[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

I think MW will take the blame for everything and go back to jail just to protect HR and he wants her to be happy with TW. The real murderer is still unknown but i do fear it can be TW because he was so sure that he was not going to loose the trial and the fact that there was a witness did not bother him that much he was just curious to know who that was. But, if the witness was fake and Kang Yool wanted HR to take the blame the witness will never tell that it was  a man whom he saw that night with KL. Another thing that came to my mind is does Kang Yool want to tarnish the image of TW and frame him for murder? but there is no real reason for them to do that once again it is GR that they are after.

The detective will now start obsessing over MW and go after him and both the old and new cases will be linked.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet, another question: the news director boss is he with her or against her? Are they setting up the morning anchor or is he in cohort with the big guys? For a moment, I think the detective is thinking that MW is killing another guy for HR. 

It's 3am Sunday morning here... highlights...

The black GIRL BOSS  trouser suit,

The red I CAME TO MAKE EM PAY hand bag,

The hug that reveals  everything GHR has not been saying .

2 hours ago, maddymappo said:

But in US there is something called "Discovery"    The defense atty is supposed to be given for review prior to the trial, all the evidence and the witnesses that the prosecution will bring forward. It is not supposed to be a surprise or a secret who will be testifying against the defendant. So that was putting me off through the whole episode, but it just may be that SK law allows the prosecutor to keep evidence secret. Don't know.

Lol... after watching too many American lawyer programs, that lack of discovery shocked me! I mean, what the!!! Also, didn't the detective try to find out more about what the witness knows? Or was he in the dark because the case was handed over to the prosecutor?

Worse still, didn't the prosecutor know the content of the testimony???? Why is he shocked like the rest of us??

I think the cop asked the detective to ask the witness about the gender because seeing MW at the hospital must have triggered a realisation in him.

I am therefore adding MW, Tae Wook's assistant, Tae Wook's father, any man who so much as breathed in this show,  to my suspect list.

Writer-nim seems to have said, "sit in your corner and let me tell you what happened!", with all the crazy things happening on this show. "Mtajua hamjui", you will know that you don't know! Basically. 

I think she has a background in journalism, most probably not investigative ( hahaha) but worked in a station and decided to write dramas.

35 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

It's 3am Sunday morning here... highlights...

The black GIRL BOSS  trouser suit,

The red I CAME TO MAKE EM PAY hand bag,

The hug that reveals  everything GHR has not been saying .

Lol... after watching too many American lawyer programs, that lack of discovery shocked me! I mean, what the!!! Also, didn't the detective try to find out more about what the witness knows? Or was he in the dark because the case was handed over to the prosecutor?

Worse still, didn't the prosecutor know the content of the testimony???? Why is he shocked like the rest of us??

I think the cop asked the detective to ask the witness about the gender because seeing MW at the hospital must have triggered a realisation in him.

I am therefore adding MW, Tae Wook's assistant, Tae Wook's father, any man who so much as breathed in this show,  to my suspect list.

Writer-nim seems to have said, "sit in your corner and let me tell you what happened!", with all the crazy things happening on this show. "Mtajua hamjui", you will know that you don't know! Basically. 

I think she has a background in journalism, most probably not investigative ( hahaha) but worked in a station and decided to write dramas.

All I can say is - yes. Why was the prosecutor shocked when he was his witness?  Was it a last minute change of testimony?  MW was in jail when KL died - so it is a very low probability it was him. But perhaps - MW found out who the witness is? and MW threatened the witness to change his testimony and pin it on Baek - hence  "That's done" when MW killed him (I think).  Then it would be "over and done"  because Baek can't say it wasn't him. 

but another theory is that the prosecutor hates TW even more than he wants to implicate HR - because ultimately TW is to the manor born regarding the golden door club.  (although that theory is necessarily weakened because Hr has smeared the powers that be - and that disfavor also puts TW on the outs with them especially because he defends her).

My read of the preview:

Hye Ran told her boss to betray her

I believe the two of them are on the same side and the one they want to f around with is the Vice President and his gang.

The preview shows the noose tightening around Hye Ran. Her boss testifying against her, some unknown video clip (what???)

But Hye Ran says, “the most perfect lie can’t stand in the way of truth”

So I can only believe she has another card up her sleeves. The truth.

But for the life of me I can’t guess what that truth is...

The preview was too calm for Tae Wook to be implicated. I will also never forget that scene where he told Hye Ran that he would be her attorney even if she did kill Kevin --- so no, until now I firmly believe Tae Wook didn't do it.

But come on, I know this is drama but with the 'star witness' saying the person he saw was a man, the case against Hye Ran should have been thrashed ages ago...

As for Myung Woo, him saying 'It's over' I think he meant his affections/obsession with Hye Ran. I did think he would be the one to save Tae Wook against the attack but that 15 seconds before revealing the detective at her house had my stomach in stitches.

Last two weeks everyone, just a little more patience and we will get our answers.

Oh, and if I haven't said it before, Misty is one of the best dramas to date!

TW certainly looked guilty the way he was wringing his hands like that. With the witness saying he saw Kevin with a man it eliminated GHR. You'd think TW would be all smiles. But I don't want the murderer to be TW either!  I came to this drama for a JJH fix. Don't want his character to be the killer.

1 hour ago, ihyw said:

TW certainly looked guilty the way he was wringing his hands like that. With the witness saying he saw Kevin with a man it eliminated GHR. You'd think TW would be all smiles. But I don't want the murderer to be TW either!  I came to this drama for a JJH fix. Don't want his character to be the killer.

I think TW may have been wringing his hands and wondering just what are they trying to do now.  If it was a man the witness saw, then why didn't they release HR.  They may be trying to twist it so that TW gets blamed for the murder instead of HR.  They know HR is out to get the corrupt men in power so they may be targeting her weakness which would be TW.  I still think it was DH since he feels so guilty to EJ.  He didn't like how KL treated her so he killed KL and now wants to kill HR because KL  was still in love with her.  A week until the next episode is just too long to wait.  

23 minutes ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I think TW may have been wringing his hands and wondering just what are they trying to do now.  If it was a man the witness saw, then why didn't they release HR.  They may be trying to twist it so that TW gets blamed for the murder instead of HR.  They know HR is out to get the corrupt men in power so they may be targeting her weakness which would be TW.  I still think it was DH since he feels so guilty to EJ.  He didn't like how KL treated her so he killed KL and now wants to kill HR because KL  was still in love with her.  A week until the next episode is just too long to wait.  

That would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone. i was wondering what the deal was - they offer HR the station director position and she accepts on condition that she is cleared in the trial (she knows how to play the game - meaning she will no longer go after the steel company) -  so why bring in a witness for the prosecution then? Which is it?  But if the witness implicated TW - they catch both HR and TW in the same net.

Ack! The music really had me on edge to the point that I had to mute the sound just so I could breathe. :wink: What a nerve-wracking episode that was. And wow... nice reveal there at the end about a man meeting Kevin Lee that night. Heh. Does Detective Kang think that Tae Wook is the perp? Just because TW seems confident that he'll win the case? :D Or because he just so happen to have seen Ha Myung Woo in the hospital :wink:

For some reason I continue clinging to the possibility that nobody killed Kevin. :wink: Even if he had been murdered, it might not be any one obvious. Also, (I apologize for harping on it but) it doesn't mean that just because someone met Kevin that night between 2 and 3 am and argued with him that this person actually did him in. This show has more red herrings than a fish market because everyone seems on edge and it's so politicized that I just can't see it being any of the usual suspects. Because the Machiavellian CEO of Kang Yool seems to be playing one side against the other, it feels to me that he's doing more than protecting the top dog of Hwanil Steel. He might of course just be looking for the next Golden Door candidate or someone to become his successor at Kang Yool. :tongue: Whatever he's up to, he has another agenda going.

I am also convinced that HR and Director Jang are up to something together. There's something about the way those two are playing out their so-called occupational rivalry so publicly in the office that I'm inclined to believe that something's fishy there. We are led to think that JBC's Vice-President is another key individual that HR is trying to take down (while he's a member of the cabal that was wining and dining with Congressman Jung) and TW made mention of it. So I'm inclined to think that HR and Dir Jang are indulging in a bit of theatre as a bit of misdirection for the benefit of onlookers who are attempting to turn them against each other. While they're doing that, some other behind the scenes maneouvering might be going on.

My feeling is that there are at least two chess games overlapping each other... maybe even three. Or more. Myung Woo is obviously attempting to confuse the issue.

To me the great thing about this show is that everything that needs to be said in this show is said. This is what makes this show an adult show. Not the bedroom scenes which give new meaning to "jumping into bed". What I mean is that the show at least attempts to reflect a whole range of perspectives that aren't necessarily sympathetic to the primary protagonist.

