[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

Ep 9 subs are out but a mess so have only watched first 15 min/YT clips, read recaps and posts:

Okay, so we’d initially been thinking too tamely about the steel company.  HR stumbled onto a huge and long-standing criminal network involving businessmen, politicians and those in law…nothing as simple as KL and his contract/pay/impact on company image.  Kim Myung Gon plays another bad-guy role. This past week I was thinking the way of others who’ve speculated that it was an accident on a bad road in bad weather and at night – and after a few drinks.  We’ll see.  Everyone else seems like a reach though some accidental harm seems possible, too. EJ could have wanted him dead when angry and hurt but doesn’t have the strength. KL’s manager, maybe in an argument, he’s a lot shorter than KL but from behind with a long-handled weapon…

Last eps I have been glad to see some good relations between 2 women, HR and HJW, instead of the usual clawing and competing.   I really didn’t want HJW to be the “bad girl” and HR plotting more tactics as they fight for the same seat. That’s tired.

Such a good show that it detracts when the writer posits such flagrantly bad police work and procedures – arresting someone before getting the phone records on which you are basing some of your case???? Come on!  BUT: we may want to wait a bit before we send our writer to Writing Crime Dramas School: perhaps the point of showing the detective, prosecutor team and "higher ups" this way is to  underscore how innocent people get hurt and laws flagrantly violated due to sloppy investigations and corruption -- and it circles back to HR’s “realization of a just society” and role of media as articulated by HR at dinner in Thailand and in early days to TW.  A theme weaving through and affecting the story of TW and HR.  I can’t wait to see where HR and TW are headed.  And may justice prevail!

Still glued to the screen when TW is there:  The bar scenes when he kept going over what he heard/saw between HR/KL.  OMG!  Our “force of nature” breaking that glass with his bare hands!  Aaaaah! :scream:  Read that JJH turns 47 in June and this year will be married for 15.  I always feel so happy when an especially attractive or beautiful actor seems to be happily married.  2 kids too.  Good for him!

More, quickly…

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kang Tae Wook is a super husband that doesn't exist in real life! I'd say he is almost super human too (I'm joking around so bear with me :D). In this episode, TW:

• has a photographic memory for EJ's door code
  • can drink two whole bottles of Glenfiddich neat (no ice, no water) without alcohol poisoning
  • breaks a crystal glass with one hand
  • is a tech smarty that reformats a micro-SD repeatedly by pounding both the mouse and the keyboard
  • whips on his shirt (nice back!) and models several overcoats like a fashion model

BTW, I am convinced that TW knows MW is bugging his office. It is either an arrangement between them (less calling because manager does not seem aware of MW working for them) or TW found out about it. TW speaks very carefully and loudly to EJ whenever she brings up HR cheating. As if TW wants MW to know very clearly he loves HR and does not suspect her.

This is TRUE LOVE!!

GHR hasn't showered for the last 56 hours minimum but he holds her by the shoulders and they walk down the victory carpet!

If I was GHR, I would have raced out of that place! The first place I would be running to would be my shower. That epic STAIR scene would not have happened. NOOOOO!! :grin:. A 30 minute shower to wash away all the evil and "prosecutorial" misconduct and indignity that I suffered!! KTW would not see me until my face is exfoliated. That's when we would have had our very long moment. Not just a stair scene! hihihihi!

- I love how GHR finally vocalised to herself what KTW did for her.:heart: I also love how her reporter friend is always showing her what a great husband she has!

Suspects list:

- Why did Han Ji Won call the cops? What did she say? What's her role in all this? can we also just get rid off GHR's team leader?!!??!

- Why did the Station Chief take the flash disk from GHR? Isn't he the reason the news on Kang Construction etc was not aired? The guy who acts his part always does the bad guy role, so I was wondering when he would show signs of being a crook. He must be in bed with Hanil and Co.

I think HJW wanted to air the story but had nothing to go on without that flash disk.

- I had hoped KTW would do something to that memory card. But it would have been inconsistent with his stratospheric values. thank GOD he did.

- I also like that FOR ONCE, a character FORMATTED the flash disk. She did not just hit DELETE. How do you hit delete, only for the evidence to go to the RECYCLE BIN? I find that so silly!! At least do a SHIFT-Delete!

A formatted disk can still have data retrieved by experts, but the average person suffers setback with a re-format.

