[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

@sleepydee22, I think Ethan as a partner in Raba's next drama can prove to be a pretty strong motivator for Vengo :joy:

I think the problem might be Vengo skin tone is too white in the drama. It doesn't help his not so obvious abs.  If he is not that white, he can't be DH right? :joy:  Can't have a white face n peach skin tone body. 

Vengo should work on his abs.

Hmmm ... I can see he has arm muscles but how come abs are missing?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Damn, we need to raise some 'Vengo gym membership' money :D

And maybe some food vouchers!! Vengao is not a small guy but without all the clothes, he's super skinny :(

Dijun needs to eat so he can protect the 4 seas and 8 realms..

Even YQT is a bit more buff than he is....

@FloraImmortal I hope it's next week!!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, MK916 said:

I’ve always been an avid reader and recently last year I’ve started watching Asian dramas. I’ve been creating/editing the English translation novels after watching the dramas (e.g. TMOPB, The Untamed, Joy of Life). I just add a table of content, hyperlink footnotes, glossary, grammatical editing. Considering each novel has multiple translators, they are not always consistent with names and titles.

Sorry, OT here:

I'm also an avid reader. Calibre is my best companion to manage, store  or edit my library, i always customize my epubs how i want 'em to be with calibre before transfer to my reader or phone. But boy oh boy, it's still a lot of works to edit the converted file, been there done that :lol: for pillow books i gave up halfway book1 and abandon my half-finished epub there. So your files is like an answer to my prayers. 

2 hours ago, linh5000 said:

From the book and the drama, besides being shameless..I love that DiJun knows what he wants and went after it.  I don't think the drama ever mentioned when he actually "fell"in love with FJ, but I can only speculate he liked her from very early on.  Unfortunately, we don't really get his perspective for his feelings, but you can feel that he be like, "She's interesting. I'm paying attention to her..Okay..I like her..lets bring home an empress for TaiChen Palace." 

Correct me if i'm wrong, I don't believe he ever questioned his feelings for her.  And this what makes DJ awesome.

This is one reasons why i think Vengo rocks being DH, even when the drama doesn't blatantly show when and how he falls for FJ, but his acting clearly showing the transition of his feeling. From interested, excited, touched and then boom he's a goner already. It's slow burn process for him, not love at first sight. 

Anyway love this scene, even  the mighty emperor needs to be pampered by his beloved... i'm soft :love:

cayHBfe.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I thought Vengo often go to gym? So I thought he shouldn't be that bad right? 

Maybe what he's potraying deity that often interpreat as beautiful and smooth? If he's too buff it will destroy the beautiful look of deity. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Lol..ikr..He was thin here..he was guite muscular in wrath of the tomb drama

Perhaps is was just the clothing. He never had muscles rlly, remember the great torture of carrying Raba in TMOPB :joy:

Besides, PB and Candle in the Tomb have been both filmed in 2018, I believe.

• LOL 2

17 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Perhaps is was just the clothing. He never had muscles rlly, remember the great torture of carrying Raba in TMOPB :joy:

2018....in one of his scenes in Wrath..i was impressed by his bare "delicious" back muscles.:D

37 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

Even YQT is a bit more buff than he is....

You are being too kind to DH :joy: 

Have you not seen those chest popping out on the that flat bed?  I mean YQT  didn't even have breast implants! :tounge_xd:

Then again YQT is a General protecting the emperor. He has got to have those damn abs. I mean man ... they don't even need to oil that chest (which they usually do on actors to make the abs look more obvious on screen.)

We have to excuse DH. He seriously doesn't need to pump n puff out his chest. He is almighty as he is. Ladies n men are falling all over for him and his attention. Blame on the powers he wield ...just a swirl with his hands and his powerful qigong  .... can defeat the whole army ... so does he still need to go to the gym? :joy:

Anyway  .. he only wants to bare his sexy chest to his girl. His girl is sure hard to chase and get. He should blame it on all those meddling people who feed FJ all the misguided info. And blame himself too ... he never clarify it clearly to FJ .... he needs work on his communication skill.:joy:

• LOL 4

26 minutes ago, Dao Tran said:
21 hours ago, darkphoenix123 said:

In aranya dream world, Fengjiu was in Anaya body but they both had the same hair style, why? They should have make arayana hamanother hair style.

