Add and Subtract Game

Admin

13 hours ago, Sushimi said:

@kokodus asians fights for the bills lol. You just imagine you are siting at the table with two adults. They attempt to fight for the bill. So awkward...then when they settle on one person, the other person would either try to squeeze a dollar note in the other person’s bag or if you are the child of the person paying, they might try to squeeze you a fifty dollar bill. Then the person paying might notice and attempt to take the note and throw it back at the person. :joy: some times they try to squeeze the credit card to the counter first to pay as well. Lol. 

so overall, we don’t split..we will fight for the bill instead haha

you low key wanna take that dollar bill but your dad snatch it away and attempts to give it back.   ._. :mellow:

+2

Actually we not only fight for the bill we quickly go to the cashier and pay , on the pretext of using the washroom .  This is especially the case with relatives & friends we don’t meet often , with business associates we try to impress . 

@thanie  tell the husband to get the bill on the way back from his call . :lol: 10 years of marriage has taught me that men can’t read women’s minds ..it’s true . 

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, kokodus said:

What is the difference between wuxia and Xianxia dramas? 

Wi Xia is pure martial arts while Xian Xia is martial arts plus fantasy and based on Taoism, Buddhism, Chinese Mythology and Folklore...

+2

• Insightful 6

3 hours ago, cenching said:

Wi Xia is pure martial arts while Xian Xia is martial arts plus fantasy and based on Taoism, Buddhism, Chinese Mythology and Folklore...

+2

@angelangie So then what is evernight?! Wuxia or Xian Xia. It also has fantasy, right? They do magic and all, so it must come under Xianxia? 

• Like 1

The  Classic Dance Li RenXing with Princess Agent OST Two Faces of YanXun.....Why such a classic ancient dance looks like Korean Popping Dance???  I also keep wondering how they can dance so gracefully with that humongous thing on their head....:joy:

+2

• LOL 3

21 hours ago, kokodus said:

I have never heard of that actually. Isn't it too much work if they have to give separate receipts to everyone in a group? But it is efficient, I agree. Instead of us scratching our head doing the math, the restaurant will do it for us. LOL. 

The POS (point-of-sales) software system that most big restaurants use will have this feature to separate receipts for one table. So it’s very easy for them, only click click click (or tap, tap, tap) and it’s done. 

I concur that the Asian way is to fight for the bill and usually causing a scene. I can never win when fighting for the bill so if I want to pay for the group, I will tell the waiter beforehand to only give the bill to me. Otherwise, I will just sit quietly and let the older or more loaded person pick up the bill. 

• LOL 2

Are all of you talking about going Dutch? My Gosh, it’s been so long I have never experienced something like this. In my circle, whoever has the initiative to asked friends to go out is the one who’s going to shoulder the bills. Or if we are going somewhere where it will involved more than one meal, we will take turn to pay. 

But if I go out with any of my BIL ( my 2 sis’ hubs) I have to fight with them in order to pay and I usually on the loser party. Similar to @Sushimi’s experiences. 

+2

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The POS (point-of-sales) software system that most big restaurants use will have this feature to separate receipts for one table. So it’s very easy for them, only click click click (or tap, tap, tap) and it’s done. 

I concur that the Asian way is to fight for the bill and usually causing a scene. I can never win when fighting for the bill so if I want to pay for the group, I will tell the waiter beforehand to only give the bill to me. Otherwise, I will just sit quietly and let the older or more loaded person pick up the bill. 

Yes most restaurants have POS system that lets them easily divide the bill. And yes, the only calm way to cover the bill is to pay it in secret. :D

thank you @cenching and @angelangie for clarifying the difference between Xian xia and Wu Xian dramas. :D

• Like 1