A case in point. I'm not especially fond of TW's mother and she's a snob. But she does have a point. And she probably feels like she needs to stand up for her son's interests because in that society a loss of face is as bad as or worse than dying. From her perspective coming from that social strata and as a mother, she's very much about family pride and reputation. She might be hard to understand but even HR acknowledges the truth of the stinging criticisms which were echoed by the prosecutor's reporter wife.

I like TW a lot which is no big surprise. I know that he come across as being a bit masochistic and delusional to some people but not to me. To me he represents a kind of old fashioned gentleman... a throwback to a type of man whose word was binding for life. As he himself acknowledge, he hasn't been a great husband for a long time and stubbornly hung on because of his pride which is the other side of that coin. So it's not his devotion that I'm enamoured with. He is a rarer beast than that IMO... a man who takes his responsibilities seriously and takes responsibility. It's why he hung on to a marriage already on the way to the morgue because even though he was angry, he couldn't let it go. As long as he was the husband of GHR, his responsibility was to help her keep up appearances even while things were terrible between them and even if she didn't love him. Her loving him or not was irrelevant to some degree because that was never part of the terms of their marriage. There's nothing unusual about that. I've been witnessed to it in my extended Asian family. People in the past too tended to put up with much more than people today. 

As I said a couple of weeks back, TW rightly saw the problems of their marriage as much his fault as it was HR's. So whatever sins she might have committed while he was raging in private, he was, in his eyes, equally culpable for not meeting her emotional and physical needs. He reiterated all that in Ep. 11. 

It's nice with all that's going on around them, the show hasn't forgotten that this marriage has a lot of baggage to wade through before it reaches a point of equilibrium. I'm glad HR has told TW about MW although I don't really know why she's still holding back about her relationship with Kevin Lee. I suppose in part she might not see it as being relevant to her being a suspect and because she doesn't know that he knows about the video from the dash cam. But it did the heart good to see HR go completely nuts on the road to get to the hospital and then embrace TW for dear life once she saw him. Also nice to see was her having a turn at noble idiocy and in her own nutty way to try and kick him to the kerb... because she really loved him now, she wanted to protect him by any means possible.

I am so looking forward to the conclusion of the Kevin Lee case if for no reason than to take this out of the equation so that HR can take down the big guns who have their barrels aimed at her. For me Kevin's just a conduit and a catalyst... smoke and mirrors to take people's eyes from the real crimes that are being/ have been committed.

I'm frankly feeling like I'm missing the forest for all the trees at this point. As @40somethingahjumma said, there's so much misdirection. I also get distracted by many of the same things @maddymappo brought up (can't imagine trying to defend a client without knowing who's being called as a witness). And then there's my love for JJH and I find myself like @ihyw hoping all the time that Taewook isn't the killer. I really don't know who did it and I've stopped trying to guess. The theory that @enigmatic_zephy put forth about HR not remembering her own bad actions intrigues me though. 

My issue is that I don't quite get the motivations of many the characters. There's too much scarring, lying, resentment, non-communication, corruption, ambition, scheming...............I could go on forever, but I'm tired!

Some very random thoughts:

• Doesn't seem to me that loving HR and have manly pride are mutually exclusive, but ok. And what is MW saying about his own feelings? Is he saying he realized that he acted out of pride and not love (btw, how much manly pride does a high student have)? If so, why did he come back to help HR and not just go on with his life like she suggests?
  • How would TW seem motivated solely by manly pride when HR's supposed affair was all over the media and any normal man would have been humiliated?
  • TW's hair looked awesome and stayed in place even after they rolled in the sheets.

• HR has a very odd relationship with love and it made me wonder if she left Kevin Lee because she loved him or because she knew he'd disappoint her.

• JJH cooked steak for Haegang in "I Have a Lover" and it was just as thinly cut that time. Couldn't help but get the IHAL vibe with the "I didn't do right as your husband and will protect you" speeches.
  • Are those yellow headache pills part of the plot or just a PPL for the drama?
  • The moment where TW gives EJ the stink eye about him losing HR's case may have stuck in the detective's mind because he thinks TW will win by having MW take the fall?
  • Why does KL's manager want to kill TW too? KL was a "bad punk" to EJ, so HR and TW must die? What? HR is going to trial anyway. What's his beef with TW?
  • HR has mad skills as a stunt driver in stiletto heels. 
  • Why did MW think it necessary to kill KL's manager? To get rid of him or did he think the guy had something on TW or HR?
  • HR sits like a boss in the back seat even when TW drives her to the courthouse. Hubby chauffeur!
  • Nothing like skipping the opening statement at trial and going straight to the evidence. Okay.
  • Why is everyone surprised, including the detective and the prosecutor that the witness saw a man? Did they not question the witness before trial??? Lol. 

