[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

@Prettysup your prediction came true. Dim Sum is sick so DCS took him to the vet and saw the lady at the hospital b4. :D

I know many of us made stories about it. But I think you were the one who mentioned it first.

Haha actually I got the idea from someone else mentioning this on another forum. Hopefully CS can find his own love! 

56 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha actually I got the idea from someone else mentioning this on another forum. Hopefully CS can find his own love! 

Hope to see more chil-sum too! They look adorable together :) didn’t catch live but was watching snippets on IG.

3 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I hate this.. What did poong do work?? Y does he have to apologize to her mom just coz she is his gf :crazy:.. I hope poong doesn't leave his hyung.. I never liked GJ n SJ, they r just soo mean!! 

Just watchted it raw and read the recap by dramamilk and I'm sorry, but I am really upset at SW's mom. Like what did Poong do wrong? I understand that he is strict working in the kitchen, but look he took in the whole family and gave them jobs, even though he was struggling to pay them. And they kept it a secret that they were a family and they are rich people. I honestly was very upset when all SJ wanted to do was go work at the hotel, cause of money. I understand she wanted to support SW's family and pay them back for helping take care of her. Literally SW's family were materialistic and rich and without the money, they didn't know how to live and even in the beginning, the father told her to choose the one who gave her the loan, because he's rich.

I'm really upset at her family and especially her mother for telling her to stay away from Poong, cause he's poor and running a low restaurant. I hope that Poong don't go back to the hotel or if he does go back, it's all because CS bought it out. 

Oh great - my blood is boiling right now - just thanks to the preview. They should appologize - the whole family lied all that time - and even was near to betray him - and now just because she is the mother - oh thats not good - I am so angry right now. I hate it so much.

I really hope she will stand up for her love - and this will not turn to become a stupid story where the nice kid will follow the elders order for too long... with stupid seperation part and all that - I don´t need it here. Gosh she is a grown up person ans she loves him - go for it. Just sad - that she didn´t tell him the truth - now it is to late - i would feel betrayed again -  extremly what he has gone through... damn i am so angry I wish to flip the wok!

SBS's 'Wok of Love' ratings for ep 27 & 28 maintained last week's results of 7.4% and 9.3% respectively, being the only non-cable station  that was airing a drama at the same time slot yesterday. Both MBC and KBS suspended the airing of dramas yesterday due to World Cup coverage. 

All 3 stations will normalise the airing of dramas tonight, so let's see how it goes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYb1kaeW3QhQKYrId30Ruwol_ep_11_0600.jpg?w=605&h=258images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSCVe7WpIwLwUeIjDFH4h          " You're my trophey...  To me...  You're a CHAMPION..."

If I had been one of those who couldn't understand why Jang Hyuk took this role.  Without a doubt after seeing episode 27 and the most priceless moment to me thus far I would have found my answer...

Seeing his mother walk in carrying that trophy that was larger than life and almost larger than herself.  I dare say was almost as tall.  A gum lady whose life to those passers by may have been thought of as homeless or hopeless.  I do have a habit of trying to find that part of a story that speaks to me within it.  Without a doubt I found it...

I remember when I first saw her and I felt kind of sorry for her more than once as I often do in reality when I see so many like her on the streets or with a piece of cardboard in their hands.  Still there tonight while watching her in that scene and the words that she spoke not only opened up my eyes but also my heart.  This poor woman who had so little carried that trophy around place to place for 35 years.

It not only meant something to her it was a story within itself and it showed her heart that may not be as young as it once was.  But no matter the age or hardships. 

No matter the broken and tired body that shelters it.

Or her heart that is still beating and remembering, carries within it memories and love.

Because of a promise... She endured and kept...

CS's expression and his tenderness that has been exceptional in this drama made me love this moment and it's value even more.

The idea that someone who abandoned her son whose imperfections and life set her apart from society might seem like a failure to those who only see what they want and not the rest of the story.  Which CS even after all that he had been put through had mercy and love and it's not just what he sees in his own Mother.  It's that need of kindness he sees in others as well like Poog & SW. His heart through his arms always reaching out and gangster or not he knows how to love...

Even more it was watching him with Dim Sum that sweet little kitten and thinking how believable he was in being worried and it's the way in which he even spoke to Dim Sum first telling it in so many words of his broken heart.  Later his focus turns quickly to Dim Sum realizing it hadn't eaten even checking it for a fever with his thumb.  I don't know whether that Vet will fall in love with him or not.  If she is as smart as she seems then there will be no doubt. 

She will...

It's not those glasses that make him cool:glasses: it's his nature that gentleness that is in everything he does:heart:.

8 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Just watchted it raw and read the recap by dramamilk and I'm sorry, but I am really upset at SW's mom. Like what did Poong do wrong? I understand that he is strict working in the kitchen, but look he took in the whole family and gave them jobs, even though he was struggling to pay them. And they kept it a secret that they were a family and they are rich people. I honestly was very upset when all SJ wanted to do was go work at the hotel, cause of money. I understand she wanted to support SW's family and pay them back for helping take care of her. Literally SW's family were materialistic and rich and without the money, they didn't know how to live and even in the beginning, the father told her to choose the one who gave her the loan, because he's rich.

