[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, jellybellymonster said:
Spoiler

I love that after hearing she's sad about remembering her one-sided crush, MH asks her to play video games. Even more funny, BS totally annihilates him and he just wants one more rund but she just goes to sleep. LOL

It was sweet of MH to show us how he already cares for BS by effectively distracting BS from her somber mood but I don't think he quite expected her to beat him in the gaming arena (he's the CEO of a gaming company for crying out loud!). That was too funny! It may be a kick to his ego but I bet the level of his awe and admiration for Bong Soon keeps getting higher and higher! :blush:

Spoiler

He's totally relishing that injury so he can be more clingy.

It IS pretty obvious that MH desires skinship with BS.. You aren't fooling us one bit, gorgeous boy. We're onto you! :wink:

9 hours ago, triplem said:

haha, I like how she checked if her clothes were on...she has byuntae thoughts too...

Haha, that didn't even occur to me.. This girl.. and she looks so innocent!  :tongue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

And our Gook Du - oh dear...this poor guy, it's just not his year is it? First, he loses a victim, then his GF is about to cheat on him and he seems to have conflicted feelings about BS. And it all happens in that one and only hospital in Seoul. 

Yea, poor GD.. Perhaps it's meant to loosen him up? His character is too square. 

Look at all the potential messy love lines here in one screen..

Nice catch, @triplem

Spoiler

And this scene ..GOLD! 

I think MH is acting (and will continue to act) 'gay' around GD

so that the latter will not view him as a rival to our heroine's heart.

Plus, he enjoys teasing BS! He simply can't help himself

since He loves getting her attention too much!  :tongue:

Spoiler

Can't wait to watch episode 3 again but with English subtitles this time with no lagging feed! :)

2 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:
2 hours ago, ruzikie said:

i found Bong Soon's mother is annoying and quite materialistic. She is kinda a slave for money and power but i am kinda happy to see Bong Ki doesnt interfere with Gook Do's girlfriend and Gook Do's girlfriend is annoying because she called Bong Ki and she was flirting with him. Another devil again. But i hope this scene would bring Gook Do to realise about Bong Soon. 

Yah.. just last episode I was pitying her for lack of affection from GD, but this week, I totally see her for what she is... trying to two timed.

as long as she's of no harm like she is now and Bong Soon doesn't really care or get affected/get hurt by her I just egnore her!!:unamused:

2 hours ago, ruzikie said:
2 hours ago, sharreb said:

Well thats a wrap for the raw. Looking forward to the subs to enjoy their conversations.

2 things that i wanna comment thats not focusing on the cute interactions btwn BS and MH

1. GD i dont thk is that close to BS. While he is imp to her. Shes jus that childhood fren that he sometimes look out for. Point 1 his gf has nvr met BS. Point 2 even knowing BS was upset with him at the hospital he does not call or text to find out more esp since their conversation was unfinished

2. GD cellist gf is not making a good impression to me. She was giving BS twin that eye when he examined her. Then that fon call to him sounded flirtatious. Regardless that GD nt spending enuf tym with her or care for her more, it is so not nice to hit on another guy when u hav a bf yourself. Sorry if im too judgemental on her, just irks me lol

She irked me since beginning when they met in the restaurant. I found this girl was quite a clinging girlfriend and not fond with Gook Do's job as a detective and police officer. Sorry guys, but i am not fond with his girlfriend. 

yes, me too!! I felt something unconfortable about her from the start, she acts sweet but she's not all that sweet understanding girlfriend she's trying to show and now I can see I wasn't wrong about her and I need to really watch her to see if she's really fallen for Bong Soon's twin or it's for different reasons!! (didn't watch the episode yet, my sister was using the laptop)

2 hours ago, nonski said:

thank you so much to all our livecappers tonight! for once, i enjoyed watching instead of doing the livecaps and that is thanks to @sharreb for giving me the link!

SWDBS is really hilarious. Since episode 1 there are always scenes where it would make me laugh so hard.  

PBY is such an amazing actress and well we all adore PHS and JS right? 

All the other characters are awesome in their job.  

on the story front... 