- GHR And KTW need to stop staring at one another like in the stair scene and the preview...... There's a cheering song that we sing at sporting events when a goal/basket/score has been made; We want another one (KISS in this case)! Just like the other one! 

- I think bringing down Hanil steel and Kang Const, will reveal Kevin's death. The corrupt companies are too important in the story now to be a separate issue from his death. Did Kevin confront HanIl about the "Unpaid wages" case? Did GHR tell him about what they were doing after she saw her husband's case? Is that why they offed him?

- I have to hand it to the writer, she is running circles around us! I am sure she reads netizens opinions and laughs her head off.

- Poor Eun Joo!! She really needs to have a proper cry, grieve properly for the ten years wasted efforts, the ten years of constant betrayal, the realisation that Kevin never really loved her.... I think these things have piled up over the years, at the back of her mind, eating her inside, and she's finally snapped....:mellow:

3 hours ago, jd50 said:

can drink two whole bottles of Glenfiddich neat (no ice, no water) without alcohol poisoning

Someone noticed that its a fake azz bottle of Lenfiddich:D, while I was busy getting annoyed at him grieving while GHR is in jail.

I can't believe they arrested HR as a suspect in KL's murder but went and cleaned out her desk and even the editing room. Shouldn't they be questioning witnesses at the scene of the accident, check out cctvs, secure phone call records et al. It clear enough that the people in power are moving the hands of justice. At the end of the day its all about richard simmons kissing, back stabbing and the powerful against the powerless. 

The detective defenitely has an agenda. He is otw to retirement and this is probably his last case. When he found that brooch he thinks its his last chance to get what he failed to do 19 yrs before. He doesn't realize that he is being used.

So TW deleted the video clip, bravo! He must be tearing to pieces inside whilst doing that over and over. I applaud TW for standing by HR but sorry that he got slapped for it.  I really want to believe such a man exists. 

As for EJ i'm inclined to believe that she planted that brooch at the scene of the accident. HR was last seen wearing the brooch when she was comforting EJ in the ladies room. HR could have dropped it and was picked up by EJ.  I think EJ had already made up her mind about HR when she heard from HJW that KL and HR were having an affair. That anger must be burning inside when she failed to make TW leave HR. 

I can't make out the last few seconds of the teaser, its a man's voice is saying "I've lost something, but i don't know what it is". Is it Kevin's voice?

Been looking at TW/HR personalities/relationship during so much Misty action, re-watching eps  (Had forgotten how hhott ep 2 was, lots of KL turning up the heat * fans self *)

Thoughts on TW: 

It’s hard for me to accept that TW could hang around resentful and sexless for 7 years, but that’s the story and I’ll take it as an example of his passive nature.  I had misremembered that HR’s abortion/anchor job was 5, and not actually 7, years earlier and 3 years into their marriage.  While TW’s character seems too good to be true as a mate, their relationship is plausible in a “you provide missing parts of me” equation.  For TW, HR provides excitement and spunk, something TW is too staid to get into…can’t imagine growing up in his stultifying family.  He enjoys her ambitious drive and gets to enjoy going along for HR’s ride.  She “makes a life” for him in some ways.

Before marriage, TW talks about his attraction -- that he’d never seen anyone speak the way HR did to a prosecutor and say things like he was a “crazy punk,” smiling and laughing the whole time he’s saying this.  She must have been a breath of fresh air in his family/prosecutor life.  In ep 8, I think it was, someone referred to HR as “crazy” and going to do “whatever she wanted,” and TW had this very satisfied smile and look like “yes, and she’s mine.”  He was proud of her for acting in ways he never would. The 2-hr wait…hard to believe but kinda goes with the 7-yr sexless co-habitation cold shoulder.  This guy can endure!  Part of his family training probably.

Re-watching the scene where TW picks out the brooch to celebrate their baby (such a great guy!) and upon giving it to HR hears that she’s aborting or has aborted, I thought JJH was superb in that scene.  For TW, I not only wish he receives a lot of love and tenderness from HR (after she clears up ALL the bad communications) but that he comes out of his shell some, too, that he finds a more forceful voice with HR.  I don’t mean argumentative or competitive.  HR runs right over TW’s lack of “showing up” in an ongoing natural way.  He doesn’t need to be more like her but to express more of him.

