Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Just now, Min2206 said:

cr actorleeminoz1987

@Nikaa94 May I ask when was this ?  Is it a CF?  :blush:

This is one of LMH's CF, which is called Cellreturn and it has LED masks for skin glow and treatment. FB updated a picture and Minoz tweeted. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Layali said:

I desperately want City Hunter and Faith to  be back on Netflix. They were available till 2015 . does netflix bring back shows by popular demand? 

i have been requesting for these titles every day since June but individually requesting may not be of help. Can ALL of  us here take some time and request for Faith (2012) and City Hunter (2011) to be included ?    https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest . I think consistently requesting every day will help.

my react button is still not working and soompi swallowed my LMH badge :rage:

@Layali, I agree with you - I guess if many are very vocal about their love for the series, it might encourage Netflix to bring back the show for a re-run. :blush:

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

@Layali BOF came back after YEARS (actually, I’m not sure if BOF was ever on Netflix) and shot up to top of the charts.  I bet we could make it happen. 

I would like then to move Legend of the Blue Sea to Netflix so I can cancel Hulu lol.  Right now I pay for Hulu for Agents of SHIELD and LOTBS.  SHIELD ends in 3 weeks...but I can’t quit HJJ.   But I also don’t want to pay $11 a month for HJJ haha. 

@AgentQuake, yes, it was on Netflix some years back. :grin:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Full article below!

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=822787

Lee Min Ho  is number 1 for the world's top-ranked "star who has properly named their name known abroad globally through video platforms such as YouTube and Netfllix" 

Accordingly, Lee Min Ho rose to No. 1 with a total of 36%.

The charming rank of Lee Min Ho is known to have "handsome", "lead", "curly" , "soft", "gentle", "splendid".

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

This is one of LMH's CF, which is called Cellreturn and it has LED masks for skin glow and treatment. FB updated a picture and Minoz tweeted. 

Hell no.  

That mask thing has traumatized me.

I want one.

Almost as much as I want a LMH. 

• LOL 4

17 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Hell no.  

That mask thing has traumatized me.

I want one.I have

Almost as much as I want a LMH. 

@AgentQuake, GO girl, buy one! I have this Cellreturn LED Mask just recently. I requested my K-friend to buy one for me. Actually, there are variations of this product but I guess LMH is endorsing (3) kinds : the Platinum, the Premium Hair Alpha-Ray & the Cellreturn Neckle-Ray. What I have is the Platinum. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 4

'Viewership is not everything': K-dramas find norm-breaking recipe for success

optimize

Viewership used to be the pivotal factor in evaluating a Korean drama, and productions with high ratings were exported to reach a global audience.

But the game has changed ― Korean TV series with fewer viewers can still make an international splash thanks to streaming platforms such as Netflix. Even industry insiders say that "a low viewership has not pushed the K-drama industry over the edge."

A plethora of K-dramas ― including actor Lee Min-ho's romantic fantasy "The King: Eternal Monarch" (2020) and Kim Soo-hyun's rom-com "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (2020) ― have conquered the most-watched TV show charts in various countries on Netflix, and others have gained popularity after being exported.

According to the Korea Creative Content Agency's (KOCCA) latest data, drama exports earned $214 million in 2018, a 19.2 percent jump from 2017.

In contrast, here at home, K-dramas are reeling from dramatic declines in viewership. Popular TV series' ratings hovered around 30 percent until a few years ago, but today, even the most-popular dramas barely exceed 15 percent and less sought-after productions such as KBS's 2020 rom-com "Welcome" hit less than 1 percent.

Additionally, star-studded casts have failed to save them.

"The King: Eternal Monarch" ended up garnering average ratings of 6 percent to 8 percent in Korea and "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" has shown a similar trend. In fact, these days, only one or two dramas surpass the 20 percent to 30 percent mark a year, according to a drama production company official who spoke to The Korea Times on condition of anonymity. This can largely be attributed to the rise of streaming platforms, he said.

