Add and Subtract Game

Admin

14 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Yea, banana leaves are used commonly here to wrap dishes, rice and all sorts of sweet desserts , either for sale or presentation .. mainly because of its aromatic purpose - better than using plastic cling or bags.  I think they use either oiled paper or something like styrofoam meal box, to wrap the rice dishes.  

In the mornings we have these "nasi lemak" being sold in banana leave wrap , and those in Indian shops, the popular banana leaf rice here for lunch and dinner.

from what I remember from this show, they said that banana leaf also keep out bacteria or stop food from spoiling. so in the old days, before fridge etc, they used to wrap the rice in banana leaf to better preserve for few more hours.

as a child, eating on banana leaf used to stress me because of the etiquette. so during weddings/celebrations, when they serve on banana leaf, after eating, you must close the leaf to face you. it means that you will come back again (and that is a good thing as it means more happy things will happen to this family). whereas with funerals, you must close the leaf after meal away from you. it signifies you don't want to come back (it means you hope that you don't have to come for more sad things for this family). it is actually easy to remember but as a child, I would sometimes find it confusing and watch others to make sure I am doing it right.

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

16 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

from what I remember from this show, they said that banana leaf also keep out bacteria or stop food from spoiling. so in the old days, before fridge etc, they used to wrap the rice in banana leaf to better preserve for few more hours.

as a child, eating on banana leaf used to stress me because of the etiquette. so during weddings/celebrations, when they serve on banana leaf, after eating, you must close the leaf to face you. it means that you will come back again (and that is a good thing as it means more happy things will happen to this family). whereas with funerals, you must close the leaf after meal away from you. it signifies you don't want to come back (it means you hope that you don't have to come for more sad things for this family). it is actually easy to remember but as a child, I would sometimes find it confusing and watch others to make sure I am doing it right.

+2

Yes, we do follow the same etiquette here when dining out. 

I recalled once I just leave the banana leave open and the waiter came and close the leaf facing me before checking out. 

@sadthe1st

Got a call from Centre, MIL not feeling well. Had to rush her to nearby clinic. Doctor diagnosed her has vertigo. 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

44 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

I saw some postings in IG and this company name Rawsome does food distribution to the needs near the roadside. 

And another NGO, Lions Club does the same. They also distribute foods at the road side and also identify some very poor homes and distributee groceries. Is a good cause to feed the poor at times during the pandemic. I believe we must give in order to take. 

I heard about the Lions and Leo Clubs but not Rawsome.   The one I mentioned are volunteers from our neighbourhood.  

Hello @partyon  tea for you
http://i.imgur.com/1yyiL.gif

29 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

Yea, as @Thong Thin said, we follow similar rules here too.   I was informed by my fellow Indian friends here, just that I forgot which way to fold, so I will always ask or watch them, hehe :D  

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

35 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Doctor diagnosed her has vertigo. 

hope she gets better soon!

i think vertigo is like, suddenly the whole world spin very fast? related to in ear fluid unbalance or something..

i'm going to dip some veggie keropok in salsa and drink iced milo..

i just remembered i have aircon servicing tomorrow morning.. argh..

Tired Wake Up GIF

• Like 1
  • Blob 7

17 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

hope she gets better soon!

i think vertigo is like, suddenly the whole world spin very fast? related to in ear fluid unbalance or something..

i'm going to dip some veggie keropok in salsa and drink iced milo..

i just remembered i have aircon servicing tomorrow morning.. argh..

Tired Wake Up GIF

+2

According to doctor is nothing serious, just that have to monitor and keep an eye when she walks around. 

She fell twice at home when we were at work, since then we moved her to center where there are helpers to care for her. 

By the way, saw your IG post, the plant is pretty, never seen those with colors. 

Vegg in salsa and ice milo = your dinner or snack? 

So, you are taking off tomorrow to monitor those servicing men. 

I might start my CNY leave on Wednesday for last minute shopping. 

@joccu now days all thru Webcam or zoom. Totally diff Era.

@Min2206 are you in Leo's during your school days.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

@Thong Thin sometimes it gets worrying to have elderly alone at home.. i will always nag my mom not to move or shift things around, or do too much household chores when she is alone at home especially when we all are out working. another way is, installing cctv in the house to track movements and monitor abnormal situations..

