Add and Subtract Game

Admin

53 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Hey there Chingus 

hi there ban(friend) :) 

10 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

@elan1

So you are allergic to any foods which has diary. 

Hmmm..... You missed out lots of good foods

true :( but I try to be creative and try to make things with alternatives. Some of my friends and relatives prefer my cooking (with allergy free ingredients)  than regular... haha I experiment until it taste good or at least decent :lol:

I’m allergic to gluten(so no regular bread and pastry), soy (no tofu or soy sauce), dairy, legumes(beans lentils etc), grapes, etc lol 

it’s fun to experiment food ingredients substitutes but can be costly :( 

explosion fail GIF by Guava Juice

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

Hi  @MayanEcho  again

Wow @Thong Thin the Hydrangea as tall as your height - awesome!
Just had this 
Image result for hakka mee

Hello @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

Coffee?
Image result for coffee in mug

8 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I’m allergic to gluten(so no regular bread and pastry), soy (no tofu or soy sauce), dairy, legumes(beans lentils etc), grapes, etc lol 

Awww , sorry to hear that @elan1  We will be like posting cakes, ice-creams here, that's okay with you?  Do share your food with us please, those non-dairy ones.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

9 minutes ago, corey said:

Good morning

@Min2206, @elan1, @Sleepy Owl, @Thong Thin, @sadthe1st, @MayanEcho, @Lmangla

I was sincerely hoping I could spend my Sunday watching and commenting on eps 5 and 6 of Tunnel and posting.

Instead I spend my Sunday in a vet clinic. My oldest dog is very poorly, I am afraid today I would have to say goodbye to her. I am flooded with tears.

Awww  @corey I don't like partings too -  be strong 
Pray your doggie will not suffer 

Image result for hugs gif

Hugs!

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

19 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Just had this 

what is that dish? What is in it? :dizzy:

19 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Awww , sorry to hear that @elan1  We will be like posting cakes, ice-creams here, that's okay with you?  Do share your food with us please, those non-dairy ones.

im not a weakling :joy: I love seeing all those pictures so I can pretend to eat it with my eyes :love: 

tbh life is kind of tough when I go to restaurants or someone home to eat with friends and family and I just sit there and watch people eat :lol: I generally just eat in advance at home or bring snacks that I can eat LOL I used to wish all the time that my body could be normal but I should be glad that my health could be worse and that it encourages me to eat healthy for the most part :) 

13 minutes ago, corey said:

Good morning

goood morning 

:hooray2:

13 minutes ago, corey said:

Instead I spend my Sunday in a vet clinic. My oldest dog is very poorly, I am afraid today I would have to say goodbye to her. I am flooded with tears.

Awwwww I’m terribly sorry for your dog condition :( I’m sure you have many good memories. Sending you virtual hug

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

@Min2206

D85634-A0-202-C-4725-B258-A7-FA2-E32-A44

I made chai tea cupcake last week. It’s dairy free and gluten free (I used almond flour). I used almond/coconut milk. It’s also vegan (so no eggs). Instead of refined sugar (white/brown sugar), I used maple syrup. I also used almond milk yogurt :)

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

11 minutes ago, corey said:

Actualy your "food" condition reminds me of a colleague of mine. We used to work together. She had a son allergic to virtually all foodstuffs. He lived on meat and things that can be made out of corn flour. But it was said that he could outgrow this condition. Is there any hope for you to get rid of these allergies eventually?

When I was a kid, it was not too bad but when I gotten older, it worsen. Also some of the food I eat also give me the irritable bowel syndrome (:bawling:) it’s so

embarrassing so I have to cut back on some other food that I’m not allergic to either. So my diet is generally very healthy. 

We tried but nothing changed :( it only worsen and I will have difficult time sleeping because my entire body itch especially my head (scalp). I can only pray and wish but maybe some day a miracle will happen  :)

cute stars GIF by CL

hi @joccu :glasses: hope u r doing amazing because you are amazing human ~

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

51 minutes ago, elan1 said:

true :( but I try to be creative and try to make things with alternatives. Some of my friends and relatives prefer my cooking (with allergy free ingredients)  than regular... haha I experiment until it taste good or at least decent :lol:

wow, it must be difficult. in our culture, dairy is so much part of our cooking and culture that it would be very difficult to cut it out. in the summer months, we eat a lot of yoghurt to cool down our bodies. because it is sweltering hot here, yoghurt acts as natural pro-biotic and digestive aid.

I don't know how to say this in english but if people pray for something and they get it from God, then they sometimes pay it back by feeding people. in the hot sweltering summer months, these people will then put a booth on the road and give out free buttermilk to all who pass by. (buttermilk is curd beaten with water and some spices)

69662919.jpg

milk/milk products is also part of many  rituals and it can be considered highly offensive/bad luck to say no. for example, so when we move into a new house, we boil milk and it has to overflow. it signifies the house will overflow with happiness and will be a good place for the family. so we then add sugar (sometimes keep a small amount for elderly without sugar) and give -- it is really small cups and you cannot refuse. basically drinking the milk as guest or family signifies that you wish them well. so when my cousin brother said he hates milk (taste), my aunt was like "it is bad luck to not drink; just gulp it down and swallow! ":sweatingbullets:

we are slowly getting milk substitutes but I am not sure how far it will get accepted. for one, it is frightfully expensive. the price difference between regular milk and almond milk is 10 times! so only rich people can afford to have almond milk. but even if they can, am not sure how many will buy because of the way we cook. so traditionally nuts are cooked only during rainy and winter months as it is believed to add warmth to the body. the idea is during the summer, you take ingredients that cool the body down and is easier on the digestive system. so there are certain ingredients we will avoid during the summer as it harder for the body to digest because of the tropical heat. generally, my family avoid curries that have nuts during the summer. also I have heard this from many people that nuts and soy products should be taken in light moderation because it can also mess with your hormones. I don't know how far that is true but I have heard it from so many different people.

anyway, am glad that you have access to alternatives and dairy isn't a huge part of your cuisine. so easier to cut out. :)

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

hi @corey take care! anything that can lessen ur pet's pain would be a good decision.. i can't bear to see them struggle coping with pain..

emergency hug GIF

@Min2206 @partyon @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali

ep18 was slow.. but

Spoiler

i hope choi sanggung is not gravely hurt..

i need to see her reunite with royal chef and feed each other candied bellflower!

hi @Lmangla @Jillia

• Love 3
  • Blob 6

10 minutes ago, corey said:

TBH, I could not sit through Untamed. I was utterly bored for the first 20 minutes, made two attempts and dropped it. I think Wang Yibo, as handsome as he is, is a bit overrated. And I could not grasp what the main conflict of the drama was.

I think if you could fast-forward like in the first two episodes and get into the flashbacks when they were teens, it becomes more interesting, well at least it did for me :) also it helps that i read the novel :lol: 

—the main conflict is that the ML was framed for things that he didn’t do and overtime it shows what actually happened and how amazing and how selfless the main character is. He’s also wickedly funny but also a strong fighter. Also the relationships in the drama are so endearing especially with his sister. Their scenes always make me smile and cry :) her love for him is unconditional. Best sister ever. He’s actually adopted by a family, so not sister by blood. I love how misunderstandings get overturned one by one.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

33 minutes ago, elan1 said:

tbh life is kind of tough when I go to restaurants or someone home to eat with friends and family and I just sit there and watch people eat :lol: I generally just eat in advance at home or bring snacks that I can eat LOL I used to wish all the time that my body could be normal but I should be glad that my health could be worse and that it encourages me to eat healthy for the most part :) 

15 minutes ago, elan1 said:

We tried but nothing changed :( it only worsen and I will have difficult time sleeping because my entire body itch especially my head (scalp). I can only pray and wish but maybe some day a miracle will happen  :)

I won't say that I know how you feel.  This is not easy on anyone.  I will pray for you too .. that your pain and itch to be lessened and go away.  I have seen friends who suffer from eczema - they keep scratching.  What more yours?    Well, stay positive Chingu.   

34 minutes ago, corey said:

@Min2206   this is my priority, she must not suffer.  Today I go to my regular clinic and see if there is even a slight chance for her to live a little longer comfortably and without pain. If not, then I will say goodbye to her....

Image result for pray gif

21 minutes ago, elan1 said:

@Min2206

I made chai tea cupcake last week. It’s dairy free and gluten free (I used almond flour). I used almond/coconut milk. It’s also vegan (so no eggs). Instead of refined sugar (white/brown sugar), I used maple syrup. I also used almond milk yogurt :)

Your cupcake looks so good :partyblob:

Hello @joccu @Jillia @corey

Image result for hugs gif

edit -  Hi @Lmangla  thanks for the info on milk / buttermilk culture

@sadthe1st Epi 18 is slow - have not seen the sub yet.  Busy, busy and going to be so, end of week.  Yea, hope Choi Sanggung's character will not be killed off here.   Fans speculating about the ending, me - come what may, just enjoy the drama as it goes - like the comical side of it.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

29 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

wow, it must be difficult. in our culture, dairy is so much part of our cooking and culture that it would be very difficult to cut it out. in the summer months, we eat a lot of yoghurt to cool down our bodies. because it is sweltering hot here, yoghurt acts as natural pro-biotic and digestive aid.

