[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

it's curious, I feel that many people have deserted this post,:lol:   I do not see much reaction to this drama, it seems that the two main reasons are that jang hyuk is the second lead :rolleyes:here, and he does not seem to have the girl.:ph34r:

It's a shame, because this drama is not bad, it is rather funny

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

it's curious, I feel that many people have deserted this post,:lol:   I do not see much reaction to this drama, it seems that the two main reasons are that jang hyuk is the second lead :rolleyes:here, and he does not seem to have the girl.:ph34r:

It's a shame, because this drama is not bad, it is rather funny

I know some people might've dropped the drama because JH has very little screen time, but that's not the only reason. Some people find it slow, boring, not interesting OTP (and they are the center of everything, so if a person doesn't like them, there isn't much to look forward to) Others never got into this type of humor. Honestly, if Jang Hyuk was making a cameo here but the drama was actually really good, it wouldn't affect its popularity. I think the problem for the majority here, is the writing. However, I know there's people still enjoying the drama (You can find them mostly on Dramabeans), and they will hopefully feel encouraged to talk about it here too.  

Jang-Hyuk-Jung-Ryeo-Won-2.jpg?fit=1024,61529219465_hqdefault.jpg

Korean-drama-Wok-of-Love.jpg  Romance, Bromance and Family too... 

And Buster & Dim Sum...

@dramafan33  Thank you for your encouraging words to others that also encouraged me.  I love this drama because it's the first love triangle that the characters were not undermining each other or doing cruel and evil things to get their ways.  It's even hard for me to put my feelings into words that make sense.  It's kind of like instead of a triangle these three characters are rather a circle.  The love and respect they give each other and the two males in my mind are both leads for their warmth towards each other in friendship is rather moving and unusual in I think both of them wanting to sacrifice their own feelings for the others sake...

What some people might consider slow or boring I find relaxing and funny, light hearted and at times scenes that capture the true building of friendship and relationships.  How good it feels to just sit back and not have some crazy hateful character messing with my mind and stressing me out.  It's like everything and everyone is in the open and you can identify them because you know where they have been and what they are lacking.  Even with the break and already 24 episodes I have to say compared to some of the others I am now watching this one is my happy place...

Sometimes a story doesn't have to be loud or over the top sometimes it's simplicity yet cleverness can sit softly upon your mind and draws you in one heartbeat at a time...

No matter the ratings or opinions or even the lack of people if a drama gives you those feelings and most of you know what I am talking about than it doesn't matter if it's labeled a success by someone else all that really matters is what did it give you and what will you remember...

In my opinion that's why Jang Hyuk a seasoned and well trained and so talented actor chose to do this part.  He saw something that caught his eye and mattered more to him than whether he was the lead or not.  He saw a character that he could & would play brilliantly and he would do it on his own terms.  Through his natural ability and charm that not even his black sunglasses can hold back and the truth is he does funny in such a unique way his laughter and even that twinkle in his eye captures me and others every time...

I can't speak for anyone else but to me all the leads and even the colorful characters around them look pretty darn amazing to me...

I think there is something for everyone if they are willing to not only open their eyes but also their hearts.  Sometimes dramas are like maple syrup it doesn't come at a fast pace but when it does start to pour it's sweeter than you thought and so worth the wait...

I don't think ppl have dropped the show.. Coz after a period of hiatus too wok of love bounced back to its position.. I don't think JH is getting lesser screen space.. I feel all the trio r doing their best.. DCS getting to know his past n his upcoming avataar is to be waited for.. Similarly I m loving the romance of LJH n JRW.. It may be not the perfect.. But it has the best acting n chemistry between leads.. :)

P. S. It's just my opinion!! 

I'm a fan of your post @USAFarmgirl. Your always speak my mind so I don't have to repeat it again:). I kinda slow to fall in love with this drama, I think it took me up to episode 10(20) to finally feel excited to watch the next episode. It proven when GM took two weeks hiatus and I started to re-watch my favourite cuts to fill the 'emptiness' I feel without it. I miss this drama and I'm glad it resume yesterday and also as a DanPoong shipper, I'm happy that the wait is awarded with the kisses (finally):wub:.

3 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I don't think ppl have dropped the show.. Coz after a period of hiatus too wok of love bounced back to its position.. I don't think JH is getting lesser screen space.. I feel all the trio r doing their best.. DCS getting to know his past n his upcoming avataar is to be waited for.. Similarly I m loving the romance of LJH n JRW.. It may be not the perfect.. But it has the best acting n chemistry between leads.. 

yes, im agree with u. seems their chemy on point. not much but not less. juts sweet and good at the same time. once again, its because, they had good acting skills. JRW chemi with JH also good and sweet. well, no shipping war here only support drama.

from kiss scene, i watched it a couple times. seems JRW still 'hold' her kiss to Junho. not out all not given much. mean while, junho give his best did kiss scene. and seems his improved hiss kiss skill.

and WOK OF LOVE reached their popularity once more after hiatus. last nite become number 1 most search on naver real time.