Thoughts on HR:

It’s odd to me that HR deals in so many half-truths in her personal relations.  Seems unnecessary and as some of us noted, she deletes just the information that would lead to more positive, trusting outcomes – and is hurt by the complications that result.  As a top anchor this seems a stretch…but it is K-drama after all, so I’ll go with it. 

HR’s professional skills don’t bleed through to her personal life.  There, HR seems to think she can say anything to anybody at any time without repercussions.  We’ve all noted the many “misses” she’s had with her husband – over years.  Her handling of the meeting with EJ, when confronted with the black box content, was clearly going to promote hate in EJ...revenge an easy next step…Kevin was her husband 4crying out loud, the one she cleaned offices for.  HR underestimated EJ at least and as another woman had no empathy.  But at work, she’s leading the troops, bolding going…These are the scenes where HR shines, the actress, too, IMO.  

For HR, I’d like her to find her heart and lead and love in a more integrated way.  Maybe the trauma of years ago has caused HR to “manage well” in arenas that aren’t personal ones and not tend within.  She’s gorgeous, beautifully coiffed and made up, dressed to the nines, totally articulate and seemingly valiant -- and like a calculator inside.  

Episode 10 is coming up in a couple hours!!!!! Reading all the guesses on what is going to happen keeps me sane. I think I wouldn't be able to marathon Misty unless I just camped out in our home for two days with a do not disturb sign on the door and enough food/water in the room to keep me alive.

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

Laica

Misty: The immense amount of praise I’d heard about this drama meant that I went into it with both high expectations and none at all—since the only thing I knew about Misty when I started watching was that Kim Nam-joo wears killer pantsuits. (She does. I especially lust after that red one.) Three episodes in and I am completely enamored with this moody, tightly written, unusual drama about an antiheroine who is so fascinating to watch, I don’t even hate her. But I do wish she would stop breaking her poor husband’s heart; the man is a marshmallow and it wouldn’t take much to melt him if she really tried. (But does she even want to? What are her true intentions? I don’t knooooow! It’s so great!)

TeriYaki

Misty: I’m through Episode 7 and had to take a (temporary) break from the intensity. This drama is just so good, but the tension is constant (how does this drama manage to do that week after week?) and I realized that I would probably enjoy it more in mini-binges. Kim Nam-joo and Ji Jin-hee are terrific as a couple who can’t live with each other but can’t seem to live without each other either. Kevin Lee’s murder case has forced them from their limbo and it’s fascinating to watch them struggle with how they really feel about each other. I’m confident that they’ll find their way back to each other but I feel for Tae-wook, who’s convinced more and more that his love is one-sided. At this point in the story, I’m most interested to know what part Eun-jo played in Hye-ran’s past and what a reunion with Myung-woo will look like. Eun-jo is vindictive, especially towards Hye-ran, and her reasons must have their beginnings in their youth. The importance of that case grows with each episode and I can’t wait to learn what exactly happened 20 years ago.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/03/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-93/

I agree that the tension on this drama is so high. Not much has happened in episode 9 but I felt the tension the whole episode. I am glad they adressed that the police investigation and prosecutor case was weak in Kevin Lee murder and they showed that it was other factors who let to Hye Ran`s arest. It is not enough for me to watch just two episodes a week. :wink:

So Ji Won was the person who called Kevin Lee that night. Hmmmmm... I bet we`ll found out other informations. I am cheering for Hye Ran and News Nine to uncover the corruption all the way.

Just watched yesterdays episode and man that was so intense. All this time i thought this story was about Kevin Lee's Murder and then Hwani Steel but now i get the impresion that the detective had this all planned to go behind GHR and her past where MW is also connected. Definetly there will be more plot twists in the upcoming episodes and cannot wait to see what happens next. EJ is totally out of her mind but she was being true with the prosecutor except for the fact that she was determined it was GHR who spoke to KL last and she killed her husband.

Is there any way to watch it live? I checked few links but they are not working.

I just hope TW does not get into trouble later into the series for destroying evidence (formatting the memory card on ES's laptop)

I feel this could be possible as ES goes crazy in episode 10 and probably could inform the detective that the memory card was formatted by TW - as for the evidence probably his fingerprints on her laptop as they show a lot of scenes of him clutching the laptop and crying...

(even though this could be hard to prove as TW could just simply say that he used her laptop the other day to help her with KL's contract...)

