[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

On 2/3/2021 at 6:07 PM, Jillia said:

@raziela

Well dang it! Now I've been thinking what if the teasers are tricking me into thinking it's super serious and in the end it's just funny. Can I hope for just a little humor but more seriousness?

Oh G Nooo I don't want this funny! Nope! No cringy humor. Otherwise  what a waste? Vincenzo  comes back to Korea.. and what? I don't mind a humor but should be done  witty and when the scene needs it. I don't mind something like "Cruel City. Heartless City.  like that drama too. 

So yeah the twt below.... If it's something like Money Flowe.. I don't mind at all.

twt credit as tag@

• Like 2

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

:partyblob:

• Where's My Oppa? 2

'Vincenzo' Mafia Song Joong-ki, dangerous and suspicious landing

PS21020500113.jpg

The preview video released on this day captures the attention with Song Joong-ki's intense acting transformation and a feast of extraordinary characters. Concilieri Vincenzo of the Italian mafia, who enters Korea, faces difficulties from the start. Vincenzo, a strong guy who couldn't touch anyone carelessly, was hit by a mysterious blow. Korea was a more dangerous place for him than the mafia's den. Vincenzo's undisturbed appearance predicts unusual events in the future.

Vincenzo's real ordeal peaks after meeting with his strange neighbors. The merchants of the Geumga Plaza, which may seem ordinary but not easy, present Vincenzo with a new world that he has never heard of.

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01341526628947568&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks so much to everyone for the posting the latest teaser.  This teaser definitely showcases more of the dark humour alongside the action and drama that this writer is famous for.  I'm getting more and more excited with each new release:partyblob::1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1)::cheers:

I just found a more detailed synopsis on one of the international Netflix pages. So looks like he has a very specific reason for coming back to Seoul.

A consigliere to an Italian mafia returns to his motherland in search of gold bars buried underneath a building in Seoul. In doing so, he becomes embroiled in a legal battle against a large conglomerate and reluctantly takes on the fight for justice along with a cold-hearted female lawyer

• Thanks 4

I like  this to have romance. I Don't want this funny tho'. Humor when needed is fine but when needed. 

This better not be slapticks, cringy com or otherwise... else I'll be disappointed :pensive:

I'm starting to have a feeling about how this drama will be. :worried:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jongski said:

I like  this to have romance. I Don't want this funny tho'. Humor when needed is fine but when needed. 

This better not be slapticks, cringy com or otherwise... else I'll be disappointed :pensive:

I'm starting to have a feeling about how this drama will be. :worried:

There will be romance but it might be minimal, like with ”Cruel City”. Tbh I would have prefered too this drama to be without comedy , but at least it won’t be slapstick / childish kind of humor ..:) Fiery Priest (same screenwriter) has also comedy, but it was black humor

• Awesome 1

57 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@partyon @Berou

Kwak Dong Yeon in a villain role is everything. Gotta say I like how his career is shaping up and then I remember he still got to leave for military service someday. :o

Nooooooo..... Oppa, I will miss you.......... Oppa! :bawling:

I will be watching this drama solely because I get to see Kwak Dong Yeon oppa in a villain role. Look at that gaze :scream: I know he will do well in this role.

kwak-dong-yeon.jpeg

I was originally going to watch this drama because of Taecyeon too. But after seeing this forehead oppa styled in what looks like a mop on his head, I was like, nope. :unamused:

vincenzo-taecyeon.jpg

Seriously? What is the floof on his head? Imma just gonna call it a "fluffy helmet" from now on. Or "head floof". Which one is better?

Suspicious Will Smith GIF

EDIT: I put up a poll :kiss_wink:

@ssteph @Jillia @backstreetboysfan @Sleepy Owl @larus @Ameera Ali @rocher22 @raziela @jongski @Vera Vainio @Berou @elan1

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

The cast is very good. I really like the actors playing villains. I like dramas that have good villains and the writing for them is good. I always say that a drama is good when the writer knows how to write good antagonists.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

16 minutes ago, larus said:

The cast is very good. I really like the actors playing villains. I like dramas that have good villains and the writing for them is good. I always say that a drama is good when the writer knows how to write good antagonists.

