• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems that I am of minority here who LOVED the ending to bits. It was a very satisfying ending for me. Major kudos to the writers for sticking to their guns. They allowed Vincenzo to embody a mafia

I couldn't agree more! That was a perfect kiss scene. From the very beginning, when the gallery director  started chanting for a kiss, you could see CY having that look of inner turmoil, but finally c

I hear you! I also don't think he's the same as Han Seung Hyeok, Choi Myung Hee, and Jang Han Seok, like, at all. Choi Myung Hee and Jang Han Seok were evil to the bone—I absolutely don't see Vincenzo

57 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@partyon @Berou

Kwak Dong Yeon in a villain role is everything. Gotta say I like how his career is shaping up and then I remember he still got to leave for military service someday. :o

Nooooooo..... Oppa, I will miss you.......... Oppa! :bawling:

I will be watching this drama solely because I get to see Kwak Dong Yeon oppa in a villain role. Look at that gaze :scream: I know he will do well in this role.

kwak-dong-yeon.jpeg

I was originally going to watch this drama because of Taecyeon too. But after seeing this forehead oppa styled in what looks like a mop on his head, I was like, nope. :unamused:

vincenzo-taecyeon.jpg

Seriously? What is the floof on his head? Imma just gonna call it a "fluffy helmet" from now on. Or "head floof". Which one is better?

Suspicious Will Smith GIF

EDIT: I put up a poll :kiss_wink:

@ssteph @Jillia @backstreetboysfan @Sleepy Owl @larus @Ameera Ali @rocher22 @raziela @jongski @Vera Vainio @Berou @elan1

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

The cast is very good. I really like the actors playing villains. I like dramas that have good villains and the writing for them is good. I always say that a drama is good when the writer knows how to write good antagonists.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2
16 minutes ago, larus said:

The cast is very good. I really like the actors playing villains. I like dramas that have good villains and the writing for them is good. I always say that a drama is good when the writer knows how to write good antagonists.

Can't agree more. I often find my self drawn to a drama because of its leads and premise but the only way I keep watching till the end is because of its antagonists- case in point: Stranger. Recently I have found it so difficult to keep watching any show till the end due to lack of better characters than the leads you know. I am really hoping this one keeps me hooked till the end.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

This is going to be my drama after Mr Queen and Lovestruck in the City!

I do think it will be interesting to see Song Joong Ki in an Italian concept at first, although I had some trouble in his role of DOTS due to his babyface. but the teaser looks promising. I assume his origins would be the focus of the first two episodes?

Anyway I love a good villain!

• Blob 2

No love for Taecyeon's hair style then? :crybaby:

Taecyeon, if you're reading this (we all know your English is great), we love you and can't wait to watch you in Vincenzo soon! :dorakiss:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

All I want is for this drama to be serious gritty mob drama. I probably will not ge that. :(

Based from search it says...

"Vincenzo

2021 ‧ Dark comedy"

There goes "serious" down the drain.  Hoping the writing and execution is well done  at least.  

Director: Kim Hee Won (The Crowned Clown, Money Flower)

Writer: Park Jae-bum (The Fiery Priest, Blood, Good Doctor)

I mean I like "dark comedy " but  a witty smart dark comedy.

Sorry y'all I don't mean to be on the negative. but was hoping a godfather/ donnie brasco type but this is more like goodfellas.. haha :) 

This is  dark comedy... and  romance. :D
"Vincenzo Casano falls in love with her. He also achieves social justice by his own way." (asianwiki)

Anyway.. the twt below.. are they your same reasons?

Mafia and the lawyer tho' :wub:

I expect.. she'll boss him instead. :D

They better end up together. Yes?

All twt post ctto as tag@

• Love 1
  • Blob 2
9 hours ago, partyon said:

No love for Taecyeon's hair style then?

Taecyeon, if you're reading this (we all know your English is great), we love you and can't wait to watch you in Vincenzo soon!

I like his hair!  He looks CUTE!:approves: (Thanks for the poll! I also noticed I was the only person who voted that option regarding his hair LOL!)