- Why do I feel that the second brother is suspicious?  I can even go as far as say he might be the suspected killer.

- DBS should start using her powers for the greater good.

I think it was meant for her to hear the scream and witness things like this for her to embrace her power and use of to help people

- Hmmm, i love how MH is always trying to get closer to BS.  Their chemistry off the charts.  They're so natural.  

How I wish there more co-habitation scenes in the future episodes!

again, annyeong to all my chingus here!

@onnififi @stroppyse @evie7 @i.am.bugz.funny  @bebebisous33 @Ahpheng @moodypie @ilwoo_aein @alekaonu @emme85 @Kasmic @maplekist @delfin @kyunii88 @plappi @ruzikie  @Sarang21 @xiashenghan @yqyukiz @stargazer187 @valsava @pandalover1 @Mau_Cherry @uglypearl @lovehbhjw2013 @JinyoungFox @Jillia @dhia205 @Yippeuni @theseasasleep @sakura2016 @Ayame @thea2410 @angelangie @icemaid @siena407 @ruzikie @Kasmic @drmjs

hi chingu!! happy to see you in another thread after W!! :D 

yeah!! I felt the same way about the 2nd brother!! the 2 other brothers and even mother are obvious being unhappy with the father's decision to give his companie to Min Hyuk but the 2nd brother was so nice more than he should be which makes him susecious!! it's natural to like/love your brother and wish him the best but it's unatural to not feel hurt or sad or mad that you're cast away by your own father in favor for your other brother!! you don't need to hate him but you can't be all that indefferent and even supportive of such a desicion and the 2nd brother was too nice that you can see him being fake, at least for me, as if he's pretending to be nice so he will be trusted and won't suspect him if anything goes wrong to Min Hyuk!! 

hhhhhhhhhhh he told her he'll see her in his house tomorrow so we will have more co-habitation for sure!! :tongue: hhhhhhhhh

2 hours ago, Era Ferawati said:

thank you chingu though I wasn't much of live recapper only sharing little of wha I understood from the videos!! :) thank you to all the live recapers for sure!! :wub: 

2 hours ago, reijeanne said:

Hi fellow SWDBS fans! It’s my first time to post in this thread but I’ve been lurking here since the start. SWDBS is my most anticipated drama of 2017 because the 3 leads are my ultimate favorite stars! It’s a blessing that in addition to great casts, the drama itself is very interesting. It’s not only romcom but has also supernatural, mystery and thriller themes. It’s like my favorite K-Drama IHYV. What surprised me the most though in a good way is the writing of the characters. Each of them are rare in dramaland esp. Min Hyuk character as a male lead. I have so much to say but Im so sleepy now. Thank you for the live recaps and wonderful pics. This forum makes waiting for new SWDBS episodes bearable. Good night!

hi chingu, glad you joind us here!! :) 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 4 preview thanks to @briseis. A translation underneath, though I'm not entirely confident since my audio is flaky today. 

Boys: In this miserable life, you are our hope. Please help us!
GD: I like a woman who is gentle and dainty like a Cosmos (flower).
BS: I know how to get angry and my heart hurts as well. 
MH: You are really special.
BS: When I get really angry, I don’t know how to control myself. 
MH: Ow, it hurts.
BS: Your butt, I’m going to totally get rid of it. 
MH: You are just so cute, I could die. 
BS: Ohhh.
MH: I received a threat not too long ago. Tell them, those people. If I catch them, I’m going to kill them. 
Man: Follow them, secretly.
BS: We have to catch the culprit.
GD: Do you think it sounds like his voice?
MH: I’m sorry.
GD: A witness report just came in, but anyway I think of it, this one concerns me. 

thank you so much for the translation chingu!! :wub: 

Im late to said thank you the live recappers here though I camped here when airing time, thank you all..enjoy reading the recaps one by one…even just by reading your recaps I already laugh so much..hahahahahahaha