"Thanks to Netflix and other services, I can choose to watch TV shows of assorted genres made in the U.S, Europe or many other countries at any time I want to," a Korean woman in her 20s told The Korea Times. "I don't watch Korean TV series frequently because of their cookie-cutter stories and excessive product placement," (PPL).

Spoiler

A rise in the number of people sharing comparable perspectives with her has triggered a fall in the ratings. But this has not excessively damaged the K-drama industry, according to the official.

"Viewership is no longer the absolute criterion for a drama," he said. "Even local broadcasters have lowered the target viewership ― they used to provide incentives to production companies if a drama recorded about a 20 percent rating, but now have lowered the bar as they know how much the industry has changed.

"Hence, instead of striving to boost the viewership in Korea, the production companies are seeking to diversify the platforms for their works to reach global viewers."

This has become a new recipe for success for K-dramas.

Nowadays, many productions ― especially the smaller ones ― are turning to Netflix. The streaming giant is known to cover a large portion ― sometimes even 100 percent ― of the total production cost that can be as high as tens of billions of won. Through the service, the production companies can also showcase their TV series to viewers in more than 190 countries.

"Celebrities like Lee Min-ho can draw global viewers and help his dramas gain worldwide popularity," Yoon said. "But as time goes by, viewers abroad will also prioritize a drama's quality over the actors."

K-drama makers agree with him. Production companies are striving to upgrade the quality of their work to eventually win over audiences at home and abroad.

"Most drama productions still value the local market and want to attract more viewers in their home country," the official said. "We also believe that high quality can bring us more recognition in and out of Korea."

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

To read FULL article : https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/07/688_293337.html

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Full article below!

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=822787

Lee Min Ho  is number 1 for the world's top-ranked "star who has properly named their name known abroad globally through video platforms such as YouTube and Netfllix" 

Accordingly, Lee Min Ho rose to No. 1 with a total of 36%.

The charming rank of Lee Min Ho is known to have "handsome", "lead", "curly" , "soft", "gentle", "splendid".

EXlrtZrU8AAP_mJ?format=jpg&name=large 

re: that article.....we have been screaming since May and now butthurts come up with this *pretends to be shocked*:surprisedwut:

• Love 4

@Thong Thin No badges for everyone.

The new features such as member shop, soompi points & clubs are currently unavailable :(

Don't know what really happen. When it was down, Rakuten (the owner of Soompi Forums) only gave this standard response:

Spoiler

We’re aware of the Soompi forums currently being unavailable. This was due to it having been taken down by the forum service provider due to certain posts and activity. We are currently working together with the forum service provider to investigate this matter.

And if forum goes missing again, you all can reach out to Triplem on Twitter

https://twitter.com/triplem11543909

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ed16JqcUwAIW-1B?format=jpg&name=small

K-dramas: How Lee Min Ho’s career has developed over the years

Though luck has been in his favor, Lee Min Ho never took his success for granted and forged ahead with a variety of roles.

Lee Min Ho, the leading K-drama actor, is also described as the "heartthrob of billions" by his massive fanbase. In his 14-year long career, he has played various roles in many dramas with utter brilliance. In the early days of his career, the Korean actor worked in a few television shows such as Nonstop 5 and Recipe of Love. It was the befitting chaebol character Gu Jun Pyo in 'Boys Over Flowers' that proved as a breakthrough for Lee Min Ho's career in 2009 and since then he has been unstoppable.

In his next project 'Personal Taste' in 2010, he played a more complicated role of a young architect Jeon Jin Ho. Being asked on his choice of this role, he expressed his desire to play heavy and modified roles as he got older and more experienced.

Though luck has been in his favor, he never took the success for granted and forged ahead with a variety of roles in the future. His first action K-drama was 'City Hunter' in which he played a character named Lee Yoon Sung whose goal is to avenge his father's killers. And soon after an action drama, Lee Min Ho succeeded to the catharsis of an emotional rollercoaster in 'The Heirs'.

With more than 65 million followers on various social platforms, Lee Min Ho has earned a massive fan following. His incredibly pleasing persona and a great variety of characters have developed a placable portfolio of roles over these years. Known for his low-key profile the actor is also on his way to be a veteran which has brought him worldwide fandom, becoming one of the most loved celebrities.

