[Drama 2018] Fluttering Warning / Love Watch, 설렘주의보

0ly40

30 minutes ago, thistle said:

That is a good point.  But I think that finding a reason for selfish behavior is one thing, and excusing it is quite another.  The first is understandable; the second only encourages more of the foul behavior.  It is essentially the difference between the way an adult behaves and the way a toddler does.  We expect an adult to be capable of action but a child is only capable of reaction.  HJ is acting like a selfish brat, and she should be capable of so much more.

IMHO, it is incumbent upon each person to rise above whatever circumstances that surround them--that we should attempt to overcome the things that have harmed us, that we should do better than those who have shown us only cruelty.  Thus, I am really very bothered by a character's unworthy and unkind behavior.  And I would like to be shown some humanity to her character--saying that she has been harmed is not enough; she needs to reach past her own injury to help another.

When I wrote my last comment I was not excusing her selfish behavior. I just explained why she acted like that. Honestly, people like her do exist, I know someone like her. They will hurt others because they are so blinded by their own "suffering" or interest that they simply don't care what happens to others. They sometimes hurt others intentionally but they justify their own actions because of their "trauma" or their "imagined pain caused by others".

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

When I wrote my last comment I was not excusing her selfish behavior. I just explained why she acted like that. Honestly, people like her do exist, I know someone like her. They will hurt others because they are so blinded by their own "suffering" or interest that they simply don't care what happens to others. They sometimes hurt others intentionally but they justify their own actions because of their "trauma" or their "imagined pain caused by others".

I think it's also because she can't understand his perspective that life could be better outside the shadow of the Chaebol family. She's spent her entire life trying to win her way into the family and into her father's affections. Since we now know that her mother attempted suicide multiple times, we can assume she's looked to her father and his family for her identity and security. If marrying CWH wins her that it's worth almost any price. I also believe that she believes that's best too, that the best thing she can do for him is reunite him with his father, bring him back into his family, and secure his future by setting him up with an awesome and successful business.

When looked at like that, and blind and numb to any concept of love, I can totally understand why she is behaving as she does. 

She's behaving how she is because the dad has totally Pavloved her. He keep her close enough to the table just to use her. She not questioning why should she have to jump through hoops, what did they do to her mum to make her suicidal, usually outside kids are keep at a distance even if financially support... So why bring me close, let me sit a the table while threatening to pull the seat away when I sit. She has no resentment towards them because they've managed her well. 

Man she should be milking them for all she can get...build a nice stash.... Bring the house down and run away to a nice beach and cocktails life somewhere...

There, @bebebisous33 If your post were the Declaration of Independence, I’d sign on.

a9hm572.jpg

I'm going to break down your post so I can respond properly. Your original comment will be blue; my response is in black. 

@thistle Actually, I am not bothered by KHJ's behaviour and actions. The description of her childhood and the scenes with her father underline perfectly why she is so determined to get married to CWH. She doesn't realize how wrong her actions are because of her selfishness and past trauma. Since she was never acknowledged and was always treated like nothing by her own family (her father's), she had to become "selfish" in order to "survive". If she hadn't been like that, she would have kind of disappeared. Her existence would have been denied. So the circumstances of her life turned her into a selfish person. Her strength became her flaw in the long run as she stopped looking at others. 

>>I disagree with her decisions and course of action although I understand her motivations. She’s not a madwoman, let’s put it that way. The writer didn’t write her as a sociopath or a psychopath. Two things I do like about her -- if I may say so without getting killed here, lol -- are her honesty and good taste. I didn't notice these qualities until later on.  

On one occasion, in Episode 2, WH went to his father's office and accused him of taking away his medical privileges. He said, "You stripped my medical gown from me, blocked me from treating my patients. That's an act more cruel than snatching Choego Group from you." His father was confused. 

Shortly after WH left, the Wannabe Wife came to visit him too. And he asked her, point-blank, if she did that to WH's hospital? She didn't even hesitate. She answered, "Yes. WH said if he comes to want something, there's a possibility to negotiate for our marriage." 

