[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Carmarie I hope, you are wrong (she gets convicted although she is innocent) because this would destroy all her efforts  for more equity and justice. In others words, she would have failed and the bad guys (rich and corrupt men) get away so easily. 

@bebebisous33 I hope I am wrong also.  Unfortunately, rich, corrupt powerful men many times get away with things normal citizens cannot.    It is also unfortunate that sometimes the innocent are falsely accused, evidence is tampered with or destroyed, witnesses do not tell the truth and the innocent in up in prison.  Justice is supposed to be blind; however, humans aren't always just. To be just one has to put aside prejudices, thoughts of vengeance, and petty jealousies.  Although HR is striving for a world of equity and justice; the men she crossed are not. Again, I hope I am wrong because that would ruin this drama for me. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old is Go Hye Ran supposed to be ? I read somewhere (cannot find it now) it is 37 years old. I am loving that older actresses are getting these meaty roles and with such passion in the scenes.

28 minutes ago, hyall said:

How old is Go Hye Ran supposed to be ? I read somewhere (cannot find it now) it is 37 years old. I am loving that older actresses are getting these meaty roles and with such passion in the scenes.

She, Myung Woo, Eun Joo and I note Kevin Lee too are all supposed to be 37.

But Kim Nam Joo is 47 this year! She looks great. Power to her. Go Hye Ran is my new role model!

Just now, justamom said:

She, Myung Woo, Eun Joo and I note Kevin Lee too are all supposed to be 37.

But Kim Nam Joo is 47 this year! She looks great. Power to her. Go Hye Ran is my new role model!

Exactly she is playing a woman ten years younger and that is marvellous. Men always get these opportunities and now women are too and it is so exciting for me to read and watch this revolution.

3 hours ago, hyall said:

Exactly she is playing a woman ten years younger and that is marvellous. Men always get these opportunities and now women are too and it is so exciting for me to read and watch this revolution.

I love that too!

Okay y'all, my favorite moment of the week has arrived! It's almost time for Misty. Here the live recap link if you are following along with us. I'm so looking forward to all the debates this episode is sure to bring!

https://www.bah-doo.com/misty-live-recap-episode-11/

Although episode 11 was not as exciting as previous episodes, we learned some things about HR.  1. She did not kill the man when she was young. MW was in love with her and killed the man because he thought he had abused HR. 2.  She hated hated her mother, and is afraid to love and trust a man because of her mother, who always loved and trusted the wrong men.  3.  She loves TW and is willing to let him go to avoid ruining his life.  

The part where it showed EJ with the manager makes me think the manager is not only crying because his sister died but also because he feels guilty to EJ.  When she tried to feed him and gave him money, he left without eating or taking the money.  Could he be the real killer??  I had thought it might be him before but then decided it was probably the corrupt company's doing.  

Now they say they have a witness.  This is all a setup so they will find HR guilty.  The prosecutor wants to make sure she is charged with murder.  The detective is going to figure it out though.  He already has a bad feeling about the whole HR situation.  

I do have to say that TW is so awesome.  No matter what HR does, he will not leave her side.  Thats true love.

55 minutes ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

Although episode 11 was not as exciting as previous episodes, we learned some things about HR.  1. She did not kill the man when she was young. MW was in love with her and killed the man because he thought he had abused HR. 2.  She hated hated her mother, and is afraid to love and trust a man because of her mother, who always loved and trusted the wrong men.  3.  She loves TW and is willing to let him go to avoid ruining his life.  

The part where it showed EJ with the manager makes me think the manager is not only crying because his sister died but also because he feels guilty to EJ.  When she tried to feed him and gave him money, he left without eating or taking the money.  Could he be the real killer??  I had thought it might be him before but then decided it was probably the corrupt company's doing.  

Now they say they have a witness.  This is all a setup so they will find HR guilty.  The prosecutor wants to make sure she is charged with murder.  The detective is going to figure it out though.  He already has a bad feeling about the whole HR situation.  

I do have to say thatIt TW is so awesome.  No matter what HR does, he will not leave her side.  Thats true love.

It's going to take me a while to digest everything going on in this episode.  Lots of layers.

@Pam_Van FossenYes,  I agree manager Baek looks guilty, leaving the money and unable to swallow her food.  He's always been on the top of my suspect list.

Points of Interest

• MW must be suspicious of Baek too, he's been tailing him.
  • What was HJw saying to the detective?  She was with KL until after the newscast about the steel company and then he went to straighten it out?  (please if someone followed that please explain).
  • Interesting HJw gave  Detective other theories about who would want to murder KL and asks him why do you only think it was HR?.  
  •  Detective's assistant finally says to him - I know you go with your "gut" etc... but you are really obsessing about GHR. Why?

