[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

February 13 2021

Ep.1 trailer for tvN drama “Vincenzo”

Vincenzo-ep01trailerSM1.jpg

Ep.1 trailer added for tvN drama series “Vincenzo” starring Song Joong-Ki, Jeon Yeo-Bin, & TaecYeon. Ep.1 trailer begins with Song Jong-Ki stating “I have to finish everything in a month … then I go straight to Malta.”

“Vincenzo” first airs February 20, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: At the age of 8, Park Joo-Hyeong went to Italy after he was adopted. He is now an adult and has the name of Vincenzo Casano (Song Joong-Ki). He is a lawyer, who works for the Mafia as a consigliere. Because of a war between mafia groups, he flees to South Korea. In South Korea, he gets involved with Lawyer Hong Cha-Young (Jeon Yeo-Bin). She is the type of attorney who will do anything to win a case. Vincenzo Casano falls in love with her. He also achieves social justice by his own way.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ep-1-trailer-for-tvn-drama-vincenzo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jillia said:

Watch: Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin Introduce Their Characters In “Vincenzo”

Thanks for posting.  LMAO @ Song joong ki fearing his Italian teacher:lol::lol: :lol:  I very much want to see this horse riding scene Jeon Yeo Bin likes so much^_^

• Like 1

Watch: Song Joong Ki Vows Revenge And Strikes Fear Into People’s Hearts In Action-Packed Preview For “Vincenzo”

cc98d9ce60ce47cca776df0528d1fb3e.jpeg?s=

Feb 13, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Vincenzo” has shared an exciting sneak peek of its upcoming first episode!

“Vincenzo” is a new drama starring Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (played by Jeon Yeo Bin) and her intern Jang Joon Woo (played by 2PM’s Taecyeon). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

In the newly released preview of the drama’s premiere, Vincenzo leaves Italy for Korea with a mission—and a deadline. The antihero declares, “I need to wrap up everything within a month, and then I’ll head to Malta right away.” However, he soon faces more than one obstacle, including a gang of middle school delinquents who don’t seem to know what they’re up against. One of the students, who seems to be after Vincenzo’s luxury watch, threatens him by saying, “It seems like you don’t know yet how scary middle school students can be.”

When Vincenzo arrives at Geumga Plaza, the shopkeepers are immediately wary of the mysterious stranger. “There’s something ominous about his look,” says one of them in voice-over, “like a handsome villain from a movie.”

Suspicious of the newcomer, Hong Cha Young seems to intentionally get on Vincenzo’s nerves, leading to a furious outburst in Italian on his part. Unperturbed, the tough-as-nails lawyer coolly retorts, “Kind of sounds like bad words.” Meanwhile, the Geumga Plaza shopkeepers’ attorney Hong Yoo Chan (played by Yoo Jae Myung) keeps his guard up, saying, “I’ll never trust people like you.”

The clip goes on to show Geumga Plaza falling into the hands of Babel Construction, a company with ties to the cruel lawyer Choi Myung Hee (played by Kim Yeo Jin). As the plot starts to pick up the pace, Hong Cha Young remarks dryly, “In a way, it’s all mafia and cartels in Korea,” referring to the difficulty of prosecuting powerful and well-connected people through the justice system.

Recognizing the need for a “dark hero” who operates outside the law, Vincenzo steps up to the challenge as he threatens someone, “I’m not here to negotiate, but to deliver a warning.” The young and innocent Jang Joon Woo worries, “It’s too horrible. There are people there, after all,” but Vincenzo barely bats an eyelash as he watches an entire building collapse in front of him.

The preview ends with Vincenzo warning, “I’m never going to forgive any of you, no matter what.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454132wpp/watch-song-joong-ki-vows-revenge-and-strikes-fear-into-peoples-hearts-in-action-packed-preview-for-vincenzo

• Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin Make An Unlikely Crime-Fighting Duo In “Vincenzo”

630e9a78469d4b2da0ef81695a78fdcf.jpeg?s=

Feb 14, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s upcoming drama “Vincenzo” shared new stills of Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin ahead of its premiere!

“Vincenzo” is a new drama starring Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with a sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin) and her intern Jang Joon Woo (2PM’s Taecyeon). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

New stills reveal an interesting meeting between the dangerous outsider Vincenzo and the tough lawyer Hong Cha Young. Seemingly having noticed in a single glaze that they are each dealing with someone formidable, they eye each other with guarded curiosity. Vincenzo keeps his poker face up as Hong Cha Young draws closer, attempting to provoke him with a sly smile.

Song-Joong-Ki7.jpg

Jeon-Yeo-Bin1.jpg

In another set of stills, Vincenzo turns around to watch Hong Cha Young with interest, propping his elbow on the back of the chair. Hong Cha Yong looks off in the distance with her brow furrowed, as if she is complaining about something.