16 hours ago, Berou said:

He aces villain and second lead roles. But I don't know why he keeps getting casted for them, it's long overdue for him to become the male lead. 

Thankfully he is still in his early 20s and probably won't enlist until he is in his late 20s... thus he has some time to  graduate to male lead roles. 

I agree. He is such a talented actor.  I thought he wasn't getting lead roles because he was too young but he is getting cast in adult vilain and adult second lead roles so that can't be the reason. He definitely deserves a chance especially when I keep seeing all these talentless idols getting lead roles handed to them. At least he is only 23 so there is still time for him to get lead roles like you said. I have noticed since he left the dreaded FNC he seems to be getting better quality projects and his new agency are doing a much better job promoting and supporting him. 

6 hours ago, jongski said:

Mafia and the lawyer tho' :wub:

I expect.. she'll boss him instead. :D

They better end up together. Yes?

@jongskiIt is described as a black comedy so there is definitely going to be some humour.  There is an excellent team with a great track record working on this drama both behind and in front of the camera so I trust them to execute it well.

Hong Cha Young seems like a total boss! I love how Vincenzo already seems a little intimidated by her in the teasers. He has met his match! I am so excited to see their relationship develop :dorashakes:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
22 hours ago, TheaN said:

Character guide:

Thanks for posting the video. They are all so charismatic and gorgeous (especially my queen, Hong Cha Young. I already know i am going to love this character:love:) I lowkey feel like I am already becoming obsessed with this whole cast :sparklyeyes:

Eng sub of SJK in the poster making video

Is Hong Cha Young one of the reasons his heart starts to slowly open?^_^

New still from Netflix of our leads:sweet:

This drama hashtag is going to be interesting for people actually called Vincenzo:lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
7 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I think this is my  first drama of Taecyeon.

Same for me but I think I am going to really like him in this role - and he is definitely pleasing to look at :relaxed:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1
10 hours ago, TheaN said:

English sub for 3rd teaser:

Thanks a lot for the subtitles!  I wonder if he wants to reclaim the building because of the gold bars mentioned in the other synopsis? His new neighbourhood seems a bit crazy lol:lol:

Watch: Song Joong Ki, 2PM’s Taecyeon, Jeon Yeo Bin, And Kwak Dong Yeon Introduce Their “Vincenzo” Characters In New Video

Feb 7, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Vincenzo” has shared new behind-the-scenes footage from its poster shoot!

“Vincenzo” is a new drama starring Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (played by Jeon Yeo Bin) and her intern Jang Joon Woo (played by 2PM’s Taecyeon). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

In the newly released video, the drama’s leading actors take turns personally introducing their characters to the camera.

Song Joong Ki introduces his character Vincenzo Cassano by saying, “He’s a character that’s devilish, cold-blooded, and icy. It’s impossible to know what he’s thinking or feeling on the inside. After only living in Italy for all of his life, he comes to Korea and meets unexpected people. I think it’s a story about [Vincenzo] slowly opening his heart to others, bit by bit.”

Song-Joong-Ki2.jpg

Meanwhile, Jeon Yeo Bin describes her character Hong Cha Young as “sharp-tongued, with a fierce competitive streak.”

“Rather than good versus evil, she’s someone who cares more about what is advantageous for her versus what isn’t,” says the actress. “When something is to her benefit, she’s someone who will race towards it without hesitation.”

Jeon-Yeo-Bin.jpg

Taecyeon wears a fond smile as he talks about his character Jang Joon Woo, a rookie lawyer at Hong Cha Young’s law firm.

“Joon Woo is a somewhat bumbling character who works hard, with the determination of a newcomer,” says Taecyeon. “He’s interested in Hong Cha Young, who is his mentor and a senior lawyer at his firm. If it’s for Cha Young, he’s ready to become a spy or even James Bond.”

Taecyeon.jpg

Kim Yeo Jin introduces her character as “lawyer Choi Myung Hee, who is a former prosecutor. She’s willing to resort to any means necessary in order to win, and she’s someone who puts everything on the line for the sake of victory. At times, she can become extremely vicious and cruel.”