Lee Min Ho, by far, has worked in different genres of Korean drama fitting in each shoe aptly and maintaining the versatility of a good actor.

These projects helped him explore artistic perfection, making his position even firm in the industry. Making a choice different from the previous roles Lee, in 2015, did a noir action film Gangnam Blues set in 1970s backdrop of real estate development. A character caught in political powers and criminal organizations, this role was the exact opposite of the roles he had played by so far.

Making his luck in many Korean action dramas and romance fantasy he also tried to charm the audience with a historical drama Faith with Kim Hee-sun in 2012, action-comedy Bounty Hunters in 2016 which successfully topped the box office in China as well.

In his latest SBS drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch', Lee Min Ho played a regal emperor opposite Kim Go Eun making a dream team for fans. His comeback with a sci-fi fantasy drama featuring a parallel universe amazed his fans, as it becomes one of the most Netflix shows. Although there aren't many speculations about his new role his fan would like to see him explore new genres.

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/entertainment/1142639-k-dramas-how-lee-min-hos-career-has-developed-over-the-years

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Thong Thin No badges for everyone.

The new features such as member shop, soompi points & clubs are currently unavailable :(

Don't know what really happen. When it was down, Rakuten (the owner of Soompi Forums) only gave this standard response:

Hide contents

We’re aware of the Soompi forums currently being unavailable. This was due to it having been taken down by the forum service provider due to certain posts and activity. We are currently working together with the forum service provider to investigate this matter.

And if forum goes missing again, you all can reach out to Triplem on Twitter

https://twitter.com/triplem11543909

:what!:

Gone! 

:omg:

:criesariver:

Are we able to retrieve back. 

I don't have Twitter account.. :(

• Like 6

if anyone of you is curious as much as me then this is LMH's house 

i liked it :love:

ps: i hope that soompi will solve things out. even if there might be other alernatives but im too used to soompi forums 

• Like 5

On 7/22/2020 at 7:29 PM, Nikaa94 said:

I saw that CH, Faith are supposedly on Amazon Prime.  When I click on it, it says unavailable.  I'm not sure what the point is if you can't watch it, so I assume it has to do with location.  Can someone see if they can watch those dramas on Amazon Prime?  

Amazon Prime seems to have everything that was once DramaFever but then even though it shows that they have it, they really don't especially in the US. I am not sure about other countries though.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:06 PM, Heilo said:

Do I believe Lee Min Ho will be bigger then these actors after couple of years most certainly. If you also look at his career trajectory it was that of a legends career trajectory where he made some significiant growth along the way and conquered plenty of hearts this is how legends are created in the hearts and minds of people. He needs couple of good years like his previous once or make the same amount of growth like he did in the last decade.

It's actully strange but legendary actors or actors soon to become legendary in the future don't need to transition to hollywood to extend because they already have all the audience in place so no need to look further except making growth. Example Shahrukh khan never needed to transition but still bigger then these 2 western actors on a legendary scale and popularity wise worldwide. The same applies to Lee Min Ho his a soon to become a legendary actor in the minds and hearts of people and can surpass their popularity. Few more hits here and there with few more years making the same amount of growth like last decade he will be there officially but as for his career trajectory since BOF it has been a ''legends career journey'' I am confident he will get both accolades I mean how can you not smash your way into further hearts when you are LMH. All he has to do is step inside the screen. His raw charisma, Intensity, intense eyes and flamboyance only needs to find a screen to enter the rest is history

@willenetteLMH's longevity is insane & very impressive. He has never lost his popularity even after almost (2) years in the army, (3) years of no drama/movie. I don't see him losing it anytime..... HAIL TO THE ETERNAL HALLYU KING!  He's an ICON! I hope he'll still be popular in his 50s/60s. Icon's popularity never fades

I really hope so for LMH. He has to choose carefully on the platforms to promote himself in the future. 

I am not familiar with Sharukh Khan though I have watched some Bollywood. I did search his photo recently.

• Like 7
  • Love 1