Drama fans are already looking forward to the chemistry between Vincenzo and Hong Cha Young, two very different people who somehow resemble each other. As a lawyer who belongs to a firm that backs a large company, Hong Cha Young isn’t exactly typical hero material, just like the Mafia consigliere Vincenzo. The two antiheroes will team up to get revenge against villains of all varieties using their own villainous methods that are sure to bring catharsis to viewers.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454172wpp/song-joong-ki-and-jeon-yeo-bin-make-an-unlikely-crime-fighting-duo-in-vincenzo

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I always enjoy love-hate relationships... I guess we're going to get it with Cha Young and Vincenzo. :D

:Pandabulous:

Me tooo--- I am really rooting for the rom-com aspect of the drama to stand out. Both characters seem like psychopaths- just my kind of couple!!! I mean yes the crime fighting, black comedy, social commentry and the mafia things are on top of list too but wishing this drama can be encompassing and give us a memorable love story too.

• Like 2

I am not sure if this has been addressed before. 
The relationship chart seems to show that jang joon woo likes hong cha young but seems to be one sided. While vincenzo and hong cha young doesnt have any love lines. Character description is however, tells otherwise.   I hope they wont play any draggy love triangle plot, but given the genre and the writer if there is one it would be more on a comedic side. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

On 14/02/2021 at 6:28 AM, larus said:

Watch: Song Joong Ki Vows Revenge And Strikes Fear Into People’s Hearts In Action-Packed Preview For “Vincenzo”

Thanks so much for posting 

This part made me LOL :lol::lol::lol:

On 14/02/2021 at 6:28 AM, larus said:

Suspicious of the newcomer, Hong Cha Young seems to intentionally get on Vincenzo’s nerves, leading to a furious outburst in Italian on his part. Unperturbed, the tough-as-nails lawyer coolly retorts, “Kind of sounds like bad words.”

18 hours ago, larus said:

Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin Make An Unlikely Crime-Fighting Duo In “Vincenzo”

15 hours ago, Jillia said:

I always enjoy love-hate relationships... I guess we're going to get it with Cha Young and Vincenzo. :D

:Pandabulous:

Yesssss! These types of pairings are my favourite. They are entertaining with lots of sexual tension

I love them so much already:heart3:

11 hours ago, Thirtysvn37 said:

The relationship chart seems to show that jang joon woo likes hong cha young but seems to be one sided. While vincenzo and hong cha young doesnt have any love lines. Character description is however, tells otherwise.   I hope they wont play any draggy love triangle plot, but given the genre and the writer if there is one it would be more on a comedic side. What do you guys think?

The arrow shows the feelings are one-sided on Jang Joon Woo's part whilst Vincenzo and Hong Cha Young's arrow/feelings are mutual. I think Hong Cha Young only views JJW as her trusted junior. From the teasers it seems like JJW's character is cute so I think his jealousy and a rivalry with Vincenzo will be played more for humour than angst (I still think there is more to this character;)).

Press conference today:partyblob:

Amazing new teaser:partyblob:  I noticed in the longer highlight teaser played during the press conference there is a pretty big spoiler but it isn't in this teaser.

Thanks for the pictures of the press conference @ssteph @Jillia  Always happy to see a female director. I love them but who did the handsome Song Joong Ki's hair like that and put the beautiful Jeon Yeo Bin in that sack of a dress:sweat_smile:. No complaints about Ok Tacyeon's styling:relaxed:

8 hours ago, Jillia said:

You can watch the complete press conference here. :D

https://tv.naver.com/v/18497842

Thank you! I'm glad TVN let international fans watch this video (I miss when nearly all Naver TV videos were available:cry:). 

The director, Kim Hee Won, said her favourite SJK work is "An innocent Man"

:glasses::heart3:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

@raziela

I was also a bit underwhelmed by fashion and hair at the press conference. But then it's the drama which is important. BUT also I enjoy nice looks at a promo event for a drama. And I didn't like SJK's hair either. Like... whoever did this: please STOP! :lol:

:lol:Right? SJK's hair has looked so good for Space Sweeper promotion recently but I don't know what they were trying to do for his hairstyle here:mellow:  This is JYB's first lead role in a drama and they put her in that! Like, what?!  I know Korean fashion is mostly underwhelming any way and I get that she isn't a big name yet so she probably doesn't have a lot of choices..but I'm sure they could have found something better than that drab, shapeless dress. Even just a nicely, tailored suit would have looked great and worked for the character she is playing. So sad because her hair and make-up were beautiful:facepalm: 

At least we know their styling in the drama is impeccable:doggie:

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, sunnynotsunhee said:

