[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Finally, we know the identity of that scar faced evil man. He's the drug addict who works for Kim Jwa-geun, the Grand Queen Dowager's brother. I wonder why the equation between  Jwa-geun and his adopted son so strained, so distrustful. I cannot figure out the dynamics between the two. Jwa-geun has been keeping things from his son, something as innocuous as the Grand Queen Dowager wishing to see  Byeong-in more often. On the other hand, we have seen that Byeong-in himself is not comfortable sharing confidential information with his adopted father. I wonder how he would react once he finds out that his adopted father is the one planning to dethrone his beloved Queen.

I feel bad for Byeong-in. He is so righteous. He wants to do his best for the woman he loves. However, sometimes it seems his efforts are misguided. Because as audience we know that the King is already in love with his wife, in spite of his protestations. His 'must not' love is not the same as 'do not' love her.

As for Hwa-jin (She's very pretty. Such a lovely face shedding tears!:tears:) , I do not know what her game is. What's with her 'I have been wronged' attitude. She always would have the second place. It had been decided. Otherwise, they would have chosen her as the Queen, not as the Royal concubine. Trying to score brownie points with the King by 'stealing' that confidential ledger from the Queen's house.    

The Queen's father is another character that fascinates me. Is he truly a loving and caring father compelled to do evil things or just an evil man hiding his true colours.

Finally, who is more evil I wonder as Queen Dowager Jo or Grand Queen Dowager. 

Not much to add about our superb Royal couple. They never fail to entertain us. But the side characters are getting equally interesting.

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, enzek said:

Yes, thank you soo much @selen4ever!

What kind of fight did the guys do? Using fans:sweat_smile:

Peoples can say whatever they want about this drama or Shin Hye Sun/Kim Jung Hyun pair here, but many drama productions can see queen Shin Hye Sun talent from this drama and her past dramas.

That's why they want her to work with them. 

I'm so happy for you, my queen!:issohappy:

credit to the owner

I'm sure it is the same with king Kim Jung Hyun and I'm wondering what kind of character he will tackle next. Since I don't know Korean language, I'm also rely the news about his drama through translation.

I'm eagerly waiting for the news of his next drama. Fighting!

credit to the owner

I fall for him since School 2017 and I love him more here as the multilayer character, King Cheol Jong. His character is quiet, people think that is boring but in his head, he's like "I'm willing to look dumb since right now I'm execute my plan about the way to kick yo a**"

Well, except when he is with his queen, because she make him truly dumbfounded LOOL

Reveal hidden contents

credit to the owner

When she tried to act normal towards him, it weirds him out because to him her weird attitude is the one that is NORMAL:partyblob:

Reveal hidden contents

credit to the owner

As I mentioned on my post before, with all the chaos in the real world, why we have to focus about people comments that only added our stress? 

I love Mr Queen, I love the royal couple, I really love Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun performances and chemistry together here so let's enjoy this drama together, ok friends!

I'm so glad that both of them get to work together in this drama! They are my happy pills! 

Fighting Mr Queen!:heart1: 

credit to the owner

They look so adorable together! I also want another drama with them as leads. 
Was School 2017 really low rating? Really? Kim Jung Hyun is so hot there! 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

THanks for sharing @enzek

As a huge Shin Hye Sun fan, I am so so proud! Even after My Golden Life, I also read that many scripts were offered to her and she ended up doing 3017. :) 

I loved Kim Jung Hyun in Waikiki and CLOY as well. So happy they got to work together in this drama. Hope we get to see them together again in a movie perhaps!

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, aisling said:

BTW does anybody know how SHS and KJH address each other? Does KJH call her Hye Sun noona or Hye Sun-shi? I mean, she’s only 8 months older than him so maybe they address each other as equals? 

He addressed her as Hyesun shi in the press conference 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

K-netz reactions to ep 10 :kiss_wink:

[Naver TV] ‘Mr Queen’ Episode 10 Comments and Reactions

Compassionate embrace♥Kim Junghyun reveals his ‘nightmare’ to Shin Hyesun while tightly hugging her 

rsz_screenshot_2021-01-12_at_121334_pm.p

1. [+618][-4] Hey ㅎㅎ So he knew it was Soyong but continued to embrace her~

2. [+578][-4] Yes ㅠㅠㅠ Cheoljong-ahㅠㅠ It was always Soyong from the start

3. [+464][-3] Please remember ㅠㅠㅠ Not Jo Hwajin but Kim Soyong

4. [+396][-4] Cheoljong-ah,,, It was always Soyong who was beside you

5. [+355][-5] Shin Hyesun and Kim Junghyun suit each other so well ㅜㅜㅠㅠㅜ

Shin Hyesun’s ambitious fusion-cooking makes the Grand Queen Dowager Bae Jongok explode in anger?!

