[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

6 hours ago, maddymappo said:

It was only after all this that we learned from a flashback that he knew Hr was involved 19 yrs before in another investigation.

An investigation isn't deciding in your gut someone is guilty because of something you know from 19 years before -  w/o any knowledge of anyone else involved and then just running around trying to prove your feelings are true. And that is what he did.  Well intention or not he did a crappy job. 

I think the sequence of events is not correct. They called Hye Ran in because her brooch was found in the car (episodes 1-2). They had nothing more conclusive until Eun Joo came in and pointed fingers at her for being the last person to call her husband. While watching Go Hye Ran delivers the news on Hanil Steel (the night they chase manager Baek), Detective Ahn has a flashback. For some unexplained reason he thinks of the murder 19 years ago - is it because he suddenly remembers the name? We don't know.

Then in episode 9 right before Hye Ran is released and after he accuses her of manipulating the news, he recalls it for real. He goes back and checks his notebook and confirms his suspicion that she is the girl from the case 19 years back.

Agree that the investigation was botched but I think he's supposed to be neutral character in this show - one who initially gets played by the prosecutors and then eventually tries to get to the bottom of the story.

Regarding the murder 19 years back - the book seems to be some kind of ledger showing payments made by Go Hye Ran. I'm wondering if it's some kind of pawn shop? Where her mom took a loan out by pawning something valuable, but the pawn shop owner went overboard with his final demands...and that's somehow connected to Knock Knocking on Heaven's Door?? But how would EJ have known? Ah this show is killing me. How can we only have three weeks left??

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Very good question. 

ambition and work keep her busy from facing herself and her inner troubles. If she can only accept her imperfections as perfect and ok....maybe she will learn to be honest with the people she cares about  I also want to see her breakdown and cry, no holding back just cry her heart out

I agree, and I'm sure we will see that happen but it may take a while for HR to actually breakdown and cry.  

@justamom  I think Det. knew who Hr was from the beginning. We see him flashback later on  and then sometime after that checking his old notes, but it is my impression he always knew who she was.  But I could be wrong.  

@zenya22 said

EJ and MY: are they siblings? MY was a law student??? and if EJ were his sister, she might have even helped to support his schooling. Or is MW just a caring and kind human being and friend? 

Mw went to law school while in prison.  I think they knew each other in HS school though.  Maybe EJ had a crush on him but of course he was smitten by Hr.  We do not know. But he does over hear EJ's conversations about KL and and Hr and he sees her fall in the street and takes her to the hospital where he hears her wailing because she lost the baby. So he is sympathetic to her.  EJ suffered horribly. It doesn't give her the right to frame Hr for her husband's murder, but at this point she is so out of her mind with grief and rage  she may believe it.  (for all we know- Hr may have killed him). 

On 3/3/2018 at 4:45 PM, kdyes said:

Been looking at TW/HR personalities/relationship during so much Misty action, re-watching eps  (Had forgotten how hhott ep 2 was, lots of KL turning up the heat * fans self *)

Some interview clips for you (brief translation by me)

TV Report http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=1041770

"Go Joon - the man who has charmed Kim Nam Joo, Jeon Hye Jin and Jin Ki Ju. Sexy from top to toe, the moment Kevin Lee appeared he charmed the hearts of women everywhere."

- Go Joon says his character is the complete opposite from Kevin Lee

- He's not into fashion and thinks clothes should be bought to be worn for the next 20 years, although he's become more aware of his appearance because of this show

- When asked what he remembers about his kiss scenes with Kim Nam Joo -- "I exhausted my energy. I don't remember any details, just that I put in all my efforts to [act as someone who] love Go Hye Ran with all my heart"

- SHOCKER! The kiss scenes we saw were the first ever kiss scenes for both Go Joon and Kim Nam Joo. "I couldn't believe she'd never done a kiss scene before. I was telling her it's my first kiss scene and she replied 'it's my first time too' (formal speech)!" Apparently the kiss scene was also the first scene they shot together.

I can't believe Kim Nam Joo has never done a kiss scene before? I think my favourite actress Jeon Do Yeon has one in every drama/film??

