[Drama 2017-2018] Jugglers 저글러스

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

I agree that it's normal to feel a little envious or 'wish it was me' syndrome. I can honestly say though that I never wished for my friends to fail. Their misery became my misery and vice versa. In this drama, BN seems like she was happy or pleased when things might go bad for YY.  YY was upset at knowing that she might have hurt her friend. She couldn't even enjoy her meal or their success in protecting the company's reputation. BN at this point just wants to be successful that she's not even trying to be the voice of reason with her boss, she's determined to be his accomplice in crime.

The friends are different in how they support their bosses:

YY - wants to be the voice of reason to help guide her boss which makes him better

JA - wants to please her boss, but at the same time wants him to succeed and believes in him, an encourager

BN - wants to please her boss and therefore goes along with whatever he does, even if it's wrong. 

BN could transfer but she doesn't to because she wants to climb with him. However, each person has to determine what the price of their success should be. YY had to learn the hard way that success at the cost of your own moral compass is futile. She lost her job, had her boss betray her,  and she was accused of having an affair with her boss. This was all due to her actively working to deceive her boss' wife to cover up his multiple affairs and his bad behavior.  I think for the first YY is truly understanding and appreciating what it's like to be a real assistant in the workplace.

Side note:  I don't think I would be happy with the close relationship my boyfriend has with his ex-wife. It's not a stand back, "how are you doing" type of friendship. It's a "warm hug, touchy, let me get the lint off your clothes as we walk arm in arm" kind of friendship. He divorced his wife and gave her everything because he felt he wasn't good enough for her (that in itself denotes love). Not sure what message the writer is trying to deliver, but I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where the man may be divided emotionally between two women. Old flames can reignite.

Yeah, BN was envious of YY to the point that she was already competing with her. when the company had the BBA she was all ready to play the "my horse is bigger than yours" game.

But I do hope that these two talk it out and communicate to each other how they feel rather than just assume how the other would feel. I think there was a similar plot in She Was Pretty where the 2nd female was jealous of HJ (female lead) because the male lead was in love with HJ. They did work it out with each other and were still friends by the end of it. Really do hope that is the case as well for YY and BN. 

Side note: me too!!! I would feel uncomfortable if the guy I'm seeing has an ex wife. More so if they are that close even after the divorce. CW's kindness tho. He gave everything to his ex :o

• Like 7

1 hour ago, triplem said:

@inna75 I thoroughly enjoyed your recent post and the list of obstacles were daebak! Our last office drama together was Radiant Office and I enjoyed reading you there as well. So glad you are on board with us! There's nothing more I can add , I agree with them all...especially with the possibility of YY being her own greatest enemy. I am hopeful that NCW being the more experienced one here will help them steer  through these initial choppy waters.  Actually when two ex spouses can be so comfortable with each other, it can be viewed that they have passed the stage where there are feelings left. If they still have feelings for each other, there will actually be more awkwardness. So I am hoping that is the case here. 

In the last 10 eps we see the writer build the foundation for us with regards to NCW's change in personality and his feelings for YY. So now it's time to see YY's side of the story. Does she really like NCW or is it just being caught in a moment of giddiness from the sudden romantic attention she has been showered with? So I think that's where the writer will take the story.  Anyway from what we have been shown the angst won't be that heavy. So far the tone of the drama has been light, fun and heartwarming.

Hehe..tqvm chinggu, though excuse the many typo errors..too many for me to edit..hehehe..enjoy your recaps too..help me through the live show..

Actually this show do remind me about Radiant Office especially Kkot Bi, the diligent assistant of the director..hehehe..If I'm not mistaken there was someone in soompi who was so into that girl. I sort of presumed this drama is actually a spin off from her character...:D

@lclarakl and @sophierai21..agree on the side notes..esp if the ex-wife is perfect in every way..and the only reason she was divorced because her perfection made the guy feel less of himself..the minute he levelled up to her, his dilemma kick in..(that was the case with my ex-bf too..hehehe..and that's why he's an ex-bf now..hahaha)

Even so, if NCW was the guy in this situation, I would not worry so much if I was YY because I should be assured that NCW changed because of me (as YY) and not his ex-wife. Hence, I know in his heart, there will be only me. But the issue here is YY's character in this drama. Even she is all about positive and confident but there are too many times when her confident was shaken due to trivial matters. Plus that blurry line she seemed to have in her between believing that she is actually in love or just in love out of pity, which will somehow affect her judgement later. So the question now is how much faith does she has on NCW to not question his feeling? That is the obstacle related to his ex-wife actually...