Cause she is supposed to behave as if she is Aranya. She is going to act like Aranya so as not to make anyone suspicious 

6 minutes ago, Dao Tran said:

I’m looking forward next week episodes, especially episode 35. Fengjiu kissing dijun cause she think it a dream. They better show this scene or else I’m will riot.

Yeah I want to see the old rock virgin teaching FJ how to kiss properly as he is any expert himself LOLLLLL.  Wonder if it's going to be a French kiss? I'm getting ahead of myself. Huhuhu :lol:

• LOL 4

16 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Cause she is supposed to behave as if she is Aranya. She is going to act like Aranya so as not to make anyone suspicious 

Yes I understand that she have to act like aranya, but I’m talking about the hair style. They should have different hair style for aranya.

Hi all,

I'm a long term reader and first time commentator in this forum. (Please be gentle with me).

***Warning. Long post***

Firstly let me start by expressing my admiration for the book and now for the drama.

I admit, the first 10 episodes didn't entirely capture my attention much, but because I know the storyline from the book, I persevered with it, and surely, it's paying off. Dong/Feng chemistry is indeed captivating and entertaining to say the least. Loving it so much at the moment, and only want this series to get the recognition and credit that it deserves!!

I always thought that it's such a fantastical concept (in most Asian dramas), that the most weak, least mature, and sometimes not very attractive female leads end up with the most handsome, rich, powerful male leads. Very Cinderella stereotype, and so methodically predictable. But what I really enjoy with this drama is that it fleshes out the concept of love.

Truly, the purest expression of love is sacrificial love. Love that benefits the other can sometimes hurt you.

FJ showed this love to DH and I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back (so to speak) - in winning DH over.

Despite her flaws of being young, inexperienced, immature, insubordinate, stubborn, and downright spoilt, what FJ does very well is that when she loves, she goes all in and does not hold back.

When she started admiring DH, she focused her energy to study about him in school and excelled at only this subject; and in wanting to serve him, she even humbled herself to be his maid in order to serve him. And then, when she found out he was in danger, she even exchanged her fox coat for some power to help him, and stayed with him as his pet. She only left when she almost lost her life, and had a broken heart. But she didn’t stop there. She gave her shadow to serve him, and even broke his heart in the mortal arc so that DH can experience the trials and eventually regain his powers. She even fought a powerful banshee (MiaoLuo) with only her pithy 30k-ish year old cultivation. Over and over again, she doesn’t hesitate to give herself or put herself on the line so that DH can benefit from her protection and love – whether he knows it or not.

And I think that this character trait of FJ is what wins DH over. As they were lying next to each other and he stared at her at the end of episode 30 (my favourite scene thus far) seems to cement his devotion of her. Seems here on out, he is determined to make FJ his queen. Before, she was attractive, easy and fun to tease and prank. But now, he sees this side of her protective and sacrificial love he is hooked. Maybe because he was born from a rock and didn’t have parents (even though he was adopted by ZhiHe’s parents), he never truly experienced being loved before. And FJ revealed to him what it is like be loved, without strings attached.

ZhiHe and JiHeng may have deep love and affection for DH as well, but unlike FJ, their desire to be around him and serve him is so that they can get things from him. Their love is ultimately self-serving and selfish. ZH refuses to learn new skills and deliberately makes herself dependent on DH, thus making him weary. Additionally, JH is the same, just wants to be around DH and hang around him like a bad smell, but not doing anything that can share his burden. DH only allows them to hang around him because he is grateful for ZH parents for adopting him and JH's dad's loyal service to him.

What annoys me most about ZH and JH is that they think they alone deserve DH, without taking into consideration about what DH wants for himself. JH had her chance to marry him, but she chose her cross dressing friend and forfeited the appending marriage. The ship has long sailed and she’s still stuck in the past. ZH had the longest time to spend with DH, and despite her beauty (according to the book) and ability to dance gracefully, she still didn't capture any of DH's affections. These ladies need to learn that they just have to LET IT GO, and go take a hike!!

Anyways, there’s my 2 cents. Thanks for reading my post. Sorry that I’m so verbose.

Have a blessed week as we patiently wait for Thursday to arrive!!  

• Like 13
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

He filmed candle in the tomb first then PB. I always thought he is so skinny in PB. Sometimes he looks so gaunt in some scenes. If you compare it to TMOPB you can see his face was fuller there.