Especially the hospital scene….from just by imagining from your recap until  now watching the video, I just cant stop laughing..yeah toothless ahjussi is the funniest, even when watch ep 0 I already laugh because of this ahjussi. I watched him in chief kim (my wed-thurs drama), he is not that funny then (even i cried to his story back then) but here he seriously hilarious (and makes me cried because to much laughing)..hahahahahahahaha

At first I thought it would be GD fault, that makes his gf see another man which is bongsoon brother, but turn out this girl flirt with BG first,, I thought GD will be a bit cold bf but this episode he kinda make effort to be a good and sweet bf, but yeah the greedy of his gf, that maybe cant get enough from GD and she just cant ignore strong charms from BG the doctor. Mianhae GD yaaaaa…..i thought wrongly about you, disappointed with you girl, aigooo at this point I might kinda cruel wanna her to be the bride from the mask killer..hahahahaha…take her mask killer...take that sly fox.... boongi better stay away from her, if dont want to be her another victim...hug GD.....

Love all OTP scenes…love all the bickering…love how both really open to each other…love how they can have fun with play games too…love how perfect they are to each other…kyaaaaaaa…I just love everything about them!!!!!!! Even when they just stare to each other, and did nothing im here screaming excitedly, I don’t know what will happen with me when both of them already start their romance feeling to each other.

BS mom maybe just tipically ahjumma and kdrama mom whom always materialistic and greedy and noisy, if in another drama that kind of mom kinda annoying but yeah tonight (or maybe in future too) must thanks to her, because both BS and MH can stay together  that night, and makes GD speechless (what kind of mom she is…yeah she is just one of a kind mom GDyaaaaaa)

Will continue watch the raw now *yeah kinda late again* while waiting the sub......

See you tomorrow guys!!!!!! Ah this is already Saturday here..hahahahahaha so see you tonight!!!!!

ps: i want more AMH wink...ah im jealous to GD because he get AMH wink..AMH with all sweetness food, lollipop and ice cream, he seriously like big baby boy but also sweet man at the same time, yeah im fangirling hard over you right now (beat all male lead on all airing drama right now)

@Earth2KatyD OMO! That threw me off, I looked at the wrong instagram account. Lol! :lol: Yes, his is different. No wonder, when I was looking at it, I was like "did he add new things or changed some things?" It's a fan page account. Thank you for identifying that for me. 

Watch the episode RAW and my favorite scene was when she stepped on his foot. Lol! Man! Park Hyung Sik can act! It was soo hilarious that he was in pain. Just for that, he got a cast on his foot. :D

The dinner scene with his family. Wow! They are soo corrupted and everything. His father and brothers looks annoying to me already. :angry:(Sorry)

Thank you everyone for doing the recap. ^_^:) Looking forward to tomorrow's episode! Park Hyung Sik is going to figure out that Park Bo Young is the girl!!! 

1 hour ago, leekyuphii said:

At first I thought it would be GD fault, that makes his gf see another man which is bongsoon brother, but turn out this girl flirt with BG first,, I thought GD will be a bit cold bf but this episode he kinda make effort to be a good and sweet bf, but yeah the greedy of his gf, that maybe cant get enough from GD and she just cant ignore strong charms from BG the doctor. Mianhae GD yaaaaa…..i thought wrongly about you, disappointed with you girl, aigooo at this point I might kinda cruel wanna her to be the bride from the mask killer..hahahahaha…take her mask killer...take that sly fox.... boongi better stay away from her, if dont want to be her another victim...hug GD.....

I thought that way too but he's a nice and caring boyfrieng and she's the flirty one!! really?!! why flirt with someone else when you have Ji Soo/Guk Do as a biyfriend!! :unamused:

1 hour ago, leekyuphii said:

Love all OTP scenes…love all the bickering…love how both really open to each other…love how they can have fun with play games too…love how perfect they are to each other…kyaaaaaaa…I just love everything about them!!!!!!! Even when they just stare to each other, and did nothing im here screaming excitedly, I don’t know what will happen with me when both of them already start their romance feeling to each other.

hhhhhhhh they are like two little kids playing games!! :lol::wub: 

7 hours ago, Earth2KatyD said:

Haha, that didn't even occur to me.. This girl.. and she looks so innocent!  :tongue:

Lol! Innocent? I doubt it, dear. Looks are deceiving. A 27 year old who's had a crush on a hot pianist/ cop for years and years? I'm sure like me she's had many pervy thoughts :lol:

@stroppyse...thanks for the translation earlier on. Also enjoyed reading your post above. I liked what you said about our game-loving chaebol. He is  indeed a lonely soul and actually a real survivor - I think anyone who can live with that family and make something of themselves - that man is a keeper.

