[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

4 minutes ago, MindfulL said:

@ShannonK Perhaps, DramaFever is also delaying the broadcast for a week? I saw this link https://www.dramafever.com/drama/5173/next/Something_in_the_Rain/

I'm very thankful, that @stroppyse give us big help on the translation. I dunno what will I do, since the drama isn't available on my cable and neither do I have an account in Dramafever (also hard for me to have one), the translation here has become heaven to me. Gomawo sist @stroppyse:wub:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @maryofbethany Yep, that was me, too! And I don't mind at all if any Soompier wants to past the recap over here! We actually got started with this whole live recapping thing from the Fight for My Way soompi forum way back last May. Adding numbers to the partition's was even a FFMW Soompiers idea to make copying and pasting it on Soompi easier! So yes, I have much love for Soompi!

To everyone who celebrates, Happy Easter!

Done with episode 1. I’m sooo in love with this show!!! :wub::wub::wub:

I do know a few women like her in real life. Gorgeous, smart women still single in their late 30s who keep dating the wrong man because of some crazy idea about what love should be like.

It’s way past my bedtime, but on to episode 2!

4 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

MASSIVE thanks to @syl47c for posting the link of LIVE recaps. for those who just known of this thread and wasnt here last night. 
this is the Link to read recaps. remember to thanks the blogger who post the recaps. everyone kindly go to bah-doo to read recap.

Sharing is caring! 

Kudos to you too, for your effort in providing up-to-the-minute, frame by frame recaps during Ep 1! *thumbs up* :D

Now i'm just waiting for an english subbing team to pick up this drama so I can understand the cuteness between our OTP already - the wait is sooooo painful *uggggh* 

53 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 3 preview

You are doing the Lord’s work. Thanks for the translations.

They are so cute. This is why I don’t watch currently airing shows, how am I supposed to wait 6 days now?

——————

Do you guys think Joonhee likes Ji Ah for a long time even before he left? Because the way he jokingly flirts with her and teases her since ep 1 tells me maybe he’s always been like that with her.

This drama reminds me of Jtbc’s drama “a wife’s credentials”... a basic life storyline, talking about social status, the controversies and such.....I think later along the way of the story here, the OTP will be on a public spotlight ( persecution?) regarding their relationship .... nice selection of songs just like the drama I’ve mention ( they had a Jane Birkin song and now here is Carla Bruni ). (**,)

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

And, when they're talking in the bar the first time they get meet up in this drama after he's come back from being overseas, when JA asks if he's found a girl he likes, JH responds that unfortunately for him, Jin Ah is still the best one. Same conversation, JA jokes that if JH wasn't KS' little brother, that she would have already killed him by now.

That’s the conversation that also made me think he liked her from before. But sometimes the way he says things makes it seem like he’s not serious or that he’s just joking but then you see the looks he keeps giving her.

9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

That’s why I think that he had confessed that he liked her before, but she didn’t take him seriously. :) So now, he cloaks his flirting with joking, but he’s totally still gone on her. His reactions when he’s by himself and gets a text from her or when he’s looking at the picture that he surreptitiously took of her while she’s sleeping says it all,

Not that I condone such behavior as taking someone’s picture surreptitiousLy, even if taken by a puppy like JH who clearly adores JA.

I like your theory. Hopefully they’ll give us some flashback or something to confirm.

3 hours ago, minggay68 said:

This drama reminds me of Jtbc’s drama “a wife’s credentials”... a basic life storyline, talking about social status, the controversies and such.....I think later along the way of the story here, the OTP will be on a public spotlight ( persecution?) regarding their relationship .... nice selection of songs just like the drama I’ve mention ( they had a Jane Birkin song and now here is Carla Bruni ). (**,)

BECAUSE THE DIRECTOR OF A WIFE'S CREDENTIALS AND PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD IS THE SAME PERSON! IT'S AHN PAN SEOK! Sorry for the caps, I'm just happy that someone here actually watches A Wife's Credentials, my all time favorite korean drama.

The music, the style, the sweet moments.. ahhh~ It's A Wife's Credentials once more.

4 hours ago, triplem said:

All the noonas here must be dying waiting for subs :lol:. I wonder if Netflix bought the rights .

This ahjumma is dying too. This like waiting for a Jdrama to be subbed or not... I'm hoping that DramaFever is just going to release the subs during the week. They have put weekend dramas on hold until Monday/Tuesday. Let's just cross our fingers and pray because I want to see this drama. 

@stroppyseThank you for the translations:heart:

4 hours ago, jaiwook_08 said:

BECAUSE THE DIRECTOR OF A WIFE'S CREDENTIALS AND PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD IS THE SAME PERSON! IT'S AHN PAN SEOK! Sorry for the caps, I'm just happy that someone here actually watches A Wife's Credentials, my all time favorite korean drama.

The music, the style, the sweet moments.. ahhh~ It's A Wife's Credentials once more.

Yang Guo and Xiaolongnu could fight the world for their love

so why not with them

at 21 century :blush:

1 episode ... and already   :wub:   the drama.

2 episodes and I am seriously hooked :wub::wub::wub:   and can't wait for next Fri.

So many new dramas out there, and after watching an episode -  none of them have me curious enough to go back reading and checking out all related clips on it. This one has the X FActor.

The mellow yet contemporary and chemistry, directing etc ...  gives me Temperature of Love and On The Way to Airport vibes - both dramas I enjoyed.

Random Thoughts:

That walk to her building elevator = it kinda signifies a progression.

First night - he walks her, he leaves, she enters the elevator

Second time - he lingers watchin her ... and when he walks away, he is obviously lost in thoughts

Third time - he lingers, she lingers watching him leaving from the elevator, as opposed to 2 previous times of just closing the doors.  It's getting to be a mutual interest. :wub:

That umbrella scene - he wants her to get out of comfort zone to move to him in the rain ...  it is symbolic of their relationship mapping out.

He's totally smitten, and will do anything for her/ a relationshi[...  whereas for her - she has yet to make headway (we kind of see this dawning in that romantic rain walk under the umbrella, and her reluctance to get into the cab but to prolong those moments together instead).

Even just watching this 2 episodes in Raws were very satisfying.

MUCH THANKS for all the translations stroppy-se,  and to Bah-Doo Drama Milk for live recaps!

I've been using @stroppyse translation since Moon Lovers era I guessed. Hard core fans of you sis. 

Btw, just checking DC and one of the post found a surprising fact. I can't share my own screenshot, since all I have is the 720p quality clips on YouTube. But that chingu managed to ss this. So I shared her/his pict here. Credit to DC.

eFERAegu_o.jpg

The chat happened in 2015 January 25th!!!

Does it means we will have another separation until they meet again on 2018?! Geez.... 

The couple progressing naturally.. I love it!!

I watch it without sub, it's okay and understandable.

Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin casting is perfect. SYJ as middle 30s woman, she's effortlessly beautiful. JHI delivers the feeling of adult younger man so perfectly. He's so fresh and sweet and handsome. I feel like I become an older woman in love with younger man, when I'm actually younger than them.

I was bored about the coffee company stories, until towards the end from their dinner date and using umbrella together, then he actually friends with Jin A's bro, his facial expression when JA's bro said to stop liking 35 years woman. And when he lost his sense when JA's ex grab her hand.. Waaa waaaaaaaaa I'm crazyyyy 

Archived