[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Yes very sure not only in waikiki, at school 2017, Time and CLOY he always eat and write with his left hand.

38 minutes ago, aisling said:

Are you sure? I don’t think he used his left hand as a dominant hand in Mr Queen? Maybe you confused it with his character from Welcome to Waikiki? Kang Dong Gu (his character in there) was indeed left handed but the king always wrote with his right hand if I remember it correctly.

Yes very sure not only in waikiki, at school 2017, Time and CLOY he always eat and write with his left hand.

Edited just now by 김진주

Edited by 김진주
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 김진주 said:

Yes very sure not only in waikiki, at school 2017, Time and CLOY he always eat and write with his left hand.

Yes very sure not only in waikiki, at school 2017, Time and CLOY he always eat and write with his left hand.

Edited just now by 김진주

I think the role of Cheoljong requires him to use a right hand. He’s the king in Joseon era after all. Don’t Korean or Asian people generally think it’s proper to use a right hand? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, aisling said:

I think the role of Cheoljong requires him to use a right hand. He’s the king in Joseon era after all. Don’t Korean or Asian people generally think it’s proper to use a right hand? 

perhaps, I am a left hand and so nice to know an actor left handy also. And in this drama he has to use right hand for the sword which need an extra force. woaahhh speechless. Bravo Cheoljongi...

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, 김진주 said:

perhaps, I am a left hand and so nice to know an actor left handy also. And in this drama he has to use right hand for the sword which need an extra force. woaahhh speechless. Bravo Cheoljongi...

Yes, you’re right! He’s most certainly left-handed in real life but seeing how he executes flawlessly all right-handed tasks  makes me admire him even more! He’s truly immersed in his characters. Even in this fight he holds a “weapon” with his right hand.

SK1T1XL.jpg

I’m actually a cross-dominant person myself. I write with my right hand but I do everything else with my left hand! For example I can’t hold chopsticks or knife with my right hand, I’m so clumsy when I try to do something with my right hand, but when I write I can only write with my right hand. I don’t know if it’s common or not.

• Like 3

Hwa Jin (actress Seol In Ah) is funny in real life:lol:

I also love the director Hong (actor Lee Jae Won) playful comment hahaha

credit to the owner

Spoiler

I like her in the drama with Kim Jae Young:D

https://mydramalist.com/38355-beautiful-love-wonderful-life

That's why even I'm hoping for the less scene between Hwa Jin and the king here since I want more scene between the royal couple, I couldn't hate Hwa Jin character in this drama. She is cute haha

I will watch if Seol In Ah and Kim Jung Hyun act together in another drama as the main couple in the future haha.

credit to the owner

I can't with the funny misunderstanding between the royal couple for this scene LOLOL:lol:

Credit to Madam Cheetah on Youtube's comment.

[TRANS RECAP]

The Queen wonders if she should send a Katalk to her concubines? Hmm, what would be good to send? Maybe I should start simply, not too complicated.

Ah! She picks up the paint brush and starts to write a super simple message. She folds it and gives it to Yeon to deliver to the concubines. She also tells her to check to see if the King is around.

The delivery men are around delivering things. They are reciting the orders "Deliver to concubines and see if the King is around!"

But they run into a eunuch and then start to recite "Deliver to the King and surveillance the Concubines!"

It looks like the orders got mixed up, so they deliver the letters to the King instead. He opens the first one, it asks, are you sleeping? He opens the second one “Are you sleeping” He opens the third one “Are you sleeping?”

He wonders, does she really wonder if he is sleeping that much? Three messages for are you sleeping?

The Queen waits up for the answer. Yeon comes in with one note. The Queen wonders why it is only one note when she sent three? She opens it and sees a super long note. She thinks this is such good writing from a good family.

King's letter:

I went out.

In a dark night, 

There was one bright spot

I thought it was the moon

But it was my friend

The Queen: This is a Cyworld feeling. (people wrote a lot of cheesy things on Cyworld. Almost like Instagram poetry).

The Queen thinks she will write something back. So she writes it, but it is very kid like. She calls Yeon and tells her this is her answer, send it back to where it came from.

Queen’s answer to King's letter is basically copying a famous poem – Sometimes I daydream and thinks I am okay dying thinking about you. You can row to me. I did not let you go.

King in his room – Oh, Queen…

The Queen thinks that she is using her SAT knowledge right now (she copied that poem from famous poems) She thinks she is going to get her man identity back with this.

They keep writing letters to each other back and forth and are happier and happier with each!

