[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

I am enjoying this drama  not only because of His hotness, Ji Jin Hee but also because of the character of the protagonist, Hye Ran.  She is smart, independent, focused, ambitious and determined. Seldom you get to watch characters in drama who is in control of almost everything. My only apprehension is that where the whodunnit in the story isleading us. I wonder why Tae Wook cried when he was recalling an earlier scene with his wife telling him that nothing happened.  The same thing happened to MW he did not believe Hye Ran so he killed the man in the store.  This deja vu is telling us the same thing. Maybe the real killer is Tae Wook because he did not believe Hye Ran in the first place.  Well, I do hope not.  By the way, good work jtbc this is indeed a good drama. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

If you haven't seen it I recommend Secret Forest aka Stranger - excellent cast, complex story and strong characters.

Oh my god, I found out about Secret Forest through discussion thread thing and binge-watched it. It was incredible! You're so right; the cast was excellent and the story was well-crafted and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Secret Forest is one of the few dramas I watched without skipping anything. I can't remember who mentioned it way back, but thank you to that person!! Maybe you are that same person?! 

21 minutes ago, Dorylee said:

I am enjoying this drama  not only because of His hotness, Ji Jin Hee but also because of the character of the protagonist, Hye Ran.  She is smart, independent, focused, ambitious and determined. Seldom you get to watch characters in drama who is in control of almost everything. My only apprehension is that where the whodunnit in the story isleading us. I wonder why Tae Wook cried when he was recalling an earlier scene with his wife telling him that nothing happened.  The same thing happened to MW he did not believe Hye Ran so he killed the man in the store.  This deja vu is telling us the same thing. Maybe the real killer is Tae Wook because he did not believe Hye Ran in the first place.  Well, I do hope not.  By the way, good work jtbc this is indeed a good drama. 

I am also really enjoying this drama because of Go Hye Ran. I absolutely love how she stands her ground. I know that she's far from perfect, but I really admire how strong she is?! I aspire to be as charismatic and ambitious as she is!! 

As much as I love this drama, it's driving me INSANE. My impatience cannot handle this whodunnit thing. I'm terrified that the killer is Tae Wook. Please, don't let it be... If Kevin Lee really was murdered, we should have been introduced to the character who killed him by now, right? It's not possible that the killer still hasn't been shown, right?! After all, we're already at episode 11... Please don't let it be Tae Wook oh my god. Is this accident theory still plausible? What if that night was an extra dramatic one where everyone had suspicious interactions with Kevin, but no murder was committed... 

No one really sticks out to me as the murderer, but then again, I'm ridiculously imperceptive. Eun Joo gave me all sorts of bad feelings initially, but after this past episode, I can't imagine her actually killing her husband. I know she was furious with him, but the way she seems to miss him makes me think that she didn't kill him—like when she saw Kevin instead of Tae Wook at the hospital and whenever she talks about how she's lost both her husband and her baby... Then again, who knows... This is why I am not a detective :wacko: Speaking of detectives, when is Detective Kang going to uncover some juicy clues... 

It's all so weird? In the past episode, when Hye Ran talked about how Myung Woo didn't believe her that nothing had happened with the pawn shop dude and ended up committing murder—did she lie here too? Surely something happened? Even if she wasn't assaulted, I don't think nothing happened from what we were shown... and she did look rather disheveled upon exiting the shop? Did she mean "nothing" as in the pawn shop dude didn't assault her or what? ...suddenly, I feel like this drama is only possible because of Hye Ran's consistency in leaving out bits of the truth. Maybe the entire scene shown in episode 11 was a lie? 

But if the pawn shop owner really didn't lay a finger on Hye Ran and she was telling Myung Woo the truth that night, does that imply that she really didn't kill Kevin Lee this time, either? A parallel between Myung Woo not believing her that time and no one quite believing her this time around? Can we cross Hye Ran off the suspect list, or is she still on it? 

Is the story manipulating us?! 

I'm never going to watch a drama while it's airing ever again! I'm dying to know the truth!!! :(

Just now, seaapple said:

suddenly, I feel like this drama is only possible because of Hye Ran's consistency in leaving out bits of the truth. Maybe the entire scene shown in episode 11 was a lie? 

Is the story manipulating us?! 

