Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

This 4 minute preview is just too cute. Despite the "noona" in the title, this finally feels like an adult romance. Plus, cheeky JHI is irresistible. Translations for the preview.

JHI: It’s not a rain that’s going to stop.
SYJ: Let’s call a taxi to this location.
JHI: So, what about when it drops you off at the house? (meaning she’ll get wet going from the taxi to her place) Just stay still for a minute. I’ll go buy umbrellas.
SYJ: Oh! Let’s just…

(JHI picks up two umbrellas, then puts one back. :lol: )
JHI: How much is it?

(JHI stops a little ways away from SYJ.)
SYJ: What?
(JHI gestures for SYJ to come to him.)
SYJ: You come here.
(JHI gestures for SYJ to come to him, so SYJ runs over to him.)
SYJ: You said that I shouldn’t get rained on!
JHI: Well, since I got a little rained on as well.
SYJ: Aish! You…But, why did you only buy one umbrella? And, a red one as well?
JHI: I don’t know. I bought only the one that most caught my eye.  
SYJ: You are going to become a rich man. (me: She’s being sarcastic about JHI being cheap and buying only one.)
SYJ: If we continue this way, then both us will be half completely soaked.
JHI: Well, if that’s the case, there is a way.
SYJ: Huh?
JHI: Like this. (putting his arm around SYJ and drawing her in close)

JHI: Shall we get in the taxi?
SYJ: Uhh…however, it would be good if we went after we walked off some more of the alcohol.
JHI: Then…it’s probably best to walk a little more before we get in (a taxi).
SYJ: That’s right.
(both turn around to keep walking)

JHI: Noona was the very smallest, weren’t you?
SYJ: Huh?
JHI: As a manager, your punch was so strong (me: meaning that she is fierce at work) that I didn’t realize, but you’re very small.
SYJ: Yah! I’m not small. I’m exactly the average size.
JHI: Ehy! What do you take me for? I’ve held a lot of women… (me: he stops realizing what he was about to say :lol: )
SYJ: Ahh…is that right?
JHI: I was joking.
SYJ: Yeah, yeah.

JHI: Do you want to go see a movie on the weekend?
SYJ: It’s really been a hundred-thousand years since I last saw a movie.
JHI: Isn’t that something that mothers might say? (me: He's teasing her about her age. :lol: )
SYJ: Aish… Yah!

So, from this, I'm now wondering if they are work colleagues who meet. Nothing indicates whether she was his manager or not, but the fact that he comments on her fierceness at work tells me that he's seen her at work.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

Son Ye Jin And Jung Hae In Talk About First Impressions Of Each Other And Hopes For Their Drama 

Son-Ye-Jin-Jung-Hae-In12.jpg

Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In talked about their upcoming JTBC drama “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” (literal title).

On March 28, the leads introduced their drama to viewers in an interview on Naver’s V Live.

Jung Hae In began, “It’s a story about a woman and a man who knew each other for a long time. To this man, love isn’t a special occasion, but a feeling that slowly grows. It’s my first time being a lead in a drama, so it feels like a dream.”

Son Ye Jin added, “There are steps in dating. The nervousness before confessing, the exhilarating joy after confirming each other’s feelings, the short moment of falling in love, the obstacles that appear as time passes… Our drama is the same way. It has the entire, difficult process of preserving love. I think you’ll relate to it because it’s realistic.”

She continued, “Jung Hae In is an actor who I can empathize with just by looking at him. Our drama has no rehearsals. One shoot, one cut.”

The actress then talked about a scene where she appears drunk. She admitted, “I usually get drunk after a can of beer. I acted while I was actually drunk. Right before filming, I drank a can of beer through a straw. Even if my liver suffers, I wanted it to look real.”

Son-Ye-Jin-Jung-Hae-In3.jpg

Jung Hae In spoke about his first impression of his co-star. He revealed, “She was a goddess. I was so nervous that it was difficult to look at her for a long time.” Son Ye Jin also shared her first impression of him and said, “I thought he looked a lot better in real life. His skin is really nice too.”

She described her character Yoon Jin Ah as “unpredictable and bright” while Jung Hae In described his character Seo Jun Hee as “confident and young.”

Son Ye Jin also mentioned her hobbies. She revealed, “I like amusement park rides and have lots of wild hobbies. I also went skydiving. I really like roller coasters.” The actress then described Jung Hae In’s body as “hard as a rock” and viewers commented that his “face is romance while his body is action.”

She continued, “I don’t like cheesy things, although I like romance.” Jung Hae In then brought up that there’s a scene where he says, “I miss you so much I might die,” but Son Ye Jin responds, “Not me.”

The actors concluded, “Viewership ratings are not important. A long-lasting drama is important. We hope it’s a drama that isn’t awkward even in 10 or 20 years.” Jung Hae In added, “My birthday is April Fool’s Day. As my present, I want to receive viewership ratings.”

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” will premiere on March 30 at 10:45 p.m. KST.

Source:Soompi

• Like 13

@aisling, nope, sorry. I'm not seeing Jung Hae In as a golden labrador puppy other than they are both really adorable. :)

Right now, reading the press releases and watching the preview puts a smile on my face. I really, really hope that the drama is able to do so as well rather than falling into angst territory for a majority of it's run instead. Have I already mentioned how adorable Jung Hae In is? Can't wait to watch him onscreen again.

• Like 13

I love Son ye jin’s smile, her eyes disappears completely. It’s beautiful.

Watching the press conference, interviews and long trailer just got me more excited. Less than 2 days to go.

Although I wish for high ratings, more than that, I just want it to be a well written drama.