*biting nails*

Brain in overdrive - I am just praying that HR and TW are united in the end - I would not be able to take one of them being imprisoned or separated. 

:cold_sweat:

40 minutes ago, mimisl123 said:

Is there any way to watch it live? I checked few links but they are not working.

Haven’t found one yet! I might just get a US VPN to watch later episodes. For tonight, hanging out at @V‘s bah doo and watching JTBC clips on you tube. They upload pretty fast usually within minutes so it almost feels like I’ve watched it live :)

On 2/26/2018 at 11:01 AM, Carmarie said:

At first I thought that HR should have revealed her former relationship with JY; however,  after seeing EJ for what she really is, vindictive, small minded and insecure, it would not have mattered.  Her goal is to take HR down.  I have not decided if it is because she is hurt or if it is because she is just spiteful.  As I look at it today, I think that HR was more of a friend to EJ than EJ was a friend to he

I think all of the above emotions will be involved. But more than hurt, anger and spitefulness, is the emotion of fear and as humans our first reactions to fear embedded in our psyche is fight or flight. Her fear of losing a husband that was maybe connected to an event long ago, someone she liked had not responded in kind because he liked someone else, her friend. Her fear of her husband turning his back on her because of her friend drove her reactions that day. Her first response after she met with HR re: pictures of Kevin and HR, was flight. She booked herself and Kevin tickets to fly back to America the next day. She did not fear JW as she thought of her as another Kevin floosy she could just pay off but she feared HR. In the fight with Kevin, she said, she can understand Kevin’s dallying with JW but not HR, her friend. When she said that Kevin who was about to take a drink from a bottle, stopped and with the bottle halfway to his mouth just stared at EJ. The camera focused on his face and his reaction then the phone rang. So, that reaction may have really stayed with EJ because when she first talked about JW, no reaction or camera focusing, Kevin just ignoring EJ but when she mentioned HR, the camera focused on his reaction. This is really not about Kevin, it is about her feelings for HR. I think she also liked HR as a friend at the same time envies and fears her. For me, one of the things I think this drama is conveying is the lack of understanding of our own selves, our emotions. Emotions are very complex and if we don’t understand ourselves and what drives us, these emotions can entangle us to situations we next regret. EJ is a prime example. She never got over her fear of losing whether that fear is real or not. Now she is in the "fight" mode

2 hours ago, loveandpeace09 said:

I just hope TW does not get into trouble later into the series for destroying evidence (formatting the memory card on ES's laptop)

Me too...i mean the CCTV outside her door could easily capture him entering her house without permission.

I have yet to watch subbed eps 9 but i did zoom to the last bit and even without subs, this scene brought about a lot emotions. I want them to have a happy ending. They have to be the end game in this drama! Made these gifs cause i loved it so much.

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Grateful for @V 's recaps here https://www.bah-doo.com/misty-live-recap-episode-10/

2 hours ago, mimisl123 said:

Just watched yesterdays episode and man that was so intense. All this time i thought this story was about Kevin Lee's Murder and then Hwani Steel but now i get the impresion that the detective had this all planned to go behind GHR and her past where MW is also connected. Definetly there will be more plot twists in the upcoming episodes and cannot wait to see what happens next. EJ is totally out of her mind but she was being true with the prosecutor except for the fact that she was determined it was GHR who spoke to KL last and she killed her husband.

Yeah, you are right about the detective. However, the detective is not the only one who wants to bring HR down. I still think that murder of Kevin is on the cards, that I still trust the detective’s instincts regarding the findings in the autopsy. (I am not defending the detective here, this is not about the detective, I agree he did not do a good detecting concerning Kevin Lee Case,) but for me those findings in the autopsy report bothers me. I still think that the death of Kevin is pertinent and Hwanil Steel is involved. Just me thinking here.

However, yes the plot twist of what happened long ago is also gripping. What really happened long ago, becausis what EJ’s churning feelings is all about and what the detective’s obsession is all about. Can’t wait for the next episodes.

From V's recaps

Spoiler

HR goes down the escalator and sees someone…her husband. She stops as she just take him in for a moment and then walks up to him. She asks him what happened and he says that he saw what happened online. She made a big trouble, he is worred about her, she should be ready. She asks him about dinner, she is hungry, does he want to have some udon before they go home? He says he does, lets do that.