Big question NO. 1  - What is the evil steel/prosecutor office scheming exactly?  We know the fix is in and they got themselves a super "witness" who will perjure themselves for the prosecution.   But at the same time - they are setting up GHR to go into combat twith her chief supporter - the Station Director and fight over that piece of "meat" - GHR makes the condition that the influential law firm defends her and "wins".   My take on this is that the steel company wants to shut GHR up and she makes it a condition that if she is found not guilty she will do their bidding as station director - why else would they agree, and say GHR "really knows how to play this game"?   So which is it?  Are they going to free GHR and get her to work for them, or  put her in the slammer? Are they just covering their bases if she gets off?

Big question NO. 2  -  Was GHR telling TW the truth about what really happened 19 years ago?  Remember TW flashes back to GHR saying to him about KL "I didn't do it"  and then TW cries.  

Big question NO. 3  -  Does TW know that GHR did it (or smacked KL behind his head and killed him not intentionally and then he covered the crime for her himself (think MW),   and is that why he looks surprised about the 'witness"  because he knows a real witness would know that he was there too?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7j-o47MFzWptG6hvvT5Qhqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriq

TW continues to amaze me in the way in which he loves his wife and I too believe his heart changed after seeing HR on her knees and hearing her words.  Their communication sometimes feels as if there is none and yet there seems to be without words if that makes any sense.  I think he has always loved HR and always believed he could somehow change her heart in loving him.  Still there is that promise that I believe he takes very serious. Even more the understanding between them even before getting married.  And tonight I thought about one thing maybe it's her courage that first caught his attention and strength.  Mind you I don't think he is weak because it would take a lot to hold in everything he carries within himself.  One things for sure he isn't going to let go of her no matter the cost to his career, his family or himself...

I still don't know who the killer is and there are still a lot of missing pieces.  I do wonder about a few things though...

1.  Why did MW choose to continue to purposely get in trouble and lengthen his stay in prison past his sentence? Living there 19 years As the guards stated.  He also finished law school while in prison for some reason that surprised me. 

2.  There were bruises on Lee's wrist which was not caused by the accident.  Which the detective was told and makes me wonder if he had been tied up like MW had tied up Keven Lee's Manager?  Or had someone used handcuffs on him?

3.  EJ  for me is to easy a choice in my opinion to be the killer she had a lot of reasons but to me she looked a bit panicked in trying to call HR that night in not being able to contact her or knowing her husbands whereabouts... Or it could be tricky writing LOL:huh:

4.  That little book with HR's Name in it with the red thumbprints can someone tell me how many times her name is there and also if those pages were her account?  Also had she borrowed money more than a few times how was she paying it back which worries me...  Is this the real reason she isn't able to trust anyone fully and can't love like a normal person?  Was it more than attempted rape?  One thing is for sure when HR came out of there her shirt was messed up and it made me think it was self defense she had killed him at first but something inside of me says she didn't...  She did have blood splattered on her for sure. 

:ph34r:  Guess I will just keep searching like everyone else...  One thing for sure the acting is really good and the writing even better!!!

I really hope tae wook didnt kill kevin lee.. i feel that the writer is slowly giving us hints.. Myungwoo killed the man from the pawnshop and hyeran telling tae wook how mw didnt listen to him… and then some scenes showing how hr how many times she told he didnt kill kevin lee.. he didnt sleep with him. As if history repeats itself mw and tae wook didnt believe hr so they did something unimaginable… i hope that its not.

Y'all! So MISTY tried my patience last night...

There  I was, waiting for the episode , and by 1am (my time), nothing! No Episode 11! I had even logged off from this site so that I am not tempted to read the spoilers!! Then, I took another laptop and watched some Philipino soap operas to divert my attention from this here MISTY. The episode aired around 5pm my time, so that's 6 hours of waiting. Normally I would be fine, but this is MISTY, so I kept hitting that refresh button on every site I can watch the show on!!! all the way to around 4am when the subbed episode came out!! I haven't slept the whole night! This is sorcery! Misty is sorcery!!

anyway.... episode 11

1. When GHR goes home after talking to Myung Woo....That conversation was loaded with subtext. GHR goes to TW's office:

(MW VO): Because of that man...

TW: You're home?

(MW VO): Your husband... loves you.

GHR: Yes!

"You're home" to me sounded like he was asking, have you come back to me? I mean, obviously she's in the house! And she replies Yes. She then narrates the story behind MW, revealing a layer of herself that she had kept hidden from the person who should have known what shaped her.

2. I think MW's grandmother gave GHR the money that she would have used on MW's tuition, now that her grandchild was in jail. MW must have convinced her to use it on someone who would pay dividends on it.

3. When GHR asks, "Why didn't MW believe what I said?", it shows the kind of effect she has on these men. They're so blindly smitten with her, they want to have her so bad but they can't, that the thought that she may have done something, consensual or otherwise with someone other than them, makes them react irrationally. MW killed a man, instead of believing her. TW clearly has doubts her innocence even when she protested severally.

4. Why did GHR not go back in the room when she heard TW crying? did she want to defend his ego by letting him cry in secret? Does she not want to have get too close to him while consoling him and sharing that emotional moment? is she just emotionally incompetent?

