[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

23 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It seems that the police and prosecution are labouring under the assumption that this person who called Kevin is the last person to see Kevin and that this same person killed him. They're also assuming that Kevin didn't meet anyone else after that or that he could have gone somewhere else after he met this person. There could have been a series of unfortunate events that followed the call that has nothing to do with the person who called.

While we don't know who called Kevin yet, the question I want to ask is that with all the tech that's available these days, couldn't they have pulled up Kevin's call records? Have they? Did I miss something there?

As the great detective once said...

‘It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts’

I agree with you and the wisdom of the "great" detective.  As you stated the call might not have had anything to do with his accident.  I am adding the call might not have had anything to do with him going out.  He and EJ were arguing. He was sick of her nagging and perhaps KL used the call as an excuse to go out especially when she threw HR's name out.

I do not think TW killed KL. I think that TW was very upset when he saw his wife kissing another man and him touching her in an intimate way; however, one of the first things TW saw on the computer was HR angrily cursing JY.  I think TW is upset and hurt that he did not know that HR had an affair with KL and she never told him.   Because TW is an ex-prosecutor and now defense attorney,  he is trained to see contradictions and draw conclusions.  HR's behavior when she was alone was different than when she was with KL which tells him, she was acting when she was with KL.  I am sure that his first reaction was as a husband and he was hurt and shaken, but as he continues to think about what he saw, he will see it for what it is and continue to believe his wife.  HR needs to come clean with TW and put all of the cards on the table. 

EJ saw the same thing; however, she could only see HR as having everything including her husband and how unfair it is.  She never, thought that perhaps, HR is not in love with KL and was faking. She never stopped to think that HR; although, she did not tell her everything, told her the truth about the pictures.  EJ is jealous of HR.  EJ is so envious of HR's accomplishments and her great (don't cheat on his wife) upper class husband that she could not see the truth in front of her eyes.  It is a true statement that jealousy is as cruel as the grave and will not spare in the day of vengeance.  EJ sees an opportunity to hurt HR and ruin her life and she is going to do everything, including lie to take her down.   

I still think KL was involved in a fatal car accident, because of the weather and his own negligence.  My only other suspect is the one the police usually investigate first, the spouse,  EJ.  

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:
9 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Something bothers me.... HR never gave permission for her car to be searched and the black box chip to be removed. Detective Kang was not given the permission to get a warrant to search her car. So when EJ told her that she has the blackbox chip, she did not react in surprise as in "what are you talking about." No one was given any authority to search the car. Also, nowadays the newer model of cars blackbox is expertly hidden and connected to gadgets it is not easy to extract just by anyone, an engineer of the model of the car basically has to be the one to do it. So it is surprising that HR just accepted EJ's revelation. That chip could be from someone's camera as in the manager? HR should be on the phone to her lawyer telling them that her car was searched illegally or she might not want reveal that? But she should because whomever gave that chip to Kevin is the clue. Is HR getting sloppy. 

No, HR is not getting sloppy.  We know that the detective had HR's car illegally searched while he was questioning her.  He told his superior that they could not locate the clip from the black box and was reprimanded for illegally searching her car.   TW asked HR about the chip; therefore, she knew it was missing, HR did not know what happened to the chip and said the chip would prove her innocence.   The only thing no one knew was who had the chip from HR's car.  Therefore, when EJ said she had the chip, okay, HR now knows who had the chip; however, what EJ was saying was more important than reacting to the fact that EJ had the chip.  HR knows how to keep cool in the face of adversity; however, as we've seen several times, when the confrontation is over she nearly collapses.  HR has a great poker face.  If all her other income avenues close, she could make big bucks playing poker. 

I am impatiently waiting for Friday.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moral of the story (if you are in Tae Wook's place) is never marry someone blindfolded, and if you marry the person blindfolded anyway, get yourself ready for surprises. 

It must have been confusing being Tae Wook!

One moment, you see this young, glowing, fearless reporter. You think she is amusing.

TW's psyche level: amused!

Then she keeps rejecting you, but you think of it was a joke, because you believe that with your background, there is no chance anyone could have rejected you.

TW's psyche level: challenged.

So you told her to come to you nevertheless, and drop the other guys (which you believe she made-up only to reject you)

TW's psyche level: confident! Nobody is better than me. Those guys must have been living next door to unicorns and flying giraffes!