I don't know how to say this in english but if people pray for something and they get it from God, then they sometimes pay it back by feeding people. in the hot sweltering summer months, these people will then put a booth on the road and give out free buttermilk to all who pass by. (buttermilk is curd beaten with water and some spices)

milk/milk products is also part of many  rituals and it can be considered highly offensive/bad luck to say no. for example, so when we move into a new house, we boil milk and it has to overflow. it signifies the house will overflow with happiness and will be a good place for the family. so we then add sugar (sometimes keep a small amount for elderly without sugar) and give -- it is really small cups and you cannot refuse. basically drinking the milk as guest or family signifies that you wish them well. so when my cousin brother said he hates milk (taste), my aunt was like "it is bad luck to not drink; just gulp it down and swallow! ":sweatingbullets:

we are slowly getting milk substitutes but I am not sure how far it will get accepted. for one, it is frightfully expensive. the price difference between regular milk and almond milk is 10 times! so only rich people can afford to have almond milk. but even if they can, am not sure how many will buy because of the way we cook. so traditionally nuts are cooked only during rainy and winter months as it is believed to add warmth to the body. the idea is during the summer, you take ingredients that cool the body down and is easier on the digestive system. so there are certain ingredients we will avoid during the summer as it harder for the body to digest because of the tropical heat. generally, my family avoid curries that have nuts during the summer. also I have heard this from many people that nuts and soy products should be taken in light moderation because it can also mess with your hormones. I don't know how far that is true but I have heard it from so many different people.

anyway, am glad that you have access to alternatives and dairy isn't a huge part of your cuisine. so easier to cut out. :)

+2

WOW. Thank you for sharing about your culture. Very insightful. Maybe I would die of starvation if I live in your culture :lol: I get probiotics from eating fermented foods like kimchi and I still get probiotics from the almond milk yogurt (they add probiotics in it) also one brand of chips I eat they add probiotics in it (next time I will take picture of the package of the chips). 

I think you are trying to say that God bless us, so we should bless others in return :) 

interesting, free butter milk to cool off from weather. Whoa! I love learning these interesting facts!

Interesting custom :scream: That means I will offend many people and have no friends if I live in your area :( 

almond milk is 10 times the price difference? I will be homeless beggar :lol:

That is true that nuts and soy (I can’t eat soy anyways, since I’m allergic to that too) should be taken in moderation, well most food in general lol too much if anything is bad for you.

You right, I’m fortunate to live where I’m at :) 

25 minutes ago, joccu said:

@elan1 doing great. :love:just about to start first lecture of the week. 

awesome! I hope you absorb knowledge like a sponge :) 

patrick star nickelodeon GIF

23 minutes ago, corey said:

hi @Jillia!

@elan1, I sympathise with you on your IBS. It is something very very difficult to live with. I developed something like that about 8 years ago. I have no idea what triggers it, I suspect certain food - legumes mostly, so I cannot eat falafel or hummus, much as I love it - but also stress. The downside is, when I go to run errands or shopping, on a bad day I need to take a pill to stop bowel movements, otherwise it is just impossible to do anything. I suppose it will also stop me from travelling or taking vacations, not that I want or can to travel now!

ANyway, hug to you, my dear!

:7555_attack:

aww thank you for the comfort and encouragement! You are so kind :) I will keep fighting and move forward in life :glasses:

I’m sorry you have ibs too :( it’s not pleasant. Yes legumes is the culprit for most! Also too much starchy food or too much coffee or too much sugar too. 

oh no :/ I bring water with me everywhere. I drink warm water most of the time, even in hot weather lol I exercise all the time. It helps alleviate stress :) I play all kind of sports and go on hikes and walks. 

thank you :wub:

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

24 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

won't say that I know how you feel.  This is not easy on anyone.  I will pray for you too .. that your pain and itch to be lessened and go away.  I have seen friends who suffer from eczema - they keep scratching.  What more yours?    Well, stay positive Chingu.   

Thank you! I don’t get sensitive that easily since most people mean well :) Thank you for praying for me, I appreciate :wub:

.... I also get eczema too... 

Thank you for support and encouragement :) 

24 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Your cupcake looks so good 

Haha mucho gracias ! 

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5