[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

26 minutes ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

OMG!!!!:cold_sweat: LAST SCENE TONITE EP!! JANG HYUKKKKKK.... NO!!!!

so heartbreaking to see them kissing:bawling:

can't wait!!! new EP. Sae Woo ex Hubby appear

I hope he's not hurt that much. I mean it kinda looked like he was already expecting this to happen in the past episodes. :huh:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Hannahmiriam said:

I don't think keeping the 20 episodes series would inconvenience the actors in any way. In fact, if the airing was delayed, it doesn't mean that the same thing happened with the filming. I think it's rather for the TV schedule. The next drama would have to start on a Tuesday or they would have to find something to air after WOL finishes and it's too much of a headache, so they just decided to shorten it. Which I guess it's all right, as it does not seem to be one of the most successful and they are ready to air the next one.

There is another round of World Cup matches next Monday and Tuesday. My initial thought was that they will suspend broadcast for one day next week and this will allow the final episode to end on a Tuesday nicely. 

I m literally pissed off at the last scene where DCS had to witness the kiss.. Even though I liked this kiss scene better than the other one.. I felt very sad for DCS as he had to witness his beloveds in love!! He can't be sad or be happy.. I hope he copes up with it.. I guess the story doesn't have much to it.. So instead of dragging it they might have opted to just let go off one episode.. Abt the success of the drama, it is fairly successful not much but we can say it faired well.. It almost has nearby ratings to the first one.. It's neck to neck competition plus it is popular too.. But still having three big stars in this show, this success is not worth much.. 

P. S. I demand a love line n happy ending of DCS with a family.. I don't want him single.. :bawling:

Oh, the ex husband will be back in the next episode (we already know this will be happen). I really want to know if he really a bad guy or he was forced to leave her. But for now, let me just enjoying the lovey dovey scene between DanPoong. Still, poor CS who had to know about them like that. SP tried to tell him earlier but he was too busy talking on the phone.

Btw, I'm happy SW finally got to taste the almond tofu. But I think SP change the recipe since he steamed the tofu and not fry it. The tofu looks soft in the outside and also soft in the inside, just like SP now:wub:

I agree with @USAFarmgirl. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments.  To me, this series has two male leading actors and I like both of them. Only because he doesn't have a girl doesn't mean Jang Hyuk is the secondary lead. It doesn't necessary that every "leading actor, actress" must have a girl or a boy.

Leading actor/actress/ character is the one who plays largest role in the series. Secondary lead is for "a large supporting role" 

In this series, i think we should use the word "co-leads". 

2 hours ago, jhjsw said:

I hope he's not hurt that much. I mean it kinda looked like he was already expecting this to happen in the past episodes. :huh:

I think is good that he witnessed it.  I nearly missed that cos I skip many portions while watching raw. 

DCS cut off ties (romantic ties) with DSW and move on to do what he needs to do. Gives his blessing and focus on what he wants to do. I hope to see this.

The plot has to be more than romance and cooking. I know this is greasy melo - cooking grease and melo romance but still the story has to somehow developed from all these. Although I skip to only watch Jh’s portion, I do hope the plot can be tighter. At least next week preview gave us some hope of knowing what exactly happened to DSW Father. It took almost 20 episodes to get us there!

@dramaninja I feel u. DCS character is so damn sad. Not getting his love, ex gangster, separated with parents, in debt and alone. To make things worse, he is so nice and soft. 

But of course JH has the most emotional love lorn eyes :( from MF to WOL, he still is not getting his girl ....even his back view looks saddddd.

I’ve just watched this and felt the same way too. The scene where DCS ‘confront’ his mum in the office was nicely executed by both JH and LMS. 

44bfa9e6eccb425aa306be593fc45eb9.jpg?x=b71b40c38215e4f4aae728d6c963462c7.jpg?x=bimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_s_c_0Te6ueNFFcMRuzk

@windywind  Thank you....

Your post & words brought something else to mind and that is the importance that Jang Hyuk's type of character has and the fact that it isn't seen enough and yet it represents a larger population of people in reality and why I think he along with Poong & SW compliment each other in every way.

Everyone doesn't get Cinderella or the Prince in fact as much as I love writing about love and romance the flip side of that happiness is the suffering in crushes and one sided love and the loneliness and pain when those real feelings are not returned.  Sometimes never even noticed.  Not just that but I would say a majority of us have experienced that at one time or another.  Painful, I think that cry at the river summed it up perfectly no words could ever top that.  For the tears falling alone and the brokenness DCS allowed us to see and feel for some may have reminded us of a moment like that in our life today or long ago...

It doesn't make for great drama because of people like me who love and want and even often expect a happy ending.  All the while knowing most of the time it doesn't always work that way.  It's why sad endings are never appreciated maybe it's because they are to real and most of us are looking to escape our reality for a while and rest in the arms of a Fairytale...