Very very warped of her but the father laughed. I'd rather that she was totally honest about her misdeeds than blame somebody else. 

pCrr80E.jpg

Then on another occasion, she openly admitted to him, "Honestly, at first, I wanted to be the wife of Choego Group. Instead of becoming of CWH's wife, I thought I had to become your daughter-in-law. (meaning, Choego Group >>> CHW) But the more I see him, my heart keeps going to WH. Even if WH doesn't want to come to work at Choego Group, I don't want to lose him."

The father again commended her honesty. 

Xu3i9Gk.jpg

Me? I commend her good taste. lol. Of course, WooHyun was a better proposition than Choego Group! Even an impoverished WooHyun is better than a world-famous Choego Group. To me then there's still hope for her if she can recognize the value of a good person above all. 

Then like packmule3 illustrated it, she feels herself like she has no roots. In her eyes, she can only exist when she gets married. Only with her marriage, her father will recognize her and treat her better, besides she will have her own family. Sure, she is also projecting her own mentality into CWH. Since he had a similar past, she also believes that CWH has the same wish and desire. She is not entirely wrong: CWH has been longing for a family and father too which is the reason why he sees YJ's father as his own father and why he put two bowls on the table, when he used to eat alone.

>>Yes, she thought that she and CWH were hewn from the same cloth. They’re both illegitimate children, the outcasts in very elitist families. Top five family, right? 

To the outside world, they project the image of success, competence, self-reliance, and self-assurance. She’s the managing director of the flagship (I’m assuming) Kanghan Hotel while he’s an award-winning, internationally-trained doctor.

However, they’re both loners. She’s mostly seen with her aide while he admits to growing up by himself and to doing solitary activities.  

On paper, the two of them would appear identical in personality and taste. 

Nonetheless unlike KHJ, CWH is smart enough to realize that belonging to a powerful family will never give him that feeling of family and love. KHJ is in that matter too naive. 

>>Yes. I guess that fire can be seen as beneficial in the sense that it was an eye-opener for him. It allowed him a complete break from his toxic family so he was able to forge his own identity and his own destiny away from them.  

First, CWH witnessed the fight between his father and his step-mother, he also noticed that his step-brother was unhappy himself. Another explanation why KHJ and CWH think totally differently is that his own mother had a different approach how to resolve the problem with the lack of roots and connections: she did not run away (moving abroad) in order to hide like KHJ's mother who tried to commit suicide, his mother chose to find another man in her life. Yes, she failed... as she got divorced so often, however due to her marriages, CWH found a hyung. He was able to connect to others, while KHJ has been focusing on herself all this time. 

>>Exactly! No matter how disenchanted he was with his mother’s flightiness and multiple divorces, he was still better off in that family situation than he would ever have been in the Cha household.  Money and power weren’t the end-all and be-all of his existence. 

The choice of his career is another explanation: CWH wanted to ensure that nothing connects him to his biological father, KHJ did the exact opposite. She decided to work for her father (his company) thinking that this might create a bound between her and her father but she failed. 

>> Yes. Because he didn’t grow under his father’s shadow, he didn’t have to live by father’s rules. I wish she had the same option. She's forced to play her father’s games OR forfeit his approval and her position in his family. Terrible choice to make, right?  

Finally, we shouldn't forget that CWH almost died in the fire which created a huge riff between him and his biological father. So far, KHJ has not been hurt physically by her own father. 

>>Yes, that fire was devastating. IF that was indeed the same fire where YJ's mother died, then it had far-reaching consequences. However, for WH, the fire was also his catalyst. His character is the way it is today because of that incident.

He’s stronger, independent, resilient, and thank goodness! divorced from that family.

The Wannabe Wife’s whole argument was about “having roots.” But as seen in hers and WH’s examples, if the roots were planted in bad soil, then the seedling wouldn’t have grown beautifully anyway. It’s better to just uproot the plant and relocate it where it can thrive.  

