[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I disagree with this. HJW was the last one who called him hence she could not have called him. The police have the list of his phone calls. Based on her reaction during the news, she was surprised to announce KL's death.

Speaking about list of KL phone calls. Does anyone know what happened to KL's phone. Did the police find it at the scene of the accident of the accident? I clearly remember Kevin recording the call when HR was threatening to 'kill him' it will surely cause a problem for HR if it was found. Contrary to HR's reaction during the news, EJ looked expressionless and TW seemed somewhat relieved. 

Anyway, there is so much confusion on the timelines between the time HR came home holding the gloves and when HR and EJ met up at the restaurant.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, justamom said:

Welcome! Come join our weekly addiction. I’ve already addicted three friends around me and my husband :lol: he finished episode 10 and said what? We have to wait another week?

Thank you. I've been here, but haven't posted anything overly critical because I didn't want to spoil the party. I do like the show.^_^

4 hours ago, il23 said:

Well said!! The drama is complex and enthralling.  I agree TW is a little disconcerting in his unwavering consumption and devotion to HR without communicating his hurt, pain and confusion regarding her actions. He loves her but he appears to fear a conversation because it may reinforce his feelings that she “needs him” but she does not love him.  TW more than loves her, he appears to idolize her and sweep her shortcomings under the rug no matter how much the knowledge of them  devastates him.  

Again, you've said it better than I could about Taewook. Though I still think he's a tad off underneath and don't quite get his love/obsession with Hye Ran. Taewook's upbringing does not seem warm with a demanding and cold abeoji and an eomeoni that cares more for appearances than his heart. 

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But at least she knows that she's consumed with running around and climbing the corporate ladder. :DBefore the Kevin Lee incident she would have thought, I imagine that she was living a full life with the value system she was holding to. She's at least aware of her shortcomings even if she's unapologetic about them. She's never been backward in articulating them. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what TW fell for. A woman who was upfront about her temperament and goals must be a breath of fresh air for a man who hears a lot of lies and pretence. Lately she's also started to realise her dependency on her colleagues. That she was able to apologize to, thank Reporter Yoon and acknowledge her friend's contribution to me at least tells me that her capacity for self-examination is there.

That is true. This discussion we are having got me thinking about something else. I've wondered why Hye Ran is the way she is and a lot of gender issues come up. She grew up disadvantaged by being fatherless (at least that's what I remember), was sexually assaulted we think by the jewelry store owner, and has fought her entire career against the glass ceiling because of gender discrimination. On the other hand, she has used consciously or otherwise, men who are attracted to her for survival or gain. MW in high school, TW in adulthood, Kevin for the interview and the cameraman at work. I might like her scenes with her boss a lot because there is none of that in their interactions! 

So my hope is that we don't get to the end of the drama and HR is healed but no longer highly successful. I don't think the lesson should be that in order to be at the top of the ladder or to break barriers, women need to be damaged or manipulative.

On 3/5/2018 at 1:10 AM, jd50 said:

I think JJH is a better actor than some people give him credit for and I feel like he is playing Taewook with an undercurrent of intensity and rage that boils almost unnoticed under the surface. The smashing of the crystal glass with one hand, the punching of the guy in the face in the cafe, his refusal to articulate any doubts about Hye Ran, etc. So my gut is that he is infusing Taewook with a touch of the crazy on purpose underneath that spectacular exterior.

Interesting, because now that I think about it, TW came alive as a character when KL showed up. Before KL, he was moping, worked late, slept in his office and had divorce papers in his study ready to sign. KL shows up and tells him that he is going to Thailand with his wife and next thing you know he is in Thailand. Also, he did not seem to care her whereabouts before but he stalked his wife the night Kevin and HR met in that her car. He shows up at the police station when she got questioned, pretty soon things got hot and heavy with said wife. Mopey husband came alive. Was it a male territorial thing? Manhood challenged? And the scenes you stated above. So, now that another one of wife's past loves shows up, who is the exact opposite of KL,  and maybe the true love of his wife from long ago, how does he handle that? 

On 3/3/2018 at 11:05 AM, justamom said:
On 3/3/2018 at 10:26 AM, triplem said:

We suspect that MW killed the owner or someone and my guess was the owner was trying to assault / rape HR and MW killed the man. But it seems like from recaps Eun Joo is hinting that HR was the murderer (of course EJ could be lying). Is this why HR still does not want to tell TW anything? I really need her to come clean with TW .

My theory. Myung Woo is the guy who came in between Hye Ran and Eun Joo. Eun Joo blames Hye Ran for what happened. That is her grudge - she does not understand why her girl crush Myung Woo sacrificed himself for Hye Ran.

I do not know who killed the shop owner; but I do know that MW had blood spattered on him and from what I could see HR did not.  However, that does not mean anything, she could have hit the shop keeper in such a way that she did not get any blood on her.  I am in agreement that EJ was in love with MW and MW was in love with HR. He could have taken the wrap because he knew that she would not get a fair trial.  EJ probably could not understand why HR.  Even now HR has this vitality and sparkle around her that commands attention.  I also think that it is time for HR to come clean with TW so that they can fight together, because they are going to need each and neither of them can afford to have any doubts about the other.  Maybe after she comes to the realization that she is falling in love with TW she will open up and tell him about her past.  I am sure what happened with the shop owner helped to shape her emotions about love and marriage.  Do you think EJ was related to the shopkeeper.  Most women would understand if a woman had to kill a man  trying to assault her and have symphony.  

I am going along for the ride... I do not know who killed KL and I am sure by the last episode we will know, and am also sure that HR will bring all those down who tried to accuse her unjustly.

Is it Saturday yet???

1 hour ago, Carmarie said:

I do not know who killed the shop owner; but I do know that MW had blood spattered on him and from what I could see HR did not. 

i have to disagree with you there. If you look closely they both have blood spattered on them. In that scene HR looks dishevelled but not MW. My theory is the shop owner tried to rape HR and there was a scuffle she killed him in self-defense and MW came in to take the fall. Somehow i feel some thing was off in that scene. It doesn't look like the shop was opened at the time. The shutters were down half way. It could be at night when the shop was closing but why was HR there at that time?

3 hours ago, gusanito said:

TW’s love for HR is self destructive, as others have mentioned, the fact that he is choosing to keep it all in is rather toxic and worrying...

If you wanna talk about self-destructive, so is Lee Jae Young's love for Hye Ran...as well as Myung Woo...what to do, she makes men lose their mind :huh:

Also I can't remember where I read this or maybe I even dreamt this :o but apparently we're going to find out something about Hye Ran's boss Jang Gyu-suk in the next episode? Ah I've read too many articles, and no I'm not addicted :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, justamom said:

If you wanna talk about self-destructive, so is Lee Jae Young's love for Hye Ran...as well as Myung Woo...what to do, she makes men lose their mind :huh:

Also I can't remember where I read this or maybe I even dreamt this :o but apparently we're going to find out something about Hye Ran's boss Jang Gyu-suk in the next episode? Ah I've read too many articles, and no I'm not addicted :ph34r:

HR is the ultimate femme fatale - men will die for her!

Looking forward to learning more about Jan Gyu-suk. - he could be another murderer, or person who made it look like an accident to protect who? (Hr, HJw ?) The plot thickens.

Sporbiz's interview with Go Joon has some interesting hints about the ending (and no, I can't believe we're talking about the ending already...)

http://www.sporbiz.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=205264

Not sure I translated 100% correct, @V can you help?

Spoiler

Quotes from the story

"If this were in real life, the one who most wants to kill Kevin is probably his wife Seo Eun Joo."

"Everyone around me has been asking who killed Kevin. I'm in a dangerous position so I can't say," he laughs. "But the truth is none of us knew who the killer was while we were filming. We only found out recently when the final scripts came out and even then none of us could really understand who the culprit was. The stunt director really killed him in a painless way."

"The script came out one episode at a time and the ending was completely contrary to what I expected. The ending might turn out to be quite shocking..."

:o:huh::blink:

Edited: so it appears my understanding about the director is wrong...should be translated as:

“I don’t know who is a culprit because I died. The director killed me without pain.”

Haha! Smart answer!

I binged the whole 10 episodes and this is what I thought:

HR felt indebted to MW for stood in her place for the murdered of the jewelry shop owner (which might happened due to self defense). Whether she and MW had a past relationship I am not sure but perhaps yes. Knowing MW was in jail instead of her might make her closed herself for any emotional attachment to other man. What she had with KL was more based on physical attraction but since I think KL's love has become too much to bear or suffocated for HR so she might used his status of 'no future' as a reason to break off. But I don't think she was willing to commit herself not only because I don't think she emotionally vested to KL but again out of respect for MW and her own ambition to find justice to repay what she indebted to MW.

