[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

6 minutes ago, starrynic said:

@pilucheI’d hate that kinda ending! Please, no!!! I also want to see more lovey dovey couple moments of our OTP!! Lee Su Ho truly is the best bf ever :wub:

I know right, I hate those kind of endings. I know the webtoon is not finished yet but I want this drama to end good and not have an open ending since I don’t really see any purpose to have a season 2. The whole point is her insecurities and overcoming it...which I hope is wrapped up by the end of the drama. I do not want them to drag this love triangle onto a season 2. There is no chance of SJ and JK being together! She has no feelings for him anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

One point that knetizens made about Seojun confessing is that he is doing this to get over his feelings officially, so maybe that’s the reason why Seojun wants to? I feel like Suho will misunderstand though and that’ll cause some jealous/issues...

I’m REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping that the preview is trying to mess with us and Suho and Jugyeong aren’t going to officially break up. Deep down I feel like they are going to break up and we’re going to get an ending where they reunite and find their love for each other again, BUT I AM CROSSING MY FINGERS... The preview for episode 14 makes me upset with where the writer is gonna go with the rest of the episode.. :cries:

• Like 3

i give up on this drama loosing my nerves bc of sloppy writing, they could do so many things and they drag the RickRoll'D out of non existent love triangle and make suho break up with her?

i cant, im out, cant handle sloppy writing, just gonna watch mr queen, at least is funny and good writen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, baelily said:

i give up on this drama loosing my nerves bc of sloppy writing, they could do so many things and they drag the RickRoll'D out of non existent love triangle and make suho break up with her?

i cant, im out, cant handle sloppy writing, just gonna watch mr queen, at least is funny and good writen

Awww...don’t lose hope yet. I’m sure the writers are team SH too but they got to fill these last three episodes. I wish they won’t drag out the love triangle for so long and focus on the other characters development too. We are nearing the end and we haven’t seen character development for the father, mother, little brother relationship, and anything moving in the older sister-teacher relationship too. Why introduce their stories and then don’t develop it?!!!! 

Did you guys see the airplane so empty? Maybe SH might run back out at the last minute....that happens in other dramas too. Lol. 

• LOL 1

I think this is the reason why Knetz were disliking the idea of True Beauty to be a drama. It barely has a nice plot. But for me, drama version is still much better than the webtoon. And I don't think having a second season is a good idea. 

so, despite I'm a bit sad and worried looking at the preview of episode 14, I try to believe that this is what the scriptwriter intention to make the relationship between Suho and Junkyung stronger.

And you know what, time jump is something that has been predicted, because we need to see their relationship growth as adults right lol 

in my opinion, Seojun - Junkyung needs a resolution about their relationship. He needs to confess about his feelings towards her, and Junkyung needs to officially reject him to build the real status between them as friends. and.... do you guys remember the cameo that will appear in episode 15/16? I tend to think he could be a man who is close to Junkyung while Suho is away.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@baelily

I understand your frustrations but what I think Seo Joon is hoping to accomplish with the confession is - closure perhaps? He just wants no regrets, that's all (shrugs) Hey at least he doesn't play dirty like Soo Jin. She practically almost ruined Ju Gyung's life. 

Though it was also what Ju Gyung needed to gain that confidence to stand up against her bullies. I really don't see a need for another season LoL. 

Seo Joon deserves to be with someone who loves him back. I would like it if he stayed friends with Ju Gyung as they're both very funny together. 

• Love 1

Does anybody know what song they were playing at the end of episode 13 when Su Ho gave Ju Gyeong a kiss on her forehead? Some lyrics along the the line of “love so fine”? May I also just say how much I loved that scene, and how Su Ho drew Ju Gyeong into his arms and hugged her oh so tenderly....:fullofhearts:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, starrynic said:

Does anybody know what song they were playing at the end of episode 13 when Su Ho gave Ju Gyeong a kiss on her forehead? Some lyrics along the the line of “love so fine”? May I also just say how much I loved that scene, and how Su Ho drew Ju Gyeong into his arms and hugged her oh so tenderly....:fullofhearts:

I don't know about the title. but it is sung by Cha Eun Woo, and may be released next week?

edit: so I just find this, the title is "Love So Fine" by Cha Eun Woo.

https://twitter.com/kdramaaticons/status/1354547037837004800?s=19

oh, anyone knows in ep. 13 when SeoJun tries to help his sister from being bullied by her friends, there's this one girl among the bullies who catches my attention. I feel like this girl might end up with Soujun? the way that scene was shoot makes me think that there must be continuity between Seojun and this girl lol.

Well.... I just wish a happy ending for all of them I Love You Smile GIF by corgiyolk

Spoiler

ps: I find somewhere on twitter that they have a poll about blue ray DVD of True Beauty. Can you imagine if the ending is disappointing? (for example, Suho and Junkyung not end up together). If that happens, I think no one will be interested buying the blue ray lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since this is more of a fantasy drama, most likely JK and SH will end up together, the problem is how they will get there since there seems to be a lot of things yet to happen in the next couple of episodes. It makes no sense for them to build up this relationship and then blam, have them break up to end up with other people. Very unlikely ....

I feel bad for SH, he really likes JK a lot and she seems to be the one thing he can hold on but she is so clueless to the things around her so she kept pushing him farther away by her actions. Maybe SJ’s confession couple with a misunderstanding in tomorrow’s episode will be the last straw for him to let her go and start new again with his dad. Like all we see is him chasing after her and protecting her. 

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, piluche said:

I feel bad for SH, he really likes JK a lot and she seems to be the one thing he can hold on but she is so clueless to the things around her so she kept pushing him farther away by her actions. Maybe SJ’s confession couple with a misunderstanding in tomorrow’s episode will be the last straw for him to let her go and start new again with his dad. Like all we see is him chasing after her and protecting her. 