I agree with you, Go Hye Ran tells the truth. Her version of the truth. didn't she have some blood splatter on her when she left the shop? Has she said even one sentence that is completely true and honest in this entire show? There's always an agenda, an angle, details left out, ideas not completed..... but i still love her! I will not speculate as to who killed Kevin.... the writer is torturing us on purpose and my poor brain is exhausted.

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

If you haven't seen it I recommend Secret Forest aka Stranger - excellent cast, complex story and strong characters.

I haven't! Thank you so much for the rec. I checked out the plot and the cast, both look great. I love Bae Doona from Sense8 so I am gonna watch this while waiting for the next epi of Misty. I love Strong female leads so I am watching that for sure. I have been really burnt out with cheese-fest K-romances for a while but their newly developing thriller/mature suspense genre has hooked me for good. 

Anyway, Agree with y'all, Hye Ran is definitely an unreliable narrator. I think everyone in the story is saying their version of the truth and not the absolute truth. It's more intensified with Hye Ran because we're supposed to believe the protagonist before anyone. Hence, we are mostly getting pieces of the big picture. Or, her perspective of an incident. 

My dear, dear beautiful Myung Woo summarized this drama in one sentence “once you try to protect love, it is no longer love, it is pride” 

Now, who is really the crazy one? They call Hye Ran crazy girl, yet she is in her right mind deliberately thinking through planning and acting.  Or is it the one who is not in her right mind, pained and led by her grief, promising to lead a good life to a shirt and baby shoes in a box, EJ? Or is it the girl who changed spots so fast and now showing the makings of a future Hye Ran…. Jiwon?

HR is fighting fire with fire. To win the fight, the gladiator must enter the tiger's den and fight in their arena. This is a must win for HR. The Golden Door foggy is impressed, HR knows how to play the game. He is having so much fun at the expense of people involved in the who dun it. I don’t know in the end who of them will be more regretful when the game ends because all of them stand to lose something. 

What is it with the detective? Who really witnessed what? 

This is so good a drama. 

Whoa....! If yesterday's episode was a little slow, today's was at breakneck speed! I need some time to digest....

Preview below.

Spoiler

"Even the most practiced lie will fall flat in the face of the truth."

Watched ep11 earlier today but just been able to read everyone comments.

So the scene that we all had been waiting for is a complete let down hahaha. How did they start with a kiss at her office and ended up naked in bed?

13 hours ago, maddymappo said:

What was HJw saying to the detective?  She was with KL until after the newscast about the steel company and then he went to straighten it out?  (please if someone followed that please explain

KL and JW were together when HR was reading the news about Hawnil Steel. Actually JW teased KL about it saying that people are insulting him more than Hawnil Steel. I think that got him angry at HR because right after that he called Baek to get the Thailand photos ready.

12 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Was it more than attempted rape?  One thing is for sure when HR came out of there her shirt was messed up and it made me think it was self defense she had killed him at first but something inside of me says she didn't...  She did have blood splattered on her for sure. 

According to HR nothing happened between her and the shop owner and it was MW who got hung up and killed him. To me her recount of that incident raises more questions. If nothing did happened, why was her shirt undone and her hair was a mess? 

The blood was spattered on her when she went in to stop MW not before that. So i was thinking that maybe in her desperation she did some 'favor' to the shop owner and he agreed to lend her the money. 

4 hours ago, justamom said:

How does Eun Joo know about Knock Knocking on Heaven's Door???

Good question, probably she too did some 'favor' to the shop owner.  I remember EJ telling TW that its a jewelry shop, but from the scene it looks like a clock shop. I have a feeling that the shop owner also lends money especially to girls and have them payback with sexual favors. 

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

Watched ep11 earlier today but just been able to read everyone comments.

So the scene that we all had been waiting for is a complete let down hahaha. How did they start with a kiss at her office and ended up naked in bed?

KL and JW were together when HR was reading the news about Hawnil Steel. Actually JW teased KL about it saying that people are insulting him more than Hawnil Steel. I think that got him angry at HR because right after that he called Baek to get the Thailand photos ready.

According to HR nothing happened between her and the shop owner and it was MW who got hung up and killed him. To me her recount of that incident raises more questions. If nothing did happened, why was her shirt undone and her hair was a mess? 