• Like 8

@triplem, he's being cheeky and adorable. Translation underneath.

Today is Thursday. They say these days that it’s Burning Thursday (meaning Busy Thursday), don't they? So, have a good day today. But, leave tomorrow free. You don’t, by any chance, already have plans tomorrow, do you? Tomorrow, we should definitely meet in a love story.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

The description that Son Ye Jin gives of her character Yoon Jin Ah.

The person Yoon Jin Ah is a very ordinary and fun person, but someone you might meet anywhere, a woman who is in her 30’s. She works as an employee in a coffee business, a supervisor of a retail store. That is the role.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Awww... JHI is just too adorable for words. Ridiculously adorable. I'm grinning from ear to ear. That kid is serious poison.

I'm wondering if we're headed for 16 episodes of pure unadulterated fluff... because I could be up for it. Food and Fluff... sounds good.

That 4 minute preview for some reason reminds me of an old fashioned Hollywood romance... the rain scene coupled with Stand By Your Man in cabaret style leads me to think nostalgically of Singin' in the Rain. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

tumblr_p61s2kK4Df1vem8apo2_540.giftumblr_p61s2kK4Df1vem8apo3_540.giftumblr_p61s2kK4Df1vem8apo1_540.gifletsflytoasiarenata

Finding ‘Something in the Rain’

Spoiler

Updated : March 29 2018

Based on the idea that one’s love life can be more important than a foreign war, JTBC’s new drama “Something in the Rain” hopes to portray the beauty of ordinary yet real love. 
Actress Son Ye-jin and actor Jung Hae-in take the lead roles in the new Friday-Saturday drama series. Son’s character, who works as a coffee franchise supervisor, falls for her friend’s younger brother, a character designer at a computer game company, played by Jung.
Poducer Ahn Pan-seok directs the production. He is known for staging the legendary hit series “Behind the White Tower“ and the new drama’s unique Korean title “Pretty Sister who Treats Me to Meals” gained the public’s interest from the start of production.
“I saw the phrase on the internet once. I thought it was funny. It stayed in my memory,” director Ahn said, at a press conference which took place Wednesday afternoon in western Seoul. “There are many drama titles that are ambiguous and vague. I wanted to do a drama with a title that is specific and easy to remember.” 
The story hopes to depict ordinary yet real love, showing what it is like for two people who have known each other for a long time to fall in love. 
“I wondered what real dating could be. It is knowing about one’s real charms, as the knowledge requires an enormous amount of observation,” he said. “Real love could be defined as writing a biography of each other.” 
In the drama, there won’t be any epic conflicts or hardships. The plot will calmly describe the lead couple’s love story. 
“For a person in love, a call from the lover matters more than a war overseas,” the producer said. “Ordinary love can be epic through its presence.”
Son, who is returning to the small screen for the first time in five years, chose the drama based on her trust of the director. She always wanted to work with Ahn as many of her colleagues have complimented him. 
“I was worried at first about doing a drama, as drama productions can be difficult,” Son said. “But when I first met the director, he made a list of what he can do for me on set. I was deeply touched by the action.”
The veteran actress added that she might not be able to work with other drama producers after working with Ahn. 
Son‘s goal is to make a well-made drama. “Viewership rating is important, of course. But there are also some dramas that are nice to watch even after 10 years have passed. I would like to make that kind of drama,” she said. 
The first episode of “Something in the Rain” will air at 10:45 p.m on Friday. The rest of the Friday-Saturday drama series will air at 11 p.m. 
By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, dulcinea1 said:

THEY'RE SO CUTE!! love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512 OMG! I think I'm gonna ship them for real!!! HELP wait-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862524

we are in the same boatdevil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.giflet it sail and crush our hearts

• LOL 6

5 hours ago, tianaa said:

we are in the same boatdevil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.giflet it sail and crush our hearts

AMEN TO THAT!!! text-line-smiley-032.gif?1302022361

Tomorrow's the DAY!! Can't wait!! :wub::wub::wub:

Just saw this on twitter :wub: He's so freaking adorable :wub:

DZcm3c9U0AEu5C0.jpg

DZcm3yZUQAAUkKe.jpg

DZcm4FaVoAAkDu0.jpg

CTTO

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Day of reckoning ! Jtbc has been teasing us ,  so  drama better  be good. I trust the PD ( since he did Secret Love Affair)  to bring on some great visuals. The chemistry between the leads is there. Writer-nim needs to deliver .

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 5

Me too me too me too. I'm shipping them so hard I want them to be real :wub:  My weekend is meaningful again yeay! Can't wait for tonight. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Still Cuts :wub::wub::wub:

DZgZjH4UQAImlzi.jpg

DZgZj6dUQAAMbrX.jpg

DZgZkm5U0AUdw65.jpg

CTTO

Spoiler

DZgZlRtV4AARAIc.jpg

DZgCSBeU8AEoAAO.jpg

DZgZ9G1UMAAeuzZ.jpg

DZgZ90GUQAAdoF-.jpg

DZgZ-epUMAAhba7.jpg

CTTO

Spoiler

DZgcuJZVQAECF0N.jpg

DZgcu3JU8AUgpYN.jpg

DZgcvj_VoAAhgPO.jpg

DZgcwNOUQAAKRrA.jpg

CTTO

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So... Today id the Day !!!

I love this couple in the first time I saw the news and I'm waiting for with .... impatience !

The love with age gap like that there was longtime ago and people like and appreciate it

It's the love between Yang Guo & Xiaolongnu 

this love story is very interesting so there are many remakes !

I hope this love story between noona & him will be a long-lasting drama as his wish

and like him; I d'ont care the ratings

• Like 5