[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

larus

2 hours ago, galaxy97 said:

her husband was an editor and I believe he went there to visit someone and get some info as a part of his work and I remember his boss said to bring that tart along with him (I dunno the reason but probably just to please the person he's going to visit so that he can get the info he want). And that building is called meta palace, an apartment. Apparently, the person her husband is going to meet live in that apartment.

Thanks for the info. I went back to watch that part and indeed missed that little bit of conversation with his boss. It's to visit a writer and push for faster completion of his/her work.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hi all!! Allow me to join the camp here... :D

Just finished watching the episodes this week. Really enjoyed it so far. No boring moment... I love how fast paced these episodes are. I was initially wondering will there be any romance between the leads since the female is married... didn't expect the husband to be killed off just like that. I felt bad for her and the kids, yet still looking forward to development of romance between our leads too.

I love the effectiveness of neighborhood ahjummas in finding the kids whereabouts when taken by the guy in black. Neighbors unite! :lol: And the kids are so cute... I really like the little girl. She is younger than the boy since she refers to him as oppa? but so much taller, haha...

What's with GAR's boss? Is he the ultimate villain here? but why the scenes with him are mostly comedic too... I just hope the tone will be consistent till the end. So far the mix of humor and suspense has been good.

Also, I wonder where was her husband going with the fruit pies (?) when he parked and witnessed the murder? What building the murdered official was coming from? I have this suspicion because AR said that the fruit pies aren't something that the husband would buy...

Remember he wanted to meet the writer in order to get the book published very soon. So he went to the place where the writer was living and he had bought the fruits tarts in order to please the writer. But then he witnessed the murder and drove back to his place.

@triplem I don't understand the complains. The story and as such the characters introduction were good. A very good balance between the humor and the action.

By the way, I suspect that SWC might have stayed in touch with Terius (see the preview) but no one knows about this because he definitely knows that the mole is someone else. This would explain why Terius could live off the grid for 3 years. 

hoping to find time to watch this.... in the meanwhile,  why is this called terius? (My phone auto corrects to tedious! :d hahahaha.... I kept thinking that this drama is called tetris like that brick game? Does so Ji sub fall under bricks? Fix bricks? 

Just now, triplem said:

I think there were a couple of naysayers from the naver comments but I think they were the minority . This is one of the few dramas this year that immediately had a good start for me . 

ThAt’s a good point . SWC’s character description states him as the 

Head of the NIS who values patriotism, loyalty and camaraderie.

so I wonder if he is in some way protecting the KB. He seemed reticent when the ladies asked him to launch the operation to catch Terius . 

I think, he does... but not directly because if so, Terius' whereabouts could be discovered.

It seems that GAR's boss will try to have her hurt in order to catch Terius. I doubt that he will discover that Terius is working as a babysitter. 

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

hoping to find time to watch this.... in the meanwhile,  why is this called terius? (My phone auto corrects to tedious! :d hahahaha.... I kept thinking that this drama is called tetris like that brick game? Does so Ji sub fall under bricks? Fix bricks? 

I was curious about the name, too, so I did some searching around.  Not a lot of Terius out there.  But I did find a singer named Terius Nash, also known as The Dream.  Maybe that was the inspiration for the name somehow?

I'll put a link to one of his songs in spoiler tag.  I liked this one but it does have some foul language that may offend.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

The producers of the drama are having fun with the name Terius.  According to what I read in an article, Terius is the name of a character in the Japanese manga Candy Candy. He is the love of the main female character, Candy.  They also make fun by naming the secret operation Operation: Candy in the drama.

22 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

The producers of the drama are having fun with the name Terius.  According to what I read in an article, Terius is the name of a character in the Japanese manga Candy Candy. He is the love of the main female character, Candy.  They also make fun by naming the secret operation Operation: Candy in the drama.

Thanks for that.  I hunted it up and read the synopsis.  Terry's love with Candy is.....