rsz_screenshot_2021-01-12_at_121942_pm.p

1. [+442][-3] It’s so cute how the baby maid has picked up the language of modern hell-like Korea ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The Grand Queen Dowager is supposed to be a villain but she’s so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋ She was hungry so she ate the whole thing – she’s found her soul food ㅋㅋ

2. [+333][-4] If you are a Korean, you can’t give up gukbap ㅋㅋㅋ (T/N: Gukbap is a Korean dish with the rice inside a soup) 

3. [+273][-3] Gukbap is a national law ㅎㅎㅎ The exclamation she let out from the radish kimchi

4. [+215][-2] Her speech ㅋㅋㅋ She was hella scared and hella thankful

5. [+171][-3] Of course, the Soyong x Bongwhan cross is the best,,,

The feelings of the real Soyong re-emerging in front of Kim Junghyun?! Shin Hyesun perfectly blocks out every single heart-fluttering moments!!

rsz_screenshot_2021-01-12_at_122401_pm.p

1. [+1070][-5] Look at him not being able to look at a well-mannered Soyong ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+847][-4] ㅋㅋㅋ Cheoljong, who is shocked every time he sees the real-Soyong and Soyong who is shocked every time she feels swooned by Cheoljong ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I love how Hwajin, who’s watching from afar mistakes the situation to be romantic and sweet

3. [+786][-4] I think Bongwhan and Soyong are merging into one

4. [+598][-3] They have to be bickering with each other ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+531][-4] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Everything is banned

[Dream Ending] My queen~♥ Kim Junghyun approaching Shin Hyesun (ft. Queen Dictionary) 

Spoiler

rsz_screenshot_2021-01-12_at_122716_pm.p

1. [+1535][-5] So, the solution to beat the nightmare is to think about the queen… ♥️

2. [+1185][-5] To Cheoljong, the queen Soyong is now the person who brings him happiness

3. [+993][-6] Wow… Cheoljong is seriously in love ㅠㅠ

4. [+937][-7] Beating the nightmare by thinking about So-Bong,, isn’t this true love???

5. [+861][-6] I think he’s now realised that the person who he thinks of when he’s happy or sad is the Queen

source: https://netizen-kore.com/2021/01/naver-tv-mr-queen-episode-10-comments-and-reactions.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, aisling said:

BTW does anybody know how SHS and KJH address each other? Does KJH call her Hye Sun noona or Hye Sun-shi? I mean, she’s only 8 months older than him so maybe they address each other as equals? 

in BTS for teaser when Queen runs to take liquor behind King. KJH adress SHS as Noona, sometimes mama or chungjeon (pardon if misspealling). i think it depends on the circumstance, like Lee Sung Gi to Moon Chae Won or Park Shin Hye to Lee Jong Suk. sometimes by her/his names sometimes with -Sshi or Noona/Oppa.

@enzek my pleasure :) 

On 1/11/2021 at 2:55 PM, enzek said:

It seems Kim Jung Hyun feels more shy and cringing with the flirty scenes in this dramas more than Shin Hye Sun LOOL

i even feel embarrassed just by watching that scene XD. i mean his expression and what is that rose petal in his mouth. Moreover, in BTS, he seemed worried about his lower outfit i think because it is white clothes and afraid if it's transparent. he slightly covers up his bottom of his outfit when he gets into the water. i guess that makes him shy and uncomfortable. besides, he is the only man in the bathtub XD

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

13 hours ago, enzek said:

Yes, thank you soo much @selen4ever!

What kind of fight did the guys do? Using fans:sweat_smile:

Peoples can say whatever they want about this drama or Shin Hye Sun/Kim Jung Hyun pair here, but many drama productions can see queen Shin Hye Sun talent from this drama and her past dramas.

That's why they want her to work with them. 

I'm so happy for you, my queen!:issohappy:

credit to the owner

I'm sure it is the same with king Kim Jung Hyun and I'm wondering what kind of character he will tackle next. Since I don't know Korean language, I'm also rely the news about his drama through translation.

I'm eagerly waiting for the news of his next drama. Fighting!

credit to the owner

I fall for him since School 2017 and I love him more here as the multilayer character, King Cheol Jong. His character is quiet, people think that is boring but in his head, he's like "I'm willing to look dumb since right now I'm execute my plan about the way to kick yo a**"

Well, except when he is with his queen, because she make him truly dumbfounded LOOL

Reveal hidden contents

credit to the owner

When she tried to act normal towards him, it weirds him out because to him her weird attitude is the one that is NORMAL:partyblob:

Reveal hidden contents

credit to the owner

As I mentioned on my post before, with all the chaos in the real world, why we have to focus about people comments that only added our stress? 

I love Mr Queen, I love the royal couple, I really love Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun performances and chemistry together here so let's enjoy this drama together, ok friends!

I'm so glad that both of them get to work together in this drama! They are my happy pills! 

Fighting Mr Queen!:heart1: 

credit to the owner

@enzek I agree with you, people can say whatever they want but Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun is such a great pair with undeniable chemistry !

