[Drama 2021] Be My Dream Family, 속아도 꿈결

ferily

am liking the friendship between sang goo and the doctor -- didn't expect that he would be honest enough to say that he has no one to eat with. she is also wonderfully direct and tells him lots of home truths. their conversation was fun to watch. it looks like he needs a friend he can respect as well as put him in place when needed. it will be funny to see how min hee reacts to this friendship. 

poor inseo. young hye is so horrified to learn he was taking judo and woodworking classes. will he able to continue? hope so! looks like ga eun wants to show sang min's works to the writer but geu roo points out that he has not indicated he would be interested. hmmm, so when will his new career as illustrator take off? and why is everything happening so slow in this drama? we have 120 episodes -- are they extending it to 150? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

ugh, young hye needs to stop comparing the kids. yea, she is worried about his future but ramming it over his head is not going to make inseo study more. instead, it will give him more of an allergy and wanting not to. was watching with dread him going to the boarding academy -- when he ran off, all I can say is "phew" -- better that than him ending up in depression or worse. go inseo go! hope the rest of the family jumps in and gives good advice. how did others feel about that scene? @joccu, @africandramalover, @Naty828, @backstreetboysfan and anyone else watching... 

sang baek finally standing up for all guards! but old man is not joining in. will that drunk resident ajusshi help sang baek out? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

when he ran off, all I can say is "phew" -- better that than him ending up in depression or worse. go inseo go!

That scene was hilarious!! I was cheering him on as he took off into the night! Isn't that boarding academy in a remote place??!! Hope he'll make it safely back to the city and tell his parents he wants to learn carpentry as a trade. Mummy is about to have a heart attack!

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

That scene was hilarious!! I was cheering him on as he took off into the night! Isn't that boarding academy in a remote place??!! Hope he'll make it safely back to the city and tell his parents he wants to learn carpentry as a trade. Mummy is about to have a heart attack!

yea I was rolling my eyes a bit at her statement that only seoul college educated people make it. by all accounts, dad is doing very well for himself with his interiors business that he has bankrolled all the sons at various points. so nothing to sniffle at his business even though he may not be very educated. same with mom with her hair salon that she has a bigger house than them. so she needs to hear that grandpa is making far more money than her! am betting that even dabal makes more money than her LOL. or at least similar amounts as a judo instructor/studio owner. yea, it looks like inseo will be forced to protest because she pushed him too much. mummy is definitely going to have lots of heart pains at that. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

awww, poor inseo :( he was so frustrated that young hye wasn't listening that he doesn't even want to go to college now. hopefully her finding out more about him from others will make her realize that inseo is special in his own way. felt so bad for him. are there some diploma courses in interiors design or something like that he can do and later join his grandfather in his business? hope sang min realizes that he can still pursue art even as an illustrator and meets the writer.... 

have put the first poll! chingus, pick your choices. we don't have any eps for next week because of the hiatus. if you have ideas for other polls for this drama, do let me know. we can do that while we wait. :) 

tagging: @backstreetboysfan, @africandramalover, @Naty828, @TheQueenReturns, @Lunkera, @Ameera Ali, @O, and anyone else watching...... 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1

min hee is so hilarious even while having a meltdown over sang goo having dinner with doctor. hahahhaha...

go sang min go! finally he has accepted that art is his dream and while his girlfriend seems like an okay person, they just have different values and life goals. one of those relationships which wouldn't work because of fundamental different approaches to life. there is no middle ground that can be found here. she would never be happy even if she finds out that he got this job as illustrator. or will she? am guessing that she will come back in at some point? hopefully by then, sang min has some sense to not pick up this relationship. ga eun looked so proud and happy for him. unlike the other interview, he was totally enjoying himself and was very confident. he really looked so happy when the author complimented his vision. am looking forward to see how others react to him getting this gig. 

is young hye being temperamental because of menopause or just frustrated with life? what do you think chingus? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 4

the family show interest in her children - she not happy 

the family ignore her children- she not happy 

she one hell a confused person , finally she quit killing everyone soul with her negativity :D

zbGPfze.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

I don't like it that YH is always comparing her kids.  She elevates her daughter just because she has good grades.  When she told IS how his sister worked hard to get good grades, she forgot one important thing.  Her daughter loves studying and thinks it is fun.  She had said so twice to IS.  So she is doing what she loves.  and so far is the only thing she is able to do well.  We had seen in early episodes how lazy she is and will not help out around the house.  IS does house chores willingly and cheerfully.  The daughter married a child just like her - so far only good for studying and not much else.  it is a pity that the writer chose to let the daughter need complete bed rest.  The two kids should stay on their own and rough it out.  As it is they live in a nice warm cocoon and don't seem to show any signs of maturing.

@Lmangla where's the poll?  Can't seem to find it!  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

EVENT: Celebrity Sightings

Have you met your favorite oppa? What was he like? Was he taller than you expected? :love:

Or do you want to meet him? What would the meeting be like?

Or did you meet a local celebrity? A sports figure maybe?

Share your stories with chingus on the Celebrity Sightings thread.

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth @Lmangla

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Hi everyone!!  I just binge-watched this dailies. Love it! Had quite a bit of laughs here and there, and teared up with some of the touching moments too... Still have to get used to the styling (clothes) of Madam Kang though... haha... 

On 7/17/2021 at 4:30 PM, Ameera Ali said:

she is my favourite character 

She is my favorite character too!! I am cheering her on to fame as the best actress :hooray:

Had the most laughs watching the youngest couple. So oblivious and just in their own world. The recent episodes show them to always being glued together even when walking, hahaaa...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

An announcement has been made by the production staff on the drama's official website. Starting next week on Monday July 26 to Wednesday August 4, there will be no episodes due to the broadcast of the Tokyo Olympics. Episode 80 will air on August 5th following the end of the Tokyo Olympics broadcast.

Source: https://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/bemydreamfamily/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2020-1626-01-598286,read,,80,813139

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 5