Cutest royal couple ever:wub:

credit to the owner

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

I somehow think Cheoljong won’t know it was So Bong who saved the banquet... :pensive: He won’t know she’s the cooking genius who can make delicious food from anything. He actually never saw her cooking, so he probably thinks she’s just supervising the process in the kitchen. 

That makes me even sadder. If the Royal Chef won’t tell the king (I somehow think he’s going to take the credit for saving the banquet), he won’t know because I doubt So Bong will tell him herself. Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Yes, you’re right! He’s most certainly left-handed in real life but seeing how he executes flawlessly all right-handed tasks  makes me admire him even more! He’s truly immersed in his characters. Even in this fight he holds a “weapon” with his right hand.

SK1T1XL.jpg

I’m actually a cross-dominant person myself. I write with my right hand but I do everything else with my left hand! For example I can’t hold chopsticks or knife with my right hand, I’m so clumsy when I try to do something with my right hand, but when I write I can only write with my right hand. I don’t know if it’s common or not.

wow cool so you can use both hand. I am doing fully with my left hand. Even I kicked with left foot haha. When I watched KJH in this drama and mostly with right hand, I want to know his force can use both hand especially with swords and weapon.

Edited by 김진주
  • Like 1

I'm ok with politics. Romance dramas always have something going on to make the romance interesting. Palace politics itself are plot to thicken the romance. The whole emotional tensions, conflicts, and misunderstandings that we enjoy seeing from this romance drama came from this palace politics. Kind of like Romeo and Juliet. That's romance, but we have this rivalry family thing to make the romance more interesting.

Anyway, I understand Byeong In being angry at Cheol Jong. He tried to kill So Bong after all. And So Bong told Byeong In that s/he didn't say anything because it might get worse for her. S/he didn't say s/he forgive the king to Byeong In, so as far as Byeong In knows, So Bong didn't forgive the king.

I hope So Bong later tells Byeong In that s/he forgives Cheol Jong. Byeong In will not like it, but hopefully he will accept it and move on. I'm still holding on to his personality at the beginning of drama when he said he's ok as long as So Yong is happy. 

Now, I'm kind of sad because Byeong In still thinks So Bong is So Yong, especially now that s/he even possess So Yong's traits. Unlike Cheol Jong, Byeong In definitely fell in love with So Yong. He didn't even get to spend much time with So Bong, so he hardly knows So Bong. He still thinks of the queen as So Yong who sometimes acts funny because of lake incident. I'm curious if So Bong will ever remember their kiss. I'm pretty sure if Byeong In mentions it, s/he will remember it.

Hwa Jin is out of her mind at this point. Hwa Jin seems to be only good at acting kind in front of Cheol Jong. Well, she's been doing that for 8 years, so I'm not surprised. That palace lady that saw her with the real arrow is going to come back and bite her. 

The one that sold Hwa Jin's accessory is So Bong's palace lady, right? I wonder if there is going to be misunderstanding that queen killed Hwa Jin's palace lady. But at the end, that palace lady will expose both queen dowgar/Jo clan and Kim Jwa Geun/Kim clan. 

By the way, I wonder what is the illness that Kim Jwa Geun's assassin has? I think Kim said something about it, but I can't remember. And I wonder what medicine it is. Kim Jwa Geun said that it's unfortunate that assassin has such an illness, and the assassin said that he's still alive thanks to the medicine that Kim Jwa Geun gives him.

I like So Bong's "therapy" session with the doctor where So Bong worries about confusing feeling for Cheol Jong and doctor advised the queen to "accept who you are" and So Bong seems to be somewhat accepting of that idea. The letter exchange is probably the first step to accept the feeling for Cheol Jong. When later s/he finds out that the letters were written by Cheol Jong, So Bong is more likely to accept that Cheol Jong is charming guy who can arise feelings since s/he was extremely happy during the letters exchange without knowing it was him. Of course, s/he won't likely to accept it right away, but it will be the first step, if it ever happens in this drama.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Well, there is our answer, isn’t it? She needs to accept who she is. I had this thought... IF we ever get... ehm... a hot night, it will be after So Bong accepts her identity and her feelings. It will be probably the same moment when Cheoljong finds out the truth about the well incident. Imagine both of

them being so emotional at that moment... it’d be a perfect opportunity for the writer to give us a scene to remember, wouldn’t it??? :yum:

gJRkOWd.jpg

IhP1KFF.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2

Er5XlbOW8AEGNFb?format=jpg&name=small

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” remains as popular as ever!

On January 16, the hit drama continued its winning streak of taking first place in its time slot across all channels, including public broadcast networks (no easy feat for a cable drama). According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Mr. Queen” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.5 percent and a peak of 14.5 percent.

