[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

2 minutes ago, ned_lee said:

I consider my self as lucky to be active on this thread, coz all of you here are super passionate and I must say smart on what you believes in.

@packmule3 you got me on your gold fish with 2 dimples. You have a very refreshing take in dissecting drama narratives.

@Kasmic I'm cool using my zombie panpan for another wk (if and when my choice is :crazy:

Have a nice weekend to you all and hope to exchange post with you later B)

Well, he was either a goldfish with 2 dimples or a goldfish with extra big cheeks. 

Spoiler

Related image

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@packmule3 beautiful post! I felt so ‘awwww’ at the romance angle you wrote on :wub:

i am waiting to see how all this unfolds before I make any more inputs on anything -_-

Why? You don't think there's a happily-ever-after?  :D I'm fine with that, too, you know. I tell myself that I'll be okay with a clean finish as long as it isn't the "Third Charm" sort of ending where the couple were really better off living apart from each other. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

26 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

I don't think he has the stomach for an affair. I'm basing this on JW's observation that Park couldn't keep a straight face. Remember? When they went out to lunch?

JW said that Park would have a hard time being a CEO because he didn't have a poker face (or words to that effect). JW thought that Park was too honest and his face was such an easy read.  

Now, if JW's assessment of his old friend is reliable and correct, then Park won't be able to keep a stoic face too when he's having an affair. :)

But as always, I'm keeping my options open....

He would be found out long ago if JW's assessment is right:P

This is what I should engrave in my head when watching, keeping my options open, especially if I'm not the one making/writing the story:lol::sweatingbullets:

by the way, the goldfish with extra big cheeks picture is weird and scary for me:tears:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

26 minutes ago, hyuuhikari said:

He would be found out long ago if JW's assessment is right:P

This is what I should engrave in my head when watching, keeping my options open, especially if I'm not the one making/writing the story:lol::sweatingbullets:

It's okay, too, to take a stand on something and say, "This and no further!" or "No, I don't buy that" or "This writer is loopy."  That's why I watch kdramas like I'm dating the writer. If she/he doesn't pass the test after...say... six episodes, then I'm outta that relationship. 

But with this writer, I was determined to finish it to the end because of the many unfavorable things I heard about her after "W". I liked the first half of "W" but I wasn't able to finish it. I went overseas and couldn't access kdramas. By the time I returned home, people were already panning it. I thought the fault was in the audience for not understanding the show, and not the writer for not writing a better script. lol.

For me, the onus of interpretation is always on the viewers. It's up to us to derive or to create meaning. The writer always has the message and director communicates it. But if we don't get it, then we don't get it. :) 

Take the crying for instance. People complained that HJ cries a lot. lol. (I think there's a purpose there but 'll write about it later.) But these same people don't complain that JW runs a lot. :blink:  Didn't you notice? In like every other scene, he's running!! Ooooeeemmmgeee!! What's wrong with him?!!! If I see him run around the corner one more time, I'm going to holler. Can't he just like stroll down the street or pretend that he's a potted plant so he doesn't waste energy?

See that?  To me, it's funny what viewers pick up on and nitpick.  Okay, laters! Gotta unpack my bags. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

On 1/14/2019 at 4:33 PM, siddy09 said:

I asked my fellow kdrama binger to watch this show live with me and this was her reply, "game-type, mysterious, twisting plot..I can't watch that", this was actually her reply.

I have to quote your sentence. from my experience in k drama watching land, i think this sentence really explains a lot. People just have different taste thats all i think. I have a friend who said she cant watch those dual reality, plot twisting, need heavy thinking dramas. So she doesnt really like goblin, W, nine time travels. Me for instance, i cant stand typical romance dramas like The Heirs, Encounter, Whats wrong with secretary Kim (yep shoot me), moonlight drawn by clouds (shoot me twice), even Descendants of the Sun. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

So for those who are trying to make sense of the loopholes, my suggestion is let it go coz welll its kinda youre in for a fantasy drama. In my personal opinion, this drama is actually better than W and Nine time travels (from the same writer). 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

My thought right now : Been stuck with the drama from May I guess when the cast approved. So not fair to get disappointed at the last moment. What's done is done. Let me stand still and watch the end with no expectation and strong heart. 

P. S I'm hoping for a happy ending.. I know I'm mad even after knowing its now 80 20 chances..20% happy ending.. Hmmm

• Like 9

Since we already watched until 14 episodes then let’s just finish it to the end. Let’s just set aside whatever disappointment we have . Let’s just continue whatever we have started and support the casts and production staffs who worked so hard . Esp HB and PSH 

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, avondale16 said:

Why 20%?  Wanna 100% happy ending.

Is that too much to ask for?

I guess expecting 20% is more hehe.. But I'm getting ready for heartbreaks. I'm sure it's going to be a emotional finale.. 

But HB mentioned it's gonna be a like a magic romance. I'm wondering what does that mean? 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, packmule3 said:

It's okay, too, to take a stand on something and say, "This and no further!" or "No, I don't buy that" or "This writer is loopy."  That's why I watch kdramas like I'm dating the writer. If she/he doesn't pass the test after...say... six episodes, then I'm outta that relationship. 

But with this writer, I was determined to finish it to the end because of the many unfavorable things I heard about her after "W". I liked the first half of "W" but I wasn't able to finish it. I went overseas and couldn't access kdramas. By the time I returned home, people were already panning it. I thought the fault was in the audience for not understanding the show, and not the writer for not writing a better script. lol.

For me, the onus of interpretation is always on the viewers. It's up to us to derive or to create meaning. The writer always has the message and director communicates it. But if we don't get it, then we don't get it. :) 

Take the crying for instance. People complained that HJ cries a lot. lol. (I think there's a purpose there but 'll write about it later.) But these same people don't complain that JW runs a lot. :blink:  Didn't you notice? In like every other scene, he's running!! Ooooeeemmmgeee!! What's wrong with him?!!! If I see him run around the corner one more time, I'm going to holler. Can't he just like stroll down the street or pretend that he's a potted plant so he doesn't waste energy?

See that?  To me, it's funny what viewers pick up on and nitpick.  Okay, laters! Gotta unpack my bags. 

this post crack me up, as if you are reading my mind :joy: 

Ultimately, audience has the free will shld they stay or not in a drama.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1