Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Omg stop with the YYS fest. He's flying to Italy anytime soon. He still needs to be united with his first love. Lol

So we're vacationing in Italy before the virus hit the fan, and we saw the Calendario Romano at the souvenir shop. My friend was instantly smitten by the cover. Maybe Andrea can be next.  

I also suggest a career in IT. You're pretty much secured. Though it's costly to get certified, that's your way towards the bank. Next, data science for obvious reasons. 

Soompi dark mode to match our dark souls. souls :naughty:

• LOL 4

I added a temporary chat feature on the home page. There's currently a flood control in place to prevent spamming (for the time being).

You can signal staff members if there's a general issue like the theme crashing unexpectedly this morning. Else, you can send feedback. Also, there will be an open discussion later on regarding the shop (around 8:00 pm EST) with reward points involved. 

We need all the feedback we can in order to evolve the platform whenever we can while having fun.

+2

Untitled13.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @Hanyeoun I have some ideas on how to improve Soompi. Where should I post those ideas? Not sure if you want to place them in a backlog?

Some of them are also bugs....

One of the things that annoys me is that https isn't always working when you try to login to the site. By clicking onto another page, it will usually offer a secure connection.

I do sometimes see that the connection isn't secure even while I am logged in, and I think this issue should be fixed in order for member data to be secure.

• Like 4

@partyon You can send them directly in chat box because I have direct access from my control panel for the forums when I'm programming. You can tag me here, leave it or send me a private msg - although these options involve me getting on the forums.

Either way, it works. Be you <3

+2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Hanyeoun Tried to use the chat box but my message was too long. :D

My biggest issue is with the unsecured connection (https not working always). Can you please have someone look into that? Posted a longer explanation in my previous post.

Other issues I'm having:

• The Save button is not always working when you want to edit your post. Only refreshing the page works
  • Is there any way to log users out of sessions automatically after a certain time period? I think it would be safer if people would be forced to log in from time to time
  • Where can we find Soompi's privacy policies?
  • Is it possible to implement a personal bookmark page/section for threads one wants to follow?
  • Is it possible to disable the chat feature possibility if one doesn't want to receive PMs?

I have more stuff. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

@partyon

I manage several communities and the main platform I'm using is Discord which is a premium-free voice chat software because it is secure. So I understand your concern when your connection is not secure.

Invision forum platform isn't a perfect forum platform. There are things we address to Invision but there are security issues involved with the source code in which I don't have any access privileges to work on. I suggest a VPN software at your own expense if it happens too often. I myself use one too.

I don't think there's an option to boot automatically users from their sessions provided by Invision. Although we give the users sole responsibility to manage their account properly by opting the option by not staying logged in. (Yeah, it's a drag but also one of the limitations of the Invision software).

Soompi's privacy policy can be found here

I'll see if I can work on the bookmarks but no promises.

The message feature cannot be disabled individually. If I do, it removes the option for everyone.

+2

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Hanyeoun Thanks, I do understand that there might be technical limitations due to the platform / portal the forums have been built on.

I am just wondering if the unsecure connection issue is something that could be looked into anyway? Maybe pass the question on to the owners / managers of the forums?

Security is something that shouldn't be taken lightly, and it is much harder for a company to recover not only monetarily but also from a reputation point of view if a breach happens.

(On a side note: I ALWAYS use a VPN ) :glasses:

Thanks for adding my suggestions to your backlog. I appreciate it.

EDIT: Wondering if there have been any discussions to upgrade the forums to a newer and more secure platform at some point? Remember when the last platform change happened - it was a mess. :D I understand that there might be hesitation to change the platform therefore.

• Like 3

I think the forums got attacked once and the event was called "The Big Crash". Was it in 2003/2007? Anyways, the loss was gargantuan. It happened before I joined the community.

I believe Invision has addressed that for the next 4.5 version although I'll have to read the patch notes. For the time being, it is secure with a 90% certainty (imo) hahaha. Anything can happen - but thanks, I really appreciate it.

+2

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

15 minutes ago, Hanyeoun said:

I believe Invision has addressed that for the next 4.5 version although I'll have to read the patch notes. For the time being, it is secure with a 90% certainty (imo) hahaha. Anything can happen - but thanks, I really appreciate it.

Any idea when the next 4.5 version is coming out? Is Soompi planning to upgrade to it in the near future?

Yeah, I mean should a breach happen, it could be hard to recover. Also with EU and Singapore citizens on this forum, a breach could turn into extensive financial sanctions (if these citizens' private information is compromised).

As they say, better safe than sorry. :kiss_wink:

@Hanyeoun Sorry I can't participate in the discussions on how to improve the forums (saw the red banner). I will have to go to bed now. Will send you suggestions next time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Managed to read all the 11? pages since last time I left :skull: 

First thing first

@Lawyerh since I didn't get the memo...could you possible be donating me my wage again :w00t:

Now I suspect @wallflowersforjane is working in IT industry. What are you @partyon ? You seem to know a whole lot about IT stuff and jargon. 

Welcome @Alice Wonderland hmm...why your dp looks so familiar to me... 

xoNdUrO.jpg

To the bank to deposit some money ~~ 

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Poor @ktcjdrama is catching up with all the posts right now. I think she has about 10 more pages to go..... :cry:

The thread has been moving fast for the last couple of days. :joy:

How did you know? :lol:

and I fell asleep halfway, too tired, so continuing now :D. It has increased to more than 20 pages :scream: never have I experienced this on add-sub (13 more pages of laughters ;))

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, partyon said:
  •  
  • Is there any way to log users out of sessions automatically after a certain time period? I think it would be safer if people would be forced to log in from time to time

Nooo, don’t do this one. I never log out of soompi and I had forgotten what my password wassss.... I am always glad I am never logged out. Well if after a certain period of inactivity, then it is acceptable, I guess. 

No number

• LOL 2

46 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

How did you know? :lol:

I think by now everyone would have known your habit of going through the posts (usually in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon or late at night). Usually I'll get like so many notifications saying 'ktcjdrama reacted to a post in...' in the morning :joy: Thanks for the reactions ~~ here's cookie for you :cookie: