[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Title Of Jung Hae In And Son Ye Jin’s Drama Revealed To Be Inspired By Song-Song Couple

Jung-Hae-In-Son-Ye-Jin-Song-Joong-Ki-Song-Hye-Kyo-XPN.jpg

The idea for the title of JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” (literal translation) was actually sparked by Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo!

During the drama’s press conference held on March 28, producing director (PD) Ahn Pan Seok explained how he came up with the title “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.”

He revealed, “I was surfing the Internet one day when I came across the phrase ‘noona who buys me food.’ It was from an interview about a very famous star couple that got married after using that phrase. I thought it was really witty.”

It turns out this phrase was actually said by Song Hye Kyo. During an interview that took place before her engagement to Song Joong Ki, the actress remarked, “To Song Joong Ki and Yoo Ah In, I’m a good noona who buys them food.”

PD-Son-Ye-Jin-Jung-Hae-In-XPN.jpg

At the press conference, Son Ye Jin was asked whether she is actually a pretty noona who buys food for Jung Hae In, to which she replied, “I tried to buy him food several times, but he kept paying first.”

“It’s because I’m planning on asking her to buy me more expensive meat,” Jung Hae In joked.

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” will premiere on March 30.

Source (1) (2) (3)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

CR: SOOMPI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more Press Conference pictures :wub:

Spoiler

DZWlcZFWAAIQeAf.jpg

DZWlfBtXkAQ9hXq.jpg

DZWlfe4WsAAXlSz.jpg

DZWli5ZWAAI4MV1.jpg

Credit as tagged

Spoiler

DZWlku6WkAIcQ5U.jpg

DZWllJ_X4AMHvaB.jpg

DZWllggX0AEiTqe.jpg

DZWlm1tW4AA-dLV.jpg

DZW3yGwXUAIZVwt.jpg

DZW3yGqWsAEmyeO.jpg

Credit as tagged

Spoiler

DZWmHx4XkAAQkCs.jpg

DZWmIiiXkAEkXmC.jpg

DZWmIwTX4AIy-UN.jpg

DZWmJB0W4AA8GNq.jpg

Credit as tagged

Spoiler

DZWzUVVX4AAJF8Z.jpg

DZWzUdTX0AAlYPL.jpg

DZW09FUW0AElF2c.jpg

DZW09FUX0AAPBG_.jpg

DZW09FUW0AA9kX8.jpg

DZW09FTW0AA7hw-.jpg

Credit as tagged

3 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

4 Mins Preview

Spoiler

I was waiting for a video with different scenes but they are showed us a long scene in a drama. It's Ok, but I'd prefer the other.

In the press conference, were only Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin as actors, itsn't it? For me, they are the main reason to watch the drama (I hope It's good) but we know very little about the other characters.

Edit:

Press conference video

more pics I saw from twitter :wub:

DZXtzCIWkAEUdFJ.jpg

DZXtzB_XUAAgtkd.jpg

DZXtzB9W0AAEo1C.jpg

CTTO

ahhhhhhh, love this pics! the way they look & smile at each other :wub::wub::wub::wub:

They really give off a SongSong Couple vibes :wub::wub::wub: 

@stroppyse :D

Spoiler

chingu, you're one of the shipper thread mods right? :D Please tag me if there's a shipper thread of these two, I'll try to lurk there. lol. Thank you in advance :D

and I just noticed that there's a new title somehow?? Something in the Rain? Is it true? :)

Jung Hae In says he was too shy to speak to 'Something in the Rain' co-star Son Ye Jin

son-ye-jin,jung-hae-in

Actor Jung Hae In said he was too shy to speak to his 'Something in the Rain' co-star Son Ye Jin.

At the press conference for 'Something in the Rain' on March 28, Jung Hae In opened up about his first impression of Son Ye Jin, saying, "She was so beautiful I couldn't look at her at first. There's a scene at a snack cart, and it was the first scene we have skinship. I couldn't look her in the eyes. I was so nervous. She's so beautiful. The way she laughs is pretty, and I think she has a way of putting people in a good mood with her energy."

As for whether he could ever date her in real life, the actor expressed, "It's my first romantic project, and it's like a dream that Son Ye Jin is playing opposite me in my first romantic drama."

JTBC's 'Something in the Rain' ('Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food') premieres on March 30 at 11PM KST.

CR: ALLKPOP

===============================================================

saw this on twitter :wub:

DZYNBrrU8AA4S5R.jpg

CTTO

THEY'RE SO CUTE!! love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512 OMG! I think I'm gonna ship them for real!!! HELP wait-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862524

4 hours ago, Jloves said:

and I just noticed that there's a new title somehow?? Something in the Rain? Is it true? :)

Yes. Prety Noona who buys me food is the literal title but English title is Something in the Rain. I'm not sure who decided that (producers, tv channel...), but I prefer the literal one. In my opinion, 'Pretty Noona who buys me food' is more original and suitable and 'Something in the Rain' is a title you can use in a random drama, movie, book...