They start to leave but then they stop, they see EJ walking toward them like a ghost. HR tells TW to just wait there for a little bit, she will talk to her. TW doesn’t want her to, but HR says it is okay.

HR approaches EJ and tells her that they should talk. Because of her, she was arrested…so she wants to hear why she did it. What was she thinking? Why did she lie? TW looks at them closely, EJ looks suspicious.

EJ tells HR to die, she whispers for HR to just die. TW calls HR’s name and HR’s head turns. EJ runs at HR with a fork and is about to stab her with it. TW runs to HR’s side…but then the mystery man comes in and stops EJ. He grabs the knife and we see these two men holding these two woman.

But it looks like EJ might know MW? He tells EJ, stop. EJ drops the fork in shock and HR looks at them both in shock.

Flashback to MW following EJ around. He saw her collapse on the street and he was the one to come rushing to her side, he told everyone to call 911 and held EJ. Then in the hospital, EJ gets the news of the miscarriage and MW is there as well, he watches EJ crying over the baby even though she didn’t see him.

Back in the lobby, EJ starts to cry as MW holds her arms back. HR is still stunned as she looks at him and TW feels that something is going on here.

-----------------------

HOSPITAL
TW meets with EJ and talks to her about EJ harming HR. But EJ just talks about TW, how could she be more like TW? He saw everything, yet he still stands with HR. TW says that HR has nothing to do with her husbands case but EJ isn’t convinced. TW tells her to leave and not come in front of them anymore.

But then EJ asks TW, what if this isn’t the first time….what if this isn’t the first time that HR killed someone?

We cut to HR walking outside.

EJ voices over that, TW should look up a murder case in a jewelry shop. There was a kid accused of murder back then. This stupid guy that loved HR, a one-sided love.

We see HR stop when she sees MW in front of her

That guy showed up yesterday, this guy that protected HR…that guy. TW looks off as he thinks about this and we cut to HR meeting MW.

MW – I haven’t seen you for a while HR
HR – (tearing) Hello Myung-woo

They look at each other for a moment as they stand outside.

TW and EJ look at each other, but TW slowly turns and leaves the hospital room.

I think these parts above were the most important things that happened to eps 10 - TW is the only one in the dark about what happened to HR back then in the shop. We suspect that MW killed the owner or someone and my guess was the owner was trying to assault / rape HR and MW killed the man. But it seems like from recaps Eun Joo is hinting that HR was the murderer (of course EJ could be lying). Is this why HR still does not want to tell TW anything? I really need her to come clean with TW .

Misty-SMTP1111.jpg&key=2d6cd68918a1e9062misty-korean-drama-goo-ja-sung.png?w=640images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTszd4ilvF8wnpERYNzQF

All of a sudden the title Misty makes sense to me...

Everything including characters a bit out of focus just like it's story...

Like a blur so well written and shown that it makes us all strive to look harder and more intense in finding the truth ourselves...

Who doesn't love this kind of drama that makes you feel as if you are Sherlock Holmes and everyone else's posts and thoughts are your Watson.  And we have some amazing Watson's here I might add.  Who I believe could teach this dramas prosecutor and team a few things am I right?  LOL:lol:

Still filled with so many unanswered questions myself but so loving every episode and so moved by the amazing acting that we continue to be given.  I find the OTP and their relationship a mixture of misunderstanding and yet so bonded by promise and as crazy as it may sound respect and admiration.  TW although keeping HR at arms length physically for years, kept her close within his heart.  He goes on to prove it through his actions and sacrifices despite his brokenness.  I won't say I wasn't disappointed in his asking for a favor or in his getting rid of evidence.  For there is a lot to be said for truth and justice.  And as much as I love him being a knight to the woman he loves.  Still it worries me the price he willingly paid and my hope is that GHR realizes that this time. To stand so tall it was the love and sacrifice of one man who gave all he had including knowing all he knew just to hold her up ...

As for EJ her marriage to JY was over before it even started for his heart belonged to another even before he laid his ring on that table and walked out.  Even more was the fact that in truth it wasn't her that inspired JY to be the famous Kevin Lee it was his need to prove to HR that he was worthy of a woman such as her...

KS doesn't only admire HR I have a feeling he may have feelings for her as well.  It is not unlike all the men and women who surround GHR and to be honest are WOWED by just her presence.  Watching her walking into a room or leaving it is like watching lightening or feeling thunder.  She is a force within herself and whether you're with her or against her you not only can see it you can feel it...  

