[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

Jung Ryeo Won Shares What She Thinks Of Her “Wok Of Love” Co-Stars And Their Chemistry

Jung Ryeo won recently sat down for an interview, where she talked about her character Dan Se Woo, the chemistry between her co-stars, and even shared a hidden detail from “Wok of Love.”

The actress is currently starring in SBS’s “Wok of Love” as the sweet and lovable Dan Se Woo. With both celebrity chef Seo Poong (played by 2PM’s Junho) and former gangster Doo Chil Sung (played by Jang Hyuk) in love with her, she has been receiving a lot of love for her rom-com acting.

In the drama, her character recently declared, “My heart is my own,” and promptly kissed Seo Poong on the cheek, surprising everyone. On Dan Se Woo’s direct approach to love, she commented, “Se Woo is very straightforward and innocent. If she likes something, she can’t hide it and isn’t calculating. I like that about her.” When asked if she had anything to say to her character, she answered, “You’re doing well. Don’t shake up things here and there, but go straight, the way your heart is going.”

Jung Ryeo Won talked about the fantastic chemistry between her and her co-stars. She explained, “I think the secret to our chemistry is that we work well with each other, and that creates a natural, synergistic effect.”

Jung Ryeo Won also talked about what her co-stars were like. She commented, “Jang Hyuk is serious but sometimes he bursts into laughter like a little kid. If you’re watching him, you can’t help but laugh too because it disarms you. Thanks to him, we have a good time filming.” On Junho, she shared, “Junho has a very charming, low voice so he seems very adult-like, but he also acts very cute to his seniors. We got close on set because we teased and joked with one another.”

In addition, the actress shared a hidden detail in the show that viewers might not have caught onto yet. She explained, “In episode 8, there’s a scene where Chil Sung tries to hire Se Woo as the boss of the ‘Hungry Wok.’ Poong can’t accept Chil Sung’s decision and contradicts him. Though Poong says some harsh things to Se Woo, he makes a finger heart.” She laughed and continued, “It’s something that we did as a way to foreshadow things on our part, but I don’t think anyone has caught on yet.”

When asked to pick something to look out for in the upcoming episodes, she chose, “I think it’s going to be interesting watching the competition between the ‘Hungry Wok’ and Hwa Ryeon Jeom restaurant. I also think that the sweet romance between Seo Poong and Dan Se Woo, as well as Doo Chil Sung finding out, will add even more fun to the story. Please stay tuned to ‘Wok of Love’ until the end.”

Jung-Ryeo-Won-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/17/jung-ryeo-won-shares-thinks-wok-love-co-stars-chemistry/

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

“In episode 8, there’s a scene where Chil Sung tries to hire Se Woo as the boss of the ‘Hungry Wok.’ Poong can’t accept Chil Sung’s decision and contradicts him. Though Poong says some harsh things to Se Woo, he makes a finger heart.”

I actually had to rewatch this. And he did make a finger heart. Hahahaha. 

2PM’s Lee Jun Ho Shares Chemistry Secret With Jung Ryeo Won In “Wok Of Love” 

KITCHEN ROMANCE IS THE SPECIALTY DISH IN SBS ROM-COM DRAMA, WOK OF LOVE.

Lee Jun Ho who takes the role of a Chinese restaurant chef in SBS drama Wok of Love has been gaining well-deserved attention owing to his synergy with the main cast. His blooming romance with Jung Ryeo Won also adds to the engaging narrative.

Lee Jun Ho responded how he works with Jung Ryeo Won to achieve the level of natural on screen chemistry by talking to each other before the shot scenes.

He shared that he liked Jung Ryeo Won’s stroll in the park scene and how the cute imagination of Jung is adorable to watch. He added that the actress ensures they are on the same page everytime they prepare for an act, instilling confidence to each other in the process.

The bromance also generates enrichment for the drama which in turn gains favorable reception from the audience. He expressed how Jang Hyuk is unique and how he has learned so much from the latter’s sense of humor and acting.

Lee thanks the followers for giving him confidence and promises that Wok of Love will continue its exciting development with the backdrop of food and romance.

aBSy9r8fiJPu636649984602718002.jpg?resiz

https://www.hellokpop.com/tv-movies/2pm-lee-jun-ho-chemistry-secret-jung-ryeo-won/

'Greasy Melo' Jang Hyuk "Actors’ seamless collaboration, Good ensemble"

Jang Hyuk is currently playing the role of Doo Chil-sung in SBS drama 'Greasy Melo' (written by Seo Sook-hyang / directed by Park Sun-ho / production SM C & C). In the drama, Jang Hyuk shows both romantic love towards Dan Sae-woo (Jung Ryeo Won), as well as bromance with Seo Poong (Lee Junho) and Oh Maeng-dal (Cho Jae - yoon).  

Jang Hyuk's performance, which transcends both romance and bromance, showed a childlike innocence with a mature attitude, making viewers warm their hearts towards him. On top of that, Jang is also been responsible for the action scenes in the drama, which boosted the rhythm and dramatic fun of ‘Greasy Melo’. It's like an all-rounded performance, and let’s hear the story of Jang Hyuk, the reliable big brother of ‘Greasy Melo’.

◆ "Actors’ seamless collaboration , Good ensemble"

Jang Hyuk has been bringing out the human appeal of Doo Chil-sung through various relationships. Not only romance and bromance, but also the heartbreaking relationship with his newly found mother, who is the mysterious woman (Lee Mi-sook). We asked Jang how he makes chemistry with the various actors.

