[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

2 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I just find it funny there is a shirtless scene in each episode. If it continues tonight then I will ask is it the webtoon? Or the PD making PSJ do it.

It's not in the webtoon; it's probably the PD's idea. Long may it continue!

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

Hello Chingus!

I work long hours so I don't get to watch my dramas till late after work :bawling:....but on the plus side, the subs are usually done so I get to watch and thoroughly enjoy it :heart:!!!

Anyways, I have not seen or read any of the webtoon\novel so all I have to work off of is the drama itself. Which has been very nuanced actually. Kudos to the director for putting in all of those little moments!

So I liked how they are slowly revealing LJY's tramatic past, which I find explains alot of his "Narcissism" which I feel is a defense tactic he has developed to help him hide his fears and trauma. The reason I think so is that he is rather similar to my grandfather who had lived through WWII in Germany as a child. He never spoke about what happened to him in the War except on very rare occasions, but what he did tell us was utterly horrifying and awful. The whole experience was so traumatizing for him that when he immigrated to the US right after the war he refused to go back and even visit Germany for over 40 years because he was completely convinced that the Nazis were going to kill him... and he wasn't even Jewish. But with such traumatizing experienced, if you had met him, you would have had no idea that he had gone through such hard experiences. Like LJY he was overly boastful about his talents and capabilities, very insistent, defensive and picky, but also... if you brought up anything that came close to touching a subject that he felt was too close to a wound, he would draw your attention away by distracting you with a boast, an argument or joke (unlike LJY, my grandfather tended to be over jolly at times).... somewhat similar to what LJY does at the end of episode to keep KMS from thinking too much about his scars. 

But I think it is good that KMS is seeing more of LJY's hidden side. While she has seen some of it while working for him (how could she not, working that long...plus she knew about the zip ties), but I believe that non of it has truly registered with her till now. Notice that after the incident with the zip tie, she begins to think that perhaps he really does need her. And hearing some stories of his hard childhood and now seeing his scars is I think opening her eyes to look beyond his attitude to the actual man beneath.

Plus I feel that LJY has potential to become the man that KMS needs. Which I think was highlighted by how after KMS told him he was suppose to give his coat to her...despite making a bit of a fuss about it, he gave his coat to her willingly. Also, we need to keep in mind that he supposedly hasn't dated anyone at all... so essentially, the man is a total dating and relationship noobie! :tongue:

Ok, I wrote way more than I planned!

Anyways, looking forward to the next episode!!! 

• Like 11
  • Sad 3

Everything started because of his older brother’s jealousy. He was jealous because he wasn’t genius and capable like YJ and in his head he probably thought their parents loved YJ more. Because of that sickening jealousy YJ has been living in hell since their childhood. 

Poor YJ, no wonder he told MS she and his hyung are the only people who shouldn’t ask him to be considerate. What he had to endure so that both his hyung and MS can live like they live now...

@guinearoyal Thanks for sharing your grandpa’s story with us. Just reading it makes my heart break for him. I live in Europe and WWII has still been a very sensitive topic here. To us it’s unimaginable what people must have been through.

And this is what person’s mind do - it tries to cope with a trauma however it can. Either by twisting or blocking memories or developing some defense mechanism.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

Secretary Kim is binded to the blockbuster date and his “Secret Garden” House and Library! Haha didn’t anyone noticed that. 

hehehehe

She totally is under the blockbuster curse. She keeps thinking about him throughout her blind date. Lol! :lol::lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

This drama is so interesting to watch from the start, the chemistry between the leads is no joke too.

Not sure if anyone share this from the comic before:

Spoiler

While I am trying to search the comic, I came across ch.188 which is the first bed scene of Kim and Lee, OMGGGG, so hot. Lee asking Kim what he should do so that they won't have regrets for first time....omo!!!  Lee said its a shame they were not together like this for the past 9 years......hm....I don't think the drama will show this, but I reckon its sooo sweeeet of them.

• Like 11
  • LOL 6

More still cuts for tonight.. squee! Anything that puts their faces together makes me squee, hehehe.. plus webtoon knowledge not withstanding, wound-tending scenes tend to be quite romance-building. Liking the pace! 

1 hour ago, princessfiana said:

This drama is so interesting to watch from the start, the chemistry between the leads is no joke too.

Reveal hidden contents

While I am trying to search the comic, I came across ch.188 which is the first bed scene of Kim and Lee, OMGGGG, so hot. Lee asking Kim what he should do so that they won't have regrets for first time....omo!!!  Lee said its a shame they were not together like this for the past 9 years......hm....I don't think the drama will show this, but I reckon its sooo sweeeet of them.

Spoiler

Its TvN, so hopefully more leeway, hehehe. But probably not of that magnitude..but the dialogue is really sweet so here’s hoping it still gets put in! 