20180226_1519630314_27736100_1.jpg?15200

I tread into this spirited discussion with some trepidation because I haven't given the show as much thought as many others. I read with interest and enjoyment everyone's take.

7 hours ago, il23 said:

Rather than this BadAzz Truth teller. I see her as a smart, competent, arrogant, ambitious, troubled  woman that lets her pride prevent her from having a honest open relationship with a husband that she loves and who unconditionally loves her. She is a professional journalistic truth teller but she is also person involved in personal relationships  that she consistently has no clue how to maintain.

I've had many of these thoughts but have not articulated them and probably couldn't very well. Personally, I went from being enamored with the drama to wondering why I should like Hye Ran to feeling frustrated with several logical failings to liking the social justice aspects of the show. I've made some peace with Misty by telling myself that it would be so much better off as a film or in a shorter format, like a J-drama.

As it is, there is too much time to see shortcomings in the characters and some of the writing. In a tighter time frame, the exaggeration of the character’s actions and motivations would not be confounding and would continue to captivate and titillate. Taewook is a ridiculously faithful spouse whose unwillingness to truly face the ugly parts of Hye Ran is starting to feel a tad psycho. Maybe he's the killer. The detective's singleminded sloppy quest to nail Hye Ran is only partially explained by the past and his long career (although he seems to be turning a corner). And the sheer corruption of the politician, JCB VP and the Kang Wool CEO is cartoonishly villainous.

But the few occasions here and there where Hye Ran shows humanity are ridiculously gratifying. So my guess is that the point of the show may be as much about that as who killed Kevin Lee.

I am copying in my original suspect list in black - the red are updates I did as of Feb. 24 and new updates are in green.

At this point I am still not convinced there was a murder.  Even the crooked prosecutor said "if there are no supects make one up!" and then under golden door/ steel company pressure  changed that to make HR the suspect no matter what.   But at this point if there is a killer I am inclined to think it may have been HR - the ultimate plot twist.  Can't forget her shaking with those blue gloves in her hand.  She was calm when she left EJ that night.  This time, will TW go to jail for her?

HR -  Our heroine.  Well she may have been there. a second time.  We see her shaking after the meeting - what's with the blue gloves?.  We know Kevin was blackmailing her with those pictures he framed her with.  If the pictures show up - they are evidence of her motive. pics destroyed.   She had her lifetime goal of achievement at stake. Also revenge on him for destroying her marriage (or at least making a bad situation worse). no longer likely as revenge.  Looks like her goose is pretty much cooked as a suspect     But now it appears if she went back to meet Kevin when he walked out on EJ  - she probably wanted to tell him that now that Ej  is pregnant he has to man up and take care of his wife and forget her.  Yes still agree this could have happened. Don't know how she contacted KL though to find out where he was. I think she usually used a phone booth when she called him. But she is still a suspect.

TW -  He was there.   Did he see Kevin get out the car and continue following him then murder him and frame HR with the pin? Kevin has heavily implied he is cuckolding him and that he can have HR at his beck and call.  He sees them in the car together.  His wife has  coldly been using him as a "business card" - even if he offered that to her, shouldn't she have shown him respect and faithfulness in return?  He is seeking revenge big time!  No no, this theory doesn't work anymore,  knowing what we know now.  Appears he may have wanted to speak to Kevin about why he was hanging around his wife - and got into a fight with him, - so he is still possible.  

HJw  Clearly at this point looks to be very suspicious.. HR lured her by giving oppty for her to seduce (all too willing) Kevin, and with the pictures she ruined her chance to take over 9pm news, and even lost her morning news spot - and embarrassed her while giving special news reports.  She has reason to frame Hr especially if she figures out that Kevin is in love with Hr, not her.   Also Kevin's' wife appears to know about her affair with her husband and called to meet with her.  Depending on what his wife said and  on how Kevin has treated her - if she feels jilted, she may have killed  him and set up Hr.  Yes still a possible suspect. She may have found the pin in the bathroom (by sink where EJ hugs Hr)  and planted it. Now we know she called KL that night, could have arranged a meeting.