5 hours ago, maddymappo said:

That would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone. i was wondering what the deal was - they offer HR the station director position and she accepts on condition that she is cleared in the trial (she knows how to play the game - meaning she will no longer go after the steel company) -  so why bring in a witness for the prosecution then? Which is it?  But if the witness implicated TW - they catch both HR and TW in the same net.

I have the same thought when I was watching it. I said "wow kill two birds with one stone". Well.. This drama is not only about who is the murder of Kevin Lee, but the politic, the law, the power, the truth, the social judgement, etc. I also curious about TW hand gesture. But all I can remember that TW shouldn't be the killer.  Because when Hye Ran went to police station for the first time, I can remember that TW also curious whether Hye Ran killed him or not. So I think TW also doesn't know who the killer is. Maybe he is nervous because he was seen talking/arguing with Kevin that night? 

I want to comment something about the episode 12.

I still believe that the legal aspect of this show is frustrating to watch. The whole case is so weak that I want to give facepalms. Tae Wook becoming a suspect is not a surprise. I like that the writer built this moment.  We know that Tae Wook followed Hye Ran that day and even watched them meeting. Maybe he saw them kiss too. It was obvious that Tae Wook and Kevin Lee had a confrontation that night.

The witness saw two men arguing but my question was when was that? Tae Wook met Kevin after Hye Ran left or he had the meeting later in the night, around Kevin Lee`s death? Maybe the witness will tell us. Kevin was home when someone called him. It was said that Han Ji Won was the last person to call him but I did  not really believed that she killed him at all. The show deliberately left Tae Wook`s involvement for later, but succesfully made us wonder what makes Tae Wook tick. I had this question in my mind all alone. Why he is so dedicated to save the marriage now? Why he supports humiliation with stoicism since the scandal was public? Tae Wook must have accumulated lot of frustration since he and Hye Ran are not the persons to express themself very well. They are keeping all inside.  Yes, he loves his wife, blames her in the same time. He imagined what is the worst, and they are where they are now because they were not open with each other. In the last episode`s scene (where he cried after Hye Ran was telling him what happen with Myung Woo) Tae Wook could not hold his emotion anymore. Her words: "Why he (Myung Woo) did not believe her that nothing has happened. If he trust her, he would not killed that man" . It is happening again. It`s natural that he must have had and outburst.Tae Wook is the prime suspect at this point but I don`t think he did it. I believe the killer (if there is one) met Kevin after Tae Wook left.

Yeah... I like how they built the revelation but not how they did it. Now I want to vent a little. I don`t know anything about the legal system (except from movies and common sense) but what the hell happened? A last minute witness calls and the police doesn`t investigate his claims? He even spoke with the detective?  Kang Ki-Joon figured out that Tae Wook could be a suspect when he recognised Myung Woo. He checked when he was released from prison and because he couldn`t be the one, he thought of Tae Wook , he thought that the past is repeating itself. When the detective asked the prosecutor to ask the witness if the person arguing with Kevin Lee was a man I start laughing? Really? Why Hye Ran is on the defendant`s chair? Not to mention that the prosecutor move along the trail because one witness and they kept him hidden? The defence did not have acces of any information? And when he testifies, finally, he did not even mention Hye Ran? It is a mockery of trial in my opinion. I know that the higher ups had a plan to get Hye Ran and Tae wook down but it is still a weak case.  It is frustrating to see that they continue with this.

On the bright note, I am convinced that Hye Ran and directorJang are playing rivals for everybody to see. Go Go Go...  I loved how Hye Ran manipulated Lee Yeon-Jung. :D

Kevin lee`s manager is suspisious. He definetly has feeling for Eun Joo. He felt so guilty to even look at her and he did not take her money. He had a fight with Kevin that night too?

8 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

As for Myung Woo, him saying 'It's over' I think he meant his affections/obsession with Hye Ran. I did think he would be the one to save Tae Wook against the attack but that 15 seconds before revealing the detective at her house had my stomach in stitches.

