• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

2 hours ago, aisling said:

@Lady_Lara I usually don’t mind politics that much in historical dramas but having just a few seconds direct interaction between the leads is too much for me. This episode didn’t really satisfy me. And it looks like the next episode is all the same, or even worse. 

@rose_1108 I think the king will be in real danger. There will be a coup or something. I think the cousin will reveal the king tried to kill the queen!!!

vPZc7d2.jpg

He’s saying this to the king. God, I hate this guy! 

Why am I crying reading this? This sounds like a goodbye message...

One thing bothers me Kim Jung Hyun as far as I know always write or eat by his left hand. But here s with right and even handle the swords or fan with his right hand. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, aisling said:

Preview for episode 12 with English subs!

It doesn’t look like So Bong is in danger, it’s the king who seems to be in a big trouble. They literally disdain him and treat him like nothing!!! This is so infuriating! 

EDIT: Or this might be misleading. It truly might be So Bong’s father who’s in danger. But why would Cheoljong cry?

My opinions after observed the scenes in the preview for episode 12 that you posted:

At 0:51-0:53, it seems Byung In and his minions raided the important place for the trio (Cheol Jong, his brother and his friend) where they used to discuss about their political plan and strategies before. Byung In his minions even knocked down and arrested the "secret armies in the black outfits" of the trio.

At 0:54, it seems So Bong tried to dash towards someone(?) but Byung In blocked her.

About Cheol Jong angry and in tears, maybe after their secret armies were revealed, Kim Jwa Geun/Kim's clan want to punish his half-brother, Prince Yangpyeong or his friend, special director Hong and their secret armies?

This is just my guess tho so I might be wrong LOL 

Spoiler

credit to the owner

I'm also a bit disappointed with the lack of interactions between our royal couple in today episode but we need to remember this drama already reached it midway from the total of 20 episodes.

There is a need to show the rise of the conflicts in the political part because I think this is how the family/clan's influence of the newly selected concubines will be useful for our king later. And I look forward how our queen helps her husband with her cooking skill. 

Anyway today our king look mighty fine today especially when he wearing the blue outfit with the dragon embroidery on it. 

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

We know that actually the young So Yong was the one that saved young Cheol Jong. If the theory that Bong Hwan is the reincarnation of So Yong is true (please make it this way so it won't be unfair for So Yong & Bong Hwan) then it show that no matter what obstacles they both were tested with, they are truly the destined soulmate. 

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Despite misunderstand that young Hwa Jin was his savior instead of the young So Yong, Cheol Jong still fell in love with So Bong again after they met again in their adulthood

Spoiler

credit to the owner

and despite doesn't know that So Yong is his past life and he was reincarnated as a different gender in the future life, Bong Hwan still fell in love with Cheol Jong again when the soul entered So Yong's physical body in the past aww:tears:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

You both were already granted with the second chance.

Now this chaotic royal couple just need to confess and acknowledge their feeling towards each other.

credit to the owner

The power that King Cheol Jong and Queen So Bong have!

credit to the owner

The feel that this edit from Cheol Jong POV give me:bawling:

credit to the owner

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, 김진주 said:

One thing bothers me Kim Jung Hyun as far as I know always write or eat by his left hand. But here s with right and even handle the swords or fan with his right hand. 

Are you sure? I don’t think he used his left hand as a dominant hand in Mr Queen? Maybe you confused it with his character from Welcome to Waikiki? Kang Dong Gu (his character in there) was indeed left handed but the king always wrote with his right hand if I remember it correctly.

• Like 1

love how Mr queen invited new way every episode to make him annoyed 

hqL7j0W.gif

~> you wouldn’t end this , so you don’t leave me with a choice :phew:

Lx0pZHq.gif

~> wow I am cured , see clearly now :D

blhBxlO.gif

# love their hate love relationship :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Yes very sure not only in waikiki, at school 2017, Time and CLOY he always eat and write with his left hand.

38 minutes ago, aisling said:

Are you sure? I don’t think he used his left hand as a dominant hand in Mr Queen? Maybe you confused it with his character from Welcome to Waikiki? Kang Dong Gu (his character in there) was indeed left handed but the king always wrote with his right hand if I remember it correctly.

Yes very sure not only in waikiki, at school 2017, Time and CLOY he always eat and write with his left hand.

Edited just now by 김진주

Edited by 김진주
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, 김진주 said:

Yes very sure not only in waikiki, at school 2017, Time and CLOY he always eat and write with his left hand.

