EVENT: [Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널 RE-WATCH

partyon

Final poll: Thoughts about Tunnel  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Tunnel? (choose as many as you like)

• The plot was intense and kept me invested until the very end.
    • The drama was so suspenseful. I kept biting my nails.
    • Man, I cried so many times.
    • I'm sad it's over.
    • Great acting especially by the leads
    • The villains were interesting and had many dimensions to their story lines
    • I was confused by the time travel element
    • Oppa looked hot
    • I wish they had showed more of what happened in the end and how Prof.Shin and Seon Jae's lives changed.
    • It was fine, but I wouldn't watch it again.
    • Nah, not my cup of tea.
    • Something else. What?
  2. 2. Which plot twists surprised you the most? (choose max 3)

• That Prof. Shin was Park Kwang Ho's daughter
    • Seon Jae's real identity
    • That Mok Jin U was a serial killer
    • Every time someone tried to strangle or kidnap Prof. Shin out of the blue
    • How the young Park Kwang Ho got his name
    • That Yeon Sook had passed away in the future timeline
    • Something else. What?
    • Nothing surprised me because I had watched this drama before / I am an amateur detective
  3. 3. Do you think the future changed once Park Kwang Ho returned to the 1980s?

• Yes, Prof Shin (Park Yeon Ho) and Seon Jae grew up happily "together". Mok Jin U was caught earlier, and young Park Kwang Ho survived.
    • Not sure. Wish they had explored this part more in the drama.
    • No, I don't think so.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2021 at 07:00 PM

PGH dialled a number on his new smartphone and started to talk to his wife.  This scene, which his wife talked to the baby and PGH talking to her, asking her to wait for his return, really grabbed my heart.  He used to keep coins to call her via payphone when he's outstation, unlike the portable phone, he can use it anytime , anywhere.  And that he would call more often if he knew he is going to be a father.

A man with no record....

------------------------ 
I can't write anything now .. LOLLL

This is so intense.   
PGH on handcuffs, just met KSJ's father and recalled SJ is the young kid!  The ending gives me chills.   LOL 

tunnel_ep_7_5905.jpg?w=605&h=295

tunnel_ep_7_5906.jpg?w=605&h=293

His expression !

I have to watch Epi 8 now!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

I can't write anything now .. LOLLL
This is so intense.   
PGH on handcuffs, just met KSJ's father and recalled SJ is the young kid!  The ending gives me chills.   LOL 
His expression !
I have to watch Epi 8 now!

This drama is very intense! x

Even though I am watching it for the second time, when I get to the end of an episode and there's a reveal or a cliffhanger, I'm like: omo! omo! omo! :scream:

confused beaker GIF

It's done well in that sense. :partyblob:

On 2/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, partyon said:

OMO! OMO! OMO! Is Professor Shin Park Kwang Ho's daughter?!?!?!? :w00t:

I remember in Epi 7 when PGH started to lecture her.   Who is going to marry you?  And that elders prefer girls who eat well.  Then he went on to tell her not to let KSJ knows he is staying upstairs, same house.  Afraid KSJ might misunderstand him cos men don't like that.  Hahahhaha!    

More advice to her - You two are both rude - very compatible.  LOL   You two should get married.  
Hahahhahahhaha! 

On 2/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, agenth said:

Episode 8 feels:

• This drama gives a good spotlight to Choi Jin-Hyuk's acting range. I had only seen him in The Heirs, The Last Empress (more comedy, something I dropped/stopped watching) and now Mr. Queen. Honestly love the acting so much. The scenes full of emotions are executed quite well, and I always enjoy his cluelessness about the modern world, not quite noticing the bewildered looks he gets with the things he says with a straight face lol.
  • Now that the two have found about their shared past, although Seonjae knows less since he was a baby, they are soft with each other. What previously seemed like an obstacle, has now received understanding and acceptance. The other cops thought World War III would break out when the two return to work, only to see them work side by side. 

