[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

On 24/01/2018 at 11:11 AM, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone

Hi @jongski chingu :) you are here too. Thanks @jaiwook_08 for this thread. I'm gonna put this drama on  my list as I like Son Ye Jin. Jung Hae In is new to me as I have not watched any of his dramas. Looking forward to his acting.

The story plot is interesting but its the usual noona dongseng's love I watched before. I'm a sucker for such story, so I will watch :tongue:

Wow today I'm on a roll in Soompi. Have been posting in few coming up drama's threads. Have not been active a while since TKL.

@alekaonu hi there, nice seeing old friends.. Metoo, regarding this pairing, am weak over noona love... just found writer is the one who penned Secret Love Affair. Ahem... those who knows that story know how good is writer in working up chemistry n atmosphere... am done with dramas that promised  good drama + good casts + good PD, but end with  lousy writers.  

This writer was good with angst noona love... so lightly i am in. But i cant do live recap with this channel JTBC. coz i only have live stream with major channel KBS, MBC... 

And Son YeJin is expert in chemistry with almost any male lead she play against... not to say this male lead jung Haein is perfect as the fresh young dounseung . He was already shown promising since Goblin, when he turned Kim Shin into a green eyed jealously-cute 'kiwi' . Guess there shall be sparks. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/02/2018 at 6:19 PM, triplem said:

This replaces Misty . Should be 30 March 

@triplem  oops my Good Friday n Easter (30 Apr- 1Apr) will be so busy, must still  find time to watch the premiere  in Eng Sub. (Got no stream site any way)!

there we meet again.  Hah. Last year was tortuous for me with all the shipping n getting overly emo over OTP... , thus this year i desire a rest... so hope to choose a nice Simple OTP to drool over.   hmm. I think this 'couple' should be solid in portray noona love in good taste... oh SonYejin can ready make u cry rivers... but i guess this a rom-com right? 

Yes. Actually there are a few classic noona romance in kdrama history that even outshine those from tinseltown.  One of them are I Can Hear your voice of Lee Bo young. 

But sone times the more angst n melo one that captivate your soul are the forbidden love kind... like you say, extreme age gap, moral issues challenged, between teacher n student , but this writer wrote Secret Love Affair in styles  beyond the normal cheap thrill of adulterous affair... not to justify it but to try to be gracious to those involved.  Very beautifully crafted without cheapen it to just senses pleasing. 

Hope he can be as good when it come to Rom-com to make it practical n deep n touching too, to show resistance of noona (haha. So many of us belong to this status isn't it?) in accepting a younger dongseung who happen to be brother of best friend. One thing i like this pairing is the boy is not still schooling but already a young earner. 

I hope it is something like I can Hear your voice, some times funny, some times sweet , some times melancholic, some times throw you a social issues situation that is grey or without any obvious right or wrong...

Noona love is so common even in our real lives isnt it?

[News] 2018.01.13 Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food Shares First Look at Son Ye Jin & Jung Hae In as Leading Roles

201802141659485541_d.jpg

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” (literal translation) has released their first stills of Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In in the leading roles.

Son Ye Jin will play Yoon Jin Ah, the supervisor of a coffee company who is in her thirties and still looking for stability in both love and in life. Jung Hae In will play Seo Joon Hee, a video game character designer in his thirties who is free-spirited in character but sincere when interacting with the woman he loves.

The new still shared by the drama shows Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In having coffee together and sharing a moment on the roof of an office building. Though there isn’t any physical contact between the two, the small smile on her face and the warm atmosphere between the two characters is already getting viewers’ hearts racing.

The production staff stated, “Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In’s chemistry shines. They’ve put a lot of hard work into their upcoming roles, constantly communicating with each other on set and doing their best to appear like a couple. We think the love story that will be depicted in the drama will be perfect for the flower-filled months of spring, so please anticipate our drama.”

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” is set to begin airing in March as the follow-up to “Misty.”

Source (1) via soompi

Been a quiet lurker in here but I just wanted to say, hello. I'll be following along with this story. I love everything coming out so far!

Somehow this drama looks so wholesome. Not sure if that is the angle they are taking for the actual drama, but all the images they release look very innocent and pastel. I kind of like it. I'm not familiar with either actor. I only know the actress from The Classic (which I loved) and I have never seen the actor before. But it seems like the people in this forum like him.