Kwak Ki Suk    He admired HJw and has worked very hard for her.  But he has also shown friendship with HJw and we have seen him spying on HR, although we don't know why.  We don't know enough about who he may be working for and what else is influencing his actions.  Still an unlikely but possible suspect. He was watching and spying on HR in the beginning and seemed to be trying to help HJw. Could have followed JHw out of the office that night.

Kim Hyun Jong  -  He has been trying to move HR out of her anchor position  and  he is a divorced man who overtly highly favors the young pretty HJw, to take over as anchor.  Also he was the 9 news anchor that Hr replaced.  He seems to work along with HJr to get her special news spots and when tossed  out by HR (when she goes toe to toe with her boss) he becomes furious   Not sure why he dislikes HR so much, but it may be he is just jealous of her "power" and reputation, and arrogance, which degrades his influence and he may think HJw would be beholden to him in the future and return favors.  He was  also furious that HFw was caught by those pictures.  A divorced man he could just be making a fool of himself over a pretty young woman (or a combination).  Since he dislikes HR for whatever his reasons, he could potentially be assisting HJw or just see himself as helping HJw by framing HR and also eliminating Kevin as a rival for her affection..  Still possible Could have followed JHw out of the office that night.

Jang Gyu-Seok   Hr' s boss.  He was a proponent of JHw taking over for HR.  He is interested (seemingly) in keeping up the ratings for the news and the public has a taste for the young pretty and talented HJw.  He  wants to move Hr into other specialty programs.   Although HR exposes the Steel company (a big advertiser with the station)  for cheating helpless immigrants out of their wages, (and by extension poisons Kevin's reputation for taking a huge amount of money to represent the company regardless of their exploitation of workers.)  he still shows support for Hr - telling the Blue House investigators that Hr has a great deal of  personal integrity and is an independent voice.   So = why would he kill Kevin?  Granted he is unlikely as a suspect - there is only an outside chance that now that the station invested so much in him for human interest show with HR - he wants to keep up ratings, and his death would incite more interest,   =  no news is bad news  ratings.  Also - when HR went toe to toe with him over HJw he backed down, and was forced to choose between dumping JHw or cancel the Thailand trip.  Hr forced his hand.  He may respect Hr but resent her for manipulating him. Not much more to say except that we now know he has contacts with H Steel company - so could be involved in eliminating Kevin but unlikely  Could have followed JHw out of the office that night.

Yoon Song-Yi   She is HR's friend and does favors for Hr. She took the pictures of HJw and Kevin.  HR gives her presents and has her back.  But we don't know much else about her although she seems as close to a real friend and confident that HR has.  How many of Hr's secrets does she know?  Who else may she be friends with?   Is she harboring any secret resentment against her "scary? friend?   Again, unlikely

Lee Yeon-Jung    -  She went to the ER for stomach pain and could not do the morning news spot the morning after Kevin was killed.  Could it be she also has a connection to Kevin? and / or has it in for her 'friend' Hr?  Subsequently I realize she is the jealous prosecutor's wife.   She overheard Hr and HJw in the bathroom scene by the sinks when HJw confronted Hr about the pictures of her and KL = Yeon - Jung overheard this and could have followed Hr that night and found the pin in the bathroom.  Could also have followed JHw out of the office later that night if JHw went to see KL.

HR's mother - in - law (and father in law)  Never liked Hr, perhaps they got wind  of her affair or connection with Kevin in the past - want to get rid of Kevin and his potential to bring scandal on the family.  But they would not knowingly plant the pin (someone else may have done that) because they don't want Hr to be in a scandal.

The Blue House -  The President is so  enamored with the idea of HR being his press representative and wishes to eliminate Kevin as a blackmail threat or potential scandal.  Also did not plant the pin.

