Soompi Awards: Best Dramas (2020) - Poll #1

partyon

Best Dramas of 2020 (Soompi Forum Awards)  

417 members have voted

1. 1. Which thriller / suspense / fantasy / mystery dramas were your favorite in 2020? (Choose up to 5)

2. 2. Which rom-coms / comedies were your favorite in 2020? (choose up to 5)

• Hi Bye, Mama!
    • Mystic Pop-up Bar
    • Dinner Mate
    • Eighteen Again
    • Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation
    • Tale of Gumiho
    • Was It Love? (We Were in Love)
    • Backstreet Rookie
    • Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol
    • Eccentric! Chef Moon
    • To All the Guys Who Loved Me (Men Are Men)
    • Kkondae Intern (Old School Intern)
    • Hyena
    • Oh My Baby
    • Zombie Detective
    • Psycopath Diary
    • Touch
    • Good Casting
    • The Spies Who Loved Me
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Which romances / dramas / melodramas were your favorite in 2020? (choose up to 5)

• My Unfamiliar Family
    • A Piece of Your Mind
    • Black Dog
    • Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 2
    • Hospital Playlist
    • Forest
    • Chocolate
    • Record of Youth
    • Diary of a Prosecutor
    • Do You Like Brahms?
    • I'll Go To You When the Weather Is Nice
    • Selection: The War Between Women
    • Itaewon Class
    • Start-up
    • When My Love Blooms
    • Crash Landing on You
    • Stove League
    • Lies of Lies
    • Find Me In Your Memory
    • None of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2021 at 07:00 PM

Sorry that I did not understand and follow all the acronym name in this chat thread like abs and SLS...

My favourite emoji icon for Y2020 is :kicks:

The more i look at this emoji, the more i enjoy laughing it :lol::D

I would like to kick away all those past events that I disliked in Y2020 and have a fresh start in Y2021....may the world stay peace and healthy....

In today's world, true peace must come from within us and our own action....and some Kdrama in the past or present can help us to find our own peace and enjoyment...:approves:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @partyon for tagging and @Lmangla for helping in the poll.

That's a long list of Dramas and with my memory of a fish, will be a little hard to choose which is the best among those categories.

Let me digest first and will give it a shot later.

Have you thought about having a poll on abs and best kiss ?

:blush:

17 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

what about you eonnis/chingus/dongsaengs@partyon @Min2206 @mirmz @Jillia @larus @Ameera Ali @Thong Thin @Sleepy Owl @sadthe1st @Lmangla @joccu @Sejabin@MY15 @corey and all of you who read this 

@4evrkdrama thanks for tagging, I will only select those that I have watched.

What about you, chingu ? 

Have you voted.

:heart1:

3 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Have you thought about having a poll on abs and best kiss ?

kekeke... we have the abs one tomorrow. let us know if you have any specific choices.

as for kiss, we don't have time to come up with one but can do one later this month; again, we need nominations as we all seem to have the memory of fish like @CarolynH put it. :D

32 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Was Hi Bye Mama a rom com?  All I remember is KTH crying every episode.

ooops, maybe it was happy tears? :P hahahahhaha...

25 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... we have the abs one tomorrow. let us know if you have any specific choices.

as for kiss, we don't have time to come up with one but can do one later this month; again, we need nominations as we all seem to have the memory of fish like @CarolynH put it. :D

ooops, maybe it was happy tears? :P hahahahhaha...

Same here... memory of a Big fish :loolz:

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

Was Hi Bye Mama a rom com?  All I remember is KTH crying every episode.

Carolyn, I stopped watching after Ep 2 partly because of her crying.

And I remembered how evil  she was in Stairways to Heaven.

Coming out for a while from my lurking mode.

Thank you @partyon and @Lmangla for organizing this poll and tagging me. :heartxoxo:

Looking through the lists, I guess I did watched  most of it but I am struggling to remember the ending for most of the drama I've watched. Nevertheless, I've voted for the ones I remember not having to struggle trying to keep up with the episodes every week. I wouldn't really say they are my favorites, more of dramas that can hold my attention decently and I keep anticipating new episodes until the last episode.:coolshades:

This was a hard poll. I watched so many dramas yet none of them gave me that *doki doki* spark that made me want to pick them. Every thing was average-ish at most (some could've actually been good but built up little things made the drama a less rewarding experience).

I realized that I have no favourite rom-coms this year, even though it's the category I watch most. Maybe with age, my standards up-ed itself? Or the pandemic has made me a tad bit too sad to enjoy dramas? 