The detectives little  black book was filled with red thumbprints in which payment was made makes me more want to know what is his relationship to that case and also what did EJ know about it as well.  For there seems to be some history that EJ wasn't over?

KJ is a lot like EJ a victim used but not cared for by Kevin Lee to get from one place to another still not sure how I feel about her yet...

My favorite character GHR who although I may not agree with everything she does or has done but there is no doubt she is a force to be reckoned with....

2 hours ago, triplem said:

We suspect that MW killed the owner or someone and my guess was the owner was trying to assault / rape HR and MW killed the man. But it seems like from recaps Eun Joo is hinting that HR was the murderer (of course EJ could be lying). Is this why HR still does not want to tell TW anything? I really need her to come clean with TW .

My theory. Myung Woo is the guy who came in between Hye Ran and Eun Joo. Eun Joo blames Hye Ran for what happened. That is her grudge - she does not understand why her girl crush Myung Woo sacrificed himself for Hye Ran.

Spoiler

“그만해” - just the way he says it to Eun Joo, I’ve seen that line before, it’s said with the tone of someone weary of dealing with an obsessive/formerly obsessive admirer

Repeat 19 years later with Kevin Lee. That’s why she reacted so badly.

edit: just finished RAW and am even more convinced now that Eun Joo had a thing for Myung Woo!

@triplem I don't think that MW killed the man, he just sacrificed himself in order to protect GHR. GHR had to give the man some money. Honestly, I am more and more convinced that EJ was a witness of the attempted rape on GHR but she did nothing. We were given many clues in the last three episodes:

- First the song. Notice that when the man was closing the store, the music was playing. EJ knew how GHR would react to that song. That's why she lied to TW. Since she could anticipate GHR's reaction, she must have been present, when the man was about to assault GHR.

- Secondly, she mentioned the terrible past of GHR to TW: "she had a terrible past she wouldn't even talk to anyone". Her words really underline that she knows that something really bad happened to GHR, yet she shows no empathy for GHR. When she mentioned it, she was actually mad at TW and GHR. She wanted to point out that TW was just a clueless person who had no idea about his wife's past.

- Since she couldn't turn GHR into an adulterer, she wants to hurt GHR again but in a different way. Now, the secret from the past has to resurface. If she was a murderer once, then she can kill someone again. If so, TW would leave GHR's side.

In my opinion, MW knew that if GHR is accused, she will be convicted, although she was a victim because she owned the man money. GHR was the daughter of a single mother, both had not much money. I guess, the victim's family would have rejected the idea that the man was sexually harassing GHR. MW said that he did it in order to protect a weak person. 

To conclude, SEJ has never been a real friend to GHR, especially if my theory is correct (EJ was a witness and GHR is unaware of it). She was envious of GHR who seemed to be so confident and attracted a lot of men. The way she spoke about GHR's past was really telling: she was popular among boys. I guess, she wished, she would have been in her place. Her envy is visible from the beginning. At the airport, EJ was showing off in front of GHR in order to make her jealous. She wanted once to be the one who is envied. Yet she failed. Striking is that despite her claim (GHR is my friend), we can see EJ's schadenfreude (malicious joy), when she is listening to the song "Knocking on Heavens' door". She didn't listen to it, just when TW was with her. She kept listening to it many times which shows that the song made her remember GHR's past misery and she kind of enjoyed.

I have no real sympathy for EJ because she keeps blaming GHR and KL without questioning her own behaviour. Unlike her, TW blames himself if something bad happens in his couple. And he is not entirely wrong because if we look at  their past, both were responsible for the struggles in their marriage. TW f. ex.  never understood why GHR got an abortion and he didn't think about her feelings back then. He only thought, she was ambitious and greedy... but the truth was that GHR had not been accepted by her family-in-law hence she knew that she had to become more successful in her job so that she would be invited by her in-laws at some point. She was under pressure... GHR has never learnt to show any feelings to anyone. She is afraid of showing her weak side, especially after losing HMW... the only one who truly supported her no matter what.

Finally, even the Black box really showed how GHR was thinking about KL. On her way to meet him, GHR was calling him a bastard! And this really seems to indicate that GHR was definitely not in love with KL.    

Archived