Yes, Myung Woo knew that Tae Wook`s wound is not that bad (it is a movie so being hit with a baseball bat in the head is a minor injury... Tae Wook was released from hospital very quickly) but he alerted Hye Ran and watched her rushing to the hospital in desperation. He saw that Hye Ran indeed loves her husband. I think he wanted to protect Hye Ran, he will continue with his life only when he knows that she is on good hands.

I noticed that a few of you have mentioned the incongruity and apparent incompetence of the prosecuting counsel for bringing in a witness without first determining what exactly it was that the witness saw. It struck me as odd but then it occurred to me that this was part of CEO Kang's set up. I don't yet know what game he's playing precisely but he seemed to be playing both sides. He brought in the prosecutor to indict HR but when she made the deal with JCB's Vice-President, it was he who informed TW that she had approached Kang Yool to appoint a legal counsel on her behalf. When HR was threatening to expose the mysterious witness as a fake, the prosecutor became antsy and called CEO Kang who told him not to worry about the details... or something along those lines. I think Kang was setting the prosecutor up while pretending to give him assurances that everything was practically in the bag, as it were. Despite acting high and mighty the prosecutor is practically a stooge for these vested interests and a piddly pawn in a bigger game.

It could be a larger ploy to protect Hwanil Steel as well as HR while trying to keep her hands tied for as long as possible. Or there's something else he's scheming that's not known to us at present. :wink:

But whatever it is, we're seeing a major powerplay at work involving the manipulation of the criminal justice system.

TW dont you get it?? HR choose to protect herself and does not want to involve you becoz the last time she confided in someone, he refused to listen to her and went on to act on his own. As a result, he ended in prison for 19 years. His dreams and future destroyed. She does not want anything bad happen to you. She does not want to live with that kind of burden ever again. 

Am glad finally TW realised his mistake for the way he treated HR for the past 7 years.

Oh no did the detective get another bout of gut feelings when he saw MW??!!. And no wonder mr pompous clueless indecisive prosecutor never get invited into the golden door club. He really does know anything, is he. But mrs prosecutor keeps urging mr hubby to aim high.

What I like about HR is she never disguise her ambition to succeed . She is very upfront about it.  Unlike those women like EJ and YJ, they want to taste the sweetness of success as much as HR, but they conceals it by pushing and shoving their husband to the top and then have the cheek to badmouth HR ambition as her being greedy. 

4 hours ago, larus said:

The witness saw two men arguing but my question was when was that? Tae Wook met Kevin after Hye Ran left or he had the meeting later in the night, around Kevin Lee`s death

The witness said he was there between 2AM - 3AM that night. We don't know if TW was home when HR got home that night. We don't know what happened after TW saw KL get into HR's car.

Still on my mind

That 1 AM call to KL at home.  HJW told the detective about seeing KL during the News at  9  which is before  KL saw HR that night.  She never explained the call made after KL got home at around 1 AM.  I think her gist was - she was not the one at the JBC station who called Kevin at 1 AM - but that is a contradiction in his investigation.  If she didn't make the call from JBC station, who did?

Why did MW say "that's over" before he killed (as it appears) Baek ( did the police find Baek's body? Is he alive in the hospital?)

• MW meant his love for HR as some suggest now that he knows TW and Hr  are in love, or
  • he had threatened to kill Baek if he hurt HR and now he did it ( Baek also  knew he was going to die - why? he planned to commit suicide or he knew MW was going to kill him?)
  • or, MW fixed the witness to say he saw Baek with KL  ( and now Baek cannot testify he wasn't there)

Why did Tw cry

• Because he knows HR killed Kevin (he was there and saw her swipe at his head) and he made it look like an accident. And, now he knows from what EJ told him, that  she really did kill the jeweler and she is lying to him again.
  • Because he knows he killed KL for HR  and she has told him she didn't sleep with him but he didn't believe her.

Why did the Detective ask the Prosecutor to ask if it was a man or woman arguing with KL at the scene of the accident?