I see that their age gap isn't too big in real life, but does anyone know what ages they are supposed to be in the drama yet? I'll go back and read the front page about it. I'm ready for a believable noona love story. For some reason I can't believe a noona love story where the guy is 24 and the woman is 35. That is more like a sugar mamma love story :D

On 2/13/2018 at 10:28 AM, maryofbethany said:

@alekaonujust found writer is the one who penned Secret Love Affair. Ahem... those who knows that story know how good is writer in working up chemistry n atmosphere... am done with dramas that promised  good drama + good casts + good PD, but end with  lousy writers.  

This writer was good with angst noona love.

Opps. The writer of Secret Love Affair is Jung Sung Joo and she's not the writer of this upcoming drama, it's a new writer named Kim Eun. 

@mademoisellesia thanks for update. The photo above feels like noona and donsaeng. :D  But it's good photo. 

But if I take a look at teaser/ photso of the other age gap drama of My Ahjusshi. .. I feel the hug gap but  it's gonna be a good drama so I'm gonna watch it.

I'm gonnacheck this too. I'm not a fan of noona romance. I did like the SIG and Jang Nara in I Remember You - the romance was organic, very subtle and I like that kind of romance.  I can watch a noona romance when it's good story, and good script. I like the stars I want to see Son Ye Jin again. I'm not familiar with the male lead so I better watch Prison Playbook

Hi @Chellsee! I’m looking forward to this as well. I love the visuals of this fan taken photos 

Staff praise our lead actress’ work ethics & say she’s putting in a lot of effort after making a comeback to the small screen 

On 2/14/2018 at 7:47 PM, mademoisellesia said:

One is 35 and the other is 31. So no, Soompi isn't wrong. :)

Oh my he's in his 30's already?  Geez I thought he's only in his like late 20 like 26 27..ish. 5 yr age gap is okay!

If he's like Seo Ji Hoon or Woo Do Whan. age. I'd be like yeah.. that is what noon romance is! Ha ha:lol::D

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Oh my he's in his 30's already?  Geez I thought he's only in his like late 20 like 26 27..ish. 5 yr age gap is okay!

If he's like Seo Ji Hoon or Woo Do Whan. age. I'd be like yeah.. that is what noon romance is! Ha ha:lol::D

Hae In is playing his true age in the drama (born 1988). Yeah his looks is deceiving coz he's a cutie with baby face :)

New still cuts released. :wub:

Source: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/228052

SZtEhfdV3HEX636553256544919168.png

Son Ye Jin And Jung Hae In Exude Chemistry While Sharing A Meal For Upcoming JTBC Drama

Stills have been released for JTBC’s upcoming drama, “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.” (working title)

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” is about two acquaintances who find themselves falling in love. Son Ye Jin plays Yoon Jin Ah, a supervisor that manages a coffee specialty business while Jung Hae In plays Seo Joon Hee, a game character designer.

From the released stills, Yoon Jin Ah smiles delightfully at Seo Joon Hee, who looks back at her with affectionate eyes, sparking off a special feeling between the two. Great expectations are set on this couple as they make our hearts flutter by simply having a meal.

When asked on how she felt about Jung Hae In, Son Ye Jin complimented him, saying, “I like that he is well-mannered and seems more matured than his age. From the start, I felt like he was an exact match to Seo Joon Hee’s character. I can naturally sense his emotions without [him] getting into the character.”

At the same time, Jung Hae In shared, “When I first met Son Ye Jin, she made me feel comfortable, which made acting naturally likewise. Both Son Ye Jin and I laugh easily, which made the set enjoyable.” With their great chemistry, it is no wonder staff members mentioned, “From the very beginning, the set was completely filled with the actors’ lovable chemistry.”

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” is written by Kim Eun and directed by Ahn Pan Seok, whose previous works include “Behind the White Tower,” “A Wife’s Credentials,” “Secret Love Affair,” and “Heard It Through the Grapevine.”

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” will air in March, after “Misty” concludes its run.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/26/son-ye-jin-jung-hae-exude-chemistry-sharing-meal-upcoming-jtbc-drama/

Archived