[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

16 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

Do you remember when DCS was at the hospital and went outside for a walk, and a lovely lady, also a patient, tagged along and nagged him about how smoking wasn't good for his lungs? I thought she could have been a possible love interest. I hope they meet again and he falls in love. I want to see him happy so badly! :tears: DCS Oppa! :wub: :D

Yes, that lady patient is named Lee Ji-kyung, age 32, working as a vet in an animal hospital. And the description says that she is going to fall in love unexpectedly. And I mentioned earlier that maybe CS will meet her again when he brings the kitten to her hospital for a check-up or something?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yes, that lady patient is named Lee Ji-kyung, age 32, working as a vet in an animal hospital. And the description says that she is going to fall in love unexpectedly. And I mentioned earlier that maybe CS will meet her again when he brings the kitten to her hospital for a check-up or something?

You made my day!!! Thank you! :)

I remember now reading about it, but wasn't sure it was the same lady. That kitten is magical! <3

De-lurking just to squee over Chef and SW.

Today’s episode was so squeeworthy, I just had to come back to Soompi to find fellow fans who’d understand why.

Firstly, can I say that I think Junho is one of the few actors apart from Ji Sung who looks like he really is kissing the girl he loves?  I find his kissing realistic and passionate.....none of the rubbish that passes for kissing in most kdramas.  

Come on, admit it, how many of you actually sigh and roll your eyes when you watch other OTP kiss and they barely touch lips and then pretend to be lost in each other......I’m getting so bored of these scenes that look like they are geared for children rather than grown people.

JRW is one of the actresses I watch after Witch’s Courtroom.  She so impressed me that WoL was an automatic watch drama, even without Jang Hyuk and Junho.  She is just as engaged in the skinship with JH and even more with Junho.

Be still my beating heart.

Loved Poong Chef and SW’s banter and flirting, the way that Poong can’t keep his smiling eyes and lips from openly showing his affection now that he’d fully committed to her.  He is totally smitten, he is always reaching for her, leaning towards her.   I like that their relationship is typical of new love....the yearning, the wanting to be with each other and the urge for skinship.  I am sure that half the time Poong Chef looks at SW like he’s been starving and she’s a walking talking banquet.

Also, the racy phone conversation between them when he was brushing his teeth bordered on phone sex....lol, my mouth literally dropped when she went there and he finished with “completely naked”...... :o 

I know it doesn’t make sense that he couldn’t resist kissing her in front of the restaurant in plain sight of anyone walking by but he was saying that he really couldn’t do secrets while SW was the one insisting on it but failing miserably at resisting him too.   

The real human folly of hiding a relationship like theirs.......I admit I’ve snuck around before and can empathize that it holds a certain forbidden pleasure.  And no, it didn’t last long either much like their secretive relationship couldn’t be hidden from DCS.

I look forward to Poong Chef and SW’s refreshingly adult relationship.  If only, SW would be brave and do what Poong needs - bravely claim him as her man and tell the kitchen crew to shove off if they don’t like it.  Sigh.  I see much heartache for our Wok n Ladle.

As for Jang Hyuk, man, he breaks my heart.  I love his character - only Jang Hyuk would make an ex-gangster so likeable.  I love that he is such a strong, tragic character with a dark past.....something so different than the usual run of the mill nice guy Second Lead.  I would have suffered from SLS ordinarily....it’s JANG HYUK!!! Who wouldn’t?  But this time, I’m happy that his character trajectory has a lot of depth to it and it’s not solely focused on getting the girl who has rejected him.  I feel like DCS is the backbone of the whole show actually, the one character that everybody else is hinged on.  I can totally see why JH took on DCS.

42 minutes ago, klgirl said:

De-lurking just to squee over Chef and SW.

Today’s episode was so squeeworthy, I just had to come back to Soompi to find fellow fans who’d understand why.

Firstly, can I say that I think Junho is one of the few actors apart from Ji Sung who looks like he really is kissing the girl he loves?  I find his kissing realistic and passionate.....none of the rubbish that passes for kissing in most kdramas.  