9 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

By the way, saw your IG post, the plant is pretty, never seen those with colors.

it's sand rose or sunrise succulent.. originated from south africa.. according to wiki haha

i'll get those mini square succulent pots and some perlite to repot it after cny.. too congested isn't good. the overlapping leaves might rot, also stun its growth since there's limited space.

veggie keropok and iced milo are snack, but might be dinner also if i'm not hungry later.

i bought my walnut bread.. i might have nutella with bread tomorrow morning hahahaha (i ran out of kewpie mayo!)

+2

• Like 3
  • Blob 6

3 minutes ago, corey said:

Which drama is that ? Please tell. I need something badly to cheer me up.

I started with Maiden Holmes, but I am not hooked - yet.

I went to the vet this morning, did blood test and USG and I said goodbye to her.

She has had a massive liver tumor, I knew about it for many months but she was still ok, ate, walked and was happy. Until last night. Something must have happened, tumor ruptured or spread to marrow bone, and she was unable to walk or eat.

So I decided to let her go. I can't stop crying.

Thank you all for all your comfort and hugs.

+2

My current dog who is age 18(dog age) is a having tumor as well. According to vet, as long as he can eat, shld not pose any problems. 

He is currently bed ridden for the past 2 years. 

Neighbors and friends advises me to let him go, but I don't have the heart. We even get help from dog whisper to communicate with my fury dog. 

• Sad 8
  • Thirsty 1

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

@sadthe1st

Got a call from Centre, MIL not feeling well. Had to rush her to nearby clinic. Doctor diagnosed her has vertigo. 

Ouch @Thong Thin  Just saw this and read that she has vertigo.   I had once .... terrible - you can't move nor breathe.   Want to vomit all time.   
No, I was not really active in school - more on academic side.  Not in Leo, to answer your Q.

4 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@Thong Thin sometimes it gets worrying to have elderly alone at home.. i will always nag my mom not to move or shift things around, or do too much household chores when she is alone at home especially when we all are out working. another way is, installing cctv in the house to track movements and monitor abnormal situations..

Same with my maternal grandparents who are 30 km away - so I have been like told that if we get any call from either one, we will have to run to them.   They don't want to come to stay with us - my mom is their only child.   

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

33 minutes ago, corey said:

Thank you all for all your comfort and hugs

I am so sorry to hear that, chingu. Condolences. :tears:

You were very strong to let her go - now she doesn't have to suffer. Losing a pet is so hard... :bawling:

Sending you lots and lots of strength! :heart:

Thinking Of You Panda GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

26 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Ouch @Thong Thin  Just saw this and read that she has vertigo.   I had once .... terrible - you can't move nor breathe.   Want to vomit all time.   
No, I was not really active in school - more on academic side.  Not in Leo, to answer your Q.

Same with my maternal grandparents who are 30 km away - so I have been like told that if we get any call from either one, we will have to run to them.   They don't want to come to stay with us - my mom is their only child.   

+2

I do understand your maternal grandparents because the same goes to my late parents. 

They are so used to their comfort zone where they have own group of friends to mingle daily over a cup of morning coffee. 

@sadthe1st I understand your predictment. At times you get worried if she is doing fine all alone and you tend to make calls every now and then to check on her. 

Lucky, with advanced tech, we could installed cctv and monitor via hand phone 24/7.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

Finally completed Mr. Queen episode 18, and it was really hard for me to complete it, even on FF. It was just like the episode was not ending :joy:

Not sure what happened to Lady Choi (who was stabbed by the sword, but I didn't see any blood) and Hong Yeon. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, corey said:

Which drama is that ? Please tell. I need something badly to cheer me up.

My Classmate From Far, Far Away. I'm not sure if you'd like it, it's a mix of angst and some comedy of an alien fitting in. The FL for the role was quite good though for a greenhorn.

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, corey said:

I went to the vet this morning, did blood test and USG and I said goodbye to her.

She has had a massive liver tumor, I knew about it for many months but she was still ok, ate, walked and was happy. Until last night. Something must have happened, tumor ruptured or spread to marrow bone, and she was unable to walk or eat.

Thank you all for all your comfort and hugs.

Hugs to you @corey   May she rest in peace.   
Image result for comfort hugs gif

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5