[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

10 hours ago, klgirl said:

De-lurking just to squee over Chef and SW.

Today’s episode was so squeeworthy, I just had to come back to Soompi to find fellow fans who’d understand why.

Firstly, can I say that I think Junho is one of the few actors apart from Ji Sung who looks like he really is kissing the girl he loves?  I find his kissing realistic and passionate.....none of the rubbish that passes for kissing in most kdramas.  

Come on, admit it, how many of you actually sigh and roll your eyes when you watch other OTP kiss and they barely touch lips and then pretend to be lost in each other......I’m getting so bored of these scenes that look like they are geared for children rather than grown people.

JRW is one of the actresses I watch after Witch’s Courtroom.  She so impressed me that WoL was an automatic watch drama, even without Jang Hyuk and Junho.  She is just as engaged in the skinship with JH and even more with Junho.

Be still my beating heart.

Loved Poong Chef and SW’s banter and flirting, the way that Poong can’t keep his smiling eyes and lips from openly showing his affection now that he’d fully committed to her.  He is totally smitten, he is always reaching for her, leaning towards her.   I like that their relationship is typical of new love....the yearning, the wanting to be with each other and the urge for skinship.  I am sure that half the time Poong Chef looks at SW like he’s been starving and she’s a walking talking banquet.

Also, the racy phone conversation between them when he was brushing his teeth bordered on phone sex....lol, my mouth literally dropped when she went there and he finished with “completely naked”...... :o

I know it doesn’t make sense that he couldn’t resist kissing her in front of the restaurant in plain sight of anyone walking by but he was saying that he really couldn’t do secrets while SW was the one insisting on it but failing miserably at resisting him too.   

The real human folly of hiding a relationship like theirs.......I admit I’ve snuck around before and can empathize that it holds a certain forbidden pleasure.  And no, it didn’t last long either much like their secretive relationship couldn’t be hidden from DCS.

I look forward to Poong Chef and SW’s refreshingly adult relationship.  If only, SW would be brave and do what Poong needs - bravely claim him as her man and tell the kitchen crew to shove off if they don’t like it.  Sigh.  I see much heartache for our Wok n Ladle.

As for Jang Hyuk, man, he breaks my heart.  I love his character - only Jang Hyuk would make an ex-gangster so likeable.  I love that he is such a strong, tragic character with a dark past.....something so different than the usual run of the mill nice guy Second Lead.  I would have suffered from SLS ordinarily....it’s JANG HYUK!!! Who wouldn’t?  But this time, I’m happy that his character trajectory has a lot of depth to it and it’s not solely focused on getting the girl who has rejected him.  I feel like DCS is the backbone of the whole show actually, the one character that everybody else is hinged on.  I can totally see why JH took on DCS.

Cant help it need to delurke and log in after more than a yr just to agree with you on this .

My golly but Poong really knows how to kiss :wub: this drama got me interested coz of JR and JH no idea abt the actor playing Chef (sorry) but after several eps of seeing those eyes w irregular eyelids and that smile ... haaay i

All the actors play their part naturally (ahhh wait im still thinking abt that hotel ceo coz his hair and makeup distracts me). Cant wait when Poong finds out abt SW's family and vice versa . Agree that there's so much more on CS character his storyline is indeed the backbone that seems to connect everybody's.

Now hungry for that jjangmyeon and almond tofu  and did I say Poong's kiss is :rolleyes::wub:?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, ned_lee said:

Cant help it need to delurke and log in after more than a yr just to agree with you on this .

My golly but Poong really knows how to kiss :wub: this drama got me interested coz of JR and JH no idea abt the actor playing Chef (sorry) but after several eps of seeing those eyes w irregular eyelids and that smile ... haaay i

All the actors play their part naturally (ahhh wait im still thinking abt that hotel ceo coz his hair and makeup distracts me). Cant wait when Poong finds out abt SW's family and vice versa . Agree that there's so much more on CS character his storyline is indeed the backbone that seems to connect everybody's.

Now hungry for that jjangmyeon and almond tofu  and did I say Poong's kiss is :rolleyes::wub:?

Junho who plays Chef had an outstanding drama just before this one...Just Between Lovers.  Highly recommended watch. It actually made it to my Hall of Fame dramas list and that is not an easy feat.

I actually loved Junho when I first saw him in Chief Kim where he played second fiddle to Nam Goongmin.  He stood out so much in that drama that he was just as talked about as Nam Goongmin who was rocking his own role as Chief Kim.  

But the drama to watch where Junho shone like a diamond is his first drama as lead...Just Between Lovers.....if you hadn’t watched it, do it now and then you can thank me.

Cheers!

Rough translation of longer preview....

SW hugging Chef from behind is saying how nice it would be if the kitchen crew liked you.  SW’s Mum quits.  Seolja is angry, saying Are Chefs like gods?

My Korean is pretty rough but can anyone else confirm this?

18 hours ago, klgirl said:

Loved Poong Chef and SW’s banter and flirting, the way that Poong can’t keep his smiling eyes and lips from openly showing his affection now that he’d fully committed to her.  He is totally smitten, he is always reaching for her, leaning towards her.   I like that their relationship is typical of new love....the yearning, the wanting to be with each other and the urge for skinship.  I am sure that half the time Poong Chef looks at SW like he’s been starving and she’s a walking talking banquet.

When I think of how much their previous partners made them suffer, my heart melts with joy every time I see them express, via words and body language, how much they appreciate each other. I'm especially happy for Poong, whose food was repeatedly rejected by his cheating fiancée, who also looked down on him and his social status (though she was of humble origins herself). It's clear that Poong is nurturing and loves making people happy by cooking dishes he takes pride in. He is a poet in the kitchen, a true artist. His past pain makes his relationship with Sae-Woo even more special and sweet: she was his right hand when he had the cast, she patiently learned to basics of cooking to help him (he probably never cooked with the woman he loved before, but instead served her all the time); SW supported him when he doubted himself and had his back against the wall (support he  it seems he never had from his 1st wife), showing him she believed he could succeed; she is not phased when Poong loses his temper in the kitchen (this is so realistic, many chefs I know are like that, perfectionists and on edge when cooking). And most importantly she tremendously enjoys his food, and she shows it, which is the best compliment you can give a chef. It was so sweet when he created a breakfast dish just for her, based on her favorite food. These two are killing me softly. :rolleyes:

And I feel the same level of gratitude for the love that Poong gives SW. After being betrayed and humiliated in the worst possible way, I was afraid he'd lose the innocence and candor he had with his first love, that he'd lose the level of depth his love was, so I was relieved and happy when I saw him give all of himself to her, without holding back, and loving her with the same depth: promising to never hurt her, to always take her calls, etc. The whole confession was cute, and he's such a good actor for making it look so sincere. It was cute as well to see him torn between his friendship for DCS and his love for SW, not wanting to hurt anyone, yet struggling to keep his feelings for her at bay. 

I will be sad when the show is over. Also extremely happy that this drama is full of strong women, and it seems that DCS's future love interest has quite a personality, too. From the short interaction they had, she doesn't scare easily, is never afraid to speak her mind, is bossy, but is also someone he will be able to lean on, if something develops between them. Can't wait to see him begin to heal and be care-free. :heart:

Damn! Jang Hyuk gets to wear some expensive sunglasses. Lol! But he sure can pull them off. :lol:

3 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

When I think of how much their previous partners made them suffer, my heart melts with joy every time I see them express, via words and body language, how much they appreciate each other. I'm especially happy for Poong, whose food was repeatedly rejected by his cheating fiancée, who also looked down on him and his social status (though she was of humble origins herself). It's clear that Poong is nurturing and loves making people happy by cooking dishes he takes pride in. He is a poet in the kitchen, a true artist. His past pain makes his relationship with Sae-Woo even more special and sweet: she was his left hand when he had the cast, she patiently learned to basics of cooking to help him (he probably never cooked with the woman he loved before, but instead served her all the time); SW supported him when he doubted himself and had his back against the wall (support he  it seems he never had from his 1st wife), showing him she believed he could succeed; she is not phased when Poong loses his temper in the kitchen (this is so realistic, many chefs I know are like that, perfectionists and on edge when cooking). And most importantly she tremendously enjoys his food, and she shows it, which is the best compliment you can give a chef. It was so sweet when he created a breakfast dish just for her, based on her favorite food. These two are killing me softly. :rolleyes:

And I feel the same level of gratitude for the love that Poong gives SW. After being betrayed and humiliated in the worst possible way, I was afraid he'd lose the innocence and candor he had with his first love, that he'd lose the level of depth his love was, so I was relieved and happy when I saw him give all of himself to her, without holding back, and loving her with the same depth: promising to never hurt her, to always take her calls, etc. The whole confession was cute, and he's such a good actor for making it look so sincere. It was cute as well to see him torn between his friendship for DCS and his love for SW, not wanting to hurt anyone, yet struggling to keep his feelings for her at bay. 

