[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

7 hours ago, agenth said:

That's just the overly biased look of people, when it comes down to "Teams". 

Really, I think Suho tried to express his feelings, but he didn't do it well. He should have said these things without immediately getting upset, trying to tell her. In reality, he can't make the ultimatum. But also Jukyeong is still on the naive side, not noticing anything. There are many communication errors between the couple.

And tbh I hope the two boys can work it out, now when the truth will be revealed regarding Suho's role in the suicide. At least Seojun stopped shouting "you murderer!" at suho a couple of episodes back. 

You're right! Those are things that can make our leads growth as a person. Based on the preview for ep.11,  it seems that Jungkyung and Suho are getting back together. They might be more opened and strong, so the focus of the drama may go to the bullies and sujin.

27 minutes ago, lilybp said:

I am on tik tok and many people there are team seo jun and dragging suho and even cha eun woo, some of them have a theory that drama writers switched up scenes in drama to make seo jun endgame but if that happens i would consider that a failure and sloppy writing bc in 10 ep and ep 11 preview we didnt see even once that she sees seo jun as anything else then friend or even older brother. I feel that writers would pull up seo jun relationship till the end but doesnt make sense if she stays or even be with him in drama.

i hope they would not drag out lobe triangle thing till the end like start up bc that lowers drama quality to me...

I think that's only their baseless argument since they want Jungkyung with Seojun. They even want TB to have season two, expect Suho to go study abroad in a hope there will be jungkyung suho moment (or be together) lol. I dont know if they missed something, but Suho and Jungkyung has been drawn as the only couple with mutual romantic feelings since the beginning of the drama. You may check the relationship chart. 

Even though the production team will use the plot Suho going abroad, I dont think it will make a big difference in Jk x suho relationship. Their back story has been developed really well and strong in these past 10 episodes. having an open ending might be more possible tho, since the webtoon hasn't ended yet. But it will be such a mess if they suddenly change the premise that they have already built.

Some people in tiktok are just creating argument only based on previews, cut videos, webtoon, or other things but not the drama. That's why, I often feel that I watch a different drama with them. Lol.

Because if we trully enjoy the drama without comparing the story to the webtoon, we'll understand where the story goes and We'll have more symphathy with the main characters.

And yeah, I feel bad cos the actor is dragged as well to such situation. They blame the actor for everything happen to the drama and praise 2nd lead for making them keep watching the dramaaa lol. this is what I mean that those "team"ing doesnt make sense. They are not watching the drama, they are just looking something to drag down the drama because it doesnt go as they pelased.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, airasara said:

You're right! Those are things that can make our leads growth as a person. Based on the preview for ep.11,  it seems that Jungkyung and Suho are getting back together. They might be more opened and strong, so the focus of the drama may go to the bullies and sujin.

I think that's only their baseless argument since they want Jungkyung with Seojun. They even want TB to have season two, expect Suho to go study abroad in a hope there will be jungkyung suho moment (or be together) lol. I dont know if they missed something, but Suho and Jungkyung has been drawn as the only couple with mutual romantic feelings since the beginning of the drama. You may check the relationship chart. 

Even though the production team will use the plot Suho going abroad, I dont think it will make a big difference in Jk x suho relationship. Their back story has been developed really well and strong in these past 10 episodes. having an open ending might be more possible tho, since the webtoon hasn't ended yet. But it will be such a mess if they suddenly change the premise that they have already built.

Some people in tiktok are just creating argument only based on previews, cut videos, webtoon, or other things but not the drama. That's why, I often feel that I watch a different drama with them. Lol.

Because if we trully enjoy the drama without comparing the story to the webtoon, we'll understand where the story goes and We'll have more symphathy with the main characters.

And yeah, I feel bad cos the actor is dragged as well to such situation. They blame the actor for everything happen to the drama and praise 2nd lead for making them keep watching the dramaaa lol. this is what I mean that those "team"ing doesnt make sense. They are not watching the drama, they are just looking something to drag down the drama because it doesnt go as they pelased.

they dragging cha eun woo that only plays same roles and clearly hasnt wached hit the top or rookie historian, i love hwang in yeop but to be fair he is only played role of high school kids

and on tik tok they be like seo jun carried the drama, okay he is great but in korea people mainly watching bc of eun woo, hes always trending on naver

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Right, agree with you all....some people are just so focus on Seo Jun and his story that they want him to end up with JK even though she made it very clear to him that she likes only Su Ho. I understand if Su Ho was a jerk the whole time but he actually isn’t, he’s been there for her and he does things for her. So I don’t really get the whole team Seo Jun cause there really isn’t any chance for him, she already friend zone him and Su Ho likes her in return too. We already have a relationship development between the two by now so no use dragging the love story. I understand the webtoon might be different so I only watch this drama with a clear perspective, not comparing the two. Some are upset the drama is taking on a different route then the webtoon. 