Steel Company  -  Revenge against Hr for destroying the company's reputation. Kevin is no longer helpful to them, but if HR kills him it would perhaps take some of the attention off their misdeeds and perhaps they even have life insurance on Kevin - as a valuable :"property" so if he dies they get their investment back. and now we know they are suing fr breech of contract. and how corrupt they are.  we know they were angry at HR for her coverage of the immigrant worker scandal. Perhaps KL was trying to get out of the contract because his reputation was being marred, they turned it around and said KL did drunk driving and gave them a bad reputation. Also both the detective and coroner felt the scene was too "perfect" something thugs would set up if premeditated, not a crime of passion.

Eun Joo   -  Last but not least.  The hardworking common folk wife of Kevin.  She is no match for the beautiful and accomplished rivals HR and HJw.     She has always wanted a child and appears Kevin has been holding off. Now she is pregnant and doesn't need him anymore.  His reputation is destroyed by the Steel Company scandal - she is aware HR was  behind that.  There also may be a hefty life insurance policy on her superstar husband so that she will continue to be financially independent   Very possible HJw tells her at their meeting that her real rival is her old High School bestie, HR.  She is hurt and feels betrayed, jealous, she is enraged.   She may kill or set it up (perhaps with JHw's help) or goes after Kevin to track him down with HR.  Then perhaps finds him dead, already and plants the pin.   This has changed. EJ believed Hr's story about the Thai photos, but then sees the black chip. She is now bent on revenge.   But did she kill Kevin because he walked out on her

Kevin's Asst  - He could be in love with EJ and fought with Kevin about his infidelity.  I actually feel he is the most likely suspect because he is male and has the strength to clobber Kevin that hard and he really hated HR - why is that? Why should he care about her?  We also saw the way he hovered over EJ at the funeral and tried to keep her away from that "bad"woman Hr..  I forgot to mention that the manager had loan sharks after him and needed money very badly. He could have tried to blackmail KL too - and then the two fought. 

Another interview with Go Joon, this one with Aju News. Korean news media is covering him non stop. He's enjoying his day in the sun! I thought this was quite a good interview..

http://www.ajunews.com/view/20180302163427035

Selectively translated below... @bebebisous33 I think a lot of this resonates with what you wrote earlier and what we discussed!

"Someone who stands at the boundary line. A dark, dangerous character who lives for revenge after being told he has no future despite his ardent, passionate love. With his 17 years of acting experience, Go Joon has left a deep impression on audiences with his larger than life portrayal of Kevin Lee...

The script resonated with me when I first read it. I was a relatively unknown actor and got dumped because I supposedly had no future. So I can empathise with Kevin Lee though of course my reaction was less violent, haha. I am someone who prefers to suffer alone."

Go Joo found Kevin Lee to be someone he both understands and can' t understand. "Lee Jae Young is someone who has part of me from the past and from the present. The way he loves is like how the me today loves. But how he acts after the relationship ends is like the old me." If he thinks hard about who Lee Jae Young was inside, "we all wanted to be recognised. Lee Jae Young craved Go Hye Ran's recognition.

What does he least understand about Lee Jae Young? "I couldn't understand his reaction after meeting Go Hye Ran. I couldn't stomach his dialogue. But I talked to a lot of people and began to understand his voice more and more."

"To get closer to him (his character), I used my whole heart to love Go Hye Ran. She was the centre of his life. His whole focus was on loving someone he could never have. He may appear as a playboy but the truth is he was someone who was thirsting inside (for this forbidden love). My heart began to ache once I realised that and centred my acting around that premise (the forbidden love)"

"The more I began to love Hye Ran, the more I began to hate Kang Tae Wook. I felt an immense amount of jealousy towards him. My jealousy exploded at the thought of him having the one I could never love. It made me ready to give up any scruples/use any means necessary. That's what made me more and more detestable to Go Hye Ran. I think that's called a love hate relationship."

20180302190433522041.jpg

29 minutes ago, jd50 said:

I tread into this spirited discussion with some trepidation because I haven't given the show as much thought as many others. I read with interest and enjoyment everyone's take.

Don't be. :wink:

As I always say, this forum would be a far less interesting place if we all had the same opinions and regurgitated the same thoughts. Anyway, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I go into popular threads and say contrary things only to find out that there are people who agree with me but they won't say it themselves.