“Mr. Queen” also remained first place in its time slot across all channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 7.1 percent and a peak of 8.3 percent.

Credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Loved the Queen's dictionary. I wonder if that might survive into the modern era, perhaps be found in a museum? Did anyone see the German film "The Lives of Others"? Remember how it ended?

I'm fine with the balance between politics and romance when viewing the show as a whole rather than discrete episodes. We did just come off 3-4 relationship-heavy episodes, and it's time to move the plot along a bit!

Speaking of which, Mr. Queen appears to be following the Western 3-act structure.

• Act 1 was about meeting all the characters and learning about life in Sobong's new world. It ended when she returned from the modern era and realized she wasn't going to solve (run away from) her problems (relationships) by jumping into a lake.
  • We're now well into Act 2, when complications arise and the protagonist has to work harder to overcome them. Externally, Sobong has to do more to assert herself at court. Internally, she is being yanked between the familiar yang and an increasingly assertive yin. She doesn't know who she is, anymore. Her relationship with and feelings for the the king are deepening, of course! In some ways her relationship with the royal chef is just as important. It shows us how her egocentric nature is changing and she is beginning to think of and act on behalf of others. (She is still in denial about all of this...)
  • If the writers adhere to the 3-act structure, we are about to reach the midpoint of Act 2, when the plot spins in a new direction and the stakes go way up (in Mulan this is when the fun training scenes are over and the Hun menace approaches). The king's hand is being forced, and he will have to show his true face. When he does, the knives come out and the happy little show with eunuchs racing food around the palace is (probably) over. Alas!
  • I suspect the second half of Act 2 will move into a palace rebellion phase. We've seen new costumes from production photos that suggest this. Sobong will have to abandon her manic pet projects and declare herself, just as the king does. This will mean facing her own feelings as well as backing her king publicly. (Doesn't it feel like she and the king are in two different shows sometimes?) She has always, man or woman, run away from her problems. That must change for her to grow as a person.

That said, the show writers have said they aren't entirely following the drama template, so I may be way off base!

Anyway this show sure is fun to speculate about!

Edited by Raffles
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 4

4 hours ago, louisawatson said:

By the way, I wonder what is the illness that Kim Jwa Geun's assassin has? I think Kim said something about it, but I can't remember. And I wonder what medicine it is. Kim Jwa Geun said that it's unfortunate that assassin has such an illness, and the assassin said that he's still alive thanks to the medicine that Kim Jwa Geun gives him.

isn't he a drug addict?

6 hours ago, aisling said:

I somehow think Cheoljong won’t know it was So Bong who saved the banquet... :pensive: He won’t know she’s the cooking genius who can make delicious food from anything. He actually never saw her cooking, so he probably thinks she’s just supervising the process in the kitchen. 

That makes me even sadder. If the Royal Chef won’t tell the king (I somehow think he’s going to take the credit for saving the banquet), he won’t know because I doubt So Bong will tell him herself. Sigh.

jebal don't make this scenario happened. cheongie has to taste and KNOW by himself how the queen's cooking could even affect the great queen dowager:tears:

anyway, i read some theories that they will dethrone soyoung from her position, i hope it won't happened and chongie can protect her:criesariver:

7 hours ago, enzek said:

Hwa Jin (actress Seol In Ah) is funny in real life:lol:

yep, she is really amazing. i just realized she played as anti-fan in IU's drama the producer and her acting in school 2017 was great. i ship her with daewhi lol hahaha. honestly idc about hwajin and the king's love story and they can go lovey-dovey all over the palace whenever they want, but when hwajin starts showing signs of wanting to hurt soyoung, girl you're dead :onfirex:

#teamqueen

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Raffles said:

• I suspect the second half of Act 2 will move into a palace rebellion phase. We've seen new costumes from production photos that suggest this. Sobong will have to abandon her manic pet projects and declare herself, just as the king does. This will mean facing her own feelings as well as backing her king publicly. (Doesn't it feel like she and the king are in two different shows sometimes?) She has always, man or woman, run away from her problems. That must change for her to grow as a person.

:thumbsup: i'm waiting for that to happen too.. we're at the 12th episode by today.. hopefully next week the plot progresses. ok to be fair guess i'm just a tad impatient.. after all they just realized that they didn't want to kill each other as much, the king's affections just changed from hwajin to sobong in a span of a week, sobong is still getting used to the changes to herself and there's the other things they're occupied with.. but part of the fun was her inadvertently being an anti-fan (guardian angel) to the king like choosing the 3 right concubines, run into him in the well while he's passed out etc.

on a fangirl-y side note:

spacer.png 

broad shoulders. dreamy eyes :love:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 3