[Drama 2017-2018] Jugglers 저글러스

Go Seung Ji

I meant more that the writer is going down this route. Sometimes Kdramas make the girl sound so naive and have no physical attraction towards the guy. Like not even hand holding.

Me on the other hand was watching going " wow. "  All from one rainy hug. And a kiss. Must have been some confirmation kiss. Way more than shown on screen.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Silly rabbit! Only bad girls have hormones! Kissing your rich Adonis of an adoring boyfriend will make you wanton Harlot!! 

Serously K drama heroines are still good  moral girls but usually portrayed much more  realistically than just 3 or 4 years ago. When you got a hot chiseled chaebol  who wants to just holds hands ?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

BoNa has never really seemed liked a true friend to YY. She always seemed a little jealous of her; however, I also feel very sorry for her too. She's working hard and putting up with a lot to help support her family. It's very obvious that she loves her father. I will say that I didn't like the fact that she didn't acknowledge her father. Maybe she's worried about her petty boss  thinking even more less of her.

Then I lost some of my pity for her when she cried and said it was too hard for her....not sure if she was talking about her job or being the child of a deaf father. The actor playing her father is great--he pulls as my heartstring.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

BoNa has never really seemed liked a true friend to YY. She always seemed a little jealous of her; however, I also feel very sorry for her too. She's working hard and putting up with a lot to help support her family. It's very obvious that she loves her father. I will say that I didn't like the fact that she didn't acknowledge her father. Maybe she's worried about her petty boss  thinking even more less of her.

Then I lost some of my pity for her when she cried and said it was too hard for her....not sure if she was talking about her job or being the child of a death father. The actor playing her father is great--he pulls as my heartstring.

Agree that BoNa is not like a true friend to YY.

But I think it was a wise choice for BoNa not to acknowledge her father in front of her boss. That wouldn't help anything in that situation.

1. As you have said, her boss will look down on her more because of her deaf father.

2. Her boss is very suspicious. He will suspect her purpose of bringing her father into the office and her loyalty. Then she will lose her boss' trust.

3. Her deaf father is her weak point. Her boss may make use of this fact to force her to do something bad. I don't think her office is a pleasant work place to reveal her personal family background.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

Then I lost some of my pity for her when she cried and said it was too hard for her....not sure if she was talking about her job or being the child of a death father. The actor playing her father is great--he pulls as my heartstring.

Same here! I did feel like BN wasn't really a friend to YY. but after ep 10 I kinda feel for her. She does have a lot going on and it's only natural for her to protect her job. she must probably be the only breadwinner for her family. 

Jealousy is all part of human nature. To say that even good close friends shouldn't feel jealous of their well off friends, could be wishful thinking. Speaking from experience, I remember back in college when my best friend got better grades than me and I became jealous of her. Even though she is my best friend, I still felt jealous of her.

We are still friends till today but what made the difference I think in our case was that I had to acknowledge some insecurities that I felt that was from within myself. Also, I did flare up at her once before but I realised that my friendship was more important to me than some petty jealousy. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, triplem said:

Gosh this man...he did not get her hint that she wanted some skinship at first...but he came through with the kiss 

The kiss scene gif...

In Black & White...

Hide contents

This was most unexpected

OHHH... So I am not the only one who feel the sudden connection of CW & Wang Bi after the song...their gazes make me feel uneasy...

Hope the writer wont change OTP at the last moment...don't want to see the same ending of High Kick 2 here...

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images/gifs. Thanks.
  • Like 6

17802cdfd8c1a3f13787cbc9f69e7b9f.jpgd510b2ddce62b5b30b482900e09e5c08.jpg27e33c45559a56d5631ddfe1028453df.jpg

Spoiler

304778b0bcfbbb898fe47ad71fead3b5.jpg

You may seem indifferent

You may try to seem strong

But in my eyes, you’re like a baby

When you give me your sugar smile

It’s like my heart is laughing at me

My heart is under a spell, every day I’m your love

Always thinking the same thing

I wonder what you’re doing now

My head is 100% filled with your photos

Should I confess to you?

What if you reject me?

I don’t have a plan B

What if things get awkward?

(If you didn’t like me)

You wouldn’t have asked me to the movies

Or contacted me first

You may seem indifferent

everyday everyday everyday everyday

Stay with me, I will be your love

What if this is just my misunderstanding?

I couldn’t believe that you liked me too

Should I hold your hand? It’s only us two

A rain shower suddenly fell

Why was I so thankful for that?