Spoiler
Spoiler

doomed and she sacrifices her own happiness so that he can be with a former love who is disabled.

Unfortunately my first thought when I heard the word candy was that nasty jelly bean that he ate!  :lol:

Spoiler

doomed and she sacrifices her own happiness so that he can be with a former love who is disabled.

@thistle damn, if this gonna follow that manga then...

Spoiler

There might be a possibility that his first love still alive and she might come back at the end making aerin to give up on Kim bon so that Kim bon can be with his former love? TT I hope it won't be like that

Btw, I just rewatched the last ep again and ive some confusion. I mean why that killer aries did not get his hand first on that apartment CCTV? I don't think he is dumb enough to forget such a crucial thing like that right? He even get rid of that dashboard cam and the CCTV at meta palace so why he did not get rid that apartment one as well? Anyone have any clue on this?

7 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:
  Hide contents

doomed and she sacrifices her own happiness so that he can be with a former love who is disabled.

@thistle damn, if this gonna follow that manga then...

Hide contents

There might be a possibility that his first love still alive and she might come back at the end making aerin to give up on Kim bon so that Kim bon can be with his former love? TT I hope it won't be like that

Btw, I just rewatched the last ep again and ive some confusion. I mean why that killer aries did not get his hand first on that apartment CCTV? I don't think he is dumb enough to forget such a crucial thing like that right? He even get rid of that dashboard cam and the CCTV at meta palace so why he did not get rid that apartment one as well? Anyone have any clue on this?

Yes!  That was exactly what I wondered.  The casting on his first love looked great, so it seems like they wouldn't waste the role on a couple of quick throwaway scene.  They're bound to bring in the backstory quite a bit; she's unlikely to be really dead.  Is it just me or did the first love resemble our FL just a little?

And I also wondered how Aries messed that up.  But the kill scenes for him were (pun intended) overkill.  A real professional would have done the job much more quickly and without leaving any traces.  That injector he used must have left a needle hole.

@galaxy97 Yes, he was careless. Since MSS's death was more important, he prioritized the CCTV in the meta palace and everything concerning MSS. But I guess, he thought, they would never suspect that GAR's husband had been killed. He was discovered soon after his death... Notice that since he had heart problems and even his wife ordered an autopsy, it lasted weeks before they were decided to look at the CCTV for a different reason. 

24 minutes ago, thistle said:

Yes!  That was exactly what I wondered.  The casting on his first love looked great, so it seems like they wouldn't waste the role on a couple of quick throwaway scene.  They're bound to bring in the backstory quite a bit; she's unlikely to be really dead.  Is it just me or did the first love resemble our FL just a little?

Spoiler

Yes furthermore I think that aries have some sort of feeling with bon's first love. Remember that music scene where he secretly spying on bon's first love 3 years ago. The expression on his face while listening to that music (3 years ago) is like someone who have a feeling towards that girl. So I believe he dont have any gut to really kill someone he love. He might be the one who kept her from Kim bon all these while.

14 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes furthermore I think that aries have some sort of feeling with bon's first love. Remember that music scene where he secretly spying on bon's first love 3 years ago. The expression on his face while listening to that music (3 years ago) is like someone who have a feeling towards that girl. So I believe he dont have any gut to really kill someone he love. He might be the one who kept her from Kim bon all these while.

Spoiler
Spoiler

I think that Aries is devious and dangerous and full of secrets.  It makes sense that he could be hiding the First Love just because he was jealous of her relationship with Terius.  But that make me wonder if the writers are gonna use that tired old drama trope Amnesia with her.  I hope not; I'd rather she was Aries prisoner in need of rescuing, even if that does mess up Terius' relationship with the female lead.  AR?  I haven't gotten all the names figured out yet.

We have lots to look forward to with this drama, and I'm happy about that!