I'm really upset at her family and especially her mother for telling her to stay away from Poong, cause he's poor and running a low restaurant. I hope that Poong don't go back to the hotel or if he does go back, it's all because CS bought it out. 

I don't want him to betray CS for this petty family.. I don't care abt him getting heartbroken in love etc.. I just want him to be with his hyung who cared for him n fought for his recipe book.. Let DSW gather up courage for her love too, she needs to tell her family abt her love.. She chose poong at first knowing everything, so she should be proud to introduce him too.. I just am hating the whole thing..  I just cherish the moments of poong n CS, only that's good.. Even though LJH n JRW r romantic, due to DSW's family I m hating it.. I hope chilpoong ship keeps sailing!! 

7 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Oh great - my blood is boiling right now - just thanks to the preview. They should appologize - the whole family lied all that time - and even was near to betray him - and now just because she is the mother - oh thats not good - I am so angry right now. I hate it so much.

I really hope she will stand up for her love - and this will not turn to become a stupid story where the nice kid will follow the elders order for too long... with stupid seperation part and all that - I don´t need it here. Gosh she is a grown up person ans she loves him - go for it. Just sad - that she didn´t tell him the truth - now it is to late - i would feel betrayed again -  extremly what he has gone through... damn i am so angry I wish to flip the wok!

Agreed!! I wanted to flip everything on the damn materialistic family.. I m just soo angry.. Y r they soo ungrateful ppl.. When they didn't have money he provided them with job n now they r backstabbing him!! What a great family!! If DSW doesn't speak up anymore, then I m gonna lose my temper badly,  I will not wish DSW n poong together.. 

The Ultimate Foodie’s Guide For “Wok Of Love”

While everyone is squealing — and arguing — over love lines in K-dramas, you’re usually obsessed with all the food scenes instead. “Wok of Love” is a quirky, outrageous romantic comedy that features plenty of eating and cooking scenes along with a love triangle, a talkative horse named Buster, and eccentric former gangsters. Seo Poong (2PM’s Junho), a former star chef at a grand hotel, teams up with Doo Chil Sung (Jang Hyuk), a former loan shark gangster and owner of a small Chinese restaurant, in order to seek revenge on the hotel owner and head chef. In between teaching former gangsters how to cook and falling in love with Dan Sae Woo (Jung Ryeo Won), Poong cooks up mouthwatering Chinese stir-fry dishes, noodle soups, and dim sum.

Read full article here https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/02/ultimate-foodies-guide-wok-love/

Wok-of-Love-ep1-pig-custard-buns.jpg

Hong-Kong-styled-wonton-noodle-soup-tast

Lo-Mai-Gai-3.jpg

Annyeong everyone :)

I'm starting to enjoy and like Wok of Love lots now. And this drama made me realized that Jang Hyuk's eyes are brown. Maybe there were lots of close ups on Jang Hyuk's face. I didn't even remember his eyes are brown from Fated to Love You. I adore that drama to bits.

Anyway my main reason to watch this drama is because of Jun Ho and Jang Hyuk. Ok I'm going now to finish off Ep28.

3 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I don't want him to betray CS for this petty family.. I don't care abt him getting heartbroken in love etc.. I just want him to be with his hyung who cared for him n fought for his recipe book.. Let DSW gather up courage for her love too, she needs to tell her family abt her love.. She chose poong at first knowing everything, so she should be proud to introduce him too.. I just am hating the whole thing..  I just cherish the moments of poong n CS, only that's good.. Even though LJH n JRW r romantic, due to DSW's family I m hating it.. I hope chilpoong ship keeps sailing!! 

Agreed!! I wanted to flip everything on the damn materialistic family.. I m just soo angry.. Y r they soo ungrateful ppl.. When they didn't have money he provided them with job n now they r backstabbing him!! What a great family!! If DSW doesn't speak up anymore, then I m gonna lose my temper badly,  I will not wish DSW n poong together.. 

Couldn't agree more with you.

DSW's family is just horrible, they are blinded by money and it's everything to them. Especially to her mother, like how she said "I will introduce you to someone rich and good," also the whole "I married your father because he was rich." That just said it that she was after his money and she lived happily with all the money and she wants the same for her daughter, that's why she married her to the ex-husband in the first place. 

I really hope that even though Poong loves DSW, he will NOT betray DCS, too. DCS took in Poong at his worst and gave Poong everything and taught him that revenge isn't going to do you any good. DCS had a lot of faith in Poong to turn their little Chinese restaurant into something good. If only Poong knows, DCS has sacrifice a lot for him and he has consider Poong as one of his dongsaeng just like the rest of the kkangpae minion.

All I think of now is "Poong, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't betray Chil Sung!"

Archived