Quantcast

Add and Subtract Game

1 hour ago, cenching said:

Doesn't love her story or doesn't love Cinderella story??

:D At this point her story, cinderella story, and anybody else's story is all merged into one hot mess.

I forgot what blog article it was but it seems her City Hall (haven't watched) was the last non-cringe inducing script. But it wasn't a commercial success. Then she wrote Secret Garden (couldn't watch beyond ep 6 on two separate viewing attempts) which was a cult hit but could hardly be counted as smart plot.  And since then she has been at it.

Honestly I don't have the brains to understand the layers she writes into her plot. So I rely on other viewers analysis and comments.

+2

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Replies 137.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• PepperSalt

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

OMGeeeee! Lemme join you guys on this one. This is the result of my quiz: Ta-daaaaaa! I got house #5, thr one with Park Seon Joon and Park Hae Jin. Not bad ...

1bcbb9f9022aef436bbc1a701255504d61ffadd8

If there is a house with Lee Dong Wook and Gong Yoo on it, I'm considering a swap. I think I will be safer with those kind of guys

+2

• LOL 5
25 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@kokodusyour house even worse hahaha.... I'll swop with @partyon got Lee Seung Gi :joy:

Yippee! I'll have Song Joong Ki and Hyun Bin :heart:

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:

:bawling: Tbh I also like @partyon house. Lee Min Ho oppa....:heart:

Oh no :cry: I would love to share my house between you and @Lawyerh, but to be honest: I don't like anyone in your house :joy:

Sorry @kokodus Nothing personal :D

• LOL 7

@thanie I got the same result! So now I am going to cast them all in my hypothetical drama. KES is going to eat her heart out!

Oh wait, I need a set of heroines too!

+2

• LOL 5
16 minutes ago, staygold said:

City Hall (haven't watched) was the last non-cringe inducing script. But it wasn't a commercial success.

It is a good piece of story. It has some flaws but you won't regret watching it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla Oh, are you night night owl?!? I've read many of your posts throughout the years when I've been browsing on Dramabeans :D Are you still active there? I rarely visit the site anymore.

that's so cool that you remember! :blush: yea, I wrote in a few times for their 'theme of the month' reader submissions whenever the theme stuck with me. honestly, I was always surprised that I got picked because I never made an account and my posts were always about dramas that most in DB may not have watched. :lol: my different drama taste is the reason I never made an account with DB but just lurk and read recaps. for some reason, I decided to go with 'night owl' the first time I sent in a submission rather than lmangla and then just continued. they no longer have reader submissions. so I occasionally read recaps.

• Love 2
  • Insightful 2

@staygold

The only KSE's drama that I watched is Goblin, I do like it for GY-LDW's bromance....Also YIN-LDW's romance....I don't know much about her other works. But if I based my opinions on TKEM, I would say it's overly cheesy for my taste (the romance part). The scene where The King saved his future Queen with horses and blades made me cringed and full of goosebumps. I am sure it was meant to be epic but most likely the problem is with me who is not so much into romance.....:ph34r:

+2

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, cenching said:

The scene where The King saved his future Queen with horses and blades made me cringed and full of goosebumps. I am sure it was meant to be epic but most likely the problem is with me who is not so much into romance.....:ph34r:

The horse sequences in the TKEM trailer reminded me of Queen Inhyun's Man.... this is THE drama that nailed cheesy and dimension travel together well:

• Love 4

I lol-ed at that rescue scene. I don't know the context of it in the drama but it looks too much. I saw comments about how beautiful the cinematography was. I watched it on instagram so I would have lost the details.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478f640f9460092a2cf2

@cenching what you watching?

+2

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, kokodus said:

These shoulders are not meant for Priesthood.

Haha sinful shoulders. "Father!! I have a confession: You're such a daddy."

• Naughty 3
  • LOL 3

@staygold @cenching :joy: OMG!!!! HAHAHAHHA... YOU TWO ARE MAKING ME LAUGH SO HARD RIGHT NOW...

HAHAHHAHA... 

i like the rescue scene, altho I wished they stop at the future queen word because that line is sooo cheesy... saying "protect or charge ahead" would have been better... altho tbh.. I watched it without knowing the context :P  I like the sound when the horses are charging ahead and the swish when they pulled out the swords.. 

• LOL 4
  • Guest pinned this topic