[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

13 minutes ago, justamom said:

My theory. Myung Woo is the guy who came in between Hye Ran and Eun Joo. Eun Joo blames Hye Ran for what happened. That is her grudge - she does not understand why her girl crush Myung Woo sacrificed himself for Hye Ran.

Repeat 19 years later with Kevin Lee. That’s why she reacted so badly.

That is plausible.  

But wow the preview....is it okay if I don't care who killed Kevin now? :tongue:  One whole week till we see this....

giphy.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Striking is that despite her claim (GHR is my friend), we can see EJ's schadenfreude (malicious joy), when she is listening to the song "Knocking on Heavens' door". She didn't listen to it, just when TW was with her. She kept listening to it many times which shows that the song made her remember GHR's past misery and she kind of enjoyed.

Nicely written analysis. I agree very much with your analysis of EJ. This part above in particular was quite disturbing.  The way she was smiling to herself and stroking her tummy. Maybe its some sort of retribution she lost the baby. I do not feel bad for her but I can see why she would behave like this. She sees herself as a loser - she can never win against HR. Not then , not now. I am not surprised she wants to kill / injure HR in today's eps. 

But if MW did not kill the man in the shop- who did? Or could it have been self defense on HR's part. I am wondering if what is happening now with Kevin Lee's death is a repeat scenario of what happened then. In both cases HR may not have been the murderer but she is implicated somehow. 

@triplem @justamom red crabThanks a lot for the compliment!!crazy monkey

I think that we should compare EJ to TW in order to judge better the characters. EJ and TW were confronted with the same content, however both reacted differently. First, TW and EJ were shaken but that was it. EJ never believed GHR's words from the start (that's why she yelled at KL that he would cheat on her with GHR) and she saw the video as a confirmation of her mistrust. TW was shaken and kept his distance from GHR, yet he overcame his doubts and came to his wife's side. 

There is one difference between EJ and TW in their knowledge: EJ heard from GHR herself that she wished that she had killed KL!! So her words were really telling: she actually hated KL who was harassing and blackmailing her. I am sure, if GHR had told the same to TW, he would have believed her. 

By the way, I can understand why GHR would never mention anything to TW about her past... because she has experienced how quickly people can turn their back on you. She is not sure if TW would stay by her side. Moreover, I feel that she feels guilty towards MW. She is fighting for truth and her past represents a contradiction to her own principles. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

She is fighting for truth and her past represents a contradiction to her own principles. 

Super like. That’s the show in a nutshell. How do you fight for the truth when your past was a lie?

Random observation. The senator’s hotel room looks exactly the same as the one where Joong Won and Hye Gyeung had their lunchtime romp in The Good Wife. Hah!

How do you make GIFS. Can someone please help me make a GIF of the scene where Tae Wook left his wife breakfast. I need to send it to my husband :lol:

DUDE THEY ARRESTED HYERAN WITHOUT A WARRANT & WITHOUT EVIDENCE (Sorry for the caps) seriously WTF!??!:huh:

Both the lawyers who interrogated Hyeran were major @$$----- the second guy with the wig made my blood boil:crazy: with his sexist remark! Don't even get me started on that Woe Is Me BS that is Eunjoo<_<:rolleyes: OY Taewook better have a solid game plan 'cause all these -------- need to get their butt whooped. I feel like the drama is trying to win over the women with shirtless scenes of Myungwoo, Kevin, Taewook. Hey I'm not complaining LoL:lol:

Oh was it me who hoped Eunjoo got run over by the stereotypical Truck Of Doom as she left Taewook's office as she crossed the road??!! That damn detective needs to be replaced as his emotions are clouding his judgment. He's no longer competent nor objectively capable to do his work.

Right now I'm not sure where this drama is headed, because it's now veered off from a whodunnit mystery to a political thriller of some kind...

9 hours ago, loveandpeace09 said:

I just hope TW does not get into trouble later into the series for destroying evidence (formatting the memory card on ES's laptop)

I feel this could be possible as ES goes crazy in episode 10 and probably could inform the detective that the memory card was formatted by TW - as for the evidence probably his fingerprints on her laptop as they show a lot of scenes of him clutching the laptop and crying...

(even though this could be hard to prove as TW could just simply say that he used her laptop the other day to help her with KL's contract...)

*biting nails*

Brain in overdrive - I am just praying that HR and TW are united in the end - I would not be able to take one of them being imprisoned or separated. 

:cold_sweat:

The chip isn't evidence of anything.Its just two people making love - its not like it is a video of a murder.  In fact there is not evidence there even was a crime  - its just an accident.  Don't worry - he can't be arrested for deleting a  chip of his wife kissing another man, it would be more of a crime if he kept it. :)   What was EJ thinking by wanting to bring it to the police and proving they had been long ago lovers? That is not proof of a motive to kill someone especially when the guy died in an accident (that could be interpreted as a  murder but there is no proof ).    The whole case against HR was let's suppose if this and let' suppose if that. Lot of crappola.