I’m actually didn’t know much about both of them before this, it all started when I accidentally watch one of the Mr Queen video teaser on youtube. Guess what, it their way of expressing the character makes me want to watch the drama. I think this is my first time watching a kdrama without considering the lead (well usually I did since everyone have their own preference hehe)

But for Mr Queen it turn out different, I getting into stories and see how talented they are as actor and actress, both are humble and let me just say something they are not even close to an average actor at all they are an EXPERT! 

( I know there are overrated actor & actress out there and their acting was just meh:phew:

what I can see from both of them

(this is my very own opinion based on Mr Queen since this is my first ever drama for both of them)

Kim Jung Hyun- he had such a good expressive eyes, you can see how he can deliver feeling with just seeing his eyes (killing part) and how he can play with his voice damn I love it!

Shin Hye Sun- She’s an expert and knows the limit, what I mean here is she really know how to act the character perfectly and play it well, she’s one of the actress that I know who can expressed a character without having any flaws at ALL! 

I’m looking forward for their future project, cause both of them are gems! 

Thank you Mr Queen for letting me know such a good actor and actress, their supporting actor also is damn GOOD!

:Megathanks:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, kyakyari said:

i even feel embarrassed just by watching that scene XD. i mean his expression and what is that rose petal in his mouth. Moreover, in BTS, he seemed worried about his lower outfit i think because it is white clothes and afraid if it's transparent. he slightly covers up his bottom of his outfit when he gets into the water. i guess that makes him shy and uncomfortable. besides, he is the only man in the bathtub XD

OMG, you’re right :hypehype: 

I haven’t thought about that! As a man he must’ve felt self-conscious about getting his trousers transparent and clingy :ph34r: Poor guy, no wonder he fretted so much. It must’ve been hard trying to be flirty and sexy while screaming internally LOL. 

Ok, I rewatched BTS again after your post and I think Shin Hye Sun noticed his discomfort. Look at her hand - isn’t she trying to help him pulling down his shirt? And the way she looked at him knowing. What a considerate noona!

spacer.png

Spoiler

lIKAtje.jpg

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

His hesitation gets to me every time!! All hail King "Gentleman" Cheoljong!!

:fullofhearts:

079279b9a7f8c4e566ddf02cc40b3316777d8f8a 4b600e66f0425953c0f788155b6628628d750241

Cred. owner

The fact that we're definitely going to get another scene as such (with her sober and fully consenting) is the only thing getting me through this crappy start of a year...

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, blademan said:

Cred. owner

The fact that we're definitely going to get another scene as such (with her sober and fully consenting) is the only thing getting me through this crappy start of a year...

Aaaaaa I just love this moment when he stopped kissing her, looked into her eyes and then touched her face and kissed again but so gently :please: and after this kissing he still doesn’t understand his feelings towards his wife??

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Queen So Bong is a straight forward kind of person.

She won't write letter, she will just crash his chamber and then talk to him instead if there is anything she want to tell her Cheoljongiiee. Who impersonated our queen here?:hushed:

credit to the owner

I want another hot make out session from our royal couple but I know it won't happen in this scene. 

At the beginning of episode 11 this week, So Bong might wake up in shock and scream "no!" LOL

Tvn just like to tease audience with the drama still:tears:

credit to the owner

Keep the no touching agreement coming, we are happy with that;)

Spoiler

credit to the owner

And this reverse gif is for ermm a scientific purpose ok.

credit to the owner

Fan made gif of our royal couple in the modern time. 

Although this is a combination from the separate dramas of them,

the visual and the chemistry is just soo:wub:

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Fan made clip from their separate mvs

credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, blademan said:

His hesitation gets to me every time!! All hail King "Gentleman" Cheoljong!

Omoo.. For me that's the hottest part when they were kissing!

He's like teasing her, had a pause to see her reaction and kissed her slowly... That makes me :evilelmo:

Indeed the hottest kissing scene in Kdrama story I have ever watched.

Unless, we are going to see kissing scene hotter than that in Mr. Queen again? :shaq:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, blademan said:

Cred. owner

Yeah, that’s the only thing that is keeping me “sane” right now. Waiting on the scene where they are both aware and into their feelings so its so much sweeter!

Hello, I just found this sub! I looking for more and more content on Mr. Queen and spazzing on Twitter and it’s never enough!

Honestly, was 50-50 on watching this at the start because I didn’t know much abt the leads except Jung Hyun who I watched in CLOY. 

No regrets!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3

Anneyeong! I've been into this drama since the first day and I just love both so much. I can't remember how many times I have re-watched all the episodes that came out lol...

Anyways I am confused, is this a 16 or 20 episodes drama? 

Annnnnnnnd I've been obessessing with this drama for a while now that I actually started watching GO Princess Go... The original drama was funny and hilarious same with this remake. Both really made me laugh so hard but SHS and KJH have better chemistry IMHO ....  

I am looking forward on how some of my favorite scene from the original will be made here in the Kdrama... 

• Like 4