Really excited for this drama. I've actually never watched a SJK drama before but the plot sounds really interesting. Does anyone know if Kwak Dong Yeon is a villain in this drama? He's one of the main reasons I will be watching this :sweat_smile:

KDY is one of the (many!) reasons I am watching too:lol: Sadly, he is a villain here but his character, Jang Han Seo, looks very interesting. And very angry :sweat_smile:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454540wpp/song-joong-ki-jeon-yeo-bin-and-2pms-taecyeon-talk-about-how-they-were-cast-in-vincenzo-and-more

Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, And 2PM’s Taecyeon Talk About How They Were Cast In “Vincenzo” And More

Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, And 2PM’s Taecyeon Talk About How They Were Cast In “Vincenzo” And More

Feb 15, 2021
by C. Hong

On February 15, tvN’s new drama “Vincenzo” held an online press conference with producing director (PD) Kim Hee Won and cast members Song Joong KiJeon Yeo Bin, and 2PM’s Taecyeon.

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, a lawyer and Mafia consigliere who was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he crosses paths with a sharp-tongued lawyer named Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin) and her intern Jang Joon Woo (Taecyeon). They join forces to use villainous methods in taking down villains who cannot be punished by the law.

Director Kim Hee Won previously worked on “The Crowned Clown” and “Money Flower,” while screenwriter Park Jae Bum previously worked on “The Fiery Priest,” “Good Manager,” “Good Doctor,” and “God’s Quiz.”

Kim Hee Won shared, “The main character is Italian by nationality because of his Mafia backstory. I wanted the main character to be a foreigner and a stranger, so that there could be a new kind of comedy and chemistry that arises from the clash. I tried to mix both stable and unstable compositions in the mise-en-scène and the soundtrack uses a lot of opera arias.”

Spoiler

kim-hee-won-pd-vincenzo.jpg

Song Joong Ki said, “I think that Vincenzo is a relatable character not just for me, but for lots of people. We hear on the news about evil people in all kinds of fields. When I got the synopsis, there were a few lines about the writer’s intentions. I’d never related so much to a writer’s intentions before. I could feel his passion to write about social criticism, and to write characters who solved those social issues in refreshing ways. When you see the news, you get so angry. You want those evil people to be punished. Everyone thinks like that. Reading the script gave me the same feeling.”

He added, “My character is a character who feels set apart after living in Italy for so long. He returns to his motherland, Korea, and feels various emotions such as loneliness, sadness, but also relief.” The actor also rated the role as the most difficult one he’d ever played, requiring both action scenes and speaking Italian.

Spoiler

song-joong-ki-vincenzo.jpg

Jeon Yeo Bin talked about her character, Hong Cha Young, and said, “I was curious about how she would come to life, this character whom I’d first met on the script page. She was a big challenge for me. With the help of my seniors, she also became a more well-rounded character.” The actress added, “I’m still not a very familiar face among the public, so it would be nice if she could be so memorable that people would say, ‘Oh, that’s Hong Cha Young!’ when they see me.”

Spoiler

jeon-yeo-bin-vincenzo1.jpg

Taecyeon said, “When I first learned about the project called ‘Vincenzo,’ it felt very fresh to me. It was a story I’d never encountered before, and I was curious about what direction it would go. My character Joon Woo has eyes only for Cha Young, but he has his own path of growth. He seems kind of clumsy, but I was curious about how he’d grow as well.” About his physical transformation, he said, “I did my best to express someone who was just starting out in their career.”

Spoiler

taecyeon-2pm-vincenzo.jpg

Kim Hee Won explained that she had cast Song Joong Ki because of his drama “The Innocent Man.” She said, “He seems so innocent and naive in that role, but there’s loneliness and darkness in him. I realized I had a lot in common with that character. [Song Joong Ki] is the best partner I could ask for as a director. It’s an honor to work with someone who can balance the drama’s scale, serious moments, and comedic moments all in one.”

About casting Jeon Yeo Bin and Taecyeon, she said, “I saw her last drama and movie and thought that she was a talented actor. When we first met, we got into some small talk and I felt that her approach toward acting was pure and clean. There are a lot of moments when you have to let go of yourself in comedy, but Jeon Yeo Bin is someone who throws all that away and approaches acting with a pure mindset. Taecyeon gives off a healthy and energetic image in movies and dramas. He’s someone that makes you feel good to watch. His character has a lot of moments of change and growth, but there are times when his natural self comes through. I wanted to show a new side of him through this character.” 

