[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is this really a Noona Romance? The noona here looks rather too young to be a noona.

But what self-respecting working man rely on a woman who's not his birth sister to buy him food? It's embarrassing. It should be Cute Dongsaeng Who Cooks for his Noona.

I’m wondering as well. Coz they are suppose to be just a few years apart age wise (35 & 31) - that’s not much of a noona love story.  So I don’t think the story will focus much on the age difference. Could this dongsaeng be a struggling video game designer who  gets free food fr noona’s cafe ?   :D

Since this is helmed by the PD of Secret Love Affair , I’m looking forward to how it will be filmed since SLA had this movie like quality to how it was shot. 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/08/secret-love-affair-pd-returns-with-new-drama-pretty-noona-who-buys-me-food/

Plus after Prison Playbook, i have this crush on Jung Hae In. Nice to see him in his first lead role. I didn’t realise he is 29 in real life . He’s got a baby face & I thought he was in his early 20s

@triplem Anyone know when is airing date?

Agreed with u. I also hope it wont goes the normal noona romance way of pumping awkward scenes about age gap diff n silly exaggerating jokes over noona-desperated feels..  i hope this show will be more than that. One of my best noona romance was I Can Hear Your Voice. 

Actually their age gap are not glaringly diff, SYJ herself has such youthful looks that the instant she gave u that sunbeam smile n innocent grin, you forget u r looking at a noona. I guess the awkward part comes in when they may have to hide from her Bestie n his Sister the bidding romance. Its should be rom-com genre.  

Yes my bad, i make the mistake stating in the beginning thinking its Secret Love Affair writer. but i later realised its the PD of Secret LA. So we can expect some emotional/ romantic but classy takes of how PD wilk shot scenes. Its wont goes the way SLA goes into melo direction as it will be rom-com. Hope they do handle some practical issues that single ladies face in social life, emotional struggles, or career building. Instead of superficial silly rom com way of making jokes out of older noona fall in love  n doing 'silly things '! 

i really hope this show add in practical but light touches in real life issues.  Nowadays i have more faith in TvN or JTBC in handling better script n directing. Given SYJ being a multi awards winner, trust she can portrays the delicate but complicated world of a noona. Son YeJin and Han Hyojoo, Park Min Young, Choi Ji Woo, Lee Bo Young... etc. are some of the noonas that i trusted can do well noona romance in great elegance n class. 

Just have the feeling that it may be more than majority of us fall into this category. Its good to have heart warming takes about noona. And seriously Noona love is happening everywhere, nothing to be shy off.

March 2 2018

Teaser trailer for JTBC drama series “Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food”

Pretty_Sister_Who_Buys_Me_Food-SI222.jpg

First teaser traielr added for JTBC drama series “Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food” (literal title) starring Son Ye-Jin and Jung Hae-In. The voice over in the teaser trailer is of Jung Hae-In and he asks ” … older sister, if I ask you to buy me food tomorrow, will you buy me food?” The catchy song playing in the teaser trailer is cover song “Stand By Your Man” by Carla Bruni. Meanwhile, still images above and below is of Son Ye-Jin and Jung Hae-In together in the drama series.

“Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food” first airs March 30, 2018.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-series-pretty-sister-who-buys-me-food

@stroppyse Are planning to watch this ? Any chance you can translate the teaser above? Thanks. I found a translation on twitter but not sure it its accurate 

Spoiler

17 hours ago, triplem said:

@stroppyse Are planning to watch this ? Any chance you can translate the teaser above? Thanks. I found a translation on twitter but not sure it its accurate 

@triplem, I would love to translate the teaser, but I can't hear any audio on the ones posted to this thread. Let me see if I can find a copy somewhere with audio.

edit: Okay, found the teaser on the JTBC website.  Here's the link, and the  translation of the dialogue in the teaser. I'm using including the YT clip that @mademoisellesia posted later in this thread.

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/teaser/pr10010757

Seo Joon Hee: Noona, perhaps…maybe…
Yoon Jin A: Maybe?
Seo Joon Hee: Maybe if I…
Yoon Jin A: You what?
Seo Joon Hee: I..If I ask you to buy me food, will you buy it for me?