I personally went from being someone who didn't like HR much to liking her more especially when one sees what she has to contend with. But in general I find her high level of self-awareness disarming. I don't know if I would label TW psycho... masochistic maybe? :tongue: Seriously I don't feel that it's about him not facing up to HR's ugly parts as much as he has a heightened sense of duty. Coming from his background, I'm not especially surprised.

11 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Don't be. :wink:

As I always say, this forum would be a far less interesting place if we all had the same opinions and regurgitated the same thoughts. Anyway, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I go into popular threads and say contrary things only to find out that there are people who agree with me but they won't say it themselves.

I personally went from being someone who didn't like HR much to liking her more especially when one sees what she has to contend with. But in general I find her high level of self-awareness disarming. I don't know if I would label TW psycho... masochistic maybe? :tongue: Seriously I don't feel that it's about him not facing up to HR's ugly parts as much as he has a heightened sense of duty. Coming from his background, I'm not especially surprised.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think JJH is a better actor than some people give him credit for and I feel like he is playing Taewook with an undercurrent of intensity and rage that boils almost unnoticed under the surface. The smashing of the crystal glass with one hand, the punching of the guy in the face in the cafe, his refusal to articulate any doubts about Hye Ran, etc. So my gut is that he is infusing Taewook with a touch of the crazy on purpose underneath that spectacular exterior.

Interesting. I had not thought of Hye Ran as self-aware. Or at least not entirely as I don't think she realizes what a half-life she's been living --- she's been too consumed with running and climbing to think about it.

@maddymappo

Yes still agree this could have happened. Don't know how she contacted KL though to find out where he was. I think she usually used a phone booth when she called him. But she is still a suspect.

I disagree with this. HJW was the last one who called him hence she could not have called him. The police have the list of his phone calls. Based on her reaction during the news, she was surprised to announce KL's death. Maybe the shock of the kiss,  when she heard that EJ knew that KL was cheating on her, then the accident and the fear that EJ would find out about her past with KL were the reasons why her hands were shaking. To me, this showed that GHR had no control of the situation any longer. 

1 hour ago, justamom said:

When asked what he remembers about his kiss scenes with Kim Nam Joo -- "I exhausted my energy. I don't remember any details, just that I put in all my efforts to [act as someone who] love Go Hye Ran with all my heart"

- SHOCKER! The kiss scenes we saw were the first ever kiss scenes for both Go Joon and Kim Nam Joo. "I couldn't believe she'd never done a kiss scene before. I was telling her it's my first kiss scene and she replied 'it's my first time too' (formal speech)!" Apparently the kiss scene was also the first scene they shot together.

I can't believe Kim Nam Joo has never done a kiss scene before? I think my favourite actress Jeon Do Yeon has one in every drama/film??

I've watched her dramas and yes, no kissing there.... I automatically assumed it's because she's married.... I've noticed the level of kissing is something married  actors struggle with. Tongue, How much tongue, etc.... Many couples especially those who're both actors have some kissing rules between themselves. So you can imagine my excitement with the PG19 rating and skin/kissing in MISTY! :tongue:

Jeon Do Yeon is an absolute beast when it comes to kiss scenes!! Good wife, a man and a woman, etc........ :blush:

I am praying episode 11 will be rated 19 again!  

18 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@maddymappo

I disagree with this. HJW was the last one who called him hence she could not have called him. The police have the list of his phone calls. Based on her reaction during the news, she was surprised to announce KL's death. Maybe the shock of the kiss,  when she heard that EJ knew that KL was cheating on her, then the accident and the fear that EJ would find out about her past with KL were the reasons why her hands were shaking. To me, this showed that GHR had no control of the situation any longer. 