I will be sad when the show is over. Also extremely happy that this drama is full of strong women, and it seems that DCS's future love interest has quite a personality, too. From the short interaction they had, she doesn't scare easily, is never afraid to speak her mind, is bossy, but is also someone he will be able to lean on, if something develops between them. Can't wait to see him begin to heal and be care-free. :heart:

I agree with you. Like Poong was hard to take at first with his attitude, but you can't really blame the guy for coming off that way, he was suffering a lot and no one really helped him, only DCS. Going through a failed marriage, wife cheating and getting abortion without telling him, and not having a place to live, can't blame him for having a hard time accepting DSW. He didn't want to make the same mistakes or go through the same thing, again, that's why he was careful with DSW. But when he realized that he loves her and she went through what he did, too, he stated/promised that he'll never hurt her and he'll always be there for her.

I love his confession. It's like he's not going to let them both go through the same pain, again. :heart:

I am not looking forward to seeing her ex-husband coming back, but I do hope that things get situated quickly and they build their relationship strong. Not just Poong and DSW, but with DCS, too.

SW and Chef sitting at the bus stop when he was trying so desperately to hold his heart back.

That whole conversation with her listing all the things she hated about him - even his pretty hands.  Oddly enough, it began with the words I hate but to me, it sounded like a whacked out love confession in reverse.

I smiled through it all, it was so weirdly sweet that she listed out minute details about him - like his lopsided double-lidded eyes.  What kind of thing was that to notice?  Unless she has stared at him enough to see such an imperfection.

They were all his faults but to my ears, she sounded like she was madly in love with him because of them.

On 6/28/2018 at 6:18 AM, klgirl said:

SW and Chef sitting at the bus stop when he was trying so desperately to hold his heart back.

That whole conversation with her listing all the things she hated about him - even his pretty hands.  Oddly enough, it began with the words I hate but to me, it sounded like a whacked out love confession in reverse.

I smiled through it all, it was so weirdly sweet that she listed out minute details about him - like his lopsided double-lidded eyes.  What kind of thing was that to notice?  Unless she has stared at him enough to see such an imperfection.

They were all his faults but to my ears, she sounded like she was madly in love with him because of them.

996B2F455B347EBD1470C6

Pic credit: pengrin0125

I really like it when she talk about his uneven eyelids. It's not always noticable because his small eyes make it looks like he has single eyelid:)

1 hour ago, xcalibur07 said:

I really like it when she talk about his uneven eyelids. It's not always noticable because his small eyes make it looks like he has single eyelid:)

Lol. It isn't noticable, but he has it. It's there. :lol:

6 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

full BTS

Well after so many BTS and i realize jrw had bumbly personalities. or she made convenient shooting location

SWIPE RIGHT

She does! :D That's why they're always laughing and joking. She keeps the mood uplifted 

Wok of Love Episodes 23-24

The old woman (Lee Mi Sook) enters the office. Doo Chil Seong (Jang Hyuk) tells her to sit. He gives her the wallet. He holds the picture then gives it to her. He calls her mother. He asks if she’s his mother. He asks why she abandoned him. The old woman denies being his mother. Chil Seong admits he’s never had a mother. She cries. Chil Seong offers tissues and asks why she’s crying. The old woman declares the tears are because she did everything wrong. She’s sorry he found out. Chil Seong puts on his sunglasses and asks her not to come again. He’s uncomfortable having a mother and says it is best if they not meet again. He walks out of the office. She continues to cry. Chil Seong reenters the office and states the police told him he was abandoned in a Chinese eatery. He tells her that he couldn’t enter the army because he was an orphan, nor could he go to college because he was a gangster. Chil Seong says this eatery is his, his men are his family, he declares he has a good life. He sits opposite his mother and states he doesn’t harbor bad feelings nor does he want anything from her. He does ask why she abandoned him in a Chinese eatery. She claims Chinese food is her favorite. He can’t believe she abandoned him at her favorite eatery. She cries that the owner seemed nice and he wouldn’t starve. Anger flares as Chil Seong snaps that should have paid the bill. He spits out that she couldn’t spare $2 when she dumped him. Chil Seong stands in frustration. He sits and tells her to eat her favorite foods and puts $1000 to cover the bill. He leaves. She continues to cry.

Chil Seong carried that scene as his emotions built remembering the shame of being abandoned. Can his mother explain why she did it so that Chil Seong (and we the viewers) can forgive her?

Continue reading here https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2018/06/28/wok-of-love-episodes-23-24/

wol_ep_23_0401.jpg?w=605&h=313

wol_ep_23_0402.jpg?w=605&h=315

7 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

She does! :D That's why they're always laughing and joking. She keeps the mood uplifted 

i read on soompi article. junho said she made shoot location comfortable. she kind of easy going person.

that's why when we watched BTS, some ppl become shipper. coz she can built up pleasant taste around shoot location.

and make sense why LDW sending food truck in her latest drama ( WC and WOL) maybe she had good personality. not only LDW but others too like yoon hyu min, son dambi, ect

Archived