Yes very sure not only in waikiki, at school 2017, Time and CLOY he always eat and write with his left hand.

Edited just now by 김진주

I think the role of Cheoljong requires him to use a right hand. He’s the king in Joseon era after all. Don’t Korean or Asian people generally think it’s proper to use a right hand? 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, aisling said:

I think the role of Cheoljong requires him to use a right hand. He’s the king in Joseon era after all. Don’t Korean or Asian people generally think it’s proper to use a right hand? 

perhaps, I am a left hand and so nice to know an actor left handy also. And in this drama he has to use right hand for the sword which need an extra force. woaahhh speechless. Bravo Cheoljongi...

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, 김진주 said:

perhaps, I am a left hand and so nice to know an actor left handy also. And in this drama he has to use right hand for the sword which need an extra force. woaahhh speechless. Bravo Cheoljongi...

Yes, you’re right! He’s most certainly left-handed in real life but seeing how he executes flawlessly all right-handed tasks  makes me admire him even more! He’s truly immersed in his characters. Even in this fight he holds a “weapon” with his right hand.

SK1T1XL.jpg

I’m actually a cross-dominant person myself. I write with my right hand but I do everything else with my left hand! For example I can’t hold chopsticks or knife with my right hand, I’m so clumsy when I try to do something with my right hand, but when I write I can only write with my right hand. I don’t know if it’s common or not.

• Like 3

Hwa Jin (actress Seol In Ah) is funny in real life:lol:

I also love the director Hong (actor Lee Jae Won) playful comment hahaha

credit to the owner

Spoiler

I like her in the drama with Kim Jae Young:D

https://mydramalist.com/38355-beautiful-love-wonderful-life

That's why even I'm hoping for the less scene between Hwa Jin and the king here since I want more scene between the royal couple, I couldn't hate Hwa Jin character in this drama. She is cute haha

I will watch if Seol In Ah and Kim Jung Hyun act together in another drama as the main couple in the future haha.

credit to the owner

I can't with the funny misunderstanding between the royal couple for this scene LOLOL:lol:

Credit to Madam Cheetah on Youtube's comment.

[TRANS RECAP]

The Queen wonders if she should send a Katalk to her concubines? Hmm, what would be good to send? Maybe I should start simply, not too complicated.

Ah! She picks up the paint brush and starts to write a super simple message. She folds it and gives it to Yeon to deliver to the concubines. She also tells her to check to see if the King is around.

The delivery men are around delivering things. They are reciting the orders "Deliver to concubines and see if the King is around!"

But they run into a eunuch and then start to recite "Deliver to the King and surveillance the Concubines!"

It looks like the orders got mixed up, so they deliver the letters to the King instead. He opens the first one, it asks, are you sleeping? He opens the second one “Are you sleeping” He opens the third one “Are you sleeping?”

He wonders, does she really wonder if he is sleeping that much? Three messages for are you sleeping?

The Queen waits up for the answer. Yeon comes in with one note. The Queen wonders why it is only one note when she sent three? She opens it and sees a super long note. She thinks this is such good writing from a good family.

King's letter:

I went out.

In a dark night, 

There was one bright spot

I thought it was the moon

But it was my friend

The Queen: This is a Cyworld feeling. (people wrote a lot of cheesy things on Cyworld. Almost like Instagram poetry).

The Queen thinks she will write something back. So she writes it, but it is very kid like. She calls Yeon and tells her this is her answer, send it back to where it came from.

Queen’s answer to King's letter is basically copying a famous poem – Sometimes I daydream and thinks I am okay dying thinking about you. You can row to me. I did not let you go.

King in his room – Oh, Queen…

The Queen thinks that she is using her SAT knowledge right now (she copied that poem from famous poems) She thinks she is going to get her man identity back with this.

They keep writing letters to each other back and forth and are happier and happier with each!

Cutest royal couple ever:wub:

credit to the owner

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

I somehow think Cheoljong won’t know it was So Bong who saved the banquet... :pensive: He won’t know she’s the cooking genius who can make delicious food from anything. He actually never saw her cooking, so he probably thinks she’s just supervising the process in the kitchen. 