Come on, admit it, how many of you actually sigh and roll your eyes when you watch other OTP kiss and they barely touch lips and then pretend to be lost in each other......I’m getting so bored of these scenes that look like they are geared for children rather than grown people.

JRW is one of the actresses I watch after Witch’s Courtroom.  She so impressed me that WoL was an automatic watch drama, even without Jang Hyuk and Junho.  She is just as engaged in the skinship with JH and even more with Junho.

Be still my beating heart.

Loved Poong Chef and SW’s banter and flirting, the way that Poong can’t keep his smiling eyes and lips from openly showing his affection now that he’d fully committed to her.  He is totally smitten, he is always reaching for her, leaning towards her.   I like that their relationship is typical of new love....the yearning, the wanting to be with each other and the urge for skinship.  I am sure that half the time Poong Chef looks at SW like he’s been starving and she’s a walking talking banquet.

Also, the racy phone conversation between them when he was brushing his teeth bordered on phone sex....lol, my mouth literally dropped when she went there and he finished with “completely naked”...... :o

I know it doesn’t make sense that he couldn’t resist kissing her in front of the restaurant in plain sight of anyone walking by but he was saying that he really couldn’t do secrets while SW was the one insisting on it but failing miserably at resisting him too.   

The real human folly of hiding a relationship like theirs.......I admit I’ve snuck around before and can empathize that it holds a certain forbidden pleasure.  And no, it didn’t last long either much like their secretive relationship couldn’t be hidden from DCS.

I look forward to Poong Chef and SW’s refreshingly adult relationship.  If only, SW would be brave and do what Poong needs - bravely claim him as her man and tell the kitchen crew to shove off if they don’t like it.  Sigh.  I see much heartache for our Wok n Ladle.

I also want SW to be brave but looking at her controlling mother, I kinda understand why she's like that. I think in her whole life, she never said no to her mother. Poong is the everything her mother hate and she for once will have to disagree with her mother. It need a lot of courage to take the first step and she needs some time because she knows her mother will be hurt by her decision.

I agree with you, Poong never agree to hide their relationship and just follow her flow so Poong kissing her openly was not surprised to me. She on the other hand can't seems to resist him either (me too!). It just that the way the writer make CS see it with his own eyes is a bit cruel to me. But maybe, it's for the best so he can bury his feeling once and for all.

14 minutes ago, xcalibur07 said:

I agree with you, Poong never agree to hide their relationship and just follow her flow so Poong kissing her openly was not surprised to me. She on the other hand can't seems to resist him either (me too!). It just that the way the writer make CS see it with his own eyes is a bit cruel to me. But maybe, it's for the best so he can bury his feeling once and for all.

I can actually picture DCS going to the vet with the Dim Sum and asking her if she can also do something about his broken heart. I can already feel my "cringiness".

58 minutes ago, Hannahmiriam said:

I can actually picture DCS going to the vet with the Dim Sum and asking her if she can also do something about his broken heart. I can already feel my "cringiness".

DCS going to the vet..

Vet: Hmmm. I think I've seen you before? Oh right! You're the guy from the hospital! 

DCS: Oh.. (pointing at her of course, you guys know what I mean) :D

Vet: That's a cute kitty, what's his name?

DCS: Dim Sum-ah.. He's very sick right now and he doesn't want to eat. I don't know that to do since I've never been a mom before.

Vet: Let me check for you. Let's go Dim Sum-ah...

After letting Dim Sum drink some medicine, Dim Sum is finally eating and is healthy (you know... dramas) :D

Vet: Here you go. Dim Sum will be alright. Just make sure to always pay attention to him and take care of him. If he gets sick again, feel free to comeback.

DCS: Thank you.. I'm curious.. Can you cure people too?

Vet: What did you say? Cure people? Why?

DCS: (takes of sunglasses) I was hoping you could cure my heart which has been broken for the past 26 freakin' episodes.

The End.