The blood was spattered on her when she went in to stop MW not before that. So i was thinking that maybe in her desperation she did some 'favor' to the shop owner and he agreed to lend her the money. 

Good question, probably she too did some 'favor' to the shop owner.  I remember EJ telling TW that its a jewelry shop, but from the scene it looks like a clock shop. I have a feeling that the shop owner also lends money especially to girls and have them payback with sexual favors. 

it is a jewellery shop.. and most likely EJ was either obsessed with HR or MW.. following around?

or when MW was caught and let's say police did not change the scene and the song kept playing.. it would have registered with EJ.. and she anyway knew MW was waiting at the school till the end..so put one and one together

lol.. i don't know why.. but i want HR to be the murderer :) 

and i want HR to come to a realization (hopefully to what her mom meant) that HR has a condition of justifying her acts or forgetting what is wrong is wrong.. from her memory and just hang on to the truth that makes her look like some principled justful character

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

14 hours ago, maddymappo said:

What was HJw saying to the detective?  She was with KL until after the newscast about the steel company and then he went to straighten it out?  (please if someone followed that please explain

Thank you for this explanation. I am still a bit confused by it.  The 9 O'clock News is at 9PM.  So we do know that KL went to see HR and saw them in the car together etc.  And we know that JHw went to meet with EJ at that diner.   We know EJ  was angry.  But that telephone call that KL received was after 1 AM in the morning. I thought that was the telephone call the Detective was asking about.  So that did not make sense to me.  

7 hours ago, justamom said:

One big question on my mind:

I assume she figured it out from her strong reaction to the song back then. EJ’s knowledge of the case might be from rumors. 

3 hours ago, henya said:

Please dont let it be tae wook.. 

I don’t think it’s Tae Wook because he would have turned himself in the moment Hye Ran was suspected of murder unless he has no memory of that night for some reason.

@enigmatic_zephy That’s plausible because they revealed there will be big twist at the end. Hye Ran and Eun Jae was most suspicious to me because they were both out of it that night. But Hye Ran was genuinely suprised when she announced KL’s death. Unless it’s for self defense I don’t think she would do it intentionally. Like her friend has said she wouldn’t leave any trace behind in that case.

Tae Wook’s reaction was really something I think he too can’t help but be suspicious of Hye Ran but again I never get him. 

6 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

I assume she figured it out from her strong reaction to the song back then. EJ’s knowledge of the case might be from rumors. 

I don’t think it’s Tae Wook because he would have turned himself in the moment Hye Ran was suspected of murder unless he has no memory of that night for some reason.

@enigmatic_zephy That’s plausible because they revealed there will be big twist at the end. Hye Ran and Eun Jae was most suspicious to me because they were both out of it that night. But Hye Ran was genuinely suprised when she announced KL’s death. Unless it’s for self defense I don’t think she would do it intentionally. Like her friend has said she wouldn’t leave any trace behind in that case.

Tae Wook’s reaction was really something I think he too can’t help but be suspicious of Hye Ran but again I never get him. 

I know of all people/organizations gHR is least likely.. we started the series with her.. have spent entire series showing how no one trusts her.. and she is just a complex character... 

but i would still love if she is truly the murderer.. won't fit in with the story but i wish this were to be true.. and that she actively blocks memories of things that don't agree with her idea of morality/ethics...

One big question on my mind:

Me too! I wonder if we will get another flashback about that? Maybe a mini one? Maybe the guilt of letting MW take the fall for her was too much for her to bear so she confided in EJ?

I just watched episode 11. This question was on my mind also. Maybe Hye Ran told her what happen that day, she really started to hate the song from that day and Eun Joo found out why.  Why Eun Joo said to Tae Wook that she did? Did she say it figuratively? Like she caused the chin reaction?  If Mye Ran did not killed that man, that`s explain why Eun joo did not use the information to get Hye Ran`s down. I am a little confused. I think I saw a scene where Hye Ran had the bloody knife in her hands.  Why her mother said that she knew her secret? Well...we know what happen in the past now.  Hye Ran`s guilt is still there. If Myung Woo had took the blame, she would have felt more guilty but I could understand why she was so uneasy all these years in this scenario, knowing that her friend/ boyfriend murder someone because he thought that man hurt her. 