Can't agree more. I often find my self drawn to a drama because of its leads and premise but the only way I keep watching till the end is because of its antagonists- case in point: Stranger. Recently I have found it so difficult to keep watching any show till the end due to lack of better characters than the leads you know. I am really hoping this one keeps me hooked till the end.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

This is going to be my drama after Mr Queen and Lovestruck in the City!

I do think it will be interesting to see Song Joong Ki in an Italian concept at first, although I had some trouble in his role of DOTS due to his babyface. but the teaser looks promising. I assume his origins would be the focus of the first two episodes?

Anyway I love a good villain!

• Blob 2

All I want is for this drama to be serious gritty mob drama. I probably will not ge that. :(

Based from search it says...

"Vincenzo

2021 ‧ Dark comedy"

There goes "serious" down the drain.  Hoping the writing and execution is well done  at least.  

Director: Kim Hee Won (The Crowned Clown, Money Flower)

Writer: Park Jae-bum (The Fiery Priest, Blood, Good Doctor)

I mean I like "dark comedy " but  a witty smart dark comedy.

Sorry y'all I don't mean to be on the negative. but was hoping a godfather/ donnie brasco type but this is more like goodfellas.. haha :) 

This is  dark comedy... and  romance. :D
"Vincenzo Casano falls in love with her. He also achieves social justice by his own way." (asianwiki)

Anyway.. the twt below.. are they your same reasons?

Mafia and the lawyer tho' :wub:

I expect.. she'll boss him instead. :D

They better end up together. Yes?

All twt post ctto as tag@

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, partyon said:

No love for Taecyeon's hair style then?

Taecyeon, if you're reading this (we all know your English is great), we love you and can't wait to watch you in Vincenzo soon!

I like his hair!  He looks CUTE!:approves: (Thanks for the poll! I also noticed I was the only person who voted that option regarding his hair LOL!)

16 hours ago, Berou said:

He aces villain and second lead roles. But I don't know why he keeps getting casted for them, it's long overdue for him to become the male lead. 

Thankfully he is still in his early 20s and probably won't enlist until he is in his late 20s... thus he has some time to  graduate to male lead roles. 

I agree. He is such a talented actor.  I thought he wasn't getting lead roles because he was too young but he is getting cast in adult vilain and adult second lead roles so that can't be the reason. He definitely deserves a chance especially when I keep seeing all these talentless idols getting lead roles handed to them. At least he is only 23 so there is still time for him to get lead roles like you said. I have noticed since he left the dreaded FNC he seems to be getting better quality projects and his new agency are doing a much better job promoting and supporting him. 

6 hours ago, jongski said:

Mafia and the lawyer tho' :wub:

I expect.. she'll boss him instead. :D

They better end up together. Yes?

@jongskiIt is described as a black comedy so there is definitely going to be some humour.  There is an excellent team with a great track record working on this drama both behind and in front of the camera so I trust them to execute it well.

Hong Cha Young seems like a total boss! I love how Vincenzo already seems a little intimidated by her in the teasers. He has met his match! I am so excited to see their relationship develop :dorashakes:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

22 hours ago, TheaN said:

Character guide:

Thanks for posting the video. They are all so charismatic and gorgeous (especially my queen, Hong Cha Young. I already know i am going to love this character:love:) I lowkey feel like I am already becoming obsessed with this whole cast :sparklyeyes:

Eng sub of SJK in the poster making video

Is Hong Cha Young one of the reasons his heart starts to slowly open?^_^

New still from Netflix of our leads:sweet:

This drama hashtag is going to be interesting for people actually called Vincenzo:lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Blob 1