Even in Poong & SW's characters there is a large audience for what each of them has suffered and lived through.  Betrayal and loss in having your heart ripped from your chest and stomped on right before your very eyes by the one person you loved and trusted the most.  Suffering so great that even life becomes meaningless and you become numb in not understanding what happened?  How did I get here and that feeling of nothingness in being lost and alone...

That's why a kiss can mean hope in surviving and the happiness in being able to take the courage to move on.  Yet to some a kiss is still a memory or a hope of one that hasn't come.  I also love that whether DCS has a woman standing beside him or not doesn't define who he is.  For he like many others can stand alone still laughing and smiling experiencing life, happiness and even joy...

With the love of those around them and the peace found...

Within themselves...

2 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

Oh, the ex husband will be back in the next episode (we already know this will be happen). I really want to know if he really a bad guy or he was forced to leave her. But for now, let me just enjoying the lovey dovey scene between DanPoong. Still, poor CS who had to know about them like that. SP tried to tell him earlier but he was too busy talking on the phone.

Honest, I am NOT happy at all about the ex-husband coming back. Like if he was coming back and apologizing and letting SW go, then okay, but if he's gonna come back and fight for her and force her to leave SP, UGH! Hate it. :rage:

This is just my guess on everything that's been happening soo far. Do you all remember in the beginning how SW's father gave her the check to go donate/pay at the hotel banquet? That's where she first met SP and ask for him to cook jajangmyeon for her, then it gets all crazy and she invites them to her wedding. Since her husband and her were register already, they were a couple with sharing accounts and everything. The hotel has been going through financial problem since the beginning and when SW went to the banquet and gave them the check, the CEO like took it for his financial problems instead. That caused SW's father to get into money fraud stuff and her father went into prison for the false accused. Since her husband was married to her, he had to take the other blaming that's why they took him away. The husband's parents came to ask for a divorce is to free their son from the whole false accused. Now time has passed, he's a free man now and has nothing to be involved with, that's why he's back to see SW. 

From the preview, CS probably got some more information, that's why he went to visit the dad in prison. CS knows what's going on and him and his kkangpae are going to dig it up and solve it all, because if CS finds out and buys out Hotel Giant, that's the end for them. 

Even though CS isn't going to get anyone, I hope he becomes the bigger hero of this whole problem. His past has caused him a lot of pain and he has become a humble man. He deserve to be recognize as a hero and not a kkangpae boss. 

Omo...I liked the hug with the sparkly city in the background, 

then the kiss itself.

Such a beautiful scene when Poong made almond tofu for SW, and how 

they both enjoyed the flavor while feeding it to eachother.

If this was a movie the next scene would surely be very exciting. 

13 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

So what do u mean? JRW & LMS not suit with their character?

You both misunderstood me.

JRW I   know very well after Salaryman ( 3 times ) and Witch Court more recently . She is reason for me to watch this drama.

LMS i have seen more then once too in several dramas as a lady not to fool around with.

Seeing them here in a role where they seem to be more timid adds to the suspense, because they just are not like that  really.

They act great !

20 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Thanks to KBS and MBC replacing their drama slots with World Cup broadcasts yesterday, SBS's 'Greasy Melo' ratings managed to set high records at 7.5% and 9.3% haha...

3 more weeks to go !!

You mean there was no other drama airing other than WOL last night?

8 hours ago, kohnlee said:

But of course JH has the most emotional love lorn eyes :( from MF to WOL, he still is not getting his girl ....even his back view looks saddddd.

Ok, honestly! When did I read this comment before? Kinda like dejavu.  :lol:

14 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

You mean there was no other drama airing other than WOL last night?

Yes, except TVN which airs 'About Time' half an hour before WOL.  The other 2 stations were airing World Cup stuffs from 10pm though the actual matches start at 11pm which is after WOL ends. 

9:30 - 10:30 pm TVN's About Time

10:00 - 11:00 pm SBS Wok of Love

10:00 - ?? MBC World Cup

10:00 - ?? KBS2 World Cup

11:00 -12:00 JTBC Ms Hammurabi

Do you remember when DCS was at the hospital and went outside for a walk, and a lovely lady, also a patient, tagged along and nagged him about how smoking wasn't good for his lungs? I thought she could have been a possible love interest. I hope they meet again and he falls in love. I want to see him happy so badly! :tears: DCS Oppa! :wub: :D

I'm also shipping Geok-Jung and Bo-ra, though they're minor characters. I remember, back at the hotel's kitchen, when GJ saved Bo-Ra from the knife that was going to fall on her feet. The look she gave him then was too cute. She looked smitten. :P

Last thought, I'm this close to renaming the restaurant "The Hungry Kitten!"

Archived