@agenth agree on CJH's acting range.  I like him in Zombie Detective too , despite him being "silly or cute" there.  Saw him in Heirs - forever serious and tensed, well that's his role being the hyung in the dirty-politics-corporate world - so can't really see much except when at the ending when he broke down.  I felt for him when he had to let go of his GF to marry the other woman.    Of course, I was focusing more on my Daejang.  :D 

But in Tunnel, I get to see him in many varied expressions.  His frustrations and the reactions.  Zoppa cried so many times in Epi 8 @partyon.   Also my first time seeing him being shy initially during the romancing with Yeon Seok on the dating scene.  That was sweet.

tunnel_ep_8_1153.jpg?w=605&h=352

These two cracked me up.  The scene was hilarious.  Both PGH and KSJ were like acting so normal, even the Chief was calmly reading newspaper. :D

On 2/13/2021 at 4:41 PM, Sleepy Owl said:

It was really sad to see  Yeon Sook's story. She waited for Kwang Ho, and then had a sudden death like that, leaving their small daughter alone. IT was really a sad scene for me when the daughter whistled using the whistle her mom had given to her when she hurt herself and it was the same night when Yoon Seok died.

tunnel_ep_8_10000.jpg?w=605&h=358

Sad yes but finally we have a closure of whereabout YS is.    :D I too can't wait for the scene on Prof Shin (Yeon Ho) finding out the youthful looking PGH is her father, calling her rude and asking her to marry KSH.   Writings are good, connected - make sense, i mean, how do you put it , eg  PGH buying dumpling and she made a stop at the dumpling shop.  If not for the fire scene in the shop in Epi 8, how would PGH discover that little photo of his wife, pinned on the board in the shop. 

Ohh one more - I so pleased that KSJ overheard the convo between Chief and PGH on why PGH had to save him, shielding him from explosion - he really loves the kid , KSJ.   Really warms the heart.

tunnel_ep_8_2758.jpg?w=605&h=326

And keep them coming ... interesting recap @tiMadam !

Will talk about Epi 9 , 10 later

Watched EP9&EP10 and some of EP11 for PGH and Prof. Shin, his newly discovered daughter Yeon Ho.  Such a roller coast from EP7 to EP10…  revealing the connection of PGH& Sun Jae and PGH& Prof. Shin  
When PGH realized who Sun Jae was, his voice instantly changed as to him SJ became a toddler who was oblivious of tragedy swirling around him.  
It’s a great scene. The PD knows how to pull out all those emotional strings from viewers.   

I appreciate it more as I think about how the writer & PD laid out the sequence of revelation on PGH’s identity with others. Each grows deeper.  First with the chief  it is brief but a joyous scene for them. Then for the second with Sun Jae the scene becomes longer and more intensely laid out.  Then for the third one it was like a big emotional bang dropped down on PGH and Sun Jae.   Also such a physically intense fighting scene between Sun Jae and the psycho-2 showed how deep Sun Jae’s emotional pain and grief about the death of his mom has been.

Now it is revealed who the real serial murderer is.  So Prof. Mok’s fake pleasantry is gone and replaced with his true face, a chilling psycho.  

Whaha it’s funny to see how interaction between PGH and Sun Jae is progressing. :lol:   First rude/slap to each other then they become buddy buddy chingu then they are going back to another tit for tat when PGH becomes a dad and Sun Jae, BF  :sweat_smile:  haha

@partyon  @Min2206

Me too It is such a heartbreaking scene to watch when PGH and his wife talk side by side. :bawling:    Yep when I watched it for the first time, I got so into PGH with his wife and then with his daughter that I almost forgot it was a crime drama. lol  :kaching1:

I really like the scene(EP7) about PGH learning about Sun Jae.  
I know this kid is not related in reality but his expression makes me feel as if he is Sun Jae’s true younger version.  PD truly knows how to cast the right actors for the part in this drama. :yay:

ky3Fa3q.jpg

2 hours ago, booha said:

When PGH realized who Sun Jae was, his voice instantly changed as to him SJ became a toddler who was oblivious of tragedy swirling around him.  
It’s a great scene. The PD knows how to pull out all those emotional strings from viewers.   

I appreciate it more as I think about how the writer & PD laid out the sequence of revelation on PGH’s identity with others. Each grows deeper.  First with the chief  it is brief but a joyous scene for them. Then for the second with Sun Jae the scene becomes longer and more intensely laid out.  Then for the third one it was like a big emotional bang dropped down on PGH and Sun Jae.   Also such a physically intense fighting scene between Sun Jae and the psycho-2 showed how deep Sun Jae’s emotional pain and grief about the death of his mom has been.

Now it is revealed who the real serial murderer is.  So Prof. Mok’s fake pleasantry is gone and replaced with his true face, a chilling psycho.  

The way PGH called him Sun Jae, right?  That unbelievable expression on PGH's face!    KSJ was so cute as toddler (referring to your pic), now he hardly smiles.  Well, lately he smiles a bit more in Epi 9 :D

tunnel_ep_9_10101.jpg?w=605&h=325

tunnel_ep_9_2137.jpg?w=605&h=354

Imaging yourself being brought to the spot where your mom was found murdered 30 years ago.  No wonder KSJ  was shocked.  So is this Jung Ho Young the same person who murder his mom and the present victim Lee Seo Yeon?   And is he the same person who rang Prof Shin's doorbell?