Then you see this ruthless 'thank you for your pregnancy gift, but i am getting an abortion' woman that is your wife.

TW's: disbelief. Wow she really dislikes me that much? Am I seeing this right? Oh sh**, who is this person? Did I make mistake??

Then you withdraw yourself and get into that pit of being alone.

TW's: i dont know what i am supposed to do anymore. I am just an accessory to her job. But I cannot backoff now. I am a gentleman. I have given her my word that she can use me. I AM SCREWEEEDDDD. so i will stay here and do nothing. I cant take step forward, i cant take step backward.

then KL happens and all hell's breaks loose.

This is just a joke, you guys. But I can pretty much imagine how it must have felt to be Tae Wook. 

Anyway, anyone could have killed KL. Hyeran, Eunjoo, Jiwon, Taewook, etc. I guess I am more at peace because from the day of the first interview, I saw KL as troublemaker, a jerk, and then, a womanizer too. For me, he is the real villain in this drama. Anyone, anyone at all, could have understandably kill him at some point.

8 hours ago, zenya22 said:

the question then remains, does she know that the EDR chip, or the black box was taken and that was why she was not surprised?  If she was the one who took it out and that is why she is not surprised, she still would ask what chip EJ was talking about. Is the blackbox easy to just pick up? Is it easy for another person who is not the car owner to recognize or know where the blackbox is without it triggering some kind of an alarm? I am curious.

As for detective Kang,  our writer has exposed his back to the wind and maybe will make him choke on his mustard later? 

She knew the blackbox chip was taken because she looked for it before she took the car to the shop to be repaired. She told TW the chip was gone.   Since Kl set her up with the Thai photos - I am sure she was not surprised he he would do something like that again    She had no real way of knowing who took it, but she probably had suspicions it was going to turn up.

Brief translation:

Prosecutor Byun: Name.
Hye Ran: (cold stare)
PB: Name!
Hye Ran: Go Hye Ran (formal)
PB: When was the first time you met Kevin Lee?
HR: I met him unexpectedly at the airport (me: it’s true! Before that he was Lee Jae Young to her)
Eun Joo: She planned it from the start. That’s why she went to the airport to wait for us. That’s why she made that request of me at her mother’s funeral.
PB: Why do you think Go Hye Ran killed your husband?
EJ: Because Hye Ran is that kind of kid. Ever since high school...she can stoop to anything once she sets her mind to it...(including) getting rid of whatever's in her way
PB: Why did you meet Kevin Lee that night? Did you plan to kill him from the start? Or did you meet him for some other reason and then...
HR: Do you have a witness? Do you have a cctv recording at the incident? You xxx don’t! You don’t have any proof!
EJ: Hye Ran was the last one to call him.
Detectives : Who made that last phone call?
Hoobae: According to our records, it was a call from inside JBC

@justamom  Thank you. This is very exciting. Count down to tomorrow's episode.  Seems like EJ is going for the jugular and perjuring herself.   Ah, but inside JBC!   There are quite a few maybes - The station manager, directer, asst Kwak, HJw, and Lee Yeon Jung (Prosecutor's own wife).   This drama never disappoints!

Do you guys think it’s HR’s assistant Kwak? He has been the one privy to everything that HR is doing . He saw those private moments Kevin & HR had. Maybe he was trying to lure Kevin out with some dirt he recorded of them 

@triplem Same thoughts, there's more that hasn't been revealed to us. But if it's Reporter Kwak, I think he's trying to protect Hye Ran

Could it be the vice president who was playing golf with Kevin earlier? But that would only be possible if they have a more informal relationship.

Hye Ran's boss? But they've never spoken one-on-one before, not that we know.

From the way he talked (mix of banmal and jondaemal), it still points to Han Ji Won. But why?? And she was supposed to be stationed in Daejeon so she would have used her handphone.

One more thing to remember. Kevin rushed out of the house without his first jacket and the chip inside. So it wasn't to pass the chip to someone else (my original thought).

I LOVE the way Hye Ran stared at the prosecutor (remember, she knows him already as part of the nasty couple). That glare! Like "are you stupid or what?" :o

It's FRIDAY = MISTY DAY!!