@angelangie Far^away In my opinion, KHJ's background should be revealed as well so that her father's reputation is tarnished. KHJ became like that because of him... the two fathers should experience the disgrace she and CWH have been facing but the best punishment would be that they are abandoned by their own family. Both fathers are terrible, they only care for their own interest: their company.

>>Yes. They’re all disgraceful although, as I said in my blog, I still haven’t figured out WH’s father’s motivations. I’ve been ignoring all of the subplots and letting them all come to a head. He IS getting mixed readings on my radar so I’m holding off on any judgment on him for now. 

In sum, many villains in contemporary stories are not the same villains of yesteryears. Whereas before the villains would be written as completely monstrous and sadistic, there’s a current trend among more mature and experienced writers to HUMANIZE the enemy. Savvy writers have learned to deconstruct evil and to assign mitigating factors like extreme hardship, childhood abuse, systemic corruption, unspeakable mistreatment, etc. More likely than not, the villains are compelled to do a “necessary” evil and that’s why they’re tragic figures. If we were to carefully assess their flaws, we'd see that they were, in some way or another, victims, too. 

And I see that the writer of this kdrama taking this route because this is a romcom anyway, not a melodrama. 

It’s rare nowadays to see black-and-white characters. They’re usually 50 shades of Grey…errr… gray. :D

@packmule3 Thanks for the compliment! But while reading your post, I came to realize that you are right. There is room for redemption for KHJ. You underlined two positive aspects:

- she is honest and straightforward

- she can recognize a good person: "But the more I see him, my heart keeps going to WH. Even if WH doesn't want to come to work at Choego Group, I don't want to lose him."

This exact words illustrate that she is actually following the advice from YJ's father. The latter had said that a person dates the woman he loves, he marries a good person! So KHJ has even come to the conclusion that CWH is the perfect man for her. It is not just about the pressure coming from her own father. KHJ recognizes that he is a good and decent person. Although she keeps pushing him, he never mistreats her or looks down on her, he is just firm in his declaration. That's why she is not interested in the brother who was involved in scandal aso. CWH has been working on his own... while she forced him to quit his job, he didn't complain, he tried to find a new job on his own. So if she was married to him, he would treat her with respect, something she has been missing. 

CWH's mother has always loved him and despite her neglect, CWH was well aware that his mother loved him. On the other hand, the attempted suicide of KHJ's mother leaves a different impression: her pain and disgrace was more unbearable than her love for her daughter. This was never the case with CWH. 

It would be interesting if the moment KHJ is excluded by her own father and she thinks, she has reached the bottom, she realizes that she is not alone and she hasn't lost everything. The secretary has been by her side all the time.  

Miss stalker will look stupider than she already is .The way she doesn't pick up signs that are straightforward is beyond me. It's not like He is good at hiding his feelings.

Yes, I empathise she was raised up in an abusive household , but she is an adult and educated young woman she needs to be held accountable for her actions .Especially to the extent when she’s going around acting like a brat, and hurting other people’s feelings and playing with their life.

49 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

but she is an adult and educated young woman she needs to be held accountable for her actions .Especially to the extent when she’s going around acting like a brat, and hurting other people’s feelings and playing with their life.

this.  thank you.

3 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Then on another occasion, she openly admitted to him, "Honestly, at first, I wanted to be the wife of Choego Group. Instead of becoming of CWH's wife, I thought I had to become your daughter-in-law. (meaning, Choego Group >>> CHW) But the more I see him, my heart keeps going to WH. Even if WH doesn't want to come to work at Choego Group, I don't want to lose him."

I thought she said this as a counter strategy to win his favor, that she wasn't interested in the group but truly in CWH himself. This was after WH told her that he could have told his dad he will take over the group as long he doesn't marry her. By winning the old man's favor, she is still secured in being chosen as the prized wife to marry into the family, because she isn't eyeing the company but really (supposedly) loves CWH.