Not sure whose version of "Stand by Your Man" is playing in the background, but I like it. I also thought it was cute how he so wanted to put his arm around her, but ended up not quite being able to do it. Park Hae In and Son Ye Jin also make a pretty darn good looking couple. :)

5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@triplem, I would love to translate the teaser, but I can't hear any audio on the ones posted to this thread. Let me see if I can find a copy somewhere with audio.

Does this work? 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/02/watch-jung-hae-shyly-tries-express-feelings-son-ye-jin-1st-teaser-new-drama/

Watch: Jung Hae In Shyly Tries To Express His Feelings For Son Ye Jin In 1st Teaser For New Drama

text in spoiler
Spoiler

The drama will follow the story of two people as they slowly fall in love with each other. To go along with this theme, the new teaser shows Yoon Jin Ah (Son Ye Jin) and Seo Joon Hee (Jung Hae In) walking side by side late at night. While Yoon Jin Ah is smiling as she calmly looks around the street they’re walking down, Seo Joon Hee is a ball of nerves as he tries to decide whether he should wrap him arm around her shoulders. However, he gives up in the end and pretends like nothing had happened.

While the scene is playing out, Seo Joon Hee can be heard in a voiceover saying, “Noona, if… If I…” He hesitates for a moment and Yoon Jin Ah asks, “If? If you what?” His reply is, “If I asked you to buy me a meal tomorrow, would you?”

A source from the drama stated, “We tried to accurately portray the heart-racing emotions of a couple just starting a relationship. Though the clip is short, the two actors showcase great chemistry as a romantic pair, and we’re certain they will warm viewers this spring with their love story.”

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” is the follow-up drama to “Misty” and the first episode will air on March 30 at 11 p.m. KST.

i repeat the airing date: March 30 at 11 p.m. KST. (thanks, @aisling for your reply re: date of airing). this is the confirmation.

@stroppyse are you on board this? no obligation if not, :wub: i know almost everyone think of you, ah, borrowing your talent in subbing.

cr. soompi .

Spoiler

my personal sharing; 2017 has been tormenting to me, esp with some shipper threads... i intend to keep low n off 'ships'. my promise to keep 2018 stay clean, neutral and low. apologies to those who know who my apologies should channel to.....
hope 'Pretty Noona' is a gentle breeze... like the sweet scent, soft breeze that Yejin is....

alternate reports at Allkpop

Jung Hae In tries hard to make 'a move' on 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' Son Ye Jin in first drama teaser

By beansss
JTBC's new Fri-Sat drama 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' has released its first brief teaser. 

In the teaser, male lead Jung Hae In is adorable as can be, trying really hard to make "a move" on his very own 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food', Son Ye Jin. The drama will be a heart-fluttering romance about two people who used to just know each other, before their relationship develops over time. 

If you like food, younger men, older women, or all of the above, make sure to tune in to the drama's premiere on March 30 at 11PM KST.

1 hour ago, maryofbethany said:

@stroppyse are you on board this? no obligation if not, :wub: i know almost everyone think of you, ah, borrowing your talent in subbing.

Hi @maryofbethany, yes, I'm on board with this drama. I hope it's good. I wouldn't mind a lighter-hearted romantic comedy, though not sure if this is a comedy. The set up reminds me a bit of What's Up, Fox?

@mademoisellesia, I hope you don't mind but I updated my clip translation post on the previous page with your YT clip. Thanks again.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:57 AM, aisling said:

I’m in a drama slumber since January. Can’t wait to this drama to wake me up! They look spectacular together! 

Me too chingu, I haven't been able to get into any kdramas but just seeing these two together makes me smile

21 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I also thought it was cute how he so wanted to put his arm around her, but ended up not quite being able to do it. Park Hae In and Son Ye Jin also make a pretty darn good looking couple. :)

That is just so adorable dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif My heart is already beginning to flutter.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:48 AM, maryofbethany said:

I guess the awkward part comes in when they may have to hide from her Bestie n his Sister the bidding romance. Its should be rom-com genre. 

I hope so I'm in the mood too for something more organic. I  too do not want to sit through a bunch of contrived situations or stupid age jokes/problems when they are only 5years apart. 

@enigmatic_zephy I definitely would have chosen this guy but I can see why she married AJH:D

Archived