Truly a dry year in the drama world. 

Hope there's more to 2021 and I'll continue to be on the hunt for easter egg dramas.

:brokenheart:

50 minutes ago, tofumochu said:

I realized that I have no favourite rom-coms this year, even though it's the category I watch most. Maybe with age, my standards up-ed itself? Or the pandemic has made me a tad bit too sad to enjoy dramas? 

yea I have been having the same problem. the only dash of romance I enjoy are in melos. am so glad to be able to fangirl this turkish dizi with @kokodus because it feels like ages since I have really enjoyed a romance and felt that dugun dugun giggles. sigh. maybe it was the season or just age like you said. lets hope we find funny dramas to watch this year.

:elated:

15 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea I have been having the same problem. the only dash of romance I enjoy are in melos. am so glad to be able to fangirl this turkish dizi with @kokodus because it feels like ages since I have really enjoyed a romance and felt that dugun dugun giggles. sigh. maybe it was the season or just age like you said. lets hope we find funny dramas to watch this year.

Can we let go of the Turkish dizi discussion on this thread now..... hahah :joy:

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Can we let go of the Turkish dizi discussion on this thread now..... hahah :joy:

kekeke.. :P

confused bill nye GIF by NETFLIX

hope 2021 gives us lots of dugun dugun kdramas. otherwise, my standard kdrama reaction these days is face palm, shake my head, "let me slap them" and giggles (at the madness rather than comedy). :lol:

2 hours ago, kdramagrandma said:

Looking through the lists, I guess I did watched  most of it but I am struggling to remember the ending for most of the drama I've watched. Nevertheless, I've voted for the ones I remember not having to struggle trying to keep up with the episodes every week. I wouldn't really say they are my favorites, more of dramas that can hold my attention decently and I keep anticipating new episodes until the last episode.

2 hours ago, tofumochu said:

This was a hard poll. I watched so many dramas yet none of them gave me that *doki doki* spark that made me want to pick them. Every thing was average-ish at most (some could've actually been good but built up little things made the drama a less rewarding experience).

Truly a dry year in the drama world.

@kdramagrandma and @tofumochu I feel exactly the same way. I was struggling to give votes in this poll, because there were only 6 dramas I succeeded to finish without using the FF button in every episode, and even with some of them, I didn't love them. I dropped 12 dramas all in all. :blush:

The only dramas I really enjoyed were Nobody Knows, Hyena and (partially) Flower of Evil.

I feel like 2020 was a pretty lame year for dramas. Too many rinse and repeat type of dramas. I especially hated the romance/melos this year. They were a snooze fest for me.

No wonder that I chose to watch older dramas. I just finished Good Doctor and also made it through Empress Ki.

Since they are going to come out with less dramas in 2021, I hope that they focus on quality. :kiss_wink:

2 minutes ago, strongtower said:

18 Again!!!!

one of my best kdramas this year

I hear many people liked this drama. It's interesting that the drama thread is so short, yet it got a lot of votes in this poll.

Pretty amazing! :partyblob:

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I feel like 2020 was a pretty lame year for dramas. Too many rinse and repeat type of dramas. I especially hated the romance/melos this year. They were a snooze fest for me.

Since they are going to come out with less dramas in 2021, I hope that they focus on quality. 

Couldn't agree more about the snooze fest for romance/melos drama this year. I know that a lot of people love The King Eternal Monarch and Tale of Gumiho but you will never hear a good thing coming out from me about those two. The younger me would go crazy over romance and I was really not into slice-of-life/thriller before but nowadays I can never watch romance with full attention because of how cliche it became towards the end despite having a strong start and I am enjoying more slice-of-life/thriller dramas. 

My hope for 2021, we have more representation of regular people as lead characters. With excellent writings, one doesn't necessarily need chaebol/heir or damsel in distress to make romance story works. The classics worked before because of the sentiment then but the world is constantly changing that I hope it will be reflected more.

21 minutes ago, partyon said:

I hear many people liked this drama. It's interesting that the drama thread is so short, yet it got a lot of votes in this poll.

Pretty amazing! 

I think the thread is so short due to lack of english subtitle available through legal means and it was released more than 24 hours after the airing. I personally really enjoyed watching it and highly recommend it for those who haven't watch the drama. 

My most favorite scene in the drama and it made me weep real hard. :criesariver:

Spoiler

img.gif

Archived