@bebebisous33

53 minutes ago, angelangie said:

because his legal son is deem useless and always misbehave.....unfortunately for WH he is a more reliable target for his so called 'DADDY' :x

btw did you notice how crank up the DADDY face is?.....looks like too much botox :x :D 

Of course I noticed that, @angelangie.  I commented on that in my blog. Said he looked like Jabba the Hutt.    

A less wrinkly Jabba the Hutt. 

Spoiler

rGBGKLX.jpg?zoom=1.25&ssl=1

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/13/fluttering-alert-exorcising-the-ghouls/

As for the legal son, I don't think he's entirely useless. He can be used as a BAD EXAMPLE:D 

But to be serious here for a moment here... I did like what WH said about his brother in Episode 1. He got upset with his father for abandoning his stepbrother because he did bad things. I thought WH was on point there.  

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Far^awayIn my opinion, KHJ's background should be revealed as well so that her father's reputation is tarnished. KHJ became like that because of him... the two fathers should experience the disgrace she and CWH have been facing but the best punishment would be that they are abandoned by their own family. Both fathers are terrible, they only care for their own interest: their company. 

You are right about revealing KHJ’s background and the best way to do that is CWH dumping her on the altar.

Why?

Because he became a celebrity on his own right by dating our YYJ and suddenly they ‘broke up’

even though he still love her. 

When the news of him marrying KHJ surfaces, media would pick up the story and do a background check. CWH left YYJ for a chaebol! I’m even imagining the headline :sweatingbullets:

And when something shocking like runaway groom happened, BAMMMM! All hell break loose. Reporters will have a field day trying to dig some juicy scoop!

KHJ IS THE ILLEGITIMATE DAUGHTER OF KANGHAN GROUP 

CHAEGO GROUP TRIES TO HIDE ILLEGITIMATE SON CWH BY MARRIAGE

THE REAL REASON WHY YYJ AND CWH BREAK UP!

oh, such wonderful headlines! KHJ would collapse and I’ll just clap my hand when that happened. 

*gleeful evil laugh*

7 hours ago, packmule3 said:

In sum, many villains in contemporary stories are not the same villains of yesteryears. Whereas before the villains would be written as completely monstrous and sadistic, there’s a current trend among more mature and experienced writers to HUMANIZE the enemy. Savvy writers have learned to deconstruct evil and to assign mitigating factors like extreme hardship, childhood abuse, systemic corruption, unspeakable mistreatment, etc. More likely than not, the villains are compelled to do a “necessary” evil and that’s why they’re tragic figures. If we were to carefully assess their flaws, we'd see that they were, in some way or another, victims, too. 

And I see that the writer of this kdrama taking this route because this is a romcom anyway, not a melodrama. 

It’s rare nowadays to see black-and-white characters. They’re usually 50 shades of Grey…errr… gray. :D

kekeke... would disagree with you @packmule3; actually there have been plenty of complicated villains in kdramas even before and it isn't really a change in trend. basically fluttering alert is written like an old school kdrama where the trend was always to write complicated villains -- it basically amped up the melo/tragedy factor. random example would be dramas like beautiful days, winter sonata, city hunter, baker's king etc...

also, you tend to find complicated villains in dailys and weekend dramas which many international viewers don't necessarily watch often. I just finished a daily drama called "am also a mother" which made the villain a fascinating character in the end because of the growth she ends up showing. so normally, villain goes to jail and drama ends. so we were all confused when we are getting to the 100 ep mark and she is already getting close to jail. so we were like what exactly is the writer going to fill the drama with when we still have another 20+ episodes to go. instead, the last arc actually pushed the grade of the drama higher -- it was fantastically realistic in showing the struggles a changed ex-convict would face in terms of integrating back into family as people don't believe the changes and hold the past (which is totally understandable because she was immensely horrid). even the ending was open ended but still hopeful and fantastic!

so complicated villains are there but it depends on the genre. :D

8 hours ago, Far^away said:

Because he became a celebrity on his own right by dating our YYJ and suddenly they ‘broke up’

even though he still love her. 

