[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

Jang Hyuk Picks Most Memorable Moment From “Wok Of Love,” Talks About Great Chemistry With Cast

jang-hyuk-wok-of-love.jpg

In an interview on June 19, “Wok of Love” star Jang Hyuk spoke about the cast members’ chemistry with each other, his most memorable scene, and more.

In the drama, Jang Hyuk plays the role of Doo Chil Sung, a former gangster turned restaurant owner, and he does it all, from romance, bromance, and action, to comedy.

Jang Hyuk credits the cast’s chemistry to their great ability to immerse themselves into their characters and play off of each other’s reactions. He said, “I believe that the fine details of acting come out when you really get into character. For example, when [Doo Chil Sung] has a crush on Sae Woo (Jung Ryeo Won), his bromance with Seo Poong (Junho), when he has to show leadership with Oh Maeng Dal (Jo Jae Yoon) and the gang, even his relationship with the mystery woman. We concentrated on our feelings in each different relationship, and that’s why, I think, the chemistry works.”

jang-hyuk-wok-of-love-2-540x303.jpg

The scene that Jang Hyuk remembers most is the action scene in episode 18 where Doo Chil Sung goes to retrieve Seo Poong’s recipe notebook. In the scene, Jang Hyuk jumps headfirst into the window of a moving car, and like the action pro that he is, the scene was shot sans stunt double. “It wasn’t an easy scene to shoot,” said Jang Hyuk, “but I think it came out much cooler than your average sequence, so it’s very memorable.”

lee-mi-sook-wok-of-love-540x422.jpg

Jang Hyuk also heaped praise on his co-star Lee Mi Sook, who is tackling a double role in the drama. Their character dynamic is vastly different from “Money Flower,” their previous drama together, and Jang Hyuk said, “In this drama, Lee Mi Sook’s portrayal of the mystery woman and Jin Jung Hye is so different, I have to remind myself that she’s the same person.”

There’s still much to look forward to in “Wok of Love,” said Jang Hyuk. “The drama is the story of people in love, against the backdrop of Chinese cuisine. There’s still a lot for us to show you with the romance, bromance, and human aspect of the drama, so please look forward to it. Doo Chil Sung’s story will be played out through his relationships with others. I believe the happiness and sadness of his character will be revealed through his relationships with Seo Poong, Dan Sae Woo, and his mother.”

“Wok of Love” did not air on June 19 due to the 2018 Russia World Cup, and will resume with episodes 23 and 24 on June 25.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/19/jang-hyuk-picks-memorable-moment-wok-love-talks-great-chemistry-cast/

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our Chil-sung is in the list !!

Love cells simulation! Characters that you want to him to be your boyfriend.

#1 Peter Parker, age 16, Spiderman

#2  Doo Chil-sung, age 40, Former gangster, current landlord (Korean drama - Wok of Love)

#3 Hsu Tai-yu, age 17, High school student (Taiwan movie - Our Times)

About Doo Chil-sung

Though he is a former gangster, he is not too scary. In addition, " Eori " (!!!) is quite impressive. He doesn't know the criteria, but he takes care of the people he thinks are " my people. " I don't need pride to take care of my people. Sometimes they make a wish to a 10-year-old tenant and even a bit of a bloody threat.

As the main character of the mini-series, he is also good at unrequited love. He cannot hide his love and sneezing , but in front of the heroine, there is very little asthma. He has a cough, but is spinning around a shrimp.

If you look at this guy who is newly in love with a shrimp every day, well, he just flies by for an hour. I got used to her point of view, and even the female editor fell for the shrimp.

Everyone will know that the drama has to have a bad character in it. Of course, the drama also stars a villain. By the time the viewers are filled with a series of bad guys, I feel much better now with my Chil-sung's fist at the right moment.

Doo Chil-sung , who has shown off her charm by playing the role of Danwon Daddy Daddy Daddy, is highly likely to end up with a crush in the drama. It's just editor's idea, so we don't know what will happen in the future. But maybe he will be the male lead in the mind of viewers .

146241_192431_1824.jpg

http://www.munhwanews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=146241

58 minutes ago, light0312 said:

new bts

It's hilarious at 1:47 that Junho couldn't fold the dumpling. Lol. :lol:

All these BTS videos and pictures are killing me, like MONDAY come already! I wanna see what happens to DCS and I hope he kicked that CEO's a** and buy out Giant hotel. Also for Poong to win the competition. 

Sorry, I'm miserable waiting. Lol :lol:

29 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

They on a date?

Sorry, if I'm not a DCS and DSW shipper, but at this point I really don't care who's going to end up with who, I just hope things will turn out well. 

Thank you @Shosi_for_9 and @Prettysup for sharing some spoiler videos/pictures

The romance really really fizzle out in this drama I have no clue what the writers have done its all sloppy.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

The romance really really fizzle out in this drama I have no clue what the writers have done its all sloppy.

Yeah.. it's all over the place, that's why I only wish for the best on the other people. More like DCS to work out things with his mother and have a good ending for him and for SP to get the dream restaurant he always wanted. 

Archived