4 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I don't think ppl have dropped the show.. Coz after a period of hiatus too wok of love bounced back to its position.. I don't think JH is getting lesser screen space.. I feel all the trio r doing their best.. DCS getting to know his past n his upcoming avataar is to be waited for.. Similarly I m loving the romance of LJH n JRW.. It may be not the perfect.. But it has the best acting n chemistry between leads.. :)

P. S. It's just my opinion!! 

1 hour ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

yes, im agree with u. seems their chemy on point. not much but not less. juts sweet and good at the same time. once again, its because, they had good acting skills. JRW chemi with JH also good and sweet. well, no shipping war here only support drama.

from kiss scene, i watched it a couple times. seems JRW still 'hold' her kiss to Junho. not out all not given much. mean while, junho give his best did kiss scene. and seems his improved hiss kiss skill.

and WOK OF LOVE reached their popularity once more after hiatus. last nite become number 1 most search on naver real time.

Finally got time to watched it with english subtitles and understood everything more now. DCS's past is really interesting to me and man! Jang Hyuk played it soo well that I can feel his sadness and anger when he asked his mother why she left him and didn't pay for the food that was only $2.00 :bawling:

I agree the chemistry is getting good. I don't really care on which ship to be in, but I'm glad she settle it between both guys. it's like how she stated in the first place, DCS is her Mr.Light/Her savior and she doesn't have feelings for him. The whole with the kitten really shows that they are just caring friends for one another. :)

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

Finally got time to watched it with english subtitles and understood everything more now. DCS's past is really interesting to me and man! Jang Hyuk played it soo well that I can feel his sadness and anger when he asked his mother why she left him and didn't pay for the food that was only $2.00 :bawling:

I was really sad for him when he was at the Han River trying to smoke a cigarette then starts crying even with sunglasses on. You can feel how much he wants to hold it in but he can't. He is so hurt. My poor DCS. And I am seeing that he is already over DSW and accepted the fact that she likes SP, which is a good thing. Now, he's got a bigger fish to fry - Hotel Giant.

10 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

I was really sad for him when he was at the Han River trying to smoke a cigarette then starts crying even with sunglasses on. You can feel how much he wants to hold it in but he can't. He is so hurt. My poor DCS. And I am seeing that he is already over DSW, which is a good thing. Now, he's got a bigger fish to fry - Hotel Giant.

I know that scene, too. :bawling: But glad he was able to pick up and be strong and now he's competing with Hotel Giant. 

Guess the whole cowboy looking was to get into Hotel Giant. GO DCS!

Credit to instagram owner

And more SP and SW tomorrow. Excited to see that they are together.  

Credit to instagram owner

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I agree the chemistry is getting good. I don't really care on which ship to be in, but I'm glad she settle it between both guys. it's like how she stated in the first place, DCS is her Mr.Light/Her savior and she doesn't have feelings for him. The whole with the kitten really shows that they are just caring friends for one another. 

their emotional changes are extraordinary. from crush to her become caring friend. them / both. jrw and jh so cool and flawless played it the character. so smooth.

24 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Of course, dude. U are wearing sunglasses at night wahahaha!

LOL at this scene. :D Then I was sad on what happened next. His life definitely is dark. :(

Still looking forward to the spoilers we saw last time. Like DCS dad (the boxer) and young DCS already with suspenders. :D

The way of acting in this drama reminds me of “Heard It Through the Grapevine “ in 2015.

The kind of restrained acting, where people are acting meekly, while underneath you know there is someting brewing.

Jung Ryu Won and Lee Mi Sook are two ladies who usually don't really fit into that profile.

Seeing them here like that is fun.
Like a bunch of firecrackers that can go off any second,  blowing the whole place into pieces.

5 minutes ago, hank marvin said:

The way of acting in this drama reminds me of “Heard It Through the Grapevine “ in 2015.

The kind of restrained acting, where people are acting meekly, while underneath you know there is someting brewing.

Jung Ryu Won and Lee Mi Sook are two ladies who usually don't really fit into that profile.

Seeing them here like that is fun.
Like a bunch of firecrackers that can go off any second,  blowing the whole place into pieces.

So what do u mean? JRW & LMS not suit with their character?

Archived