When the news of him marrying KHJ surfaces, media would pick up the story and do a background check. CWH left YYJ for a chaebol! I’m even imagining the headline :sweatingbullets:

Nice insight.

CWH is also famous in his own field. 

I have posted earlier that YYJ’s manager is not aware of the real status between YYJ and CWH, that’s why she came out with the decision. I agreed with you, the public will  sympathize with YYJ the moment the news released that CWH is getting married with a chaebol. The manager is somehow smart because she think  about the 

supposed marriage between KHJ and CWH will happen in the near future, so she asked him to take responsibility of the breakup to save YYJ.

But the manager does not know that both  Chaego  & KHJ will not stop destroying YYJ, so her premises that break up is not the answer. The answer is the advise of CWH’s mom for them to stay together and face the trial together.

btw, the blog of @packmule3 is great and your  discussions are engaging. So I may see myself more of on a reading mode. 

5 hours ago, curiousyeh said:

Soremen's advice' Joo Woo-jae confessed to Yoon Eun-hye'

Posted by Yoo Cheong-hee in: 2018/11/28 14:08:00
2018112814062513001.jpg

In the MBN drama 'Soremen', Joo Woo Jae confesses his unrequited love for Yoon Eun Hye for over ten years.

The declaration to Yoon Yoo-Jung's (Yun Eun-hye) by Seung Hoon (Joo Woo-jae) will be revealed. Seung Hoon had a long friendship with Yoo Jung, his debut motive. However, his feelings for Yoon Yu-jung is unrequited.

Especially because it is Seung Hoon who declared to say something to Yoo Jung, the meeting of two people increase the curiosity. According to the production crew, in this broadcast, he wants to clear the friendship and so she look at himself as a man, and that he carries the sincerity.

The photo released before the broadcast contained the expression of a surprised Yoo Jung. She have not been able to imagine that he liked her because she knew that he liked men as well as being close to her family for more than 10 years.

The crew of the 'Sureum adviser' said, "I hope that the sincerity revealed by Sung Hoon will make a difference to the romance of the 'milk couple', and that he can protect her."

'Sureimugo' will be broadcast 9 times today at 11 pm (28th).

Yu Chung Hee reporter chungvsky@tenasia.co.kr

Yoon Eun Hye Is Surprised By Joo Woo Jae’s Confession In “Love Alert”

Yoon Eun Hye Is Surprised By Joo Woo Jae’s Confession In “Love Alert”

Nov 28, 2018
by K. Lew

Joo Woo Jae will be making a direct confession to Yoon Eun Hye in “Love Alert.”

“Love Alert” is about top star Yoon Yoo Jung (played by Yoon Eun Hye) and doctor Cha Woo Hyun (played by Chun Jung Myung) and the romance that ensues when they are forced to pretend to be in a relationship. Joo Woo Jae plays Yoon Yoo Jung’s best friend of 10 years, Sung Hoon.

Previously, Sung Hoon and Yoon Yoo Jung showed off their great chemistry as best friends. However, it was revealed that he in fact has romantic feelings for his friend. When Cha Woo Hyun asked him if he really only had feelings of friendship for her, Sung Hoon could not respond. He also gently held Yoon Yoo Jung’s hand as she slept.

In the released photos, the two meet in a luxurious bar, as Sung Hoon previously told her that he had something important to tell her. His sincere expression conveys his direct confession, while Yoon Eun Hye can’t hide her surprise. His confession will shock her even more so as she believed for the last 10 years that Sung Hoon liked men.

“Love Alert” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 11 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already, check out the previous episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1270407wpp/yoon-eun-hye-surprised-joo-woo-jaes-confession-love-alert

30 minutes ago, inss25 said:

Do we will have another tragic event after the beach date?? Because I read somewhere that YJ will amnesiac due to car crash or something like that. I hope it won't happen at least not after their beach date. 

Seriously?? I like old school... but I still dislike amnesia..... please... no....

Btw, I may not be able to live stream and recap tonight :(

Archived