@thistle

Spoiler

actually I just want his first love to die lol. I mean her reappearance will only complicates things and I'm absolutely not onto that. I love the OTP pairing so far so I don't think I can handle it if they did not end up with e/o. and one more thing if the drama will follow the manga, they should at least  mentioned that from the beginning right? I mean if the drama gonna be a remake from a manga, won't they at least have to give a credit to the manga writer? But again the manga sypnosis really fit the situation the drama are in right now *sigh*. His former love is disabled (if based on manga), it could be the reason why his first love is hiding herself from Kim bon bc she don't want to trouble bon with his disability thingy.

p/s: I just remember that cartoon drawing of candy and terrius on one of their promotional video. Does that cartoon drawing is the reference to the manga or is it just a normal drawing of Kim bon and aerin? If it is a reference to the manga then the possibility of them following the manga is high

As much as I feel bad for the husband dying... I wasn't too thrilled with their marriage. I never got the impression that they were a team or even loved each other. In fact, we never got a scene where the husband interacted with the kids at all. It was like they lived in two whole different spheres. 

Also, has the mom told the kids their father has died? Cause I have not seen any grief or sadness from them over the matter. And they only mentioned once that they missed their dad... did he not have a relationship with his kids?

Plus, it really got to me when he started yelling at her about the bakery purchase. He didn't even ask her what it is about and just started ripping into her calling her a big spender and such. If she was known to be such a frugal person, you would think that the husband would be more concerned about finding out why she had made such a big out of character expenditure. In fact, I don't think he ever found out what had happened at the bakery. And he never actually apologized to her, he just gave her money to get something... I don't know about you, but that is not an apology in my book. He just came across as sexist, a bit chauvinistic and selfish. What husband down grades your intelligence like he did? It seems like she is very smart and tech savvy...which may come into play later.

Yes, it looks like a typical marriage in someways...but to me, that did not look like a happy marriage in any way as I really didn't see much positive interaction between the two. 

As such, despite his unconventional methods with the kids, I think KB is much better for the family. First, he made a mistake, but he explained himself and apologized!! Next, he could have easily gotten angry with her about her antics in bumping into him and that nosebleed, but he didn't even raise his voice at her. He is extremely patient with the kids. And seems to appreciate the small things they all do. 

Yes he is a dangerous spy machine, but he seems to have a very gentle soul...plus he has been it appears very isolated and lonely for a while. So I think they will be a good match as he will provide order and stability, and she will bring life and warmth to him. 

Anyway, sorry for the rambling.

Just done watching all 4 eps on my cable. I got "The Phantom" 's feeling back. But infused with cute comedic scenes. 

I feel bad for shipping AeRin with Terrius from their first encounter in front of their apartment's door. Because AeRin's status as a wife. But then her beloved husband died after a big quarrel the night before, without any chance to speak to each other. And then he becomes the babysitter of the twins, so I have high expectation the romance between them will possibly happen.

(But in reality, a widow from a died husband can't forget her husband easily.)

I have a feeling there will be a "crush triangle" — if Love Triangle is too much, between KimBon - AeRin - JinYoungTae. Or may be Crush Square (^^) I'm thinking about the Aries. This thought came from my understanding from the three men. All of them lack of "sincere love and care" from someone. And AeRin's ultimate super power is "Mom's love", she can conquered them with beautiful and tasty mealbox and with her multitasking ability. 

The misunderstanding keeps happening and that's make me learned how men and women think differently. 