In Epi 9,  I enjoy seeing how the two, PGH-KSJ watching out for each other.

LOL, KSJ got scolded by Chief for not coming to their get-together party or drinking session.   Do you think all we do is drink alcohol?    Hehe!   KSJ was so meek there.  PGH calmed his Chief and came to the rescue.  :D

When Jung Ho Young threatened KSJ on seeing another dead body and he hinted next could be the lady whom he cherished much, our KSJ immediately think of her - Prof Shin.   :D  Not only PGH sees their sparkle, even the murderer could tell.

Watching episode 9th, if you the ending of episode 8th was sad, episode 9th's start is much more sad than that since we get to see Yoon Seok's accident happening. Overall a good episode, liked how Ho Young kept playing with the Police, while also giving out hints about the murders he didn't actually do. Got to admit, he is a bold criminal. The another big revelation is, that the seemingly cute and too good forensics dude is the actual killer of the 30 years old cases. It was already hinted how this guy wanted to convince them that the murder could have been done by 2 killers, while Sun Jae and Kwang Ho were not really ready to buy it. 

We can kind of say, Ho Young's story was sad, since his mom abandoned him, although well there was definitely something wrong with him. He killed the dogs and tried to kill his sister, but what he needed was therapy, but I can understand that this was not a thing back in the 1980s. There are people who still don't believe in therapies right now. But yeah, hearing your mom say those things, is really sad. 

As @partyon Noona mentioned yesterday, this show is actually quite intense and even I am feeling it despite watching it the second time. What I think triggered the forensics dude to kill again was the appearance of 5th victim's feet, which reminded him of his murder and could have made him want to kill more, since he started killing again after that case and 30 years. 

What Kwang Ho said to Prof. Shin, although harsh, was actually partially true. Mainly because, they know that the killings started again by Sun Jae's provocations during the interrogation. So while what Prof. Shin wanted was something else, but seeing from a detective's POV, they were already under immense pressure due the recent murders and didn't really want him to kill another person. I think Prof. Shin too realized it, at least she understood it from Kwang Ho's POV, thinking he could have had someone who he lost and acting that way. 

I couldn't help, but laugh when once again Sun Jae and Kwang Ho got convinced that the killer of all ladies is Ho Young, while the Forensics dude was trying to explain why the murders could have different killers. 

Bold of Prof. Shin to play the bait and kind of foolish of her to do it without informing anyone. She would have been the next victim of the forensics dude didn't inform Sun Jae and co. about it. Another big revelations, not for the viewers but for the characters, Prof. Shin is Kwang Ho's daughter. 

I cannot help but be impressed by the pace of this drama. It has been too good and intense at the same time. I believe all the revelations came at the right time too. Looking forward to the other 2 episodes. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Watching episode 9th, if you the ending of episode 8th was sad, episode 9th's start is much more sad than that since we get to see Yoon Seok's accident happening. Overall a good episode, liked how Ho Young kept playing with the Police, while also giving out hints about the murders he didn't actually do. Got to admit, he is a bold criminal. The another big revelation is, that the seemingly cute and too good forensics dude is the actual killer of the 30 years old cases. It was already hinted how this guy wanted to convince them that the murder could have been done by 2 killers, while Sun Jae and Kwang Ho were not really ready to buy it. 

Bold of Prof. Shin to play the bait and kind of foolish of her to do it without informing anyone. She would have been the next victim of the forensics dude didn't inform Sun Jae and co. about it. Another big revelations, not for the viewers but for the characters, Prof. Shin is Kwang Ho's daughter. 

I cannot help but be impressed by the pace of this drama. It has been too good and intense at the same time. I believe all the revelations came at the right time too. Looking forward to the other 2 episodes. 

Sorry to cut your post, @Sleepy Owl
So there are 2 killers, right?  I am still a bit blur, i mean back 30 years ago.  Was that why that Jung Ho Young kept saying the Haein riverside victim was not his.  You said that the appearance of 5th victim, the one with 5  dots triggered that Prof Mok's urge to kill again?

Ohh, that Prof Shin lady put herself out as bait.    I am going to watch soon.  Thanks! 

25 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

So there are 2 killers, right?  I am still a bit blur, i mean back 30 years ago.  Was that why that Jung Ho Young kept saying the Haein riverside victim was not his.  You said that the appearance of 5th victim, the one with 5  dots triggered that Prof Mok's urge to kill again?