• Like 8

I think the writer takes the philosophy of a pair of shoes on the relationship between boss and secretary in this drama.

So, if we look closely, as a manifestation of that philosophy, we see many shoes as an important thing often seen in this drama, whether it is just as a property or as part of the story.

- When Yool and JA met the craftsman to fix JA's shoe sole.
- NCW couldn't fulfill YY's invitation to go to lunch, in return for his 100 Q & A, because he would go to take his repaired shoes. 
- NCW suggested YY to use a low heel, because he didn't like the sound of her shoes when walking.
- Shoes became a topic presented by YY, when she had to describe how her boss cared for her in the BB Award,
- YY lost her shoes when wife of her former boss attacked her in the Hotel restaurant.
- YY's shoes slipped from her feet when she was attacked by assistant's squad after the meeting
- JA waited in line to get a pair of limited edition shoes
- When JA got her first salary, she wanted to buy her son a new pair of shoes (JA told him that she would throw his old shoes), she asked Yool where she could get the the latest style, and it turned out Yool mistook. He thought she wanted to buy a new shoes for him. 

Maybe we'll still find things around a pair of shoes in the upcoming episode.

This is my little quote about a pair of shoes:

"The Philosophy of a pair of shoes"

The best couple is like a pair of shoes.
The shape is not exactly the same but harmonious.
When walking looks not compact but the same purpose.
Never change position, but complement each other.
Always equal is lower or higher.
When one is missing the other has no meaning.

The opening of the drama

Image may contain: one or more people and shoes

No automatic alt text available.

Spoiler

Image may contain: one or more people

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and suit

Spoiler

Image may contain: one or more people and shoes

Spoiler

Image may contain: shoes

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
Please put any images above 3 in spoiler. Thanks.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Tsk that damn Mr. Cho is some nasty piece of work!:angry: Bona's Dad is hearing/speech impaired:( 

LoL I cringed SO hard in ep.10 thanks to Yuni/Chiwon's cuteness overload or should I say Mr. Nitpick & Ms. Raccoon:w00t:

Hot damn Director Yool look mighty fine in a suit^_^

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

[Ratings] "Jugglers" Choi Daniel and Baek Jin-hee's Romance Raise Ratings

photo927108.jpg

"Jugglers" came in first with 9.4%, according to Nielsen Korea nationwide. This is 1.3% higher than the previous episode and it's the highest figure in this time slot.

On the tenth episode of "Jugglers" Nam Chi-won (Choi Daniel) and Ja Yoon (Baek Jin-hee) started a secret relationship in the office.

MBC drama "Two Cops" came in next with 6.3% and 7.7% while SBS drama "Doubtful Victory" rated 6.0% and 6.5%.

• Like 9

I have watched 7-8 episodes numerous times and portions of episode 1-6 as I can’t get enough of their cuteness and no matter how many times I watched the writernim made sure that male lead NCW is not impulsive in his feelings, emotions and actions.  He think through his actions and responses except his “past scars” that still leave him uncontrollable.  

NCW also does not like to work at YB but the elders are making him work for a year. It’s the condition of his divorce.  They are making sure that their clan will not be forever heirs of slaves without honor but slaves with honor that’s why they want the corruption to stop already. (I hope I am correct; pardon me if my thoughts are in correct). 

YY has a lot of sacrifice because — she got off her comfort zone——falling in love with  the no-no people.  But I am okay with how their love development because the male lead provided his assurance that his feelings is not due to impulsiveness. He cannot change overnight, no one can.  

Yool — change because someone now believe him. He only needs one person for him to be serious.  He is brainy but his scars of no physical family made him pretend he is okay when he is not. 

YY’s friends are no doubt true friends even Bona but because she has so many insecurities these tends her to be jealous all the time and this eats her responses; but she listens and realise things. Her friends do not give up easily that’s why they are intact. 

NCW and JA singing Slam Dunk — they are  just two formerly scarred married persons.  No OTP changes :).

thanks @triplem and everyone for making live recaps and POVs. They are all valuable to me.  Feel free to correct if my thoughts are incorrect. 

• Like 8

Hi all! Ive been (mostly) a silent reader of the various threads for dramas that i watch. I watch them all live and with subs the next day, luckily i have access to viu. I wonder why this thread isnt moving on quickly as it seems to be popular in korea but perhaps not as much internationally? 