@pilucheI know. I feel so bad for SH too. He has done nothing but stand by her and love her. But I think JK’s issues with her own low self esteem are bigger than anything in her life now, Su Ho included. That’s why she kept pushing him away, didn’t even stop to think of him at all during the time she was avoiding everyone. Poor SH. :tears: He’s not first place in her heart. 

I seriously really hate the “being selfless” trope I think they are going to pull on SH in the following episode. I feel like they will make SH be the selfless one and “give up” his own happiness because he “thinks” JK will be better off with SJ. SIGH SIGH SIGH 

aww drama keep being strong & nice. Suho is being the best bf. I am happy during Wednesday& Thursday becoz i can watch this gem. Seo Jun needs to confess and get closure i think. That might fuel Suho's jealousiness. But i hope they wont separate over such small things. By now Suho should laugh over this small issue. Hoping for one last nice kiss scene to their perfect ending. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Moon Ga Young And Cha Eun Woo Are A Picture-Perfect Couple During Seaside Date In “True Beauty”

Moon Ga Young and Cha Eun Woo are happily in love in tvN’s “True Beauty”!

Based on a hit webtoon, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about Lim Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young), who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks. After she meets Lee Su Ho (ASTRO‘s Cha Eun Woo), a popular student who has his own emotional wounds, they share each other’s secrets and learn to heal through love.

Spoiler

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Lim Ju Gyeong overcame her trauma about her appearance. When she went into a panic after a photo of her bare face was leaked, Lee Su Ho tried to cheer her up by acting cute and gave her courage with the words, “You’re a stronger person than you think.” At this, Lim Ju Gyeong went to school without any makeup on and went public about her relationship with Lee Su Ho. Near the end of the episode, Lee Su Ho kissed Lim Ju Gyeong on the forehead in front of everyone, signaling the beginning of their public relationship.

Ahead of the next episode, “True Beauty” revealed stills of the couple enjoying a date at the beach. They snap a photo together with the glimmering sea as their background, and they hold hands as they happily walk along the beach wearing wide smiles. The affection in their eyes as they look at one another makes even the viewers’ hearts flutter.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

credit to Soompi

Share the news here since these pictures are beautiful In Love Cartoon GIF by Space Jam

• Like 2

Omg.... the ending of episode 14 makes me sad... Inside Out Reaction GIF

Dont know what will happen with the next episode, still hoping for a happy ending for Suho and Jungkyung. Other than that, I hate the idea if the drama follow the webtoon route, where Seojun and Junkyung date while Suho away... nooo... Seojun, you know your bestfriend love her so much, no matter what it is, please dont cross the line!

Anyway.... besides that sad preview of ep. 15, one thing that makes me happy from the preview is that adult Suho looks so handsome and hotter... so there are more reasons to watch next episode even though my heart hurts Sad Cartoon GIF

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ugh, I hope SJ and JK doesn’t date like in the webtoon. It would be so awkward if SH comes back and find out they dated. Their friendship will take on an ugly turn and there just isn’t enough episodes to fix it. So I really hope she waited for him while he was gone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Su Ho leaves to care for his sick dad after all.. Seo Joon will probably get to live out Se Yeon's wish of seeing him as a singer. 

They finally caught Columbus Park! Nice to see the entire Im family accepting teacher Han as their own. Mom's already calling him "son in law" LoL! 

Soo Jin (sigh) I hope she'd come around that there's hope for her to redeem herself~ Ju Gyung look pretty with wavy hair. Oh my heart at the way Seo Joon smiled at drunk Ju Gyung in end scene of ep. 14.

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Su Ho leaves to care for his sick dad after all.. Seo Joon will probably get to live out Se Yeon's wish of seeing him as a singer. 

They finally caught Columbus Park! Nice to see the entire Im family accepting teacher Han as their own. Mom's already calling him "son in law" LoL! 

Soo Jin (sigh) I hope she'd come around that there's hope for her to redeem herself~ Ju Gyung look pretty with wavy hair. Oh my heart at the way Seo Joon smiled at drunk Ju Gyung in end scene of ep. 14.

I wish the writers didn’t make SJ out to be this pathetic second lead guy you know. He’s a good guy, he deserves to be with someone too. It sucks that they drag the love triangle out so long and then going to have him hanging around her for 2 years...probably just to see her go back to SH. We all know JK doesn’t like him that way so there is no point having him hang on to hopes to be with her when there is none what so ever. And should they have the two date, he’s probably the rebound guy for her. They should have developed his character more instead of just have him be this guy who is in love with her yet can’t get her...like basically that’s his story...

@piluche

That's kind of the downside of second male leads though LoL? Throughout every K-Drama, a second male lead is just another character to add tension to the otp. These days, they're more proactive, sweeter. There've been toxic second male leads too i.e. Baek Kyung of Extraordinary You & Choi Won Do of The Heirs to name a few. 

For me, the appeal of second male leads is they offer perspective, like a different kind of ice cream flavor that's my understanding eheheh. Also most of it depends on the actor who plays the role. 

In this Hwang In Yeop is killing it & is just mesmerising to watch. The number of followers in his Instagram is insane! That's proof enough of his performance. 

This is random and ot. I can't help but see parallels to Twilight LoL. Ju Gyung is as clumsy as Bella. Su Ho is aloof like Edward while Seo Joon does have that unpredictability that Jacob has.. When Su Ho left in end of ep. 14, leaving Ju Gyung in Seo Joon's care isn't that what happened in New Moon as well ha-ha? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3