Spoiler
Spoiler

vincenzo-song-joong-ki-taecyeon-jeon-yeo

Spoiler

song-joong-ki-jeon-yeon-bin-vincenzo.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, Jillia said:

Watch: Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, And 2PM’s Taecyeon Join Forces To Repay Evildoers In “Vincenzo” Teaser

Thank you so much!  This teaser is so exciting:hooray2:  

The director mentioned in the interview she paid a lot of attention to the mise-en-scene and I can definitely see it now we can see more scenes.  It looks so cinematic and some of the scenes also look like they are straight out of The Godfather.

Also we see some of the famous Hong Cha Young fake tears haha:lol:

12 hours ago, raziela said:

Song Joong Ki said, “I think that Vincenzo is a relatable character not just for me, but for lots of people. We hear on the news about evil people in all kinds of fields. When I got the synopsis, there were a few lines about the writer’s intentions. I’d never related so much to a writer’s intentions before. I could feel his passion to write about social criticism, and to write characters who solved those social issues in refreshing ways. When you see the news, you get so angry. You want those evil people to be punished. Everyone thinks like that. Reading the script gave me the same feeling.”

Seeing the evil people being punished is going to be so satisfying:w00t:

3 hours ago, Thirtysvn37 said:

Wow so much action in the new extended teaser.

Very exciting indeed, hong cha young seems to be funny and bold at the same time. 

Yes!  Seems like she is going to be a memorable female lead:partyblob:

1 hour ago, larus said:

Jin Sun kyu and Lee Hee-joon, first special appearance in Vicenzo

The two of them appear in the first episode and add their strength to the drama.

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021021619110759562&MS2

Thanks! How lovely of Jin Sun Kyu to support his Space Sweepers buddy^_^

• Like 4

Thanks for all the new updates!:).

On 2/14/2021 at 2:42 PM, Thirtysvn37 said:

I also hope it won't be a love triangle.

New Stills.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jin Sun Kyu And Lee Hee Joon To Make Cameo Appearances In Song Joong Ki’s New Drama “Vincenzo”

3e7ab04e25984c1fa54b9aa34ae72fce.jpeg?s=

Feb 16, 2021
by J. K

Jin Sun Kyu and Lee Hee Joon are supporting Song Joong Ki in his new drama!

Song Joong Ki will soon star in the tvN drama “Vincenzo” as the titular Vincenzo, a lawyer and Mafia consigliere who was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he crosses paths with a sharp-tongued lawyer named Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin) and her intern Jang Joon Woo (Taecyeon). They join forces to use villainous methods in taking down villains who cannot be punished by the law.

On February 16, a source from the show confirmed with Star News that Jin Sun Kyu and Lee Hee Joon will be making special appearances in the drama’s premiere episode. They stated, “We cannot reveal what roles they’ll be playing. Please find out through the episode.”

Song Joong Ki recently acted alongside Jin Sun Kyu in the film “Space Sweepers,” while he’s co-stars with Lee Hee Joon in the upcoming film “Bogotá.”

“Vincenzo” premieres on February 20 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454725wpp/jin-sun-kyu-and-lee-hee-joon-to-make-cameo-appearances-in-song-joong-kis-new-drama-vincenzo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin Dish On Their Chemistry In “Vincenzo” And Praise Each Other’s Acting

8ca6f3c7021047d09b6be37446b1bbe6.jpeg?s=

Feb 18, 2021
by E. Cha

With the premiere of their new drama “Vincenzo” just days away, stars Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin talked about their experience working with one another on the filming set!

“Vincenzo” is an upcoming tvN drama starring Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (played by Jeon Yeo Bin) and her intern Jang Joon Woo (played by 2PM’s Taecyeon). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Praising his co-star’s acting, Song Joong Ki remarked, “Jeon Yeo Bin is an actress whose acting is not only fun to watch, but a kind of acting that hasn’t been seen before. As a fellow actor, I’m envious of many aspects [of her talent], and she’s a partner that gives me a lot of motivation.”

He went on to add, “While working together with her on the filming set, I’m having a lot of fun watching Jeon Yeo Bin’s acting in person. I think viewers can safely look forward to her charms as well.”

Meanwhile, Jeon Yeo Bin commented, “Song Joong Ki is someone who is really well-suited to the role of Vincenzo. I was able to trust him right away while acting together. Cha Young is a character who continually pushes other people’s buttons, and he helped me to express [the character] in even more ways.”

Expressing confidence in their chemistry, she continued, “The qualities that Cha Young lacks can be found in Vincenzo, while the qualities that Vincenzo lacks can be found in Cha Young. Because of that, as time passes and the two gradually influence one another more and more, their chemistry will shine through even more.”

tvN also released a striking new poster of its two leads that dramatically teases, “Not a negotiation, but a warning. Evil punished through evil.”

Vincenzo1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455019wpp/song-joong-ki-and-jeon-yeo-bin-dish-on-their-chemistry-in-vincenzo-and-praise-each-others-acting

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1