2 hours ago, Jloves said:

THEY'RE SO CUTE!! love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512 OMG! I think I'm gonna ship them for real!!! HELP wait-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862524

I completely understand you. They are so adorable! :wub:

20 minutes ago, dulcinea1 said:

Yes. Pretty Noona who buys me food is the literal title but English title is Something in the Rain. I'm not sure who decided that (producers, tv channel...), but I prefer the literal one. In my opinion, 'Pretty Noona who buys me food' is more original and suitable and 'Something in the Rain' is a title you can use in a random drama, movie, book...

I completely understand you. They are so adorable! :wub:

Thank you for the info chingu :D & I agree with you, "Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food" is better & more original & according to chingu @stroppyse they came up an alternative English title probably because "Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food" is such a long title with a foreign word "noona" in it for the overseas market. (I just copy pasted what you said chingu @stroppyse :w00t: Mianhe :sweatingbullets:) Even though they have the English title now, I'll stick with "Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food" 'cos it's witty..lol

Hahahaha! Cheers chingu!! :wub::wub::wub:

Hello everyone. The press conference pics of them together were so good and dreamy, they are giving me a wedding pics vibes. The over flowing chemistry is so undeniable. I really hope JHI character is more mature and more agressive in certain aspect of their relationship you guys know what i mean, than SYJ. He’s younger but, more experience, so he would be the teacher and she would be the student. Hahahaha. I wish to see more mature thingy thing of relationship.

Son Ye Jin And Jung Hae In Talk About First Impressions Of Each Other And Hopes For Their Drama 

Son-Ye-Jin-Jung-Hae-In12.jpg

Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In talked about their upcoming JTBC drama “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” (literal title).

On March 28, the leads introduced their drama to viewers in an interview on Naver’s V Live.

Jung Hae In began, “It’s a story about a woman and a man who knew each other for a long time. To this man, love isn’t a special occasion, but a feeling that slowly grows. It’s my first time being a lead in a drama, so it feels like a dream.”

Son Ye Jin added, “There are steps in dating. The nervousness before confessing, the exhilarating joy after confirming each other’s feelings, the short moment of falling in love, the obstacles that appear as time passes… Our drama is the same way. It has the entire, difficult process of preserving love. I think you’ll relate to it because it’s realistic.”

She continued, “Jung Hae In is an actor who I can empathize with just by looking at him. Our drama has no rehearsals. One shoot, one cut.”

The actress then talked about a scene where she appears drunk. She admitted, “I usually get drunk after a can of beer. I acted while I was actually drunk. Right before filming, I drank a can of beer through a straw. Even if my liver suffers, I wanted it to look real.”

Son-Ye-Jin-Jung-Hae-In3.jpg

Jung Hae In spoke about his first impression of his co-star. He revealed, “She was a goddess. I was so nervous that it was difficult to look at her for a long time.” Son Ye Jin also shared her first impression of him and said, “I thought he looked a lot better in real life. His skin is really nice too.”

She described her character Yoon Jin Ah as “unpredictable and bright” while Jung Hae In described his character Seo Jun Hee as “confident and young.”

Son Ye Jin also mentioned her hobbies. She revealed, “I like amusement park rides and have lots of wild hobbies. I also went skydiving. I really like roller coasters.” The actress then described Jung Hae In’s body as “hard as a rock” and viewers commented that his “face is romance while his body is action.”

She continued, “I don’t like cheesy things, although I like romance.” Jung Hae In then brought up that there’s a scene where he says, “I miss you so much I might die,” but Son Ye Jin responds, “Not me.”

The actors concluded, “Viewership ratings are not important. A long-lasting drama is important. We hope it’s a drama that isn’t awkward even in 10 or 20 years.” Jung Hae In added, “My birthday is April Fool’s Day. As my present, I want to receive viewership ratings.”

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” will premiere on March 30 at 10:45 p.m. KST.

Source:Soompi

I love Son ye jin’s smile, her eyes disappears completely. It’s beautiful.

Watching the press conference, interviews and long trailer just got me more excited. Less than 2 days to go.

Although I wish for high ratings, more than that, I just want it to be a well written drama.

Awww... JHI is just too adorable for words. Ridiculously adorable. I'm grinning from ear to ear. That kid is serious poison.

I'm wondering if we're headed for 16 episodes of pure unadulterated fluff... because I could be up for it. Food and Fluff... sounds good.

That 4 minute preview for some reason reminds me of an old fashioned Hollywood romance... the rain scene coupled with Stand By Your Man in cabaret style leads me to think nostalgically of Singin' in the Rain. 

Archived