That makes me even sadder. If the Royal Chef won’t tell the king (I somehow think he’s going to take the credit for saving the banquet), he won’t know because I doubt So Bong will tell him herself. Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
4 hours ago, aisling said:

Yes, you’re right! He’s most certainly left-handed in real life but seeing how he executes flawlessly all right-handed tasks  makes me admire him even more! He’s truly immersed in his characters. Even in this fight he holds a “weapon” with his right hand.

SK1T1XL.jpg

I’m actually a cross-dominant person myself. I write with my right hand but I do everything else with my left hand! For example I can’t hold chopsticks or knife with my right hand, I’m so clumsy when I try to do something with my right hand, but when I write I can only write with my right hand. I don’t know if it’s common or not.

wow cool so you can use both hand. I am doing fully with my left hand. Even I kicked with left foot haha. When I watched KJH in this drama and mostly with right hand, I want to know his force can use both hand especially with swords and weapon.

Edited by 김진주
  • Like 1

I'm ok with politics. Romance dramas always have something going on to make the romance interesting. Palace politics itself are plot to thicken the romance. The whole emotional tensions, conflicts, and misunderstandings that we enjoy seeing from this romance drama came from this palace politics. Kind of like Romeo and Juliet. That's romance, but we have this rivalry family thing to make the romance more interesting.

Anyway, I understand Byeong In being angry at Cheol Jong. He tried to kill So Bong after all. And So Bong told Byeong In that s/he didn't say anything because it might get worse for her. S/he didn't say s/he forgive the king to Byeong In, so as far as Byeong In knows, So Bong didn't forgive the king.

I hope So Bong later tells Byeong In that s/he forgives Cheol Jong. Byeong In will not like it, but hopefully he will accept it and move on. I'm still holding on to his personality at the beginning of drama when he said he's ok as long as So Yong is happy. 

Now, I'm kind of sad because Byeong In still thinks So Bong is So Yong, especially now that s/he even possess So Yong's traits. Unlike Cheol Jong, Byeong In definitely fell in love with So Yong. He didn't even get to spend much time with So Bong, so he hardly knows So Bong. He still thinks of the queen as So Yong who sometimes acts funny because of lake incident. I'm curious if So Bong will ever remember their kiss. I'm pretty sure if Byeong In mentions it, s/he will remember it.

Hwa Jin is out of her mind at this point. Hwa Jin seems to be only good at acting kind in front of Cheol Jong. Well, she's been doing that for 8 years, so I'm not surprised. That palace lady that saw her with the real arrow is going to come back and bite her. 

The one that sold Hwa Jin's accessory is So Bong's palace lady, right? I wonder if there is going to be misunderstanding that queen killed Hwa Jin's palace lady. But at the end, that palace lady will expose both queen dowgar/Jo clan and Kim Jwa Geun/Kim clan. 

By the way, I wonder what is the illness that Kim Jwa Geun's assassin has? I think Kim said something about it, but I can't remember. And I wonder what medicine it is. Kim Jwa Geun said that it's unfortunate that assassin has such an illness, and the assassin said that he's still alive thanks to the medicine that Kim Jwa Geun gives him.

I like So Bong's "therapy" session with the doctor where So Bong worries about confusing feeling for Cheol Jong and doctor advised the queen to "accept who you are" and So Bong seems to be somewhat accepting of that idea. The letter exchange is probably the first step to accept the feeling for Cheol Jong. When later s/he finds out that the letters were written by Cheol Jong, So Bong is more likely to accept that Cheol Jong is charming guy who can arise feelings since s/he was extremely happy during the letters exchange without knowing it was him. Of course, s/he won't likely to accept it right away, but it will be the first step, if it ever happens in this drama.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Well, there is our answer, isn’t it? She needs to accept who she is. I had this thought... IF we ever get... ehm... a hot night, it will be after So Bong accepts her identity and her feelings. It will be probably the same moment when Cheoljong finds out the truth about the well incident. Imagine both of

them being so emotional at that moment... it’d be a perfect opportunity for the writer to give us a scene to remember, wouldn’t it??? :yum:

gJRkOWd.jpg

IhP1KFF.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2

Er5XlbOW8AEGNFb?format=jpg&name=small

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” remains as popular as ever!

On January 16, the hit drama continued its winning streak of taking first place in its time slot across all channels, including public broadcast networks (no easy feat for a cable drama). According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Mr. Queen” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.5 percent and a peak of 14.5 percent.

“Mr. Queen” also remained first place in its time slot across all channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 7.1 percent and a peak of 8.3 percent.

Credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후