HJw called him at the time he left the house, but I did not realize that it was the last phone call he received, if it was the last phone call then of course she couldn't have called. She directly told the prosecutor she didn't call, but we know she lies at times.  And yes, she was shocked in the newsroom at the report of his death. I do forget that. But it is complicated. Her pin does end up in his car.  Other people may have been around that last scene of his life. TW may have followed her. Maybe HR saw HJw leaving JBc and she  followed her.   She may have argued with him and hit KL and left not knowing he died?  Someone else set it up to look like an accident? ( that would be either Tw or even Kwak who likes her)

One last Go Joon interview for the day! (Twiddling my thumbs here as it's only Monday lol)

This one by NewsEn (brief translation below)

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201803031113520710

201803031113520710_3.jpg

"Who Killed Kevin? The question has been stirring up viewers' curiosity with every new episode"

Misty, which received a 19 rating has provoked much discussion. At the centre are Go Jun and Kim Nam Joo's passionate scenes. With his bronzed skin, muscled frame and piercing eyes, Go Joon has emerged as the dream man for those in their 30s and 40s - "sexy middle-aged" (or mature sexy) is the term being bandied around. Thanks to Misty, after toiling away as an unknown actor for a long time, Go Jun is welcoming a new golden period in his life."

NewsEn asked Go Joon what he thought about his sudden popularity. "I don't understand it, isn't Kevin Lee dead? Well I've heard some positive feedback through the interviews. I recently set up an instagram account and to my surprise I had hundreds of new followers. I learnt about hashtags for the first time. I'm working very hard at understanding how social media works now."

He feels very shy and embarrassed at being labelled "mature sexy". "The real Go Joon is very provincial (countryside) and not sexy at all. It's the production team that made me look like that. I give them all the credit."

----

Since he's doing all these interviews now, does that mean we won't see anymore of his "mature sexiness" in the rest of the show? 

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@zenya22 SEJ and HMW can not be related because after he went to jail, she had no idea where he was. She never visited him, unlike GHR. No, to me she was in love with him. That's why she called him " a stupid boy".

what if they had not shown yet EJ visiting him since the concentration was to connect HR and MW? 

49 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

what if they had not shown yet EJ visiting him since the concentration was to connect HR and MW? 

It's possible but I doubt it. To me, EJ has only remembered HMW as the stupid boy who loved GHR so much that he sacrificed himself. That's why she was so shocked to see him again. She was just envious... but she doesn't realize that HMW liked her too back then. It is visible because he followed EJ. When he stopped her, he wanted to protect her as well and not just GHR. Finally, I am more and more inclined to think that even EJ doesn't know the entire truth of the past. She might have again jumped to false conclusions because of her pain and jealousy.

EJ thinks that GHR didn't love HMW ("one-sided love") but I don't think that's correct. To me, GHR dumped KL for two reasons: she felt indebted towards HMW, if he chose to sacrifice his life due to his love for her, GHR might have thought that she had no right to love someone. Moreover, she might have sensed that KL could have distracted from her original plan/path. Since HMW had given up so much, then she should make sure that her life was dedicated to justice and more equity. She made a sacrifice: not to love anyone. This explains why GHR pushed TW away first and why she finally agreed to the marriage after telling him that she didn't love him aso.

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But I always find it interesting that he seldom ever says what he's thinking about the case to anyone even when probed. Even when his colleagues and sidekick are commenting and making moral judgments about the prime suspect or the case, he is almost always reticent about coming to conclusions. 

It was fascinating when he came face to face with HR in Episode 9 and said this to her:

That is why I like this character because he is imperfect and yet it is his bungling that opened the proverbial can of worms. I like that he is humble, admits to his mistakes, does not blame anyone else but says "what did I miss" and keeps mum about his case. If he were a perfect detective and did everything perfectly, he would be a dull character and no one will pay attention to him. So, I may not approve the way he bungled the case but I want to se how he redeems himself:lol:

9 hours ago, kdyes said:

@zenya22  Misty sure is a seething mass of lava...so enjoyed your long post which has already run twice above.

LOL, thank you

6 hours ago, jd50 said:

I've had many of these thoughts but have not articulated them and probably couldn't very well. Personally, I went from being enamored with the drama to wondering why I should like Hye Ran to feeling frustrated with several logical failings to liking the social justice aspects of the show. I've made some peace with Misty by telling myself that it would be so much better off as a film or in a shorter format, like a J-drama.