This might also the same thing to TW, the only difference was TW has the means to realize her ambition and he give her ample room to grow and build her career. I am sure one of the reason why MW didn't want to see her is to give a message that she shouldn't imprison herself for a better future which involve marriage. She should strive and realize her ambition. HR might understand this and married TW but also cautious enough not to be emotionally attach as it might be a form to show loyalty to MW. But I am sure she has deep respect to TW. She might be attracted to him but not allowing herself to vested her feelings to him. Otherwise, how can she OK when TW treated her coldly during these past 7 years. She normally outspoken and seek justice. She might seek justice at home too.

I might be the minority here, but I don't find TW attractive nor the type of hubby I want to have. To me, he is a coward and not man enough. He should have confronted her if he really loves her, he should have known HR character and that he should already know she only told him half truth and what is the best but to tell her that he knows rather than each time he sees her, he was reminded of what HR said to KL in their car rendezvous. He himself hiding the truth from HR. I am not sure if he really loves her or actually obsessed with HR just like KL but in another form of obsession. Other than that, he gives room for EJ to plant seed of doubt. His reaction to EJ devilish comment is telling and that is what EJ wants to see. I would prefer if he give her a poker face or react differently  (his expression) when he heard EJ's comment. Also, change of attitude after 7 years of giving HR cold shoulder?. is it really because he wanted to help HR or because he actually has a hand in the death of KL.

I am not sure if it is a murder or accident but at this moment I am still leaning that it is an accidental murdered ^^. 

This is the first drama that I don't really in favor of any of the leads. The only one that I like is the news Director. And is it only me but I see more chemistry between HR and him than she with her husband.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Misty 미스티 - Fridays and Saturdays @ 23:00 KST
19 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Interesting, because now that I think about it, TW came alive as a character when KL showed up. Before KL, he was moping, worked late, slept in his office and had divorce papers in his study ready to sign. KL shows up and tells him that he is going to Thailand with his wife and next thing you know he is in Thailand. Also, he did not seem to care her whereabouts before but he stalked his wife the night Kevin and HR met in that her car. He shows up at the police station when she got questioned, pretty soon things got hot and heavy with said wife. Mopey husband came alive. Was it a male territorial thing? Manhood challenged? And the scenes you stated above. So, now that another one of wife's past loves shows up, who is the exact opposite of KL,  and maybe the true love of his wife from long ago, how does he handle that? 

Reading this reminder about how TW kind of "came alive" with renewed interest in HR once KL appeared and post by @jd50 recounting TW's physical outbursts -- punching the guy in the face and breaking a glass with one hand -- I had an uneasy feeling about TW as capable of murdering KL in a fit of rage.

At first, a number of us considered TW as having motive of course, but we kind of passed on it as other options looked more likely or interesting.  I do think that TW became more interested in closeness with HR not only when KL appeared;  it seemed that when TW overhead HR expressing strong regret of the abortion, which she told his mother while on her knees, that TW's behavior began changing right then when he came into the room and tore up the divorce document.   

If TW killed KL in a fight, accidentally or intentionally, he probably would not have wanted HR to be blamed.  Unfortunately, that could explain why TW has been so dogged about helping HR get free.   Somewhere I read that we are going to be very surprised at the end.  Everything's starting to be like gossip that knocks around inside and I find myself having all kinds of thoughts.   

12 hours ago, justamom said:

f you wanna talk about self-destructive, so is Lee Jae Young's love for Hye Ran...as well as Myung Woo...what to do, she makes men lose their mind :huh:

You have a point there :) but he seemed so floored and sensible in the beginning.. I kind of hoped he would make clear to Hye Ran he was not someone she could trample on. At least in private, as her husband, given the fact he has sworn to protect her image in public.

possible death scenarios

KL died in an accident

KL was killed and the murderer tried to make it look like an accident

KL was killed, and someone else tried to make it look like an accident

KL committed suicide

possible pin scenarios

Hr lost her pin at the diner bathroom and it was found by someone else (HJw, Lee Yeon Jung possibilities who leaves it in KL's car to implicate her)