4 hours ago, galaxy97 said:

@thistle

Reveal hidden contents

actually I just want his first love to die lol. I mean her reappearance will only complicates things and I'm absolutely not onto that. I love the OTP pairing so far so I don't think I can handle it if they did not end up with e/o. and one more thing if the drama will follow the manga, they should at least  mentioned that from the beginning right? I mean if the drama gonna be a remake from a manga, won't they at least have to give a credit to the manga writer? But again the manga sypnosis really fit the situation the drama are in right now *sigh*. His former love is disabled (if based on manga), it could be the reason why his first love is hiding herself from Kim bon bc she don't want to trouble bon with his disability thingy.

p/s: I just remember that cartoon drawing of candy and terrius on one of their promotional video. Does that cartoon drawing is the reference to the manga or is it just a normal drawing of Kim bon and aerin? If it is a reference to the manga then the possibility of them following the manga is high

@galaxy97 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I agree with you.....but I'd bet they might follow the manga storyline because it's one that is tried and true.  For the past few hundred years, romance novels have been full of self-sacrificing nobility.  It's an annoying trope in a lot of ways but it has worked.....and it still works when it is done right.  

If I had to guess right now:  If the Female Lead finds out that the First Love is alive, she is gonna back off and say that she has enough happiness with her kids or something like that.  And she is even more likely to do so if the First Love is disabled.  Then the First Love is gonna do her bit to back away, too, and the Male Lead will be out there not knowing which to choose!  It's almost funny. 

I really hope it does not happen like that but, dramas being what they are, it surely could.

The great thing would be for the First Love to fall for Aries and rescue his sorry self from killing people, even though it will probably kill both of them in the process.

Just binged the first four episodes and the verdict is in.

I AM LOVING IT!

SJS always been one of my favs :wub: and JIS after Waikiki :D and the kids just add the icing on the already gorgeous cake!! Definitely sensing a love triangle sometime in the future within KB, AR and YT. The guys will obviously fall for her first, girl's got too much on her plate for now and she just lost her husband. But I don't know what to feel about some of the spoilers that I read...

Spoiler

...KB's ex gf comes back and Ae Rin lets him go?

not sure if they will follow that storyline but I'm rooting to see KB dive into his new role as a babysitter and maybe the...new father?? :w00t:

Finished all the episodes! I actually said thank you Kakao talk! you know the scene when they were looking for the the kids.:lol:

Last time I enjoyed fun  action drama was 38 Task Force. I like this. It's like I'm watching a movie. I like all the characters....So Hon Jun tho.. got all  my laughs from his scenes. terrific actor. and wow So Ji Sub as Bon...Kim Bon!  code name Terius.  Man of few words.. like monosyllabic opposite Yong Tae.. narcissistic bossy nonchalant babble. I also like the agent with the short hair. I'm not familiar with female actors here I like the lead.  Had Lee Yoo Young accepted the female lead.. I'd see more of the age gap in a way.

I like all the males here  the young IT expert. RDW. the boss narc JYT, the dad KSR. There was meta... haha.  in the playground.. "oh he's like Hyun Bin,  no more So Ji Sub." had me LOL. The he put the shades. My eyes  flashing hearts.  I also like that we get dad KSR as part of the group pf parents..cos usually it's all just females.  KB is smart so he'll figure out already watcht's going on. The gist of the dramat is protecting AR and kids.. and KB will have some feelings for her. He's lonely man. On the move, trying to uncover things.. trying to prevent things. Feelings will surface and .. we might see triangle between 3 main leads. .

On 7/8/2018 at 12:47 PM, RobinM said:

Has anyone ever heard of Scarecrow and Mrs King? It was an 80’s American Series about the Adventures of A Sauve Secret agent and a divorced Houswife. Really cheesy and fun. This drama reminded me of that show right away.

Terius definitely has a vibe similar to the Scarecrow and Mrs. King, especially when Kim Bon babysits the kids.  Really enjoying the first few episodes of this series.

12 hours ago, galaxy97 said:

The difference between the first and the second kills was that the first was a fully planned out assassination, while the second was an act of fear so that there would be no witness to the first kill.  The first had the benefit of a lot of thought and contingencies.  The second was on the fly and completely improvised.  In those types of situations, there are bound to be mistakes due to lack of time and access.  More importantly, this is the perfect plot complication that allows Kim Bon the opportunity to get more involved in the life of Go Ae Rin. 

Archived