With regards to GD - I am very intrigued with his true feelings. Maybe he does not even know them bcoz he's so absorbed by work. Does he like BS? Seems like it, though his actions contradict themselves. Then there is Ms Flirty Cellist - he seems fond of her but like your observation, I do not sense any real feelings or love there.

And mum- she's an opportunist dying to marry her daughter off. Not the kind of mum anyone should have of course. But I do like the role here as it provides more comic relief. 

Clearly,  his mom did a good job of raising him before passed it to his father.  I havent seen the whole AMH family to understand it.  But,  mannn his father was formerly gangster?!  Hopefully his brothers are not the one who wants to harm him.  They said,  blood is thicker than water.  

DBS is cute n i like her character.  I hate the Candy type of character.  PBY is small built compare to this tall PHS n JS. ha ha.  Just cute.  If it's me, i would also like to tease her....lol..  

8 hours ago, ferily said:

Lol omg, so in the preview, when DBS was drunk, she said "your butt..I'm going to make it disappear!" and that's when Min Hyuk touches (or more like protect xD) his butt. Then he said "She's really cute" (to translate it literally he said she's really so cute that I could die, something along those lines)

I can't with these two! :lol:

Welcome to the thread :D Glad you can join us!

Haha when i read your input o. The preview i spat out toothpasten was brushin my teeth when i read it. Lol make ur butt disappear the outrageous thgs out of BS mouth. But that just makes MH even more into her

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 3 was cute. I have to admit, coming into this as a GD fan, he's rather hard to figure out, especially his interest, or not, in BS. He seems oblivious to her interest in him, and treats her relatively dismissively and yet takes a noted interest in her safety and conduct. Also, while he's nice to his girlfriend, he also doesn't seem to have any particular strong feelings toward her either. I'm wondering if perhaps GD does like BS, but she never actually made a move on him, while he's with his current girlfriend simply because she asked him out first. 

Despite GD being all manly, handsome detective guy, I have to admit that I'm sold on the chemistry between BS and MH. MH sees BS as herself and is fascinated by her. His little jealousies over BS' crush on GD are funny, and his little attempts to get BS to be interested in him are sweet and funny. I think once BS sees MH, I'll be curious to see if she becomes self-conscious with him as well. I don't think GD knows BS all that well actually despite having known her for many years, mostly because BS goes lengths to hide aspects of herself from GD, trying to be what she thinks he may find appealing. It's sad, but that is the way crushes are, I guess. Anyway, BS and MH's interactions are very cute and easy to watch, and I'm looking forward to BS becoming aware of MH as a man in future episodes. 

I felt bad for MH who was dropped off at his father's as a child before his mother went off to die. It speaks of lonely childhood where he had to protect himself from his own family. And, now that he's made something of himself without his father's help, his father wants to name him the successor to his businesses since MH is the only one to make something of himself. This draws the hatred of his brothers, and causes him to suspect that at least one of them is truly trying to kill him off. It's shades of Medici politicking, and must be a cold and severe situation to be in. 

I'm actually enjoying the darker moments in the story rather than having it be all light comedy. It helps pull together the underlying premises and gives depth and structure to an otherwise fluffy, fantastical story. I also like BS' father and brother, though neither of them seem to really be able to understand or sympathize with BS, though it's clear that they love her.  BS' mother, I'm not sure about since so far she's been presented as materialistic to the extreme. Having lost her strength by being greedy, she clearly hasn't learned the lesson. And, telling your daughter to sleep with a man in order to entrap him is just sick, twisted advice. 

