[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ShannonK said:

@MindfulL ...I heard Netflix had the rights to this drama?  I had thought DramaFever had licensed it but it's not appearing there now. I've not seen anything official personally about Netflix.
If so, that would be why we can't find it subbed on any of the typical KDrama sites. Netflix tends to delay the airing of Kdramas it seems by at least a week. 

Maybe it's like that

bc I did'nt find eng sub foe Bad guys 2; and now I'm watching it in Netflix

but if DF has licensed it can sub it no problrm ??!

6 hours ago, Chiraphan Malithong said:

I think that music ...

Save The Last Dance For Me - Bruce Willis 

OMGggg ... 

I don't think so ! I hearded Bruce Willis's version it's not the same

I think maybe a new version for OST  ???

30 minutes ago, diane90 said:

I don't think so ! I hearded Bruce Willis's version it's not the same

I think maybe a new version for OST  ???

Um...I think too. 

Guess...Who will sing this song new version?

27 minutes ago, Chiraphan Malithong said:

Um...I think too. 

Guess...Who will sing this song new version?

Sorry You are right

I have just re-hearded it

It's Bruce Willis version :grin:

I don't know he has this skill hahahaha

Bravo !

@stroppyse Thank you for tagging me for your review & thank you also for those clips you translated! You're a lifesaver! :wub::wub::wub:

Me, every time our OTP have their scene together:

Image result for squee gif

& adding a lots of squeal after that. LOL

so now, I'll wait for English subs to fully indulge with the drama :wub:

4 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

One of the highlights of episode 1 is actually in the opening theme hee-hee-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948998

Reveal hidden contents

You are so right! I can't wait for their kiss scene hehe and Ahn PD's drama always have many kiss scene :tongue:

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, JH's throwaway line to himself about JA being in trouble now that she's had a taste is deliberately vague. JA, overhearing it, probably thinks it refers to breaking a taboo of drinking during lunch on a working day, and that now that she's broken one, she might be up for doing it again. And, JH may mean that as well. However, the taboo in question that he has in mind could be JA dating the younger brother of a friend. Also, the "taste" that he refers to JA having gotten is probably also a reference to being with him, and how she is going to want to see him more. So, based just on clips, the writing so far for JH seems to be witty, cheeky, and assured. JA's lines seem much more straightforward from initial impressions.

Another thing that this scene does subtly is show some differences between JA and JH, the differences between their ages, experiences, and possibly cultures. So, JH is used to eating a cheap meal (jjajjangmyun) with his friends/colleagues. JA clearly likes to seek out trendy, popular restaurants. JH asks for the house wine, which for most restaurants is somewhere between decent to good, but is always the cheapest wine served by the glass. JA asks to see a wine menu, so clearly has experience selecting and drinking wines. I don't know if JA also makes more money than JH, but she is definitely farther along in her career than JH. Anyway, this scene highlights those differences prettily subtly and naturally, I thought.

Finally, JA thinks of JH as her friend's little brother, and thus her little brother whereas JH is definitely aware of JA as an attractive woman that he's interested in.

Hi everyone, this is my first comment in this thread. Nice to meet you all here...let's enjoy the drama together! :D

Thank you so much @stroppyse I always trust you and your analysis. Oh hi @triplem @bebebisous33 finally we meet again in a kdrama land :)

The reason I wait and watch this drama is I admire Son Ye Jin's works and Jung Hae In's cuteness. Yess, hope this drama won't disappoint me :wub:

I couldn't watch the video in youtube either, but I have found it in instagram (only image, not music)

Edit: Ok @Jloves was faster than me and found a better video too :).

6 minutes ago, Jloves said:

It's blocked in my country too but someone posted it on twitter :)

'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' off to a solid start with 4% viewer ratings on premiere day

son-ye-jin,jung-hae-in

The first episode of JTBC's new Fri-Sat drama 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' (also known as 'Something in the Rain') aired on March 30. 

According to Nielson Korea, the first episode of 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' recorded an average viewer rating of 4%. The highest ever recorded rating for the first episode of a JTBC drama is 'Man to Man', which aired back on April 21, 2017 and recorded an average rating of 4.8%. JTBC's 'Misty', the drama which aired in the Fri-Sat time slot before 'Pretty Noona', recorded a rating of 3.5% during its premiere episode. 

'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' tells the story of a woman in her mid-thirties, Yoon Jin Ah (played by Son Ye Jin), and her developing relationship with her best friend's younger brother, Seo Joon Hee (played by Jung Hae In). The drama's first episode received reactions such as, "It's the first realistic drama I've seen in a while", "I want to know what happens when Jin Ah discovers Joon Hee", "I feel like I'm watching the story of someone I know", and more. 

The second episode of 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' airs on March 31 at 11PM KST.

CR: ALLKPOP

Hello everyone! I'm new in this thread

You know I've just watched the raw and absolutely in love with this drama. It's so so so soft and nice. I feel like I was watching a french old movie with the slow beautiful music and amazing picture. This drama is the same. Its characters, music choice, plot are perfect. Let's cross fingers that all episodes will be like the first one. And especially thanks to writers for that they show us noona romance. Usually it's hard for woman and a guy who's younger than her to be together. But there this whole thing with age gap is happening lightly and easy. (I watched it without any subs so if I got it wrong please tell me) I like it and hope for a good plot until the end.

Archived