Ohh, that Prof Shin lady put herself out as bait.    I am going to watch soon.  Thanks!

I spoiled things again :facepalm:

Anyway, Jung Ho Young was right when he said he didn't that riverside victim. There are 2 killers. 

Yup, the Forensics Dude had not killed for over 30 years, and now when he saw his 5th victim's feet, the 5 dots, I believe it triggered him to kill, since the killing started again after that. The riverside victim was found after that case. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I spoiled things again 

Anyway, Jung Ho Young was right when he said he didn't that riverside victim. There are 2 killers. 

Yup, the Forensics Dude had not killed for over 30 years, and now when he saw his 5th victim's feet, the 5 dots, I believe it triggered him to kill, since the killing started again after that. The riverside victim was found after that case. 

No, no!  Don't worry @Sleepy Owl, like I said, I am pretty blur.  Better for me so that I can watch OUT for it .. :D!

I am now in Epi 10.   I am curious why Coroner Mok keep hinting to PGH and KSJ that there might 2 killers, LOL - is he furious that Jung Ho Young getting all the attention.  He came to the crime scene and pointed out the Haein riverside victim was different from present case.    I know he killed the 8-dotted victim, the one at playground.    Where is that 7-dotted victim - not found yet?

I went through Epi 9, rewatched KSJ's presentation (haha), noted the following
Wife - Kim Ji Eun - killed 2009 , found 8 months later
2nd victim - Choi Ji Soo - 23 yo uni student
3rd victim - Park Hye Rim - 27 yo office worker
4th victim - Young Yeon Jin - 25 yo nurse
5th victim - Yoon Da Young -25 yo uni student
6th victim - Lee Seo Yeon - 25 yo uni student ( same place as KSJ's mom) 

I am a bit confused - why was Jung Ho Young at the scene where KSJ's mom was murdered - was he the one or the coroner who did it 30 years ago? the scene showing her pleading, saying that she has a child?  

On another note - in Epi 10
Geez, I feel a chill when Coroner Mok said that KSJ's mom was not innocent and then then the camera zoomed out, to the glass, showing a row of well, organs or tissues kept in bottles?  

sorry for so many questions

6 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I am now in Epi 10.   I am curious why Coroner Mok keep hinting to PGH and KSJ that there might 2 killers, LOL - is he furious that Jung Ho Young getting all the attention.  He came to the crime scene and pointed out the Haein riverside victim was different from present case.    I know he killed the 8-dotted victim, the one at playground.    Where is that 7-dotted victim - not found yet?

The thing about serial killers is that, they don't want someone else get the credit of their work, and so the forensics dude has been insisting that Jung Ho Young didn't kill the other two women with dots on their heels. 

The 7th victim was found in the early episodes, remember, when they showed Sun Jae to have left to check out the scene, and then they mentioned about how Jung Ho Young got away by killing his partner. The victim was found at the river side, and shown to have 7 dots on her heels. 

9 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I am a bit confused - why was Jung Ho Young at the scene where KSJ's mom was murdered - was he the one or the coroner who did it 30 years agon? the scene showing her pleading, saying that she has a child?  

You'll get your answers in the next episodes Chingu, will not spoil it anymore :joy:

9 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Geez, I feel a chill when Coroner Mok said that KSJ's mom was not innocent and then then the camera zoomed out, to the glass, showing a row of well, organs or tissues kept in bottles?  

You will get to know about this too, most probably in the final few episodes. I know though, since I remember stuff, but you will enjoy it more when you watch it. :approves:

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

The thing about serial killers is that, they don't want someone else get the credit of their work, and so the forensics dude has been insisting that Jung Ho Young didn't kill the other two women with dots on their heels. 

The 7th victim was found in the early episodes, remember, when they showed Sun Jae to have left to check out the scene, and then they mentioned about how Jung Ho Young got away by killing his partner. The victim was found at the river side, and shown to have 7 dots on her heels. 

You'll get your answers in the next episodes Chingu, will not spoil it anymore :joy:

You will get to know about this too, most probably in the final few episodes. I know though, since I remember stuff, but you will enjoy it more when you watch it. 

Ah okay, may have to replay - forgot which victim was that on the 7 dots.  
Thank you @Sleepy Owl

:heartxoxo:

39 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Happened at the end of 4th episode, you can check it out 

LOL, have to watch this later - can't go back when Epi 10 ending is so ... what's the word?   PGH finally found his daughter.  And she almost died at the hands of that Jung Ho Young.