In general I agree about them behaving like a couple already with the twisted ankle scene with all his staff watching, haha. Just a matter of these two realizing it themselves..

• Like 13

Hello everybody, new person here. :) I've read this forum from shadows for half a year now and decided to finally register as a member. I have my doubts because my english isn't very good but this drama is so exciting that I can't keep all the feels and thoughts to myself anymore. After the first two episodes I was already all in but then came the little bits of information about manhwa here on forum and I'm even more excited for the next episodes. 
I need to say that what happend in 3 episode shows all of us that LYJ and KMS aren't that different. They think that they know each other and can read people around them well but that is not the case. She is so sure that she knows him well but she had no idea about his scars or difficult childhood or even about his brother. And I think all that knowledge and being close to him make her feel like she's better and more succesful so she is a little arrogant too. They both are ambitious and like perfection (the scene when she is adjusting the tie of that reporter and it's not even her work and it's not LYJ's tie either). LYJ can think that he knows some things about KMS but she's rarely her really true self around him (or at least she wasn't till now). She fakes a lot of smiles and always makes things easier for him even if it makes life difficult for her. And he hides a lot of secrets and his sensitivity. They might be a great team professionally but personally they both in diapers. The good thing is that slowly they will make improvements in their reliationship and I can see first changes already. 

Few things from 3 episodes that I really liked and make me laugh hard:
- the way LYJ looks at her during fireworks and agree with her that they are pretty but he doesn't watch them at all, his eyes are on her all the time :wub:
- him being so pleased with himself in the car after the date (I just can't hold it against him, it's too adorable) :D
- product placement with half naked LYJ is a product placement done well (and it's his third time in 3 episodes, give me more of that, pretty please) 
- his blockbuster date theory (but it works well for him)
- I love that he is so jealous and has no idea about that at the same time :mrgreen:
- him banning the sport competition from company (it reminds me of Feng Teng from 'Boss and Me' and him banning romantic relationships from work)
- we can see that he is caring, protective and considerate just not for long for now at least
- KMS almost strangling a guy with his tie 
- PYS is a best wingman ever (please LYJ keep him close and take his advices seriously from time to time) 
- KMS scolding LYJ for hurting his ankle (they acting like a married couple here)
- KMS realising that her boss might really need her and his quirks are not just a thing of spoiled rich boy
- please make LYJ's brother a big douchebag because I don't want to have a second lead syndrome (that actor is really and I mean really hot in this drama)

PSJ and PMY have a really great chemistry here. It's very sexual and I'm glad that this is a cable channel so maybe we can have some interesting scenes down the road.

The sound effects are hilarious (especially that lion roar). I know that for some people it can be an overkill but it's so funny and make the comedic effect even better.  

The new secretary and Se-ra are annoying. 

I want to say thank you to all of you who partcipate in this thread, thank you for all photos, information, screen caps, translations and all the things we wouldn't have an access to if it wasn't for your passion and hard work. Thank you. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, attriste said:

More still cuts for tonight.. squee! Anything that puts their faces together makes me squee, hehehe.. plus webtoon knowledge not withstanding, wound-tending scenes tend to be quite romance-building. Liking the pace! 

Reveal hidden contents

Its TvN, so hopefully more leeway, hehehe. But probably not of that magnitude..but the dialogue is really sweet so here’s hoping it still gets put in! 

In general I agree about them behaving like a couple already with the twisted ankle scene with all his staff watching, haha. Just a matter of these two realizing it themselves..

kyaa i need the manhwa even if it is in korean or chinese... can you pm me? i am so curious about ending and kinda worried that they are gonna be siblings... my heart wont take it if they are :(

Edited by triplem
Pls do not quote images ( pics,YT, IG , Twitter) . Remove before posting
  • Like 5

I must say my favorite episode till now is the third. So I'm anticipating today's episode a lot. I can't wait for the VC to realize that what he's doing is not only because he wants her to keep working for him but because he likes her a lot.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu's , I don't trust the new secretary, i am getting a bad vibe from her. She smiles too much and get so many mysterious calls. I think she is the type to pretend to be nice and we so someone else can do the work for her. smh smh smh 

I also have the same thoughts. But for me, maybe because I watch so many dramas and/or I have seen this kind of character in my real professional life. LOL

11 hours ago, Ondine said:

Very nice recaps and commentary imo from Audrey's K-Drama Blog:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Done reading. Very well commentary. Please, continue for the rest of the episodes. Thank you.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, princessfiana said:

Hide contents

Really looking forward to see all the kisses and bed scenes like in the webtoon. We may see more of them in the drama. *winking* I think the bed scenes in the webtoon was kind of censored. Don't you think?

• Like 5