5. My PG19 scene did not happen!!:bawling: ISORAIT!! I'm good!

6. Han Ji Won asked that detective the questions we've been asking here since day one. Basically, do you know how to do your job, you idiot??

7. I think I will wait for the murderer to be revealed. New information keeps coming out, so I can only make a wild betting guess as to who it could be. I'm just gonna sit here and let the revelation hit me POW!

8. HJW and GHR's assistant have something going on. I bet!!^_^

9. Kang construction and Hwanil steel are getting ready to teach GHR a lesson about how NOT to mess with powerful corrupt people. As we say here, " atajua hajui!", literally, she will know that she doesn't know. Meaning, they're gonna show her who hold the power!

10. When GHR asks the director what he would do if she came for his position, his answer rang big bells for me. "I'll have to use whatever means necessary to stay". Does he have dirt on GHR, and is he capable of using that dirt? 

11. I love how GHR threw back his advice to take the investigative piece as her final project before she ejects herself. He will know that he doesn't know GHR.

12. That bed scene was pity sex (poor you and your cloakroom office)/ I still need you sex on Tae Wook's part, and goodbye sex on GHR's part. :D

The realisation that she loves TW and that she has not been good to him, now that she understands what love is, probably motivated her to ask for a divorce. She may also just be scared of what love means, being vulnerable.

She also doesn't want to be her mother. She's confused what she is feeling ("I'm hurting because of you, if this is what love is, I think I love you"), for what she saw with her mother. Used and abused in the name of love. The loss of control must be scary. 

She thinks divorce will give her back control of her life. No wonder she gives herself the pep talk in the walkin closet and tells herself, pull yourself together. That obviously doesn't work, because the card has her bawling, probably for the first time in her life.

13. The microwave ringing END right after their conversation was a nice visual touch.

14. Ji Jin-Hee's haircut is killing me every episode!!

15. I LOVE how GHR is going for the directors seat!! Did you see how shocked the men were when HJW asked them if there's a law that says women cannot be director? They couldn't believe these two women have the audacity to aim that high!! I hope GHR gets the directors position. Hopefully the current director will not have to be pushed out, but I need GHR to stick the middle finger in these men's faces, especially that team leader who doesn't hide how much he wants her gone!!

16. I love how reporter Song Yi keeps making GHR reflect on her marriage. That convo at the bar was all gold!!

Rep: What about your husband? Are you really planning on breaking up?

GHR: Yes.

Rep: Tae Wook agreed to that? He says he'll break up?

GHR: Since that day, he hasn't been home in a week.

Rep: Wow. Your husband must be really hurt this time.

GHR: It's better for his sake.

Rep: What about Go Hye Ran? Is this breakup better for your sake too?
GHR voiceover: I don't really know. Was it the right decision to send him away? was it not?

Reporter Song Yi seems to know more about GHR that TW. She's her confidant and the one she runs to in trouble. reporter also seems like the go between in that marriage.

Also, Report SongYi is the underdog I want to see with her own happy ending!

17. Tae Wook wins husband of the millenium! I would never engage in unrequited love, and if you make the mistake of throwing my love back in my face, I AM OUT!!

18. thank god that crazy opera soundtrack they were using in the first episodes is no longer being used!

19. GHR and TW theme song.... "We can fall in love again, I wanna do it all again, with you"

C4Pedro and SautiSol - Love again

Spoiler

Just now, hyall said:

I am loving that older actresses are getting these meaty roles and with such passion in the scenes.

I'm with you!! I'm happy to see the older actresses I grew up on not being relegated to Ahjumma roles in their 40s!

Hi everyone! I have been out of the Kdrama scene for a while due to the stale-ish state of the shows but I was OBSESSED with Save Me in 2017 and Misty in 2018 firmly hooked me again. I cannot praise this drama enough. Layered characters, intelligent plot devices, complex writing, great BGM and screenplay, fantastic acting- this is a gem. It's so typical that a fabulous drama of this kind isn't receiving international attention because it's not centered around cutesy-stale-young romance. The way it's been dealing with issues of corruption, love, drive, ambition, femininity- what a show honestly. Anyway, this drama is the triumph of K-acting industry imo. It goes on to show how much better a well-made drama can be when producers cast actually talented actors instead of pandering to fanbases. This drama is as good as it is thanks to the veteran and immensely talented cast. Can we have more of this? Hye Ran isn't exactly a sympathetic character but God, Nam Joo is a veritable goddess. What a phenomenal talent she is. I am obsessed with Hye Ran thanks to her portrayal. Everyone else is brilliant as well. I am honestly so thankful for this show and its complex female characters. Last epi was relatively slower IMO but I feel we're heading towards a major breaking-point. I can't wait for the next episode. 

12 minutes ago, fallinlava06 said:

Hi everyone! I have been out of the Kdrama scene for a while due to the stale-ish state of the shows but I was OBSESSED with Save Me in 2017 and Misty in 2018 firmly hooked me again. I. 

If you haven't seen it I recommend Secret Forest aka Stranger - excellent cast, complex story and strong characters.

Archived