Hr saw KL later that night, and she lost it while arguing with him

Hr saw someone else after she left EJ, and lost it at that time

Ej took the pin in the bathroom embrace scene (and leaves it in the car to implicate Hr or while arguing with KL)

Least likely murderers

Yoon Song-Yi

Kwak Ki Seok

Most likely suspects

Hye Ran

Han Ji-Wan

Tae Wook

Kl's manager

Seo Eun Joo

Potential suspects or involved at scene of crime

Oh Dae-Woong

Steel Company

Lee Yeon Jung

Jang Gyu Seok

Not seriously

The Detective

TW's assistant

Edited after reading @bebebisous33 idea about suicide

Edited after reading @justamon catch

22 hours ago, zenya22 said:

The show is so intense that I sort of forgot how TW and HR were in the beginning, so thanks for reminding me of TW's evolution. I've characterized his love as obsessive, but what you're saying makes more sense to me and he seems possessive. In my observation, men often say they knew they wanted to marry a woman the first time they met her---unlike a lot of women who take some time to warm up to a man. TW was sparked by HR when they met, married her and was just existing after the abortion. Maybe he didn't think she really loved or lusted for anyone so Kevin Lee was a jolt. Also, as @kdyes mentioned, TW now feels responsible for not having seen HR's suffering relative to his family.  I am also very curious to see TW's reaction to MW as it will give us more clues about what makes TW tick.

Some scenes that are sticking in my mind as possible foreshadowing:

• The scotch glass shattering scene: TW has a strong grip. Could he have bruised KL's wrist?
  • There was a lingering shot of a SD memory card when the investigators took evidence from the editing room: Was that the young cameraman's spy footage of HR and KL arguing, etc.?
  • HR saying she had nothing left to lose and reporter friend Yoon Song Yi replying, "You have Taewook."

1 minute ago, jd50 said:
  • The scotch glass shattering scene: TW has a strong grip. Could he have bruised KL's wrist?
  • There was a lingering shot of a SD memory card when the investigators took evidence from the editing room: Was that the young cameraman's spy footage of HR and KL arguing, etc.?
  • HR saying she had nothing left to lose and reporter friend Yoon Song Yi replying, "You have Taewook."

Yes yes and yes!

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@maddymappo Another possibility is that KL killed himself in front of EJ! This would even explain why EJ is blaming GHR for his death.

Suicide is another possibility. How do you think he did it though?   He couldn't chop the back of his own neck - would need to drive the car and cause the accident himself?   They are saying the ending is going to be a shock.   Maybe someone one we don't even suspect is involved, I didn't include on the list, like   TW's assistant, or even the detective himself!  

58 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Suicide is another possibility. How do you think he did it though?   He couldn't chop the back of his own neck - would need to drive the car and cause the accident himself?   They are saying the ending is going to be a shock.   Maybe someone one we don't even suspect is involved, I didn't include on the list, like   TW's assistant, or even the detective himself!  

It depends if he was hurt before... let just say that he had been hit before, but when his car hit the pylon, the wound got just bigger.

20 hours ago, justamom said:

Sporbiz's interview with Go Joon has some interesting hints about the ending (and no, I can't believe we're talking about the ending already...)

http://www.sporbiz.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=205264

Not sure I translated 100% correct, @V can you help?

Hide contents

Quotes from the story

"If this were in real life, the one who most wants to kill Kevin is probably his wife Seo Eun Joo."

"Everyone around me has been asking who killed Kevin. I'm in a dangerous position so I can't say," he laughs. "But the truth is none of us knew who the killer was while we were filming. We only found out recently when the final scripts came out and even then none of us could really understand who the culprit was. The stunt director really killed him in a painless way."

"The script came out one episode at a time and the ending was completely contrary to what I expected. The ending might turn out to be quite shocking..."

:o:huh::blink:

Edited: so it appears my understanding about the director is wrong...should be translated as:

“I don’t know who is a culprit because I died. The director killed me without pain.”

Haha! Smart answer!

Looks good! I had to ask the hubs to read it :)

6 hours ago, jd50 said:

cutting your post to emphasize:

Can definitely see this happening.  I really don't want TW to be the murderer, if there is one.  So was glad to see this comment, lol.  At first a number of posts mentioned that there might have been several altercations that night.  Perhaps TW "had it out" with KL and grabbed him even with intent to harm his golf career. 

Archived