(If I didn’t like you)

I wouldn’t have memorized the license plate

Of the taxi you took late at night

You may seem indifferent

Till the last moment

I will stay with you

Things I haven’t done before

Laughter I haven’t had before

In front of you, things change

You may seem indifferent

everyday everyday everyday everyday

Stay with me, I will be your love

(Ost 5 eng lyrics )

• Like 8

Choi Daniel is getting more handsome every episodes.  Baek Jin Hee is so delightful to watch.  They are really a match and complements each other.  I love watching this show.  The story is so far very good and interesting.  Keep up the good work!  The cast, namely the group of friends and office mates are all hilarious.  I love watching them.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, 12blbl said:

So what i take about CW explanation regarding his failed marriage that he didn't love his ex wife enough to maintain his marriage. 

I think he is saying something like, in every relationship there is give and take. He couldn't give what his wife really wanted, so he was always on the receiving end; I believe he was talking about not just love but everything that is involve in making a relationship work.

As such, eventually he began to feel more and more guilty over the years while his wife began to resent him for not being able to give her what she wanted.

And eventually the relationship fell. Like CW said, it wasnt because they hated each other but i think the main reason is that CW couldnt me the man that his wife wanted and vice versa.

6 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I really am at a 50-50 about BN. As much as i feel for sure situation, being in a workplace where her boss treats her like trash; having a father who needs financial support and having a friend that to her; doing her work seems like an easy task as compared to BN's own situation.

I really do feel bad for her and i know she is struggling with helping her family. But somehow BN's situation also makes her the most desperate and also someone with tunnel vision. She does not seem to realise that everyone has their own personal struggle; to BN her situation seems more dire than others. What I think she does not seem to realise is that YY, JA and even CW himself all have their own personal struggles; have their own enemies they have to face and bring down.

I do fear that because BN feels that pressure and now that her rivalry with YY has really reached a peak; she will really begin to betray that friendship.

• Like 7

So this craftsman is Bona's father. Finally I know why he did not answer when Yool asked him. He is deaf (Episode 5)

Image may contain: 1 person, text

He came to the office and brought JSM's shoes after being repaired (Episode 10)

Spoiler

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and text

Image may contain: 2 people

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Thought for the day (after watching last night's ep with subbed)

Based on the last scene, I guess in the next 6 eps, we will be shown with the "drama" part of this drama after 10 eps of rom-com..(but then again I do hope the writer will keep this as light as possible,so that we can still enjoy the sweet but comedic story line so far)

So, my mind was thinking after watching this, what will be the "drama(s)" or the obstacles the couple need to face to ensure their newfound relationship will survive? I've list a few here..feel free to add in, in case I mean anything (and note that the list is in no particular order...just what comes into my mind)

But first, I think we should keep in mind, the theme of our OTP so farvis "Who loves more?" and based on latest ep, another theme comes to my mind is "Is it LOVE or PITY?" (btw @triplem..I totally agree with you chinggu. I love the fact that the lead male falls in love first and the drama has managed to show how his character has grown to someone charming, attentive and soft at heart because of his new love. This makes all the moments so heart fluttering because we can see someone who is not used to express his feelings openly , doing something that beyond himself. That's cool)

Anyway, here are the list:

Obstacle 1: Do Hee (the ex-wife).

Although I dont think she is a direct threat but in the last ep she felt like a threat to YY. YY might feel insecure again. This is when I think NCW play a major role to ensure her that DH is not a threat. We might see sweet moments of a man trying to convince his love that she is the only one in his heart. This is also when we will see that NCW is the one who loves more. IMO,  insecurity is still not a sign that she loves him as much or more but just a sign that she is afraid she wont be at par with the ex-wife. It is still about her, not him. In addition, there is that issue of NCW still feeling guilty about divorcing his ex-wife because she is too good for him (#cue Urban Zakappa "I dont love you" song..hehehe). This will the basis of YY's insecurity since she claimed her expertise is to see the flaws of others and then help them with the flaws. There is a possibility that NCW's wife is a perfect figure that everyone would somehow convince her that NCW is better off with the ex-wife. Again, NCW play a major role here.

Obstacle 2: YY's Mom

This is an obstacle from the beginning because the Mom was over worrying things esp the fact that NCW is a divorcee. I can actually understand this issue because my Mom had the same attitude. But my mom's worry is that if the ex-wife is still single, chances are they might get back together. After all, the ex-wife might be the first love and first love is hard to forget. The only thing, YY's mom mentioned that the reason she was against a divorcee because she thinks the reason anyone got divorced because the person is not a good person (which I can't relate so much..but then again everyone is entitled to their own reasons). BUT, I also dont think this is a big obstacle. So far YY seemed to be stronger than her mom. Despite sometimes she tend to follow what her mom said but eventually she end up doing her own things. All NCW need to do is convince the mom that he really loves YY and that should not be a problem since he loves her more. It is obvious

Obstacle 3: Manager Director "Jerkface" (I cant seem to remember his name very well. All the villains have the same effect on me..hehehe)

Once he confirmed that they are having relationship, he would somehow manipulate the situation to get rid of NCW. That is so obvious. In this case I think both NCW and YY will definitely try to do something for each other. IMO, NCW will use his wittiness in handling difficult issues (which he learned when he was a reporter) to counter him. BUT, I have a feeling that YY will succumb to self-sacrifice in order to save NCW. Probably, if this happen, then we can see her love is already beyond herself and at par with him.