Hahahaha. Sorry guys. I've just imagined this after what @Hannahmiriam said. :D

I have just now watched the episode with subs!.. I m very dissapointed with DSW's family.. How can ppl be soo bad!! The way they were bitching about poong made me angry.. Have they forgotten he was the one who provided them with job when they were cashless!! Even GJ was bitching abt poong whom poong cared soo much when he was injured.. N DSW's mom is ridiculous, she herself chose the job, if she doesn't do well,should point just turn blind n praise her.. The most ridiculous one was her asking DSW to find a person of her level when her hubby comes out.. Didnt her level person leave her when she needed him the most.. They r just bunch of worthless people to me.. I like gang bros.. They r more understanding of poong!! I m high on chilpoong ship than danpoong as I loved their care for each other.. The way poong made his hyung reunite with his mom n the the way his hyung said poong would feel happy if he sees empty dishes:wub:.. I liked danpoong chemistry too.. Their cutesy romance.. But this secret romance is going to make more problems.. I hope poong doesn't misunderstand n get hurt when he sees DSW's hubby is back n she is hiding it from him.. I hope giant hotel team gets destroyed by chilpoong soon!! I m waiting for the next episodes!! 

1 hour ago, jhjsw said:

DCS going to the vet..

Vet: Hmmm. I think I've seen you before? Oh right! You're the guy from the hospital! 

Vet: That's a cute kitty, what's his name?

DCS: Dim Sum-ah.. He's very sick right now and he doesn't want to eat. I don't know that to do since I've never been a mom before.

Vet: Let me check for you. Let's go Dim Sum-ah...

After letting Dim Sum drink some medicine, Dim Sum is finally eating and is healthy (you know... dramas) :D

Vet: Here you go. Dim Sum will be alright. Just make sure to always pay attention to him and take care of him. If he gets sick again, feel free to comeback.

DCS: Thank you.. I'm curious.. Can you cure people too?

Vet: What did you say? Cure people? Why?

DCS: (takes of sunglasses) I was hoping you could cure my heart which has been broken for the past 26 freakin' episodes.

The End.

Hahahaha. Sorry guys. I've just imagined this after what @Hannahmiriam said. :D

Hope the writer sees it!! I want DSC to have happy ending with his love line.. Loving ur imagination!! 

1 hour ago, jhjsw said:

DCS going to the vet..

Haha your post was so funny... pointing at her like this ??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcOBwpKQyWmmMBrmM_Ca4

@jhjsw Haha! I love the story..maybe it can end off like this..

DCS removes his sunglasses, smiling sweetly and looking at Dim sum with his gentle gaze since Dim sum is now feeling better.

DCS: Dim Sum ah. . let's go back. 

(Holding Dim  Sum' s paw to do a cute wave)

Vet: (hearts shooting out of her eyes seeing his smile)  Sneezes!!

:wub: Our vet is in love..

2 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

@jhjsw Haha! I love the story..maybe it can end off like this..

DCS removes his sunglasses, smiling gentle and sweetly at Dim sum who is now feeling better.

Vet: (hearts shooting out of her eyes seeing his smile)  Sneezes!!

:wub: Our vet is in love..

Haha I prefer fans-written scripts over the official one lol

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

This will be so cute!!!  I want more DCS and Dim Sum moments. :D #ChilSum

16 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

This will be so cute!!!  I want more DCS and Dim Sum moments. :D #ChilSum

Ok u are making me ship DCS And Dim sum. And he did the ‘snail’ thingy at the kitten!  #ChilSum

Ok, just finished all the episodes.. what to say.. feels the drama is still trying to bring more storylines into the plot.. until which episodes is this WOL? 32 or 40?

I just watched some episodes of Fated to love you the other night because the new episode of WOL was not there yet. And I just noticed that the eyebrows of Jang Hyuk in Fated and WOL are different!! Seems they are thicker in Fated, and in WOL are drawn by make up. Wow, how come his eyebrows are so much different?

Back to WOL, I really got hungry and wanted to cook those colorful noodles. And also those almond tofu.. ;) 

40 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Ok u are making me ship DCS And Dim sum. And he did the ‘snail’ thingy at the kitten!  #ChilSum

I would look at DCS the same way Dim Sum does if he is holding my hand like that. :D

Archived