She is pretty when she makes up a bit more red.  
tunnel_ep_10_4043.jpg?w=605&h=373

Wait, if not for Coroner Mok, she would have died.  He called KSJ to inform him that this Shin went on murderer-hunting.

Q - Now why was he so helpful?  He did not want her to die in the hands of Jung Ho Young?   Wae Wae Wae

tunnel_ep_10_5009.jpg?w=605&h=358

My heart went pounding thumpity- thump when I heard a car coming behind her - aishhhh ... false alarm. 
After that,  she was like "whooshed" away so suddenly!  

And ironically, it was the whistle from her mom that saves her life, which was meant for her father PGH.   
What a twist of fate!  Father was the one who heard her whistling! 
tunnel_ep_10_5509.jpg?w=605&h=368

I don't think I can sleep tonight .... 

18 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Wait, if not for Coroner Mok, she would have died.  He called KSJ to inform him that this Shin went on murderer-hunting.

I am sure that the forensics dude wanted Jung Ho Young to be arrested too, he is already running around taking the credits of his murder (of course even Ho Young denies it). 

Plus, as the forensics dude said, he does not kill for no reason, and has got no reason to have another person killed while wanting to catch another murderer. It would not benefit him at all if she would die, as she was the only person who said there is another murderer.

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Plus, as the forensics dude said, he does not kill for no reason, and has got no reason to have another person killed while wanting to catch another murderer. It would not benefit him at all if she would die, as she was the only person who said there is another murderer.

You are like Prof Shin too @Sleepy Owl

Image result for smart gif

:ilike:Thank you for your response.  

Zoppa has been crying so much lately @partyon :tears:

Umm  @Sleepy Owl  When can we write about Epi 11- 12 .. .after this Thursday or next on 4th March?

17 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Umm  @Sleepy Owl  When can we write about Epi 11- 12 .. .after this Thursday or next on 4th March?

Yup, coming Thursday, it is for the episode 11th and 12th. I already watched the 11th episode, will watch the 12th episode tomorrow hopefully. I always watch the episodes during the weekend :wow1:

18 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

You are like Prof Shin too @Sleepy Owl

:heartxoxo:

Some quick comments about ep 9 and 10

• Park Gwang Ho's scenes when he found out his wife is dead and that he has a missing daughter were just heartbreaking. :tears: Oppa did such a wonderful job depicting the emotional aspects of these scenes.
    I would also like to add that in my opinion, oppa is a pretty crier. :wub:
  • I liked how Sun Jae was able to help him pick up the pieces and decide to continue looking for the serial killer so that Gwang Ho can go back to 1986 and make everything right again. Go bromance!
  • We finally got confirmation that there are two serial killers and that Jung Ho Young is most probably a copy cat killer. Or is it the other way around?
    The revelation that pathologist Mok Jin Woo is a serial killer too and that he again started killing, made my blood freeze
  • The heated discussions between Prof. Shin and Park Gwang Ho in ep 10 where he more or less accused her of showing no concern to the victims / families of the murdered by provoking Jung Ho Young was intense.
    She deciding to try to lure out Jung Ho Young herself - probably because she has no family who would care if she'd be killed or not, was a huge sacrifice. Wow!
  • When she was attacked I could barely breathe, and when oppa finally found her unconscious and with his whistle hanging around her neck my heart broke.
    He found his missing daughter :tears:

tunnel_ep_10_5834.jpg?w=605&h=356

tunnel_ep_10_5835.jpg?w=605&h=356

23 minutes ago, joccu said:

I still have to watch ep 10. I'm so behind. But ep 9 was so heartbreaking.  

You still have time @joccu  No worries.  I was so behind few episodes a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, partyon said:

• The heated discussions between Prof. Shin and Park Gwang Ho in ep 10 where he more or less accused her of showing no concern to the victims / families of the murdered by provoking Jung Ho Young was intense.
    She deciding to try to lure out Jung Ho Young herself - probably because she has no family who would care if she'd be killed or not, was a huge sacrifice. Wow!
  • When she was attacked I could barely breathe, and when oppa finally found her unconscious and with his whistle hanging around her neck my heart broke.
    He found his missing daughter :tears:

When PGH told Prof Shin off on the provocation bit, can't help feeling that he was right yet my heart goes to Prof Shin.  PGH has quite a loud voice when he is angry.   Deep voice Zoppa in anger.   
Jung Ho Young was startled when someone finally believed in him.  Feeling guilty, Prof Shin decided to bait JHY after talking to Coroner Mok.  I don't like her close interaction with that Coroner.  Will there be more meetings between? :(

Archived