Obstacle 4: YY's friends

The obvious one would be Bona. Last epwe can see that she is actually jealous that YY managed to get a really great boss who cares about her..unlike her boss. One part of me can understand that but the other part of me feel that she is being selfish. Instead of feeling jealous, and knowing that YY is such a sympathetic person, I would have be truthful about how I feel and ask YY to help her to transfer dept. But I have more to say about Bona (which I will write as a side note). The other friend Kyung Rae is also an obstacle, but she is not a direct threat too. But I believe she will be the one "drumming" in YY's head to do the "right" thing @ self-sacrifice. She seemed to be tomboyish but she also seemed to be reckless about her thoughts that any word that came out from her mouth would pierce anyone's heart esp YY. But I think she would also be the one convincing YY's mom about NCW later on. I dont see WMA as an obstacle but will be YY's confidential. 

Obstacle 5: The Hwangbo Family

The elders in the family has been waiting for one mistake by NCW to get rid of him. Since, maybe, the Jerkface might manipulate the relationship to appear as against the law or rule or company's policy, the family will use this against NCW. I think this is also where YY's self-sacrifice seemed to be justified. Maybe, at this point too, we will get her realization that she loves him truthfully and not just pity.

Obstacle 6: Chump Woo (the ex-bf)

This one also another obvious obstacle but IMO, also not a direct threat. Despite some of the views that he might be one of the tale tellers, I was not convince though. I think he loves her enough not to hurt her that way. He definitely was not the one taking the pic because he knew about them living together only when he visited her on new year. But he will be the "comedic" obstacle, the competition to NCW..but then he will be her supporter too after he realised how much she loves NCW, and not pity (like the way she was with him before)

Obstacle 7: The office mates

YY's office mates will be her side obstacles. They will be actually just following where the wind blows. If Manager Jerkface make a big deal about the relationship, they might follow suit with their own opinions but eventually they will end up supporting the OTP. After all, NCW changed a lot after YY came, plus the new year gifts and the outings, which proved to be very beneficial for them. Hence, they will be the supporters later on (except for one - the real tale teller, whom I think one of those who rarely appear on the screen alone. The writer might want to surprise us. But then again, I might be wrong)

Obstacle 8: YY

I purposely put this as the last because I think she is the biggest obstacle to her own relationship. In last ep, CW pointed that out, about her falling in love out of pity. I think I too pointed that out before about how she express her caring and loving side almost similarly to everyone, that the fine line which divides between love and pity seemed blurry for her. NCW, again, reiterate that when he was lying on her lap (after being so drunk). He told her to not disappear after doing all the usual things she did for someone she love. Implying that once she find there is nothing for her to help anymore, she will just leave. This is the main different between falling in love out of pity or not. Also, what Bona said during their argument. She said that every boss will fall for YY's charm because that is YY's expertise..making people fall in love with everything she does for them. Implying that it is not a surprise for NCW to fall in love with her. She is too caring and loving. But she is like that with everyone. The surprising part will be when YY finally admit that it is her who loves him more (if the writer chose this path). That will bring Bona's opinion about this issue to the ground. Also, YY's insecurity is about her, not NCW. She did say she wants to have a bf, she wants to date just like others and to have someone like NCW to confess to her first, is like getting a bonus which she will enjoy at the beginning but later felt burden because of all the obstacles. Now, the challenge for the writer is to level up YY's affection for NCW, even with the obstacles. And I think this will be the basic premise for all the other obstacles - i.e how YY react to all the issues.

To sum up, the next 6 episode we will see how these obstacles be tackled with and I do hope, despite my "grim" review, the writer and PD nim would still maintain the comedic vibe, so that the issues will be tackled with lighter mood..so as not to spoil the rom-com genre of this drama which I enjoyed so far

On the side note:

1. I actually can understand Bona in this ep. Although she appear selfish and self-absorbed but we were also shown the reason why. Her circumstances influence her to be who she is. The burden of taking care of a hearing impaired father and to work for Manager Jerface at the same time can get to anyone. As a character, the only flaw she had was how she react to her circumstances. Instead of being truthful about her frustration of having Jerkface as a boss, she vent it through jealousy. Instead of telling her friends about why she really wants to be successful (because of her father), she vent her anger towards blaming YY for all her misfortune. To some, this might be her acting so unfriend-like. But this is also her being a human who is not perfect. Hence, YY was correct to point out that she was also not being a good friend because she failed to catch on Bona's frustration. I also think if YY confront Bona by being more understanding, we can see Bona turning over and help YY on her issues with Jerkface later on. And then the part when she was with her Dad. I think that is the only part that makes me cry throughout this drama. Most of the time I was crying tears of laughter but during her interaction with her Dad, I actually felt sad for her. As a an actress, on the other hand, the one playing Bona actually slightly amazed me last ep. She is quite multi talented and not to mention, she can speak English really well. But what gets me was when she did the sign language. It was clear and confident (as far as I know of sign languages). I am surprised not many production exploit this part of her talents in the last few drama I saw of her. The last one I remember what the Gentleman of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop. Up till now, I think she played a lot of antagonist role. I would wish a production will take her as the lead role one day and use her multi-lingual talents.

