[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

morning.. at cafe. her cafe? 
she apologized to someone? answered a call... shocked over some news. 

some office. i need time to recognise who is who.... and memorised their name.. 
at a office setting. Park Hyukkwon is the boss or leader of that office. 

back at cafe... ye jin apologised to a group of young people... who were sitting and listening to her explanation about somehting she apologized for. 
she went to park KyukKwon's office and met some client .... she continued to apologise. seems the office (company) is related to the cafe? yes, it is. its running the actual cafe. 

oh, she went to roof top to meet Seo Jung Yeon character. talked a swift convoo. Seo Jung yeon left. Yejin answered a call.... still staying at roof.

Jung Hae at his own office designing some stuff... smiled at a reply at his phone... took his coat and left cheerfully. oh, OTP met for lunch.. that scene we saw the very first still.... Yejin and Jung Hae ate... and she smiled sweetly that still... 

she returned from washroom... oh, she thought he left. but he was outside.. did he paid for her? hahah. is it an unofficial date? 
entered lift alone.... it opened again, and Park Hyukkwon enterred and disturb the OTP...  Jung Hae so sweet pulled her hand and told her "fighting!" as she left to follow after Boss Park. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

end of day, night. 
she left and walked home from office. 
oh, the ex. the ex came to talk to her. the one who date some girl.
she wasnt happy to see him... oh, the girl saw Ye jin talked to the ex. the girl and her friend was looking at YeJin struggling as the ex trying to harrass him.. oh.. 
our hero pulled Ye jih away and save her from Ex's harrassment. 
asked is it your chingu or boyfriend... some thing like that.. oh  Jung Hae called the police to say he harass YJin. 
ex left in haste. 
OTP walked home, and talked about the boy friend issue. 

25 minutes ago, syl47c said:

Bah-Doo.com does almost live recaps - they update every 10 minutes; it's a pretty good turnaround for those who want to know what's happening now! 

Here's the link: https://www.bah-doo.com/pretty-noona-buys-food-something-rain-live-recap-episode-1/

that's good news. then next week, i will  not need to do live recap., 

thanks for your update., :D

oh, its so much better. since the Bah-doo site can understand Korean. Lets just go to that site and read ..
thanks i will stop here now. 

happy viewing at Bah-doo.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 PM KST

I've been reading bah-doo recap and watched youtube videos. I'll see the entire episode when the subtitles get ready, but I just can say for now, how lovely and natural our couple looks.
I'm only afraid their story goes too fast and they haven't enought drama for 16 episodes. I hope the writer gives us a interest plot during all the drama.

21 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Soi did she buy him food or what? I  MUST KNOW! :cookie:

Not yet. When they ate, he was the one that ended up paying without her knowing even though she wanted to pay for it.

—————————

I’m sensing she’s not going to trust him when he starts flirting for real with her (he’s already jokingly flirting with her now). Because so far she’s heard him talking to 2 girls on the phone and from the preview she’s gonna see him talking to her co-worker. She probably thinks he’s a player.

2 minutes ago, dulcinea1 said:

I've been reading bah-doo recap and watched youtube videos. I'll see the entire episode when the subtitles get ready, but I just can say for now, how lovely and natural our couple looks.
I'm only afraid their story goes too fast and they haven't enought drama for 16 episodes. I hope the writer gives us a interest plot during all the drama.

they mentioned in their presscon right. its the entire journey.. there is going to be the fluttering phase, happy phase of new romance, challenges of romance, finding your way home at the end romance

be prepared...won't be sweet throughtou

They like using country music in this ep.

D'ont know who sings ' Save the last dance for me'

Normally it's Micheal Bubblé ...

from the news it's an american who sings ost in this ep 

but It's Carla Bruni (?) who sings ' Stand by your man " .. I think

28 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, sorry. I'm translating these scenes completely out of order, I know. I didn't expect to translate these various scenes, but they were so cute.

This scene actually precedes the chat at the bar which I had posted earlier. This is when JA and JH first meet up again in this drama since JH has come back into the country. There is also a cute meta.

JA: (work call on her phone) Burgamdong? Right now? No, it’s not far. I’ll go there right now. Yes. (changes into her heels and runs off)

(JA is walking later in her heels which are giving her some problems when JH rides by her, before he circles around to come up by her.)
JA: You have come. (meaning he has come back in to Korea) I thought I had seen wrongly. When did you come back into the country?
JH: Mmm….while you were sleeping?
JA: As always, you’re such a joker.
(JH continues to ride in circles around JA to tease her.)
JA: Yah! Really. If I could chase you down, I would. I’m restraining myself. You’re teasing your noona.

So, the bit of meta joke is that PHI's big break was actually as second lead in While You Were Sleeping, which I didn't see, but thought it was cute anyway.

The other thing this scene reminded me of is that they're using an American country music standard in "Stand By Your Man" as well as a country/folk version of the Motown classic "Save the Last Dance for Me" (reminds me a bit of the version sung by Carl Perkins) as the BGM for this drama thus far. Not sure how to read that, other than that American country music likes to think that they tell stories in their songs, so perhaps these songs are meant to be more thematic of this drama in total than a lot of kdrama OST's?

Oh, just saw another comment about the music in this drama.

Stand by Your Man is being sung by Rachael Yamagata. Not sure who is singing "Save the Last Dance for Me", but it's not Michael Buble.

I know it's not Micheal Bubble, I think maybe ... Bruce Springsteen

Rachael Yamagata's voice looks like Carla's voice 

I like country music

@MindfulL ...I heard Netflix had the rights to this drama?  I had thought DramaFever had licensed it but it's not appearing there now. I've not seen anything official personally about Netflix.
If so, that would be why we can't find it subbed on any of the typical KDrama sites. Netflix tends to delay the airing of Kdramas it seems by at least a week. 

Archived