• It seems implausible that the witness testimony would not include that info anyway - what did he see? So why ask the prosecutor to specifically ask that question?  Did he think the witness would say "KL and another person" with no description? Makes no sense.
  • Did the prosecutor expect the witness to say he saw KL arguing with a woman and have the man identify  HR?  (he know KL was a famous golfer, he must know who Hr is too). 
  • Will the witness say there was the argument with a man who then left  and then HR drove up and there was another confrontation? It's all just a misdirection cliff hanger by the writer which is meant to leave us off balance (but still does not answer the question why the detective would make a point of asking that prosecutor to ask that question after he saw MR in the hallway.- 

How did the Pin get left in Kevin's car? (back to basics)

• Did EJ, put it in the car to frame HR?
  • Did someone else - HJw or prosecutor's wife find the pin the lady's room and plant it?
  • Did HR meet up with KL again?
  • New theory - after Hr gets home and falls asleep on the couch, TW takes the pin off of her then goes out to kill KL and o\to frame Hr in the murder. (don't really find this makes sense, why announce his wife's infidelity by leaving the pin, why bother making it look like an accident - but he may have done it in a jealous rage).

Sometimes  I think that the writer did a gender role reversal writing this screenplay.  TW acts more like the traditional wife.  Thinking of this plot if the man was the TV news anchor the wife was the lawyer - perhaps it would make more sense. 

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

It seems implausible that the witness testimony would not include that info anyway - what did he see? So why ask the prosecutor to specifically ask that question?  Did he think the witness would say "KL and another person" with no description? Makes no sense.

It`s like the witness was hidden all this time in the closet (not meeting the police or prosecutors before) and got out for the trial. It did not make sense to me either. :lol: I know what they wanted to show us. The detective was curious if the person who that man saw  with Kevin Lee would be Tae Wook but they wanted to prolong the suspense so they don`t asked directly. The prosecutor seemed surprised by the detective`s hunch so I wonder if they did not know that, what they expected for the witness to tell? I should ignore the puppet prosecutor and the puppeteers behind him and wait for Hye Ran to take them down.

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

The witness said he was there between 2AM - 3AM that night. We don't know if TW was home when HR got home that night. We don't know what happened after TW saw KL get into HW's car.

I think Tae Wook did not get home that night. If it was 3 AM, it is close to the time of Kevin Lee`s death. If the witness saw Tae Wook then, It looks like he was the last person to see him alive if it was an accident or it was another person after that if he was killed.

We don`t know what Tae Wook did after he saw Kevin Lee get into Hye Ran`s car, and after she left. They did not had the confruntation then. Kevin arrived home few minutes after his wife. Eun Joo and Hye Ran were sitting in a cafeteria after she met Kevin and she had the broach. When she lost the broach? It is important to know that. It was after meeting with Eun Joo (in the bathroom of that cafeteria) or she met Kevin again? I think it is the first scenario.

Han Ji Won was the last to call him from the station (at 1AM? ). Maybe Eun Joo called Hye Ran after her husband left home and we saw that Hye Ran was home.  But what Tae Wook did all this time? He must have been hurt and angry. Did he follow Kevin Lee and had a confrontation at 3am? We`ll find out all this soon. :)

The game continues. Kang in Han of the Kang Yool Law Firm loves pitting the players against each other. Tae Wook works for his firm and the prosecutor reports to him. When the prosecutor called to ask Yool what to do as the strategy changed, Yool said, that he got the prosecutor in the game and either “play or get out”. I am curious to see how he is going to move his players from opposing sides of the court. I am having as much fun as he is.

Kang Yool also would have as much fun watching the ladies play. Who knew EJ could play the game expertly. The (selective) truth teller HR vs the truth seeker, EJ. At the opening trial, HR as usual beautifully dressed, fully made up. Perfect hairdo, seemingly aloof. She and TW had a harrowing experience, just before the trial and rushing to the trial had their adrenaline, aggressor hormone, pumped up which made them look warlike? Here comes EJ the grieving widow. She walks into the court after the judges, the lawyers from both sides, the accused and everyone else got seated. Subdued, forlorn, subtle and pale makeup, hair in a simple bun, simply dressed yet elegant. Perfect timing, perfect entrance.  

HR is proud, defiant proclaiming that truth will be known no matter what lies are told. In contrast, EJ humbly and softly says she wants to seek the truth in this trial. In a poll and in the court of public opinion EJ would have won the round, hands down. And so, did the prosecution by virtue of shock. Both EJ and the prosecutor got what they wanted in this first round. Adulterer and murderer tagged on the defending party (face, image, reputation) besmirched. As TW’s father had warned, what matters is what people believe as truth. And as TW’s mother and prosecutor’s wife pointed out to HR, consider social perspective and give it some respect. Tone down the fist- pumping, rah-rah attitude.  

The only one who wants to really know the truth about Kevin's death is the detective. 

Archived