DF just posted 10 with subs!

Ah so now the detective is going to do a real investigation and the prosecutor is going to frame Hr.  It is no longer good enough to find the killer! or make someone the killer!  Now that Hr had the nerve to catch one of their own pleasuring himself with a High School girl - well we all know the rich powerful "men" of the world must protect their rights of the Senor.  How dare a mere woman embarrass one of her male masters!  These guys are scuzz balls .   I just hope they do not actually kill an innocent person in this one.  Perhaps goes with his feelings detective, will save the day and realize they are fixing the case against HR.

EJ has no reason to really believe Hr killed her husband.  Why would she if they are still in love like they said they are on the video tape ?  She knows about the old murder case but something that happened 19 years before is not relevant to this case. What is she saying - HR is a serial killer? Every 19 years she strikes down a man?    I do feel EJ"s pain, her loss of the baby and the humiliating betrayals - but she has to calm her mind and go on with her life.  Just because she hates HR perhaps with just cause from the info she has - is no reason to murder.

Hanil Steel was always on the  list of suspects if KL was killed.    The coroner said it looked "too perfect" and that is something thugs would coolie set up not someone who commits an unpremeditated crime of passion.  

MW  has appeared again in Hr' life, another man deeply in love with her and who protects her.    Her voice cracking when they met - shows she still loves him.   In the previews we hear her say that she thought she could handle a marriage if she wasn't in love. I guess she needed to feel in control and didn't want to face emotional pain of losing the one she cares about - like what happened with Mw  - but in the preview Hr is also shown to falling in love with her husband. Poor Mw.  

I feel like Hye Ran, Myung Woo and Eun Joo all involved with the murder case in the past and Eun Joo will use this to bring Hye Ran down no matter what. To me, Myung Woo and Hye Ran story is such a beautiful friendship and love. Myung Woo sacrificed himself for Hye Ran, he protected an innocent person and Hye Ran never forget him and became the reporter to fight for the injustice that both Myungwoo and her have to face.

i am satisfy with ep 10, regardless of Han Ji Won murdered Kelvin Lee for not, I want to applause her for being couragous, like how Hye Ran said to stand up for your colleagues and stand up for yourself. I hated Ji won in the beginning but I like how her character change here. She definitely takes prides in being a reporter that brings out the truth. This should be your work attitude being people who deliver news. It heartwarming to see that although broadcasting seems harsh in those first episode, they all seems more humane to me now. Hye Ran gets a lot of help and respect from colleagues and directors Jang. 

Very excited by the preview for Episode 11 and everyone's 19+ hopes! :D

I found an article about the press conference @triplem posted about yesterday. Seriously, the killer is up for discussion? I thought I read that they finished filming already. I wonder if that means they filmed many possible endings. 

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3045155

7 hours ago, xyr enc said:

Episode 10

7.692 Nationwide/1,720,000 Viewers

8.465 Seoul/1,002,000 Viewers

It remains as the No.1 Drama on Cable, and currently, the No.1 program at 11 PM

I had a feeling Sunday’s ratings were going to go through the roof. Saturday’s episode was amazing, while last Sunday’s drop was less than expected (winter Olympics finale). My Golden Life dropped by 15% and this show’s ratings barely moved.

@Jillia  

OMG thank you so much!! I was just joking but seriously...:lol: a hubby who lets you sleep in late and then has breakfast ready for you....!

7 hours ago, jd50 said:

Very excited by the preview for Episode 11 and everyone's 19+ hopes! :D

I found an article about the press conference @triplem posted about yesterday. Seriously, the killer is up for discussion? I thought I read that they finished filming already. I wonder if that means they filmed many possible endings. 

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3045155

The unconditional love that Ji shows his fictional wife on the series may be far from what people expect from love in real life. 

However, Ji believes that this kind of love is possible. 

“I believe unconditional love could exist in real life. I think many of the men in our society have a hard time showing love towards their partner. Maybe it’s because they’re shy,” Ji said. 

The actor added, “I understand because I used to be that way to my wife. After filming many dramas where I was able to play characters who are not afraid to show affection, I realized that it’s not such a hard thing to do. Once I began really appreciating my wife and showing my love for her, it got easier and easier until it became the most natural thing.”

I’m just dying here.:wub:

I read some other articles which said there’re a lot more twists and turns coming up. And another article by Go Jun that said the ending is unambiguous. He thought it might be vague but it’s pretty clear.

Hello everyone.

Haven't been here for a while.

ep 7 and 8 didn't push me to comment here as I was uncertain about the drama.

but ep 9 and 10 were epic.

