[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

hello!

Is it only me not bothered by SJJ interview? :blink: When PSH signed on to this project, i knew exactly that she won't have an equal role as compared with HB. The theme screams male centric and most of all it's SJJ, the writer behind Kang Chul and Oh Yeonjoo's W, the writer who has her own logic. It was this context I had approaching MOA and it helped me a lot to focused more on the execution rather than rationale.

What i'm not prepared for was the overwhelming beauty of Augmented Reality in 1st episode and there was no turning back after intriguing 2nd part. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:  SJJ creativity was par excellence. How did she came up with unique, fresh and diverse drama like this? She did it again after the critically acclaimed W.  Every episode leaves you on the edge and at wits end. What's even strange is that unintentional romance played big as much as the game. It was understated yet strong. So much so that it created a glitch in the story by having SJJ unable to wrap up her mind about it.:lol: :crazy: Overall, i'm satisfied with 14 episodes and can't wait for finale this week though i don't want it to end yet. There's no way i'm gonna pass SJJ mind boggling closure.

PSH has been one of the most smart and professional actress I've known. She did her best job as Jung Heejoo/ Emma. MOA won't be complete and the same without her. Whatever happened as supposed to her character I'm sure she took it positively. Aware of the writer's style as she had followed all the latters' work.

Imo, starring in MOA was still a good move for PSH. It was large scale and high quality production spanning viewership not only in Asia but in other continents as well. The experience of working with talented local and foreign teams, most specially holding one's ground with Hyun Bin. Her biggest takeaway was the enormous clamor of netizens for more of her character. It proves how much viewers were thirsty of her and knew very well her unlimited capability. Viewers were disappointed and frustrated that it was not realized. Good thing, she can show it thru her upcoming film. 

Hyun Bin is excellent. There was no other actor perfect as Yoo Jinwoo than him. :wub: Same goes for PSH as Jung Heejoo. :wub:

I love MOA as it is. I like it's mysterious story and everyone in it. I have never felt alive again in my kdrama with all it's heart pumping action, fantasy, suspense thriller, comedy, romance and drama. :thumbsup:A big round of applause to the whole cast & crew for bringing into life this one of a kind kdrama.

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

hello!

Is it only me not bothered by SJJ interview? :blink: When PSH signed on to this project, i knew exactly that she won't have an equal role as compared with HB. The theme screams male centric and most of all it's SJJ, the writer behind Kang Chul and Oh Yeonjoo's W, the writer who has her own logic. It was this context I had approaching MOA and helped me a lot to focused more on the execution rather than rationale.

No, you're not the only one who's not bothered by the SJJ interview!
I would even like to read it much more often, but unfortunately she communicates not very much.
I love reading what she has to say on any occasion, except one: when it's not the right time.
The only thing that disappointed me was that this interview was published before the end of the drama, and I think there are too many spoilers in it. As a result, it spoils the end of the drama a little bit because I now know things I shouldn't have known. Fortunately, I forgot half of it.

However, I feel like I'm experiencing a lot more spoilers when I read this forum!
I came across a couple of things in the previous pages, and I had to leave quickly without reading any more.

But it was too late....
The "spoiler" tag is not sufficiently used for what it was made for!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

45 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

About time. I havent seen the stills. But i guess she will do something if she's out of her chair. Haha

Yes Emma does leave her chair and looks kinda mean...wow! maybe she did turn wicked and kept JW in her world inexchange of SJ. Just like one of @PororoQueen @tiger457_stv @wenchanteur fan fic... :joy:

DxQpx81VYAEq9qX.jpg

Her hair is beautiful here...and so long 

DxQpx8xVYAAH8BQ.jpg

Spoiler

DxQpx8wUYAECUPe.jpg

DxQpx8xUUAE6IhK.jpg

@wenchanteur soju is best served with beer..;) and I think we need it for the finale.

VHKF2fT.gif

@ash011  @avondale16 love your positivity 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

TRANS:

Siwon: You've worked hard, Seju. No Chanyeol. So what happened. Why did you create that game. First,let's watch it live.

Chanyeol: I didn't make..a good game..I should've checked it more.... Marco stabbed me.

Siwon: Oh. First, let's watch it live.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, JojoCx3 said:

TRANS:

Siwon: You've worked hard, Seju. No Chanyeol. So what happened. Why did you create that game. First,let's watch it live.

Chanyeol: I didn't make..a good game..I should've checked it more.... Marco stabbed me.

Siwon: Oh. First, let's watch it live.

Indeed your game is bad. If it gets released for sure it will get bad ratings and thats only if the players are still alive. Huuuu

I want to know more about the virus the writer talked about. When did it invade the game. Who made it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Hehe.. Just back not for long ago, while I'm healing from accident, I have catched up the episodes and feels.. "Hmmm so much execution not enough explanation!" I'm not expecting so much, but let's finish this and see how it wrapped.. Tonight I will join:blush: I love about the creativity in this Kdrama production.