Jang Hyuk said, "The actors are so well engaged with their characters that they are very fast at catching and receiving reactions." Jang said. " Ryeo-won is lovely, and Junho shows good leadership as a chef, so I think the ensemble with the actors is showing well. "

He added, "I think acting details are expressed well when the emotional immersion is good. For example, the romantic love felt for Sae-woo, the brotherly feelings with Seo Poong, the leadership with Maeng-dal’s folks, even the relationship with the mysterious woman. I focused my emotions with each character, so I think the chemistry was right for me. "

◆ The most memorable scene - car action scene 

Jang's trustful action is another highlight of ‘Greasy Melo’. The action of Doo Chil-sung who rescued Sae-woo at the tailor's shop, as well as the performance of Jang Hyuk which transcended between traditional and comical was impressive. Jang Hyuk said that his most memorable scene was Doo Chil-sung’s action scene in the parking lot of episode 18, when he was retrieving Seo Poong’s recipe. Jang Hyuk personally created an action scene to jump into a running car window and played it without using a stand-in. "It wasn't an easy shot, but I remember it because it looked much better than the previous sequence."

◆ Jang Hyuk, "Lee Mi-sook, It feels so different even though she is the same person

At the ending of the previous episode 22, Doo Chil-sung was confronted by the fact that the mysterious woman was his mother. Jang Hyuk and Lee Mi Sook's emotional performances were outstanding and moved the viewers. Jang Hyuk said, “I feel that the feelings of Doo Chil-sung at that time are soft. There is compassion and affection in it, and there seems to be sadness from the point where parents and children need to gradually close the gap. I think there will be more of this in the future.”

Following Jang Hyuk’s collaboration with Lee Mi-sook in his previous drama ‘Money Flower’, both of them are creating another chemistry in ‘Greasy Melo’.  "I met Lee Mi-sook senior in this drama, and although it is the same person, but she feels different when she is acting as the mysterious woman vs when she was acting as Jin Jeong-hye, " Jang Hyuk said. “I think it feels that way because Lee Mi-sook senior manages to express different feelings so well”.

◆ " The Story of Doo Chil-sung, to be told in various relationships "

Jang Hyuk finally commented on the future key points to look out for. "(Our drama) seems to be a love story of people set in the background of Chinese cuisine. We still have more stories to show, human beings, romance, bromance, etc., so look forward to it. The story of Doo Chil-sung will be told in various relationships. I think joy and sadness will be present, including that with Seo Poong, Sae-woo and his mother. We will continue to show sincere performance in this drama.”

30000605020_1280.jpg

2018062001001607900124651.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201806200100160790012465&servicedate=20180619

10 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

Continuation of SP perseverance to learn boxing:D. He has a long way to go hahaha. Need a lot of classes from CS. #meowmeowpunch lol

Hahaha. If he boxes like that, there's no doubt his opponent would knock him out. :D

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk posted this on his instagram, JRW commented : TEAM 7STAR .... So are these new characters ??

I think they're not new characters. I remember the man behind him.

JH used to post a pic with him before. I think they are JH's staff :)

2PM’s Junho Shares His Experience Of Working With Jung Ryeo Won And Jang Hyuk In “Wok Of Love"

2PM’s Junho recently sat down for an interview to talk about his drama “Wok of Love.”

Junho plays the role of Seo Poong, a Chinese cuisine chef who falls from working at a high-end hotel restaurant to a neighborhood joint. “Wok of Love” centers not only on Seo Poong’s cooking but also on his romance with Dan Sae Woo (Jung Ryeo Won). Although he remains blunt and distant in front of Dan Sae Woo, Seo Poong is actually head-over-heels for her.

Junho shared the effort he put into the romantic scenes with Jung Ryeo Won. “I think being natural and making viewers heart flutter are the most important,” he explained. “I’m trying to deliver to viewers the romantic feelings as they are. While filming, we’re concentrating so much that we’re talking with our eyes. We click just by looking at each other.”

When asked if his heart ever fluttered during filming, Junho picked Dan Sae Woo’s imagination scene in episode 19. In the scene, Dan Sae Woo strolls around the park, endlessly replaying Seo Poong’s confession in her head. “In her imagination, Seo Poong repeatedly tells Dan Sae Woo that he likes her. It’s Seo Poong who confesses but it was very fun to watch Dan Sae Woo’s reaction to it,” Junho said.

Junho went on to talk about working with Jang Hyuk and Jung Ryeo Won. Jang Hyuk plays the role of Doo Chil Sung and has been showcasing impressive bromance with Seo Poong. Regarding Jang Hyuk, Junho shared, “I want to describe Jang Hyuk with the words, ‘the one and only.’ He’s very humorous and I have a lot to learn from him. There’s a lot of humor hidden in his seriousness. Every sentence he says is significant yet not heavy. He’s amazing.”

The young actor continued to praise Jung Ryeo Won as well. “Jung Ryeo Won is caring and likes to communicate with me when working together,” Junho said. “And we wholeheartedly accept each other’s opinions. She’s a very lovely person. She knows how to control the atmosphere on set and she encourages and gives confidence to her acting partner. I’m very grateful for her.”

Junho11.jpg

“Wok of Love” is now gearing up its romance as well as its culinary revenge. Junho shared, “During the remaining episodes, I want to show what ‘Wok’ and ‘Love’ mean.” He explained that upcoming episodes will show whether Seo Poong, Doo Chil Sung, and Dan Sae Woo will work together to achieve their revenge and how their love lines will work out in the end.

Junho2.jpg

“Wok of Love” will not be airing on June 19 due to World Cup coverage. The new episodes will air on June 25 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/19/2pms-junho-shares-experience-working-jung-ryeo-won-jang-hyuk-wok-love/

Archived