Soompi Awards: Best Dramas (2020) - Poll #1

partyon

Best Dramas of 2020 (Soompi Forum Awards)  

417 members have voted

1. 1. Which thriller / suspense / fantasy / mystery dramas were your favorite in 2020? (Choose up to 5)

2. 2. Which rom-coms / comedies were your favorite in 2020? (choose up to 5)

• Hi Bye, Mama!
    • Mystic Pop-up Bar
    • Dinner Mate
    • Eighteen Again
    • Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation
    • Tale of Gumiho
    • Was It Love? (We Were in Love)
    • Backstreet Rookie
    • Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol
    • Eccentric! Chef Moon
    • To All the Guys Who Loved Me (Men Are Men)
    • Kkondae Intern (Old School Intern)
    • Hyena
    • Oh My Baby
    • Zombie Detective
    • Psycopath Diary
    • Touch
    • Good Casting
    • The Spies Who Loved Me
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Which romances / dramas / melodramas were your favorite in 2020? (choose up to 5)

• My Unfamiliar Family
    • A Piece of Your Mind
    • Black Dog
    • Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 2
    • Hospital Playlist
    • Forest
    • Chocolate
    • Record of Youth
    • Diary of a Prosecutor
    • Do You Like Brahms?
    • I'll Go To You When the Weather Is Nice
    • Selection: The War Between Women
    • Itaewon Class
    • Start-up
    • When My Love Blooms
    • Crash Landing on You
    • Stove League
    • Lies of Lies
    • Find Me In Your Memory
    • None of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2021 at 07:00 PM

Thanks for the polls @Lmangla, @partyon Noona :heartxoxo:

32 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Like sis @Sleepy Owl said most of the 2020 dramas set off with great start but got slow in the later half ! 

Yes Chingu, I believe I have said this multiple times on the Add/Sub thread. 2020 had dramas with great potential  when it came to plot, they seemed interesting, some dramas were great till final few episodes before just suddenly drifting away for some unknown reasons. 

For me Chingu, I really had a hard time choosing dramas from the first category, I had around 8-9 favorite dramas, but had to choose the best 5 from them. If I were to choose the best ones from the 5, then I would go with "Nobody Knows", Forest of Secrets 2" and "Kairos", can't really choose the best among them. They were best in their own. 

For the second Category, I loved "18 Again" the most. 

As for the final one, "Stove League" tops it all for me. This drama was different, and was fast paced compared to other ones. Itaewon Class was different and good too. Same with my other 3 selections. 

Hoping to see better dramas in 2021 :wow1:

PS: Slight correction here Chingu, I am not sis, since I am boy :joy:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, willenette said:

@larus, me, the last one, which are melodramas................ :tounge_xd:

I struggled the most with the last category too (melodramas, romances, slice of life dramas). In the end, I chose 2 dramas despite dropping both of them. :joy:

I actually only completed 6 dramas without major FFing out of 18 in 2020... :phew:

22 minutes ago, maribella said:

I had to imagine somewhat that I liked them

Have you forgotten Man in veil and the abs scenes?

kekeke.. I didn't watch a single rom-com or comedy last year.  was I too stressed? my idea of de-stressing was to watch lots of crime docs/dramas in 2020. hahahahah...  my only romance was some turkish dizi where I am fangirling with @kokodus .....

21 minutes ago, partyon said:

Technically those abs can't be included in the poll we're setting up because the kimbap abs drama is ending in 2021.

But @Lmangla sweetie made a formal protest to me this morning when I said that we can include them next year. So am gonna have to listen to my sweetie and include them in the poll already now.... :joy:

I had to protest. the man displayed his abs for no reason at all at least 4 times. or was it 5 times? on top of it, he didn't just show his abs, they were always perfectly oiled or just dripping with water like he had really walked away from the shower. that's dedicated fan service. and he wasn't even in angst. he just wanted to eat kimbaps which he swore his lady love made the best. but we all know that he is whipped and would eat it even if she was a bad cook. so abs right before food -- the guy deserves to be included for such fan service! :lol: hahahahhaha...

BD2A0A91-AA67-4759-8346-84BBD8E6E9B8.gif

cr: @Ameera Ali

37 minutes ago, partyon said:

Don't get me wrong, I love my Ju Ji Hoon oppa and his abs a lot, but Joo Won oppa (50%) certainly works out more.

Let's look at the exhibits

totally convinced! even though JJH probably had more shirtless (i almost typed topless) scenes than Joo Won's seconds-to-a-min scene in Alice, your 50% oppa definitely has a more shape-full curves

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

I haven't watched any of these, but since some friends flooded my feed so much of what they were watching, I voted their choices.

OMO! Your New Year's resolution should be to watch one k-drama in 2021. What types of dramas  / genres do you normally like? :kiss_wink:

How about joining our Tunnel re-watch event even though it's starting already next week? :D

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

OMO! Your New Year's resolution should be to watch one k-drama in 2021. What types of dramas  / genres do you normally like?

Gimme one that has great OST/BGM, great chemistry, believable enough script as per the story theme, and suitable for under 12 show, coz I'm not always alone when I've time for watching. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Gimme one that has great OST/BGM, great chemistry, believable enough as per the story theme, and suitable for under 12 show, coz I'm not always alone when I've time for watching. :lol: 

yes, it can be awkward at times. remember one soompi chingu whose five year old granddaughter walked in during a dead fish kiss/hug scene and was scandalized. :lol:

example of a kdrama dead fish kiss

5744c11722fedcc7bab869dae6d5422dffa50c34

P.S ~ no one should watch the drama 'bridgerton' on netflix with your family. :joy:

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Gimme one that has great OST/BGM, great chemistry, believable enough script as per the story theme, and suitable for under 12 show, coz I'm not always alone when I've time for watching. :lol: 

Alright, we can work with this! :approves:

It will narrow it down to 10% of the dramas though :D 

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yes, it can be awkward at times. remember one soompi chingu whose five year old granddaughter walked in during a deadfish kiss/hug scene and was scandalized.

P.S ~ no one watch the drama 'bridgerton' on netflix with your family. :joy:

Hahahaha, I can imagine! The kiddos actually tell and ask their classmates to see what they're seeing. They even draw the characters/sceneries in their mobiles or in their tabs and would sometimes be sent as their art homeworks to their teachers. So "scandalous" really won't do, LOL! 

@partyon, something tame enough like Page Turner ^_^

I already voted and can only find one drama per category as best of 2020.

Then again I hadn't seen that many, until 2nd half of 2020. 

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Backstreet Rookie, Hospital Playlist, Kingdom 1 (haven't seen 2 yet), Stove League, Diary of a Prosecutor maybe?

Although Backstreet has some raunchy humor due to one character hmm. 

26 minutes ago, dolorisbrady said:

Thank you @partyon for the poll . I can't wait for the poll  for the best abs. Can you do a poll on second lead Syndrome?

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! :kiss_wink:

Do you have any suggestions of abs to include in the poll? We are planning on getting the poll out on Friday.

Ooh, SLS - always a great topic! Let me check if we can fit it into one of the remaining polls. In which drama did you have the biggest SLS last year? :heart4:

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

@Lmangla I think our Emanet fits all of these categories....hehehe. 

Archived