When she said to her husband that Hyung Woo should have believed her that nothing has happened and I saw Tae Wook crying and remembering that he was in the same situation, I really thought he was the one that killed Kevin Lee. But I drove away the thought. The show is good making us doubt. :lol:

I think it is better if Tae Wook is Hye Ran`s lawyer again. He will be able to help her. I don`t want to see Hye Ran and Director Jang fighting for the same position but If they will engage in this competition, I  hope it will be a fair "fight". I like them both but I cheer for Hye Ran more.

Well I certainly never took Hye-Ran as being anything but weak that's for sure LoL:tongue: For her to take the Noble Idiot route in letting Tae-Wook go was shocking but of course you can't keep a good man down:D I just knew it was him at the end of ep. 11! His back silhouette is unmistakable. Hot damn Tae-Wook's " I Still Want You... " to Hye-Ran was:w00t::wub: I really love Hye-Ran's style, her confidence...her refusal to not play by the rules is admirable. Honestly I could care less about the other political plots or Kevin's murderer for that matter, Hye-Ran is the center of this Drama and that's what keeps me looking forward to each ep.

Random thoughts on Episode 12

So far much of SK justice system seems like  based on English Common Law the way US law is. But in US there is something called "Discovery"    The defense atty is supposed to be given for review prior to the trial, all the evidence and the witnesses that the prosecution will bring forward. It is not supposed to be a surprise or a secret who will be testifying against the defendant. So that was putting me off through the whole episode, but it just may be that SK law allows the prosecutor to keep evidence secret. Don't know.

When KL took HR for dinner, everything she said was pulling away from him and cold. But for some reason while he ate and drank with appetite (found that amusing since the trial was the next day) -  no matter what she said, as she looked at him I kept thinking the words "I love you".   I think KNJ is a very powerful actress - she is just exuding her passion.

I have a feeling the feeling detective is feeling bad about the witness from the get-go.  But thought he knew about MW before he passed him by in the hospital.   

It looked like MW bashed the brains out of Mr Baek - unless he just slammed the stick into the ground?   Why did he say "that's over" - What is over?   

Mr Baek was always high up on my suspect list. I suspected he loved/cared for  Eun Joo and may have fought with Kevin because KL was cheating on her.   I always wondered why he had such hatred for HR.  Remember the funeral when he hovered over Eun Joo and veered her away from HR.  Now we see on his cellphone he lists EJ as "Kind Eun Joo".    Thought to myself he hated Hr for having an affair with KL for being KL's lover, not for killing KL. But he went after TW = question is why - just to stall up HR's defense by incapacitating her atty?  Or, is it that he knows TW had something to do with KL's death.     Also Mr. Baek expected to die. Tells EJ this is last time you will hear from me.  Why?  What is eating his guy?  EDIT: thinking about it - maybe MW told him (from when he captured and threatened him) that if he did anything to harm HR he would kill him, so he did just that and Baek knew his days were numbered. 

Another question- The prosecutor must have known beforehand  the witness saw KL fighting with a man?  Then why is that evidence at a trial crucial for HR being shown as the murderer?  Why would the detective have to ask the prosecutor to ask the witness whether it was a man or woman?  Isn't that going to be obvious from his testimony of everything he saw at the accident?  

In the preview we hear EJ saying she wants the trial to find out who murdered her husband - but with all due respect, that is not the purpose of a trial, that is the purpose of an police investigation and grand jury investigation.   I guess we will find out next week what the witness testimony will really reveal about everything.

And for goodness sakes - HR must know when and have an idea of where she lost her pin!   That is so obvious as a clue to what happened and so easily known if HR would just say something to someone about it - I find that frustrating.

Episode 12: 

Seems like the entire goal of this episode was to increase suspicions against Tae Wook? If so, this episode got me real good. I am now terrified that Tae Wook is the one who did it... I'm hoping this episode was actually just full of red herrings! 

We STILL don't know why/how Eun Joo knows about Knock Knocking on Heaven's Door!! Why!! 

My blood pressure skyrockets every time Eun Joo is on screen. :angry: 

I can't believe we're already at episode 12. So many questions still unanswered. 

Another hellish week of waiting...!

Archived