I also don't like GD's girlfriend, and did not appreciate her flirting with BK. Even if GD doesn't have enough time for her right now, since they are dating, she shouldn't be catting it with other men. I guess I have to know a little more about how and why they are together in order to understand their relationship, but I doubt it'll change my feelings that she shouldn't be giving signals to other men while she's calling herself GD's girlfriend. 

Yes at some point i didnt thk hes deep in love with his gf. Hes nice for sure. We saw in ep3 he can b sweet too, finding tym acc her at d hospital n d royce choc. But being nice oso seems to be in built in him. Now that u mention his gf ask him out first is really plausible.. We saw that gal can b vy forward.

Im actually wondering if BS will start to like MH while still thking hes gay. I love that shes not self conscious with him. She can b all mightly strong and retort all she wants with him. But what she didn't know is shes pushing all the right buttons with MH. 

And fr @stroppyse translation

GD: I like a woman who is gentle and dainty like a Cosmos (flower)

-so BS was right to act danty and hide ger strength from him knowing his ideal tym is a gentle flower. But boy u will find out in an unpleasant way ur gently dainty gf has two timing intentions

MH: You are really special

- This is really the root of y i ship BS with MH because he knows shes special

BS: When I get really angry, I don’t know how to control myself. 

- i thk this is where later on MH helps to train BS to b able to control her strength and that scence where he backhugs her

BS: Your butt, I’m going to totally get rid of it. 
MH: You are just so cute, I could die. 

- lol i could die too looking at u n bs. U both crack me up so

GD: A witness report just came in, but anyway I think of it, this one concerns me. 

- When GD says the witness concerns me is he referring to BS?

I assume the subs r out? Wish i Can watch ryt now hoping to b able to squeeze in during lunch break

Episode # Original broadcast date Episode titles Average audience share
AGB Nielsen

Ratings[11]

TNmS

Ratings[12]

Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area
February 24, 2017
Ridiculous Punks
(기막힌 녀석들)
3.829%
4.044%
3.9%
February 25, 2017
Culprit's Thought
(범인의 마음)
5.758%
6.041%
6.1%
March 3, 2017

5.5%

Dropped a little.. too many hospital scenes?

16 minutes ago, sharreb said:

Haha when i read your input o. The preview i spat out toothpasten was brushin my teeth when i read it. Lol make ur butt disappear the outrageous thgs out of BS mouth. But that just makes MH even more into her

(Sorry to cut your post short) Haha, omg coincidentally I was brushing my teeth while watching that scene from Episode 4 prevew too!!! :lol: I didn't spit my toothpaste out though, haha!! It's adorable how DBS shows this side of her to Min Hyuk and he just falls for her more and more :wink:

This is important and symbolic - Bong Soon looking at a LIFE-SIZE PAINTING of her 17-year-old self (while wearing the same color) without even realizing it’s her. Min Hyuk drew a FREAKING LIFE-SIZE PAINTING OF HER (he got her height completely right!), so he would never forget her! That’s pretty much THE EQUIVALENT OF BUILDING AN ALTAR OF HER AWESOMENESS TO WORSHIP HER!

tumblr_om9ij43xaV1s8t96qo2_r1_540.png

IT’S EVEN LITERALLY GUARDING HIS PRIVATE SANCTUARY - the painting of his former savior and curren bodyguard - and the painting really does look and feel like his own, private guardian angel he keeps close so it would protect him from everyone, but mostly from his loneliness.

tumblr_om9ij43xaV1s8t96qo1_540.png

Such steadfast and lasting devotion goes beyond gratefulness; 10 years ago MH’s life must have been so bleak - his mother was dead, his father was a gangster who had even the police in his pockets and MH was about to die on the very same bus he was taking to visit his mother’s grave but then Bong Soon saved him and when she did she gave him hope.

tRD37q0.jpg

Episode 3: (AGB Nielsen)

Nationwide : 6.081 

Metro Seoul : 7.003

*Strong Woman Do Bong Soon was the No. 1 program among all Cable Networks last night. The series, together with other JTBC's primetime programs, helped JTBC to become the most watched General Cable network last night.

3mZZI8s.png

Archived