Anyways, im enjoying the show. Its really cute and funny, loving CW and YY and also Yool and Wang Bi. I never knew Haru's mom could act sooo well and so different from her real self. Even the evil Cho is funny when being evil and if anyone has watched return of superman, he's such a softie in real life so its so difficult to hate the character he's playing. All i can see is the actor playing a part comedy role. 

Anyway i decided to stop lurking around silently cos i just had to say something as well after reading the recent posts regarding CW and his ex-wife. Ever since he told YY about his marriage in the bus, i have a weird feeling about CW. He said his ex-wife is too good for him and like what @lclarakl mentioned, it is love, to whatever extend it is. So then immediately as i heard that, my thoughts were, is YY not as great? If I were YY and i heard that, i would straightaway think to myself if im not that great thats why he wants to be with me. 

Perhaps he sees YY equal to himself and his ex-wife higher than him but still, its a pretty crushing thing to hear for any girl. I would just lose confidence in myself. I wished his reason for the divorce was due to them having contrasting personalities  or like his FIL mentioned, his daughter's flaw was being not detailed enough which would not sit well with CW who is detailed and is a strong point of YY. 

Perhaps ive been spoilt after watching Because this is my first life where the guys are all just superb. I think I would much prefer the way Nam Se Hee handled his past love as compared to what CW is doing here. Im really scared of future angsts to come in the show since there's been foreshadowing in the latest episode. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, sassybella said:

Anyway i decided to stop lurking around silently cos i just had to say something as well after reading the recent posts regarding CW and his ex-wife. Ever since he told YY about his marriage in the bus, i have a weird feeling about CW. He said his ex-wife is too good for him and like what @lclarakl mentioned, it is love, to whatever extend it is. So then immediately as i heard that, my thoughts were, is YY not as great? If I were YY and i heard that, i would straightaway think to myself if im not that great thats why he wants to be with me. 

Perhaps he sees YY equal to himself and his ex-wife higher than him but still, its a pretty crushing thing to hear for any girl. I would just lose confidence in myself. I wished his reason for the divorce was due to them having contrasting personalities  or like his FIL mentioned, his daughter's flaw was being not detailed enough which would not sit well with CW who is detailed and is a strong point of YY. 

@sassybella, OMG, you have captured exactly what I was thinking, but didn't say it. I don't know what woman wants to hear that from a man she liked. He's basically saying, that YY is not on the same level as his ex.....she's better.  This could be a blow to a woman's confidence. I hope the writer make up for this somehow. 

• Like 4

**So the next stage of YY and CW is about dealing with the ex-wife.  Could also be YY’s ex BF who might create some trouble too?  I couldn’t hardly wait to see this office hoopla with YY’s lipstick note.  Poor YY she lost her  sanity for CW.  haha  :tongue:

written preview EP11 

YY has been feeling anxious all day long after seeing CW going out with his ex-wife, Do-hee.
After hesitation she makes a call to CW asking where he is, but she hears the voice of his ex-wife over the phone. Now, YY’s anxiety grows ...
Office clerks give out rewards for capturing an in-house affair with a clue from the lipstick note.

On the other hand, Joo Jeon-moo is worried that the new position for the vice-president will be lost to CW,  and starts searching for a new tactic ...

wTNwcIG.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Didn't Bona speak to her dad over the phone in episode 8? He told her the landlord wanted to raise the deposit. I was surprised that he can't speak. Bona feels that life is unfair to her. Her boss treats her badly and looks down on her. Her parents are not well off and she's had a hard life. In her eyes, YY is blessed with good luck. She has a great and protective boss, has no financial problems, has a caring mother. She resents YY for these reasons.

• Like 4

I’m still wondering who ruined the presentation and put the USB with news of CWs parents. I think it’s maybe YYs ex bf or her friend BN cause when they were eating steak and tried to sneak out when BN and cho were there too, he was praising her about the presentation and maybe it was meant to be about that? I don’t know.

So the bus scene, I think I interpreted it differently than you guys. If I understand correctly, many of you think he meant that his ex wife was Out of his league and YY is more to his level? 

I think he was explaining how she had loved him more than he had and that’s why they divorced. I think in the past, he was raised by her father and grew up with her so it became a kind of like automatic thing that they would get married and he went along with it cause he has no family and that way he could have one. But then I think their marriage didn’t work out because he wasn’t IN love with her, just loved her like he does his FIL cause he doesn’t have any fam. I don’t know, that’s what I hope it all meant.

i get sad when couples have a past love history that can cause problems in the present. I always have a fear that if I date someone they may still be in love with their ex or they wouldn’t be able to love me ‘more’ than they loved their ex. It’s really hard to deal with this stuff but I like how CW worded it when he was resting in her lap and asked her if she would do the same things to him as her ex like leave lotsa missed calls and give him allowance. In the end, we all yearn to be treated as good by our current love as they treated their past love.