As it is, there is too much time to see shortcomings in the characters and some of the writing. In a tighter time frame, the exaggeration of the character’s actions and motivations would not be confounding and would continue to captivate and titillate. Taewook is a ridiculously faithful spouse whose unwillingness to truly face the ugly parts of Hye Ran is starting to feel a tad psycho. Maybe he's the killer. The detective's singleminded sloppy quest to nail Hye Ran is only partially explained by the past and his long career (although he seems to be turning a corner). And the sheer corruption of the politician, JCB VP and the Kang Wool CEO is cartoonishly villainous.

But the few occasions here and there where Hye Ran shows humanity are ridiculously gratifying. So my guess is that the point of the show may be as much about that as who killed Kevin Lee.

Well said!! The drama is complex and enthralling.  I agree TW is a little disconcerting in his unwavering consumption and devotion to HR without communicating his hurt, pain and confusion regarding her actions. He loves her but he appears to fear a conversation because it may reinforce his feelings that she “needs him” but she does not love him.  TW more than loves her, he appears to idolize her and sweep her shortcomings under the rug no matter how much the knowledge of them  devastates him.  HR does show glimpses of humanity. The way she called Mung Yoo's name at the end of episode 10 indicates some compassion. This  is one of the very few times that she has appeared to approach someone without a calculative personal agenda.

6 hours ago, jd50 said:

Interesting. I had not thought of Hye Ran as self-aware. Or at least not entirely as I don't think she realizes what a half-life she's been living --- she's been too consumed with running and climbing to think about it.

But at least she knows that she's consumed with running around and climbing the corporate ladder. :DBefore the Kevin Lee incident she would have thought, I imagine that she was living a full life with the value system she was holding to. She's at least aware of her shortcomings even if she's unapologetic about them. She's never been backward in articulating them. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what TW fell for. A woman who was upfront about her temperament and goals must be a breath of fresh air for a man who hears a lot of lies and pretence. Lately she's also started to realise her dependency on her colleagues. That she was able to apologize to, thank Reporter Yoon and acknowledge her friend's contribution to me at least tells me that her capacity for self-examination is there.

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

That is why I like this character because he is imperfect and yet it is his bungling that opened the proverbial can of worms. I like that he is humble, admits to his mistakes, does not blame anyone else but says "what did I miss" and keeps mum about his case. If he were a perfect detective and did everything perfectly, he would be a dull character and no one will pay attention to him. So, I may not approve the way he bungled the case but I want to se how he redeems himself:lol:

For me it isn't about liking or not liking him. :wink: He has a role in this show... and it's to remind us that somebody died and we still don't really know how he ended up dead. With so much happening in the show with HR and her fightback, it's easy to forget that there are still so many unanswered questions about Kevin's demise. There's a possibility he was killed but then he might not have been. 

Honestly I don't care about Kevin Lee that much. :tongue: He may have thought he was giving out as good as he got but I didn't buy any of his claims to sympathy. I heartily agree though that the writer has essentially written the whodunit and the handling of it by the authorities to create some kind of purgatory for HR and to make certain types of political statements about people in power. It's a hoop she has to jump through... perhaps so that she can become a better person.

With only six more episodes left, there's a lot of ground to cover and still so many unanswered questions. The show should really be starting to tie all the different threads together. Enough of the delaying tactics already! :D

On 3/2/2018 at 9:42 AM, mimisl123 said:

It is a very good drama, great story, great cast and some incredible writing.

Ok. Thanks for the info! :D 

On 3/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, triplem said:

really good.  This has been a good replacement for me since Money Flower ended

Thank you :) 

I love reading everyone's discussions! :) 

I wish I could join. I'm watching episode 1 eng sub :) 

8 hours ago, jd50 said:

21 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I love reading everyone's discussions! :) 

I wish I could join. I'm watching episode 1 eng sub :) 

Welcome! Come join our weekly addiction. I’ve already addicted three friends around me and my husband :lol: he finished episode 10 and said what? We have to wait another week?

A little sad there’re only 3 more weeks left! This drama has been amazing, every second. I can’t get it out of my head

Archived