#teamSuho# and I’m not being bias because it’s Cha Eun Woo. 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, starrynic said:

Though I’m wondering, if SH makes up with JK and reconciles his friendship with SJ both in episode 11 that still leaves us 5 more episodes, how is the storyline gonna continue? I need more sweet moments of our OTP! 

I think we still need to dive into JG insecurity and how she become more confident in herself and in her own skin. So even though JG and SH have made up there is still more to tell. :) 

It is more international audience that is mussing about SJ. As I understand Korean audience is in most part very into SH-JG couple. I think this show in the rating as they got highest rating when they confessed and become a couple. It is sad when people can not follow the story but get so hung up in the love triangle. I mean by now there is more than just a love triangle but also a story about characters with their own trauma and pain. 

• Love 2

12 minutes ago, sal2 said:

I think we still need to dive into JG insecurity and how she become more confident in herself and in her own skin. So even though JG and SH have made up there is still more to tell. :) 

It is more international audience that is mussing about SJ. As I understand Korean audience is in most part very into SH-JG couple. I think this show in the rating as they got highest rating when they confessed and become a couple. It is sad when people can not follow the story, but get so. hung up in the love triangle. I mean by now there is more than just a love triangle but also a story about characters with their own trauma and pan. 

@sal2 Hi chingu! You were in the Dinner Mate forum too right? Please correct me if I’m wrong. :)

Oh I definitely hope so! I hope SH will be the one to help JK face her insecurities! :wub: I can’t wait to watch more scenes of the cute couple. I also hope when the boys reconcile their friendship, SJ should be the better man and give both SH and JK his blessings. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, lilybp said:

they dragging cha eun woo that only plays same roles and clearly hasnt wached hit the top or rookie historian, i love hwang in yeop but to be fair he is only played role of high school kids

and on tik tok they be like seo jun carried the drama, okay he is great but in korea people mainly watching bc of eun woo, hes always trending on naver

He’s just starting out as an actor, most of the time they usually play similar roles until they are older and start branching out. Not much to do right now in the middle of a pandemic anyway as production is probably limited and less variation on locations. I’m sure we will see more of him in other roles as he continue his career. So far he’s doing a great job. As for who is carrying the show, I would have to say it’s more JK because she has to display a lot of different expressions and emotions. I don’t see Seo Jun carrying the show, he is the same snarky bad boy who just can’t leave Su Ho alone. I honestly don’t get his character either, I think the writers need to develope his character more. Right now he’s that annoying third wheel in the love triangle they can’t shake it off. I want them to deepen his story with Su Ho and show us why he’s so upset enough to give up his friendship. Right now Su Ho is just playing in the background helping people 1) paying for Seo Jun’s mom’s medical treatment 2) helping Su Jin 3) helping JK so I don’t really get it with all the hate towards him plus he has to deal with his dad, his trauma over his friend’s suicide, and a girlfriend who just doesn’t get it. 

• Love 2

35 minutes ago, piluche said:

Right now Su Ho is just playing in the background helping people 1) paying for Seo Jun’s mom’s medical treatment 2) helping Su Jin 3) helping JK so I don’t really get it with all the hate towards him plus he has to deal with his dad, his trauma over his friend’s suicide, and a girlfriend who just doesn’t get it. 

@piluche Totally and wholeheartedly agree with what you said. And can I just reiterate how truly heartbroken I was for Su Ho during that car accident scene. It’s way way too much for him to bear. :tears:

• Love 2

Jumping on the thread for this drama a bit late as we have 6 episodes left, but I gotta voice my opinions for the drama so far! I was a semi-silent reader of this thread (meaning I’d be on and off)

First off, I agree with you guys about the whole #TeamSeoJoon and #TeamSuho debate being pointless and useless.. At this point I just want to see character development happen and the main leads

Second, people saying Suho being possessive and stuff is starting to upset me too. Like seriously, Suho hasn’t really done something so bad that he should be called being possessive. As others have mentioned in this thread, have they forgotten about how broken SH is with trauma and also all the amazing and sweet things he has done for Jugyeong? Seojun is pretty bad on his part too when he KNOWS that SH and JK are dating.. I mean it’s kinda understandable that SH would get upset about all the things about SJ especially since they aren’t in good terms..

At the same time, I understand how JK feels with Soohi and Soojin too, because Soojin is 100 percent messing with JK feelings!! SH isn’t even interested a tiny bit with Soojin and is in the dark with everything that Jukyeong fees and experiences, which leads to me saying this.. MISUNDERSTANDINGS and MISCOMMUNICATION. These two being the reason why Jukyeong and Sooho are going through all of this..

Also I want to speak about SH a bit, like the boy never received any parental love (that scene with Sooho and JK’s dad? :cries: My heart breaks for SH because he never got to experience any of that growing up) and has trauma + blaming himself because his best friend committed suicide. He’s just such a broken person, but JK is his light and breaking through that brokenness. That ending of episode 10 though, ugh really gets to me (aside from him flying haha). It’s like he wanted to let go of everything in that moment and just the emptiness on his face.. I can’t wait to see SH break down in front of his father (and JK and Seojun to witness this) and I hope this really leads to his healing...

• Love 2

Replying to All the posts above cos i don't know which post to quote.

My 2 cents on why everyone is so bias when it comes to "teams" especially with Seojun. These people come from reading the webtoon and the story there is obviously different. Seojun gets the girl (at least at the beginning). These people then watch the drama with the same expectation, but sadly, that did not happen and they start screaming "that's not fair!" and starts lamenting on drama seojun's plight. Webtoon seojun isn't as annoying. He at least treats JK respectfully (although he did ask suho to die :lol:)

At the end of the day, If you are team seojun , just read the webtoon. If you are team suho, watch the drama. If you aren't in any team like me, watch the drama anyways cos it's darn good. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

To be honest, having a high expectation for watching this drama is not necessary as this is just purely a fairy tale like comical love story in high school. Watching it with a high entertaining mood would be better rather than too critically analyse their triangle love relationship. I am ok with this type of puppy love for high school kids as my mood for watching this is purely for fun and entertaining.:D

For fairy tale ending for this drama, the FL will usually go with first ML ;

For realistic ending, three of them still have a long journey to go through after graduated, as they will enter into another phase of their life journey.

As a mature adult, I only have one wish for this ending, I wish the three of them become good friends and they become successful in their chosen career if there is a time jump at the end (Eg. Ju-Kyung becomes a famous artist makeup and turns up popular in youtube, Seo-Joon becomes a famous singer, Soo-Ho becomes a national baseball player or something else advance in his career, etc....) - open ending is fine with me as long as it has to be a positive and encouraging ending. :)

True beauty is born through our actions and aspirations and in the kindness we offer to others. I'm firmly convinced that true beauty comes from the acceptance of oneself, from an awareness of who we really are. Self confidence can build through years and thus I wish the drama writer can carry out a meaningful and take away message at the end, so as to synchronize with the drama title. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

@valentina72 Omg has it been that long?! Good to see you! I’ve been on and off of soompi forums as well :)

@lebeaucouple Well said! I really want SH and Seojun to be good friends again! Even though SJ is taking his anger out on SH, we can see that SH still cares for SJ and thinks of him as a friend. Tbh I think he is just longing for his friend back..

Also this Korean drama is an embodiment of cheesiness! So many cheesy scenes, I paused the drama so many times for EACH episode because of how cheesy some scenes were haha.. I still really love this drama though

• Like 4

So far we have been seeing Su Ho being the giving one, helping JK, bearing in mind what she likes, taking her to see Selena on their first date, even helping her dad. I wonder if we will see JK being sweet to Su Ho? Which reminds me of how she baked cookies for her crush (I don’t remember his name lol) in episode 1. I want to see more lovey dovey scenes please.....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, starrynic said:

Why are they still trying to hide their relationship though :sweat: can’t wait for the next episode!!

I know right....just let it out. Less miscommunications and headaches...I hope they don’t drag this long like the love triangles 

• Like 4

What a good episode! We've reached the climax of the series i guess. We already know more about SY's suicide. 

The preview looks scary

Spoiler
  1. JK becomes a model of their class or school. 
  2. I think the class finds out JK's bare-faced picture.  Looks like "someone" (KSJ!) posted the kissing picture of SH and JK. SA "confront" JK about it.
  3. I think the bully knew IJK the goddess is the same with IJK they used to bully
  4. SH told SJ that JK is his girlfriend. 

Looking forward on what karma will do with those bullies :D

• Like 3