• Like 7

Thank you for everyone's posts on this thread. I'm watching Jugglers and lurking on the forum.  I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this show!  I'm not usually big on romcoms because I find most shows either go to far in the "rom" direction and neglect the "com" or vice versa and spend too much time on the humour that I cannot get invested in or believe in the romance. but this show is great in that every single episode has me laughing out loud many times but I am still so invested and adoring the romance between Yoon Yi and Chi Won.  I've seen some have criticised it for being formulaic and cliche but I think it has been elevated by the excellent performances by the whole cast, directing and I think the writing is more intelligent and incisive than some naysayers have given it credit for.

I just wanted to delurk regarding the discussion about CW's feelings for  ex-wife (Do Hee) as there seem to be differing interpretations of what he meant.  I think some of it is down to translation too.  Some are interpreting it as CW saying she was too good for him as in she was out of his league but what CW said was that she was too good TO him which is a very different meaning.  Chi Won's words were 

"she was too good to me.  I had nothing to give her, but she gave too much..."

I think he means emotionally. They weren't on the same wavelength emotionally as she was in love with him and committed to their marriage whereas he couldn't love or open up to her to make their marriage work. This is the complete opposite to his relationship with Yoon Yi now where he is actually in love (I assume for the first time ever) and he is willing to open up, take risks and reciprocate emotionally.

6 hours ago, philosophie said:

So the bus scene, I think I interpreted it differently than you guys. If I understand correctly, many of you think he meant that his ex wife was Out of his league and YY is more to his level? 

I think he was explaining how she had loved him more than he had and that’s why they divorced. I think in the past, he was raised by her father and grew up with her so it became a kind of like automatic thing that they would get married and he went along with it cause he has no family and that way he could have one. But then I think their marriage didn’t work out because he wasn’t IN love with her, just loved her like he does his FIL cause he doesn’t have any fam. I don’t know, that’s what I hope it all meant.

I personally interpreted in a similar way as @philosophie that he was sorry and guilty towards his ex-wife because he couldn't love her as much or in the way she loved him and the way she deserved to be loved as his wedded wife because he wasn't really in love her. 

I see a scenario the same as @philosophie .  The VP as his uncle's close friend would have been the closest thing he had to family after his uncle's death wand he would have grown up with Do Hee since childhood, everyone thinking they'd make a good match, she was in love with her older, handsome charismatic oppa and he went along with it due to his relationship with VP Do and and I'm sure just like any person he wants to have a family and connection to people too.  But the reality of a marriage was hard work especially as we know is a stand up, honorable person so he must have felt very guilty seeing Do Hee loving him and trying to make their marriage work and he was unable to put in that same effort in or reciprocate her feelings.  Meanwhile his ex-wife was giving her all and probably feeling sad, angry, resentful, and inadequate that she isn't enough for him and I'm sure it made for a very unhappy atmosphere.

Remember how VP Do shouted at CW  for not putting effort into their marriage and that's why his daughter is now a divorcee! The divorce must have been very painful for VP Do too because as much as he loves and cares for CW I'm sure he is angry and upset for his daughter that her marriage ended like this especially in patriarchal S.Korea where there is still stigma attached to a divorced woman and her only mistake was, unfortunately, marrying a man who couldn't love her.  No wonder CW gave her everything in the divorce out of guilt.

• Like 12

I am of the suspicion that Do Hee, the ex.  just amplifies the emotions that YY has for CW. We have seen how CW reacts when Chump, YY's ex tries to show that he is more familiar with YY. As YY's current boyfriend/lover, wouldn't that sting? Wouldn't there be insecurity since Chump is working in the same office?

Remember the scene where drunk CW laid his head on YY's lap and asks YY to take care of him, feed him etc (things she used to do for Chump - because I think he feels insecure that YY may not feel the same way and worse of all, it's not love but pity?)

I have to admit that the aegyo moments from YY was very cringeworthy (haha) and once her motto flew out the window, she went all in with displaying her affection (in a secretive manner, of course)

CW knows what will happen if people find out about their romance and it's usually the woman who gets the backlash so it's sweet he tries to protect her.

PS. I thought they should have had the lunch normally since Bo Na was also having lunch with her boss. If there is nothing to hide, then you don't need to behave like ninjas. :tongue:

• Like 9