Even while I don't understand all that much, I find the back and forth in the preview between the two women quite compelling in terms of performance and storytelling. Good stuff. But in terms of a proper rigorous investigation, it's absolute rubbish. Okay, I understand that they have to take "witness" statements but the prosecutor is leading the witness and not pushing her hard enough to substantiate her statements. If this what he means by "skill"... you've got to wonder. Of course he has an agenda that he's trying to push but he'd better have more than just unsubstantiated claims by the time they go to court. I certainly hope someone at the very least questions the reliability of the witness if she's so obviously biased.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:05 AM, marinated_lemon said:

Anyway, anyone could have killed KL. Hyeran, Eunjoo, Jiwon, Taewook, etc. I guess I am more at peace because from the day of the first interview, I saw KL as troublemaker, a jerk, and then, a womanizer too. For me, he is the real villain in this drama. Anyone, anyone at all, could have understandably kill him at some point.

I don't think anyone could have killed KL. :wink: On top of motive and opportunity, the person's character also comes into it...  having the means to do it... and whether they believe anything can be gained by it.

As for people wanting to kill Kevin, I'm sure there's a bit of a queue. But whether they would actually do it when push comes to shove, that remains to be seen. 

As for Kevin being the villain, I'm with you. He is a ticking timebomb. Which is partly why I think it's more likely nobody in particularly actually killed him. He probably did get into all kinds of trouble including getting himself hit on the head. 

@triplem Not sure about Kwak. Don't know enough about him outside of the workplace. But it's an interesting thought because I get the impression that Kevin must have been quite busy that night.

But yeah, blackmailers are seldom murderers because they have little to gain by killing.

@justamom @40somethingahjumma Hmm, maybe  Kwak is not the killer. But I’m wondering if he is the one that Kevin met after that 1am phone call. 

Let’s just say that Kevin was not intentionally murdered. Can the person who assaulted him be liable for involuntary manslaughter ? After all he was hit on the head & injured on the wrist - that could hv caused some sort of trauma that led to him losing control while driving. 

Jtbc had a press con. The OTP looks great .

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Even while I don't understand all that much, I find the back and forth in the preview between the two women quite compelling in terms of performance and storytelling. Good stuff. But in terms of a proper rigorous investigation, it's absolute rubbish. Okay, I understand that they have to take "witness" statements but the prosecutor is leading the witness and not pushing her hard enough to substantiate her statements. If this what he means by "skill"... you've got to wonder. Of course he has an agenda that he's trying to push but he'd better have more than just unsubstantiated claims by the time they go to court. I certainly hope someone at the very least questions the reliability of the witness if she's so obviously biased.

His agenda isn't to find out the truth. It's to bring down Go Hye Ran and her husband. Both direct rivals of him and his wife.

I agree it's a rubbish investigation. But it's fiction, not a documentary. Things we see in real life exaggerated and taken to the extreme. It's the best kind of fiction to me, because they only show what's important and you have to concentrate really hard. There's no fluff. It's so tightly written and edited. 

@triplem omo Kim Nam Joo is fast becoming my new heroine. Those photos are gorgeous. What a stunner!

@triplem 

That's what I'm inclined to think. Kevin probably got into an altercation with someone, hit his head and was a bit wobbly on his pins and stumbled into his car to get away. He probably wasn't in great shape when he was driving and crashed. That's one of my theories anyway. :D There's a part of me that's still clinging on to  the belief that he took his own life out of spite :tongue:

It's possible that Kwak or HJ were the ones that made the call from JBC but again, it doesn't necessarily make them guilty of murder, if a murder has indeed been committed.

48 minutes ago, justamom said:

His agenda isn't to find out the truth. It's to bring down Go Hye Ran and her husband. Both direct rivals of him and his wife.

I agree it's a rubbish investigation. But it's fiction, not a documentary. Things we see in real life exaggerated and taken to the extreme. It's the best kind of fiction to me, because they only show what's important and you have to concentrate really hard. There's no fluff. It's so tightly written and edited. 

To be fair, I suppose I shouldn't judge the entire episode based on a two and half minute clip. 

But it's a kangaroo investigation and I should just take a deep breath before I watch it tomorrow or the day after. :D There's always the acting to look forward to and the prospect of seeing who's more adept at spinning half truths.

Archived