Ha ji won

i love how she is now ghr comrade. how she is going to be ghr ally or foe in future. we are seeing her build her portfolio, so that she will be a formidable person in the show. previously she was weak and annoying. and her best line was when the detective approached her at the carpark about kevin lee case and she replied saying she wondered why only ghr was the suspect. 

The detective

seems that he is the only real neutral party. he is also like ghr, wanting to find the truth. he made used of the prosecutor but i think soon tables will be turned, or actually it has turned. but i find it funny how he recalled ghr words about she not using news to hide behind a murder but the news is being used to do a witch hunt against her. that scene when he recalled her words... he showed that he was starting to believe or even trust her. 

The prosecutor

he is wavering but he finally caved into getting into the club. the foreshadow has been stated. they will make ghr the suspect to save the prosecutor face. this will be annoying.

Tae wook

I don't like how he is living in denial about watching the blackbox clip. it will haunt him. he ought to tell ghr about it. ghr has already said that she was trying to appease kevin lee by meeting him, kissing him, recalling their past. i do not find any betrayal in that. she even stated that she needed taewook. taewook knows this. in fact he offered himself. but i guess he is still in shock over the physical intimacy and her declaration of their loveless relationship to another man, or rather a ex lover. 

i like how tae wook now shows his love for her by waiting for her after work, preparing breakfast... really hated the scene of him drinking and wallowing.

tae wook shows that he is weak but can find strength in his love for ghr when pushed to the extreme. 

eun joo

this annoying woman. deemed as a small threat by ghr but a huge threat by tw. in fact, ghr knows she is a huge threat and so she is shushing the attempted murder. i think she will not calm down until the final ep. i wonder what other ways she is going to thwart ghr life cos she has used up all her guns, last being telling tae wook about ghr past. 

myung woo

why does he look so loving to eun joo? are they brother and sister? he only loved ghr right? it will be a consolation if mw ends up with eun joo (since she keeps declaring she has nothing when actually she has ghr but she killed it). i rather mw loves ghr n ghr only. 

anyone knows why myung woo got released? he has been refusing release from prison but now he asked to be out? what is his goal? to keep ghr from jail while in jail and now he is out of jail to keep her from being in jail?

ghr

i was a bit surprised when she kept declaring to tae wook during their courting days that she has a lot of guys. this is weird given her personality. but i guess its true. and i am excited that she finally declares in preview for ep 11 that now she finds herself vulnerable as she is falling in love w tae wook. i love how she said that she was strong and bold when she entered the marriage. after all it was a purposeful one for her and not romance. 

her past is going to surface. her romance with kevin lee will surface. but i hope she will bring down all the unscrupulous people sitting up there.

for ep 11

i wonder whether her director and ghr will really go up against each other. their relationship is my favourite and i hope it will not be broken by anything. 

ha ji won may resumed being a threat again but i hope not as well.

they are up against 2 big construction companies, a powerful law firm and prosecutors/ government. 

ghr needs all the help she can get. i hope myung woo will be allowed to stay by her side (by tae wook). and i wonder how she falls in love w tae wook when myung woo is around now in the next ep.

thats all!

6 minutes ago, xoxobleach said:

Hello everyone.

Haven't been here for a while.

ep 7 and 8 didn't push me to comment here as I was uncertain about the drama.

but ep 9 and 10 were epic.

Ha ji won

i love how she is now ghr comrade. how she is going to be ghr ally or foe in future. we are seeing her build her portfolio, so that she will be a formidable person in the show. previously she was weak and annoying. and her best line was when the detective approached her at the carpark about kevin lee case and she replied saying she wondered why only ghr was the suspect. 

The detective

seems that he is the only real neutral party. he is also like ghr, wanting to find the truth. he made used of the prosecutor but i think soon tables will be turned, or actually it has turned. but i find it funny how he recalled ghr words about she not using news to hide behind a murder but the news is being used to do a witch hunt against her. that scene when he recalled her words... he showed that he was starting to believe or even trust her. I do not think he is neutral. He was prejudiced from the beginning and did a crappy investigation because he followed his "feelings" and only focused on HR w/o finding out about anyone else Kevin knew.  Hence his "shocked look when he found out HJw was the one who called Kevin that night - not Hr - he was clueless (literally and figuratively) he was not objective at all.  Now he might actually be the one to save HR as it dawns on him how corrupt the prosecutor's office is.

The prosecutor

he is wavering but he finally caved into getting into the club. the foreshadow has been stated. they will make ghr the suspect to save the prosecutor face. this will be annoying.  Not just to save face - but also to punish and hurt HR and shut her up for good.  They will frame her for murder.

