[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

40 minutes ago, taekwang said:

I love that place by the sea the couple SH and JK went to. It's beautiful. That bridge with glass floor, and a portal with a giant swing. just awesome. anyone knows what is the name of the place they visited?

I think it’s this one

https://korea.stripes.com/travel/seolri-skywalk-opens-mijo-myeon-namhae

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@nrllee

Team Jacob but that's beside the point ha-ha!:tounge_wink: In ep. 15 preview, Cho Rong is seen cajoling Seo Joon to come clean with his feelings for Ju Gyung as he held back for 2 years.:flushed:Doesn't beat Jung Hae In from A Piece of Your Mind who had a one-sided crush for 10 years.:scream: :joy:

Right now it's a lot to pack in just 2 ep. As is the case in most K-Dramas, they always do the time jump and rush everything.:unamused: Well they already did the time jump as Seo Joon picks up a drunk Ju Gyung 2 years later. Out of respect to Su Ho & for Ju Gyung's sake, I think he'd be heartbroken the same as Han Ji Pyeong of "Start Up" which sucks either way LoL. Are men from the Han clan doomed or what LoL?!!?

Yes to JHI from APOYM (I am still salty they cut that short and ruined the whole flow of the story in the end).  Wae?  It was beautiful?  

I am guessing they don’t date.  I am told that’s the route the webtoon took.  That SH went away and JK dated SJ in the meantime.  Like you said, there’s not much time for that?  There’s only enough time for SH and JK to get back together again.  He probably does the whole noble idiocy thing and they get together again at the end.  But yeah that time jump was...so sudden... are we to assume that SH stayed with his dad in the States all that time? 

• Like 1

Yeah the place they went for date was so beautiful.  i think they released the bts for ep.14 too

But that swing is so scary.  Even CEW was afraid of that glass floor but MGY was so cool on that swing.  Wow!!!

6HuT5fU.gif

UlzHhyZ.gif

Spoiler

rBZ3QuE.gif

5EVtj5U.gif

GjOfLf5.jpg

sqy9e5R.gif

cr:dc gall

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@nrllee

Likewise. I was sad when it ("A Piece of Your Mind") was abruptly cut short. Ratings is indeed everything. That one was a gem~

Yup Su Ho cared for his dad those entire 2 years. It's (this part) almost the same as the webtoon here, only it takes place in Japan. In drama it's US. Seo Joon did date Ju Gyung but she was forced by his agency to break up as he was getting to be a very popular idol (this was in the webtoon) Su Ho returns from Japan but keeps a distance from Ju Gyung although he has feelings for her (it's like reversed from Seo Joon ha-ha) 

In ep. 15 preview, Seo Joon is overheard saying he wants Ju Gyung to know his true feelings. Later when Su Ho reunites with Ju Gyung she tells him she doesn't miss/want to see him. So it's anyone's guess LoL.   

• Like 5

I don't think Suho and JuGyeong broke up in epi 15. Based on the translations of the preview, SuHo just said "Don't wait up for my calls and sleep well", due to time difference. I think it's just the editors playing with our minds wanting us to think that they broke up! *fingers crossed*

Ditto to SuHo being a great boyfriend, he definitely only live in dramas and webtoons. No perfect man like this exist in real life, sigh! 

So I read that the text preview is out from one of the chinese sites and it roughly translates as:

SH and JK part with sadness. JK finally realised that the small boy in the comic bookstore was SH all along, and feels even more sad. In the meantime, time passes by.... 

JK is now a university student who is interning with Selena, her idol. 

On the otherhand, SJ confesses his feeling to JK and leaves JK panicked and shocked. JK is then reunited with SH at a special place like destiny.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, nuttyz said:

I don't think Suho and JuGyeong broke up in epi 15. Based on the translations of the preview, SuHo just said "Don't wait up for my calls and sleep well", due to time difference. I think it's just the editors playing with our minds wanting us to think that they broke up! *fingers crossed*

Ditto to SuHo being a great boyfriend, he definitely only live in dramas and webtoons. No perfect man like this exist in real life, sigh! 

So I read that the text preview is out from one of the chinese sites and it roughly translates as:

SH and JK part with sadness. JK finally realised that the small boy in the comic bookstore was SH all along, and feels even more sad. In the meantime, time passes by.... 

JK is now a university student who is interning with Selena, her idol. 

On the otherhand, SJ confesses his feeling to JK and leaves JK panicked and shocked. JK is then reunited with SH at a special place like destiny.. 

@nuttyzWow.. thanks for the text preview. Is it legit?

I've seen some text previews and it really happens in the drama. So I hope this one is also true so I can sleep tight until the final episodes.

One thing I really like this drama, the production team really highlighted all the actors and actresses by giving them chance to shine. Not many drama give chance for main lead or second lead to do OST for their own drama (maybe I don't know much). They even promoting two another couple, teacher and sister, brother and Seo Jun sister in their tvn youtube and social media. 

• Like 4

I read somewhere that the author of the webtoon will not confirm who JK ends up with on the drama but that she has already chosen who she ends up with from the beginning of the webtoon. She encourages people to read the webtoon to find out. 

Does this mean that the drama will have a hanging ending? I don't think m y heart can stand it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, airasara said:

@nuttyzWow.. thanks for the text preview. Is it legit?

I've seen some text previews and it really happens in the drama. So I hope this one is also true so I can sleep tight until the final episodes.

@airasara I think the text preview is legit. I saw this on dramamilk too. Where did they find the text preview from though? 

TEXT PREVIEW

Ju-kyung and Suho had to separate.

Ju-kyung realized after separating that the little kid she met in the comic shop was Suho. That makes her feelings even more hurt.