Hejoo Jinwoo chemistry is:heart:

• Like 8

On 1/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, wenchanteur said:

I would even like to read it much more often, but unfortunately she communicates not very much.
I love reading what she has to say on any occasion, except one: when it's not the right time.
The only thing that disappointed me was that this interview was published before the end of the drama, and I think there are too many spoilers in it. As a result, it spoils the end of the drama a little bit because I now know things I shouldn't have known. Fortunately, I forgot half of it.

However, I feel like I'm experiencing a lot more spoilers when I read this forum!
I came across a couple of things in the previous pages, and I had to leave quickly without reading any more.

But it was too late....

Me two! As  I said i choose to ignore SJJ interview. I always admire what PSH in every work she did. She is one of smart and talented actress who always choose good role in kdrama, even when knetz said she is a human faucet actress who can not kiss, she always won an award in Korea. I am not fan of HB, but never thought that he would have a great chemistry with PSH, but with MOA I become his fan. So, I believe SJJ will give MOA the best ending. Who knows there will be another plot twist?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, liz-danielle said:

I was told by my K change that this is the most "cry scene" for HJ/PSH from the beginning to the end (OMG)... I really want a happy ending -- not some kind of "happy ending in the game world"... 

Nooooooo..  No words :huh: my 20% chance reduced to 10%.. jW don't die please.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

But it was too late....

hahaha...some are way excited to share their news. i think it will take time before we reach the stage that spoiler tag is properly used :D

fair enough. SJJ must work on her interview timing next round.

SJJ made her statement but at the end, it's the viewer in me who has a final take on what i want to believe on everything that i've watched.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yuhotarubi said:

So i guess we're going into another flashback filled episode, ok. Bring it on.

Nooooo! Don't say it loud, it might come true :lol:

but i expect a flashback episode too. One where SJ explain the mess he made. If he only says i don't know...imma throw something. Haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, yuhotarubi said:

So i guess we're going into another flashback filled episode, ok. Bring it on.

it would be weird if there's no flashback hahaha

4 hours ago, avondale16 said:

Why 20%?  Wanna 100% happy ending.

Is that too much to ask for?

Expectation hurts 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, rori0711 said:

hahaha...some are way excited to share their news. i think it will take time before we reach the stage that spoiler tag is properly used :D

fair enough. SJJ must work on her interview timing next round.

SJJ made her statement but at the end, it's the viewer in me who has a final take on what i want to believe on everything that i've watched.

Well, it's also true that I should never come to this forum the days before the episodes are broadcast, that's where there's the most spoilage. Especially those based on the preview of the next episode. I never watch previews in a drama, it's a real horror that completely sabotages the surprise of the next episode.

But I don't have a lot of activities right now with a weird life, sleeping, going to work, watching two episodes of MOA a week, coming here to talk a little bit, and most of my time, writing the saga W season 2 that I talk about from time to time (since it's my only obsession, I can't avoid it completely, and it's less obsessing to be in love).

As there may be people who would be interested here, I ended up creating a topic in the fanfix forum, to give an overview of the project.  I spent a lot of time making a photo montage (of approximate quality) that could be used as a banner for the title, or my signature. Sadly, it's also a photo montage with a lot of spoiler all in all! Even the teaser contains spoiler. I have to say this to prevent it from being seen, when that is the objective of a teaser. This is ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Good suggestion to let the stuff that doesn't make much sense go. This was always billed as a fantasy suspense drama, and I think it's delivered on that front.

It's just that we may have also wanted more of the romance element, especially since "Memories of the Alhambra" is actually SUCH a romantic title, and the guitar piece with that name is an opulent romantic Spanish guitar fare. Plus, I personally wanted HJ to be able to be a fighter in the game along with JW. Oh well. We can't always get what we want. - to quote an old song.

Anyway, it's finale weekend. Even if it may not be a logical ending, let's hope for an emotionally satisfying ending. The writer can do that, for us, right?

yupss, for me its been good so far i just dont want to be dissapointed of the ending. 

it will be nice if they close it with a nice romance element, actually, hyunbin and shinhye on the streets of granada (without it giving off as any product placement scenes you know what i mean? hahaha :D)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Last round yaaallll. Its the last round

We start.

Bro not bro is playing guitar

And his friend called telling SJ was found in a cafe in Spain

Friend says SJ is on a plane.

And now he is in Korea in front of HJ's house.

Sidenote: yep they can teleport :sweatingbullets:

Sidenote2: why is bro not bro with HJ? I thought they were on bad terms after granny's incident.

Family reunion! 

Office dude in the office looking at JW's stuff

Sidenote: this ep is slow so far..do something please.

HJ calls office dude asking about JW. And tells SJ has return.

Theres a new character. A doctor.

Oh JW was found slumped in a toilet somewhere.

Papa cha was informed about JW by doc. And he tells doc to keep it a secret.

But doc knows better and called office dude.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 13