Tae wook

I don't like how he is living in denial about watching the blackbox clip. it will haunt him. he ought to tell ghr about it. ghr has already said that she was trying to appease kevin lee by meeting him, kissing him, recalling their past. i do not find any betrayal in that. she even stated that she needed taewook. taewook knows this. infant he offered himself. but i guess he is still in shock over the physical intimacy and her declaration of their relationship to another man, or rather a ex lover. 

eun joo

this annoying woman. deemed as a small threat by ghr but a huge threat by tw. in fact, ghr knows she is a huge threat and so she is shushing the attempted murder. i think she will not calm down until the final ep. i wonder what other ways she is going to thwart ghr life cos she has used up all her guns, last being telling tae wook about ghr past. 

myung woo

why does he look so loving to eun joo? are they brother and sister? he only loved ghr right? it will be a consolation if mw ends up with eun joo (since she keeps declaring she has nothing when actually she has ghr but she killed it). i rather mw loves ghr n ghr only.  I think Mw knew her from high school days.  But he has been listening in and knows that EJ saw that video of Hr and her husband, and that she knows they were past lovers and that they were betraying her.  He also took her to the hospital and heard her wailing at the lost of her unborn child. He knows she has lost her mind and suffers from a case of Korean "han" = overwhelming desire for revenge even if you destroy yourself in the process. But it is possible they were close back then, (maybe in HS he left EJ for Hr too) but he does show a lot of sympathy for her.  She is quite pathetic at this point.   I thought TW was a little cold just giving her a plan ticket - this woman is in dire need of a friend, warmth and love. She has nothing.

ghr

i was a bit surprised when she kept declaring to tae wook during their courting days that she has a lot of guys. this is weird given her personality. but i guess its true. and i am excited that she finally declares in preview for ep 11 that now she finds herself vulnerable as she is falling in love w tae wook. i love how she said that she was strong and bold when she entered the marriage. after all it was a purposeful one for her and not romance. 

i like how tae wook now shows his love for her by waiting for her after work, preparing breakfast... really hated the scene of him drinking and wallowing. 

for ep 11

i wonder whether her director and ghr will really go up against each other. their relationship is my favourite and i hope it will not be broken by anything. 

ha ji won may resumed being a threat again but i hope not as well.

they are up against 2 big construction companies, a powerful law firm and prosecutors/ government. 

ghr needs all the help she can get. i hope myung woo will be allowed to stay by her side (by tae wook). and i wonder how she falls in love w tae wook when myung woo is around now in the next ep.

thats all!

17 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

I do not think he is neutral. He was prejudiced from the beginning and did a crappy investigation because he followed his "feelings" and only focused on HR w/o finding out about anyone else Kevin knew.  Hence his "shocked look when he found out HJw was the one who called Kevin that night - not Hr - he was clueless (literally and figuratively) he was not objective at all.  Now he might actually be the one to save HR as it dawns on him how corrupt the prosecutor's office is.

yea, i kind of forget my annoyance with him from the beginning after i watch ep 10. 

he had this black notebook with scribbles of ghr name.

do we know anything about that?

the detective was also seen in that jewelry shop as well - that was a flashback scene right?

was he the detective who put myung woo away or he knew myung woo was innocent. thats why he is after ghr now?

On 3/3/2018 at 9:19 AM, maddymappo said:

I don't understand, when did she call the cops?

My bad... she called Kevin.

About last night!! What the heck!! The Preview for ep 11!!! JTBC is evil!!!:D

I really don't remember what happened in the episode after I saw that preview so..... Imma read your comments!!

As you were!!

@USAFarmgirl well said, thank you.

Thumbs up again for HR for squashing Jung Dae Han, 'you dare play with me? i'll just step on you right back" hahaha! 

So the detective is clearing his head and starting over. His partner agreed that he made a mistake for not checking the call records. Now he is questioning JW, the last caller to KL something which they should have done at the beginning. What a load of bull! 

6 hours ago, maddymappo said:

EJ has no reason to really believe Hr killed her husband.  Why would she if they are still in love like they said they are on the video tape ?  She knows about the old murder case but something that happened 19 years before is not relevant to this case. What is she saying - HR is a serial killer? Every 19 years she strikes down a man?    I do feel EJ"s pain, her loss of the baby and the humiliating betrayals - but she has to calm her mind and go on with her life.  Just because she hates HR perhaps with just cause from the info she has - is no reason to murder.

EJ is way over her head with the video clip. I watched the clip again, and what HR said to KL in that video was all in the past tense, at least that what it was in the sub. HR said she loved him. She didn't want to remember him with hate and anger.  She was trying to shake the baztard off in a nice way.  

I have to say i have no pity for EJ for losing the baby, she did it to herself. She has no idea who the last caller was but chose to lie to the prosecutors and that didn't work out. She only brought anger and pain onto herself.  Her husband is gone, if she really loves the baby it should have been her priority. 

Anyway can't wait for Friday to come, why are they tempting us with that last few secs of the teaser. 

Archived