Time passes…

Ju-kyung becomes a college student and is an intern at Selena’s shop who she looked up to.

Meanwhile, Seo-joon angrily confesses all his old buried feelings to Ju-kyung.

Ju-kyung is surprised and confused with Seo-joon’s unexpected confession. 

Ju-kyung sees Suho in a special place like it is fate…

cr: https://www.dramamilk.com/preview-true-beauty-ep-15-spoilers-release-date/

@piluche It looks like we get to find out what SH wrote on the wall at Prince Comics in the next episode! So apparently from the text preview it makes JK more sad?! Now I’m even more curious! :blink:

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Does this mean that the drama will have a hanging ending? I don't think m y heart can stand it!

I don’t think so, since the drama only followed the storyline of the webtoon loosely. I still think SH and JK will end up together. Though I’ll hate a hanging ending too. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

For the 2 second leads (both SJ for short), theirs is a story of 2 different approaches to a similar problem.  SeoJun fought fair.  His was the better approach.  When you choose doing “right”, more often than not, it does not lead to “happiness”.  But it does lead to a “clear conscience” and a “better self” which leaves a path open for continued relationship past the unrequited love.  SooJin’s chosen self destructive path results in many broken relationships, some of which will never be repaired without a lot of effort (probably therapy).  JK has a big heart.  She’s always had one.  The flashback epilogue in Ep13 where she had just been rebuffed by the 3 snooty girls who were carrying their violins?  She was upset and sad but she still found it in her heart to comfort a crying SuHo in the comic book store.  She did it again when they met on the rooftop after SuHo “saved” her.  She reached out to him with her words from the taxi.  She responds to hate directed at her with kindness and empathy.  She doesn’t become bitter.  It’s a rare thing and praise worthy. :)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, starrynic said:

@airasara I think the text preview is legit. I saw this on dramamilk too. Where did they find the text preview from though? 

TEXT PREVIEW

Ju-kyung and Suho had to separate.

Ju-kyung realized after separating that the little kid she met in the comic shop was Suho. That makes her feelings even more hurt.

Time passes…

Ju-kyung becomes a college student and is an intern at Selena’s shop who she looked up to.

Meanwhile, Seo-joon angrily confesses all his old buried feelings to Ju-kyung.

Ju-kyung is surprised and confused with Seo-joon’s unexpected confession. 

Ju-kyung sees Suho in a special place like it is fate…

cr: https://www.dramamilk.com/preview-true-beauty-ep-15-spoilers-release-date/

@piluche It looks like we get to find out what SH wrote on the wall at Prince Comics in the next episode! So apparently from the text preview it makes JK more sad?! Now I’m even more curious! :blink:

I don’t think so, since the drama only followed the storyline of the webtoon loosely. I still think SH and JK will end up together. Though I’ll hate a hanging ending too. 

@starrynic thank you for the article! the production team usually teases us with two previews: video preview and text preview. For the text previews sometimes people try to troll us by making the fake one. But I think this one is true.

My question is, how Suho and Junkyung meet up at that special place? Is it unintentionally or setted up by their friends? I prefer to believe the later one. Because it will be weired if they meet up unintentionally but danggg.. Suho appears and say "I'm missing you" lol.

I've skipped 4 episodes because I was busy and read the spoilers. Do I watch it or not?

That's because I am not liking all the spoilers I am reading from those of you who read the webtoon.

Honest question. I have 7 ep of 1 drama to catch up on. And 4 and 12 episodes of another 2 dramas I want to start. Currently following 3 dramas besides this

Can confirm that the text preview that @starrynic posted about is legit. It’s a translation of the text preview from tvN website about episode 15!

i think it’s awesome that Jugyeong is an intern at Selena’s shop! Also it looks like Seojun confesses to Jugyeong after all of these years... Finally we all know that Suho is going to come back and him and Jugyeong will be reunited

• Like 4

Awwwww....lets not confuse the drama and the webtoon. Let’s just pretend this is a whole new story itself so we don’t get confused. With two episodes left, I’m sure all the stories will start to wrap up as well as seeing our characters grow up. I do wish for a good ending instead of an open ending but who knows what the writers will do. As in all fantasy dramas, it’s always the OTP that ends up together so I’m pretty sure SH and JK will be together. 

• Like 3

There is a reason why they are called the 2nd lead. They don't get the girl. Bar 1 or 2 rare dramas.

The male lead can be seen as the 2nd lead for a few episodes but by ep 8 they are or will become the male lead.

Yes. I don't know why people who watch adaptations think its the same. Its never is but mostly the webtoon or manhwa have more chapters and are more confusing. I am a person who dislikes spoilers so when its hidden by a tag warning webtoon spoilers I avoid it.

Where else a 16 episode Kdrama is always confession by 1 person by ep 8. Then both by ep 10-12. Break up ep 13-14. Then reunion ep 15 ( sometimes) but mostly time jump ep 16. The worst are the last 5 min OTP meeting in ep 16 dramas. The absolute worst.

But that's why I sometimes like marathoning ep 11- bypassing the break up weeks- to 16 in one hit. Like now.

I disliked the discussions about Japan vs US and the 2 year time jump. Or her dating SJ. I don't recall those being in spoilers that's why I read them before I could stop myself. 

Who knows? I signed on for a high school drama. I didn't realise they would have such a huge time jump. High school dramas always have nice open ended ending. Ok. Optimistic open ended ending. Which I am fine with since they are in high school.

I do like MGY a lot which is why I am watching. I don't care that much for both male leads. To even bother shipping either. Just that the male lead signed on as the male lead so I went with it for the romance.

• LOL 2