Spoiler

Kim-Yeo-Jin.jpg

Finally, Kwak Dong Yeon describes his character by teasing, “Jang Han Seo is the president of one of the most prominent companies in South Korea. There are a lot of hidden secrets and stories related to [the character], so I hope you’ll learn about them by watching the drama.”

Spoiler

Kwak-Dong-Yeon.jpg

The clip goes on to ask the actors how they felt about the poster shoot, and Song Joong Ki replies, “There are similarities in texture between the poster shoot and our drama.” He later adds, “I think the posters will make it possible for viewers to feel the vibe and tone of ‘Vincenzo’ right away. So I had a lot of fun today.”

Jeon Yeo Bin starts to answer, “I liked it a lot,” before adorably bursting out laughing as she realizes that she’s half-acting like her character from the drama. “Wait a second,” she exclaims, “this isn’t even me or Hong Cha Young—I’m caught somewhere in between! This is so awkward.”

Taecyeon remarks, “I tried hard to do a good job portraying Joon Woo’s childlike innocence and cheerful energy,” while Kim Yeo Jin comments, “Unlike other photo shoots, a poster shoot involves a character. So it felt really similar to acting. I had fun.”

Kwak Dong Yeon shares, “It felt like both a pictorial and a poster shoot. I’m really looking forward to the results, and I’m curious to see how cool the other actors looked in their own shoots.”The clip ends with the cast asking viewers to tune in to the premiere of “Vincenzo,” which will air on February 20 at 9 p.m. KST. Check out the full behind-the-scenes video below!

Spoiler

https://www.soompi.com/article/1453010wpp/watch-song-joong-ki-2pms-taecyeon-jeon-yeo-bin-and-kwak-dong-yeon-introduce-their-vincenzo-characters-in-new-video

• Like 2

“Vincenzo” Screenwriter And Director Praise Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, And 2PM’s Taecyeon

803af2c202b04358b504c325697db155.jpeg?s=

Feb 9, 2021
by M. Kang

Screenwriter Park Jae Bum and director Kim Hee Won shared their unique perspectives on the upcoming drama “Vincenzo”!

tvN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama “Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he crosses paths with experienced lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin) and her intern Jang Joon Woo (2PM’s Taecyeon). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to serve justice to villains who otherwise cannot be punished by the court of law.

A big reason behind the growing anticipation for “Vincenzo” is the collaboration of not only established actors like Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, and Taecyeon, but also skilled screenwriter Park Jae Bum and director Kim Hee Won. Park Jae Bum’s works include “The Fiery Priest” and “Good Manager,” while Kim Hee Won is recognized for “The Crowned Clown” and “Money Flower.” Together, they plan to deliver a large-scale refresher to the audience.

vincenzo.jpg

“Vincenzo” depicts the process of how Vincenzo grows into being a dark hero. His approach in taking down villains with a greater evil is expected to bring a unique enjoyment to the audience. Kim Hee Won stated, “This is a piece where Park Jae Bum’s sharp message for society is blended into refreshing comedy and intense action. The hero sweeps away the wicked, for whom atonement or penance is useless, as if he’s cleaning up.” Park Jae Bum added, “Vincenzo is completely a villain, not a stereotypical main character that follows the status quo. The drama’s greatest selling points are the process and results of this villain unintentionally bringing justice.”

Park Jae Bum has dealt with dark comedy as a genre in his previous works. He explained, “The three actually share similarities. ‘The Fiery Priest’ shows justice performed by a religious person, ‘Good Manager’ shows justice performed by the small bourgeoisie, and ‘Vincenzo’ shows the ironic justice executed by a villain. This is what sets ‘Vincenzo’ apart. On what grounds and context a brutal Mafia lawyer turns to serve justice will be an interesting point.” He then added, “In contrast to ‘The Fiery Priest’ and ‘Good Manger,’ where I tried to serve refreshment through laughter, ‘Vincenzo’ is of a more complex genre and will give refreshment in more diverse aspects.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1453276wpp/vincenzo-screenwriter-and-director-praise-song-joong-ki-jeon-yeo-bin-and-2pms-taecyeon

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST
  • ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조