2. I also like the dynamic between MWA and Hwangbo Yool in the last ep. I like that MWA is beginning to be more confident of her role as her boss' assistant. I like the part when she stand up for him. She provide every reason for him to fall in love with her later on. I would want to see that, though I doubt it will be tackled in depth.

3. I also like Manager Gong Yoo. I think his comic relief provide the basis of office comedy for this drama. I enjoyed every time he appear on the screen esp when he misunderstood any situations..hehehe

Anyway..sorry for the long post..just my 2 cents..

#Lovethedrama

#NamYoon Couple  #WonYi Couple  #ChoiHee Couple  #TheFuzzySlippers Couple #MrNitPickRaccoon Couple #JugglingCouple (hehe..just listing down some of the names I saw in a few forums of this drama so far)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Just watched ep 10 and its freaking hilarious I can't stop laughing at YY and her cute antics. Who knew CW can be that adorable when in love mwahahaha. 

I'm not worried for what may come at them especially that the ex wife re enter CW's life because if you guys can remember, Ex wife called before and had a conversation with CW. Ex FIL inquired what they talked about and CW said to FIL that he can asked his daughter himself. I believe ex wife has moved on and is planning to marry someone else. That is the vibe that I'm getting. Maybe ex wife wanted to see CW one last time and also wish CW happiness that is why they'll have some dinner or something. Of course there will be angst but I do believe in writer nim that it won't be draggy like the usual kdrama does. This writer is good in using the same and old drama tropes but what makes it refreshing is how the actor recreate the usual and cliche drama tropes. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sophierai21 said:

Same here! I did feel like BN wasn't really a friend to YY. but after ep 10 I kinda feel for her. She does have a lot going on and it's only natural for her to protect her job. she must probably be the only breadwinner for her family. 

Jealousy is all part of human nature. To say that even good close friends shouldn't feel jealous of their well off friends, could be wishful thinking. Speaking from experience, I remember back in college when my best friend got better grades than me and I became jealous of her. Even though she is my best friend, I still felt jealous of her.

We are still friends till today but what made the difference I think in our case was that I had to acknowledge some insecurities that I felt that was from within myself. Also, I did flare up at her once before but I realised that my friendship was more important to me than some petty jealousy. 

I agree that it's normal to feel a little envious or 'wish it was me' syndrome. I can honestly say though that I never wished for my friends to fail. Their misery became my misery and vice versa. In this drama, BN seems like she was happy or pleased when things might go bad for YY.  YY was upset at knowing that she might have hurt her friend. She couldn't even enjoy her meal or their success in protecting the company's reputation. BN at this point just wants to be successful that she's not even trying to be the voice of reason with her boss, she's determined to be his accomplice in crime.

The friends are different in how they support their bosses:

YY - wants to be the voice of reason to help guide her boss which makes him better

JA - wants to please her boss, but at the same time wants him to succeed and believes in him, an encourager

BN - wants to please her boss and therefore goes along with whatever he does, even if it's wrong. 

BN could transfer but she doesn't to because she wants to climb with him. However, each person has to determine what the price of their success should be. YY had to learn the hard way that success at the cost of your own moral compass is futile. She lost her job, had her boss betray her,  and she was accused of having an affair with her boss. This was all due to her actively working to deceive her boss' wife to cover up his multiple affairs and his bad behavior.  I think for the first YY is truly understanding and appreciating what it's like to be a real assistant in the workplace.

Side note:  I don't think I would be happy with the close relationship my boyfriend has with his ex-wife. It's not a stand back, "how are you doing" type of friendship. It's a "warm hug, touchy, let me get the lint off your clothes as we walk arm in arm" kind of friendship. He divorced his wife and gave her everything because he felt he wasn't good enough for her (that in itself denotes love). Not sure what message the writer is trying to deliver, but I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where the man may be divided emotionally between two women. Old flames can reignite.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Watched Ep 10. That moment between CW and Wang BI (Jung Ae) was funny. It just highlighted that they were of a similar age and both are like kids who like the same anime 'Slam Dunk'.

Being a fan of the real person, I had to lol at this,

Nqy2JW.png

mwsON3.png

And I think Yul is going to be the first one to confirm this office romance.

YbFqPe.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 5